Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#491809 Feb 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure what your response had to do with my post...there was nothing in it about homosexuals.
Nor does my posting a link to one political/religion site change the dynamics of this thread. There have been links posted to various topics here on this thread in the past...news...politics...curre nt events...music...videos...etc. ..etc.
Money, politics, power might not be a part of your faith but it is a part of all religions. History is history...we can run from it...we can pretend it didn't happen.
The conversations...which by the way...is the first time that I have posted concerning it...is about "church"...what is it...what meaning is being used by both parties...I voiced my opinion.
I also addressed the issue of how much influence does the "church" have when it comes to political issues...how it affects all of us...not just those within that faith.
I would have to ask...have you addressed others as you did me when they post something that you think is off topic?
I remember during the election and afterwards there were quite a few political sites referenced...how about the sports links that are left here???
I thank God Annie J for people like you.
I also am learning more and more as time goes by, of such faiths within the Christian branch which shock me.

There are many whose songs I have grown to love due to their content - as the child in me can still be seemingly gullible - but it is behind the scenes which does concern me. And one such faith which like so many, and began in humble beginnings, is now mega mega rich.

I don't doubt much of this wealth goes to aid others, but as it is classified a 'business concern' that mega wealth is tax free. I also don't know enough about the rest, except the pastor and wife live like a king and queen. I believe Jesus did not teach this was how he intended anything which represented him, was meant to be.

You, along with others turn over a lot of stones, only to find they are inhabited by one thing or another.
I like the text in the Bible that states a fact which is coming true to the letter.
"...there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed..."

Annie, we both know we love one another, and heaven knows you have the heart of loving others even termed 'our enemies'. For all those posts - and times in life - where you put your life on the dotted line to share, I know you are a Comfort to so many.

God Bless you Sister Friend.
>>>HUGS<<<
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491810 Feb 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If he cared, he'd beg my forgiveness. He has slandered me and continues to do so. He either has no conscience to begin with, or if he gets any pang of guilt, he gets him some forgiveness from the sky on demand every now and again and is go to go again.
But he doesn't care what I think.
<quoted text>
Great point. I noticed.
<quoted text>
Of course you don't. Nor do you. Again, my point.
People with empathy and moral courage do care about people other than themselves and those that agree with them, and express that. They take a stand against injustice. You have seen that from several of the humanists here. Not so much from the Christians.
<quoted text>
And what is that?
<quoted text>
That's a typical comment. Zero substance, just innuendo.
<quoted text>
Getting Dim or any of the rest of you to behave this way or that was not my purpose. Demonstrating who you are was.
What response do you think that somebody who is criticizing the church was expecting and will be able to use? One where Dim feels shame and apologizes after the bulk of you good Christians stood up and exhorted him to do so, or this one, where he steadfastly refuses to do beg forgiveness after being exposed for what he is, and people like you either enable him or remain silent? Think.
Incidentally, with that revelation, the time for action is officially over. The story is written. I won't consider any action taken after this post to be a sincere response to my request that people stand up and do the right thing for its own sake. If you act after now, I would have to assume that is due to a recent realization of what you have shown to at least a half dozen of our most prolific skeptical posters.
I don't know just what Catcher, Happy Lesbo, Hiding, Tide, Scaritual and others thought about this matter before now, but I suspect that any that didn't accept my claim that your doctrine of self-forgiveness facilitates shabby behavior and moral cowardice and then got to see to it play out graphically right here in real-time are at least open to the suggestion if not outright convinced.
This is freethinker school, where we teach and learn from one another in the lecture section, and see it in the lab section. Thanks for your service.
IANS wrote:
If he cared, he'd beg my forgiveness. He has slandered me and continues to do so. He either has no conscience to begin with, or if he gets any pang of guilt, he gets him some forgiveness from the sky on demand every now and again and is go to go again.
But he doesn't care what I think.

HFN wrote:
No one has to beg for your forgiveness. The point is you talk about his faults while you faults keep on pilling up and that seems to be ok with you.

