Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

But rejoice your names are written in heaven.Luke 10:20

He that overcometh I will not blot his name out of the book of life.Revelation 3:5

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I'll do. I'll stand here and continue to watch you moan and groan like a child. You've been belly aching about this for what a week now?
Your behaviour and actions in here have been just as bad and reprehensible as any ones. Can't you see that, because most everyone else can?
Give it a rest and move on cry baby. If you don't like the way you're being treated in here than by all means take it down the road to another thread. Nobody is holding you down and making you stay in here where you feel you are being SO ABUSED!!!
Get over it and get over your self. Your moaning and groaning like a child and crying out for people to come to your aid isn't working in here slick and it never will. Your childish playground routine of crying out "I'm such an abused victim, someone help me" doesn't work in the adult world little boy.
Take the hint!!!
good talk writer. He talking about behavior and his is one of the worse on the billboard and when he get back the same treatment he crying and squealing like a spoil rotten brat.

That's freethinking doctrine for you, Hypocrisy.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
200 years ago no one cared about homosexuality.
Really? Summerian Laws passed between 1450-1250 BCE were anti-homosexual laws. In the Middle East throughout Arabia and Canaan it was illegal. It was the Romans and the Greeks and predominantly peddled this debauchery or local occult practicioners who practices same sex in pagan temples.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Most people thought it was time wasting and perhaps sinful, but weren't overly worried about it.
They weren't overly worried about it because they knew the gays would best keep their displays and opinions about it, private.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Few countries bothered with laws about same sex sexual behavior.
You mean few European countries. The Celts, Gauls, Thracians, Saxons, Bergundians, Francs, Heruli, Alumeni, Suevi and to some extent the Huns, Ostrogoths and Visigoths were dominated by the Romans, and some of these tribes were wiped off the map. Greco-Roman culture including trade, military strategy, weaponry, commerce, societal practice and arcitecture took over and had great influence on Europe long after teh Ottoman Empire became dominant.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
140 years ago German sexologists thought that people who had too much sex were pathologically ill and required treatment.

They were probably right. Too much of one thing isn't good for anyone, like too much carrots may make your skin actually turn orange.
:)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
If you had too much sex with the same sex, you were a homosexual.
This is wrong. Sexual intercourse with the same sex whether it be many times or on teh odd occasion is still homosexual.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
If you had too much sex with the opposite sex, you were a heterosexual. Both were in need of medical intervention.
If a man only has sex just a few times but only with the opposite sex, he's still heterosexual. Stop trying to over intellectualize the conversation because you're stretching it to teh point of it becoming a mess.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
90-100 years ago the terminology shifted - mainly thanks to Freud. In that time, medical researchers have followed any number of mistaken paths to understand homosexuality - and have basically decided, within the last 40 years, that it's just part of life, part of nature.
Who are they? How are these people the authors of morality or the presiders over natural or abominable display?
Hidingfromyou wrote:
The point is that going to history isn't going to help you.

Sorry, history is probably more my strong suit than yours as proven already. Nice try though.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You're referring to a very specific period in history, with a specific cultural way of understanding sexuality that is not mirrored in other cultures and times.
Yes, but I can also refer to several other historical periods. Your attempts to justify homosexuality as moral has failed thus far but I applaud the attempt nonetheless.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Culture and history are dynamic. Societal constructions of sex, gender and sexuality, and the morality involved, will continue to change through time.
Human beings are the authors of their own demise. More than any other natural or unnatural thing, we are still the biggest threats to ourselves and our existence. You already know that. I often wonder why many of you seem surprised that nature is pushing back against us so violently.

Shalom.

CS.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe this is still going Teddy and not getting involved does not imply assent or moral cowardice.
A few people have tried to talk to both you and Skom. It seems neither one of you is going to back off and at this point this seems to have escalated into a word war over nothing more than a simple misunderstanding.
As for behaviour, the two of you are well matched.
I LUVE you both but seriously guys/gals... snap out of it... give peace a chance :D<
<3
Pride and Arrogance. Ugly AIN'T it :)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.Acts 16:31
"Sh!t in one hand and wish in the other and thou wilt be wise to wash both." - Proverb

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
he [IANS] said someone paraphrased him all wrong like I do when the person said Ians believes all or most Christians are indoctrinated.
Show us your claim clearly, explicitly, and with supporting links, and I'll tell you how you're wrong. I'll help you identify which words you have paraphrased incorrectly, misunderstood and remembered incorrectly.