You know, I’m not fooling with answering all this sentence by sentence. I don’t know what started all this between you and Skombolis. That was not my main point here. My point is you don’t get to and no one else can. You seem to think you get a free pass to put down and ridicule but heaven forbid someone disagree with you and give you as good as you are giving them. Double standards IANS. And if you can’t see that then it is because you don’t want to.
HFN

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491811 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
f you attend too many White Supremacist meetings, their hate doctrine will begin to make sense .f you attend a Fundamentalist Church service, you're exposed to their beliefs if you attend too many Fundamentalist Church services, their literal interpretation of the bible will begin to make sense ..
.. do you see the analogy? It's subtle brainwashing and indoctrination ..
Im not sure what that has to do with the fact that his disdain for Christians is obvious and using the word 'church' as a substiture for Christian doesnt hide that fact although many times he simply bashes Christians as a whole. He just recently claimed Christians dont follow the instruction to love others and said because of that Christian churches have empty homilies whereas "humanists" follow thru. Not only thats a bigoted claim as he doesnt know how millions of Christians act but also by his own admission then the church teaches ppl to love.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#491812 Feb 21, 2013
I offer you the Christians of "Why Should Jesus Love Me?" as exhibit A.
The Christian people of Nazi Germany are a good example of that Christian moral courage as well. As you well know, if you were a Jew in a concentration camp waiting for the tens of millions of church trained Christians in Nazi Germany to stand up and say, "This is wrong! Stop, Herr Hitler!" you were a dead Jew.
CORRECTION: Christians would have been courageous enough to oppose any wars, regardless. There would have been no NAZI party. There would have been no concentration camps. But, it seems to me that "Christians" would rather be labeled patriotic before faithful/obedient to their religious beliefs. In this, defense-excuses are adopted and accepted before anything else.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491813 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a person that is quite open to his disdain to Chrisians as he has slandered a group of people. Its not hard for a person to say this would be "hate speech" when the word parasite is used on a group of people. How many times have your murdered folks in your heart? Its sad that you claim to stand up for a group of people, here the homosexual communnity and out of the same heart show pure hate to another. While I am thankful my wife left that life I never once have or would look at a gay man or woman the way you speak of people of faith.
Good post Chris. I could not have said it better myself.
HFN

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491814 Feb 21, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
mike wrote:
Hello Red Aps
Your response seems to struggle with what you want to say and what your GOD wants you to say. That happens alot with professing christians.
I didn't sense the struggle you did. He seemed quite comfortable in his pronouncements. And why shouldn't he be? He's not perfect, just forgiven. I'm certain that he learned and grew from the experience.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#491815 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
It's over now except the reporting. I will continue to call Dim whatever his manners earn him. But I won't be asking for anybody to take a stand any more.
<quoted text>
What would moral cowardice look like?
<quoted text>
Nobody who talked to me about this matter didn't find fault in me except Seraphine, who apologized in place of Dim.
And I didn't see a single post to Dim telling him that he was wrong. If you know of one, please link me to it so that I can thank the poster and credit the Christian community with at least one win.
<quoted text>
The misunderstanding isn't the issue. It's Dim's mouth. It's his gutter Christian ethic of slandering others without cause and then forgiving himself. Everybody who failed to point this out to him was tacitly giving him and that doctrine support. How else can I possibly interpret what I just saw?
<quoted text>
Do you think so? How are you being any better than any of the rest here? This situation is far from symmetrical.
<quoted text>
This kind of love is worth nothing to me. Love is courageous.
Yes but abusing another person out of pride or just to be right is not courage, judging another whilst displaying similar behaviour is not courage.

Calling someone a coward for saying give peace a chance, after your many rants about making the world a better place is a bit much...

Love is courageous when you love another person enough to forgive, apologise and let go of ego.

You want to judge, I see that and it is your choice but remember that you too are being judged and getting a leg up and winning a debate does not come across as love, not the way you go about it.

You will just dismiss what I write with more of your angry arguments and prove me right, Skom does the exact same thing, I know from experience that there is no point talking to either one of you unless it's to agree with you sycophantically.

I find sycophants to be cowards and I have seen people disagree and try to approach both of you.

Just because my and others' approach is not abusive it doesn't mean everyone is in agreement and as an outsider I can see that you are both wrong and both right about different things.

"Apologising does not mean you are wrong, it just means you value the other person enough not to let a fight get in the way."
Someone.

Peace <3

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#491817 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I have showed where he lied. And while u agreed to finally stay out of it with me and Ians (something you rarely do with anyone that says something to him) this is the second time in the last few days you claimed two diff posters were "pulling a skom". You initially claimed u did so in a joking manner because u kid those u like but clearly u mean it just how it comes across that u r saying someone has falsely accused him. If u really want to claim u dont regularly post on his behalf to ppl challenging him then i will leave it at that. Imo its obvious u do not and have seen it regularly in several rooms.
>>>Skom<<<
I'm taking this chance to firstly say 'hello my Friend'.
Miss the in depth sharing we used to have - and Ja... I see the changes - but we are here too.

Remember when I worked with the Apartheid Cause in South Africa, and how I loved that quote of Lord Mounbatten...
"Any man can step up... but it takes a greater man to step down."
It was the one last stand of the then President De Klerk that I admired. A stand which called for every humility a that President could muster. Today he works for 'peace'.

Was it for the better?
Only God knows... but I still love the quote!
LUV U Brother-o-mine.
His Love, Peace and Grace be your Comfort in simply knowing the truth with sets you free.
>>>hugs<<< PW
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491818 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
What can I do to help these Christians as Christians? Nothing that I know of.
I think that I can serve their descendants best by helping to push that loathsome church out of the saddle so that the humanists can take the reins.
But not them. They are intractable and proud of it, as the gentleman who just reassured me that none of them care or need care what others want reminded me.
That’s not what I said. I said no one has to care what you want. As in what you want is your way no matter if it steps on others rights and wants.

BTW I’m a she not a he.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491819 Feb 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
are we not talking again?:(
allow me to share a story that i shared on another thread:
so my wife likes to watch criminal minds (proof that they're the weaker sex, but that's another sermon;) and i occasionally suffer through it just to be with her. last night a homosexual was killing people and i thought 'finally it's not a 'christian' doing the evil in an episode'!
turns out that this homo-guy was all twisted up cuz of this abusive'christian' treatment center his twisted 'christian' dad forced him to go to when he was a kid.
even though this homo-guy killed several of both innocent gays and women, the self-righteous FBI team was the most compassionate and gracious to this serial killer than i've ever seen them be in an episode before! GO FIGURE!!!
and to think y'all antichristers claim that you're not being continuously brainwashed! too funny!!!
You're the one's watching that trash ya accuse of be'n brainwash'n stuff!
hahahahahahah!
No irony here huh?

Location hidden

#491820 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the purpose of asking that?
Be honest.I feel sorry for you, Are there any Conservative or Liberal ideas that you would consider stupid?If so, why do you think Conservatives or Liberals are stupid?Did that work for you, or will I have to fill 4000 character
The purpose of asking that was to illustare someone cant pretend their hatred is limited to some abstract definition of 'church' when it is clearly directed at the members. And by his own admission the churches teach ppl to love. There is no Christian ideology that teaches ppl to hate gays so your comparison doesnt work. Whats more you have admitted yourself he uses "Christians" as an entity which he clearly does when stereotyping. Dont feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for a guy so needy he has to look up to anonymous posters on the internet. And no it doesnt require 4000 characters for me to understand you as you and what motivates your posts is easy to follow

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#491821 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
You may want to get some liniment.
Also, if you don't use one, you might want to grab a word processor program instead of the quick and easy window - for short responses - provided by topix.
I use WriteSpace, an extension for Chrome.
OH...maybe some aspirin too.
All quilts are warm.

All brooms have handles.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491822 Feb 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I know you directed your question at Chris, but I must ask..........what does the KKK has to do with this?
If the KKK demeans black people, we must point this out because it is wrong.

Similarly, if a church demeans homosexuals, we must point this out because it is wrong.

This should be simple to understand.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#491823 Feb 21, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Had the people involved been Christian, there would have been much smaller armies considering that the Christian would have refused to commit any form of violence against other Christians to begin with.
BAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA AHAH HAHA HA HA AHA !!!

Good one BRO <3

Location hidden

#491824 Feb 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>Skom<<<
I'm taking this chance to firstly say 'hello my Friend'.
Miss the in depth sharing we used to have - and Ja... I see the changes - but we are here too.
Remember when I worked with the Apartheid Cause in South Africa, and how I loved that quote of Lord Mounbatten...
"Any man can step up... but it takes a greater man to step down."
It was the one last stand of the then President De Klerk that I admired. A stand which called for every humility a that President could muster. Today he works for 'peace'.
Was it for the better?
Only God knows... but I still love the quote!
LUV U Brother-o-mine.
His Love, Peace and Grace be your Comfort in simply knowing the truth with sets you free.
>>>hugs<<< PW
I "see you" my friend. Dont worry, I think I have seen about all I need to of the "humanists" that are posting in here and their "ethics". Time to get back to more of what matters.(T) PEACE

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#491825 Feb 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening >>>>>IRRIRA< <<< (as it is here) should be pushing morning where you are, and I hope you had a very peaceful and well rested night as I have plowed through another day at work and laying back for a little R & R right now, so talk to ya later.
Blessings.
Everyone deserves some R & R >>>LAWEST<<< after hard work! How do you like best to relax?

I don't have to tell you how much I love music. I just have a problem with it these days... I believe I 'turned the other cheek' too often in Africa, and the result is permanent damage with no cure. I probly should regret doing so for the beatings my head has taken both physically and mentally... but there's something about Truth when God rules the airwaves!

Love always my Friend in His Peace and Love and trust you have a good and rested week-end coming up. I must have lost track of time 'last night/morning' with 'TUES', because I woke up and it was FRIDAY! Now THAT is worth a >>>smile<<<
It's 12 noon now...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#491826 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I "see you" my friend. Dont worry, I think I have seen about all I need to of the "humanists" that are posting in here and their "ethics". Time to get back to more of what matters.(T) PEACE
I'm not worrying...
I just love you!

Take Care

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491827 Feb 21, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but abusing another person out of pride or just to be right is not courage, judging another whilst displaying similar behaviour is not courage.
Calling someone a coward for saying give peace a chance, after your many rants about making the world a better place is a bit much...
Love is courageous when you love another person enough to forgive, apologise and let go of ego.
You want to judge, I see that and it is your choice but remember that you too are being judged and getting a leg up and winning a debate does not come across as love, not the way you go about it.
You will just dismiss what I write with more of your angry arguments and prove me right, Skom does the exact same thing, I know from experience that there is no point talking to either one of you unless it's to agree with you sycophantically.
I find sycophants to be cowards and I have seen people disagree and try to approach both of you.
Just because my and others' approach is not abusive it doesn't mean everyone is in agreement and as an outsider I can see that you are both wrong and both right about different things.
"Apologising does not mean you are wrong, it just means you value the other person enough not to let a fight get in the way."
Someone.
Peace <3
Beautifully written. Something a lot of us should do..God Bless

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491828 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. perhaps it does ..
.. being somewhat of a chicken sh*t, I failed to call AIN on several things, decided to stay out of it when a simple, "That's hitting below the belt," would have sufficed. And, I've pretty much given up on SKOM, he doesn't want to acknowledge his harmful behavior ..
.. yep, think I was a coward. Why get involved? It's none of my business. Why intercede in world hunger, a rape, the battering of a child? After all, my tummy is full, nobody is trying to rape me and my child is safe. It's none of my business, right ??..
You a coward? I doubt it.

What didn't you like that I did? I have no regrets at this point.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491830 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
All quilts are warm.
All brooms have handles.
I recently visited the Granville Island Broom Company, in Vancouver, B.C. There, several generations of a family make all sorts of brooms, right before your eyes, using 19th and early 20th Century hand-operated machines. Granville Island is accessible by little boats and is a wonderful place, with a huge market, seafood stores, other retail establishments, docks for private boats, and several fine restaurants. I highly recommend it to anybody visiting the city.

The Granville Island Broom Company even makes brooms without handles.

So there, Tide.

Don't forget, secret "group" meeting tonight, you have KP duty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Pegasus 286,032
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 92,635
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 979,423
Adventure Jeeps in Clarkesville went out of bus... (May '13) 2 hr littlemama101 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr LAWEST100 667,843
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 3 hr Just Think 48
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr ROG 19,320
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr bad bob 183,621
More from around the web