In the meantime, all we have here is your vague claim that I did something unethical and worthy of the word "liar."

I will embarrass you every time you do this. I don't mean that you are capable of feeling embarrassment or experiencing shame. I mean that you will be shamed in the eyes of others. Your peers will learn who and what you actually are, and how shallow your walk with your god really is.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where the church comes in so handy - as the source of that stigma and hatred. They choose to administer their religion by scapegoating gays, and the message is heard loudly and clearly by the entire culture as Hiding has delineated.
The Christian church appears to be the only significant source of homophobia in the West. It's not originating with the news media, nor Hollywood, nor the government, nor the schools. It's the church. The church has defined that value for America, which makes people's lives more difficult and dangerous. It does so selfishly in order to promote itself, and as far as I can see, offers nothing of value in return to offset the huge societal burden it imposes.
That's the definition of a societal parasite.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a person that is quite open to his disdain to Chrisians as he has slandered a group of people. Its not hard for a person to say this would be "hate speech" when the word parasite is used on a group of people. How many times have your murdered folks in your heart? Its sad that you claim to stand up for a group of people, here the homosexual communnity and out of the same heart show pure hate to another. While I am thankful my wife left that life I never once have or would look at a gay man or woman the way you speak of people of faith.
.. it seems you're doing a SKOM, taking AIN's post out of context ..

.. AIN is not slandering a group of people. Rather, he is taking exception to a church that promotes homosexual prejudice ..

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Epi;
He needs one of my black bears from the mountains.lol
Such fun he could have with one of thoses.lol
Your religion has failed you. You're no better than this :

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." - Kings 2:23-24

But why should you be better than that?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
But rejoice your names are written in heaven.Luke 10:20
He that overcometh I will not blot his name out of the book of life.Revelation 3:5
What does sky writing and pearl necklaces have to do with anything ?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where the church comes in so handy - as the source of that stigma and hatred. They choose to administer their religion by scapegoating gays, and the message is heard loudly and clearly by the entire culture as Hiding has delineated.
The Christian church appears to be the only significant source of homophobia in the West. It's not originating with the news media, nor Hollywood, nor the government, nor the schools. It's the church. The church has defined that value for America, which makes people's lives more difficult and dangerous. It does so selfishly in order to promote itself, and as far as I can see, offers nothing of value in return to offset the huge societal burden it imposes.
That's the definition of a societal parasite.
<quoted text>
.. it seems you're doing a SKOM, taking AIN's post out of context ..
.. AIN is not slandering a group of people. Rather, he is taking exception to a church that promotes homosexual prejudice ..
No. If this was his only post concerning the church you may have a point. I doubt we would even agree what the chuch is. I see it as a people, living stones that are in the earth. In other words people that confess Christ. He spends his days promoting his hate towards such people and yes he slanders as well. Call a spade a spade.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. perhaps it does ..
.. being somewhat of a chicken sh*t, I failed to call AIN on several things, decided to stay out of it when a simple, "That's hitting below the belt," would have sufficed. And, I've pretty much given up on SKOM, he doesn't want to acknowledge his harmful behavior ..
.. yep, think I was a coward. Why get involved? It's none of my business. Why intercede in world hunger, a rape, the battering of a child? After all, my tummy is full, nobody is trying to rape me and my child is safe. It's none of my business, right ??..
You can lead a pony to water but you can't make it drink... you could shove the pony's head in the water but will that accomplish anything?

I'm sorry you feel like a coward... I don't think you are, at some point one has to shake the dust of and keep going...

Your sarcasm is duly noted...

I choose to stay out of it,,, no good has come out of speaking to either one of them... I've moved on and I'm ok with that.

Peace, love and heaven above to ALL <3

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

*off

oops

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Great.

Thank you.
Then you have no reason to object to any of it.
Yes I do. You cannot disrespect people's faith and then expect to be rewarded with kindness. You're using this "Turn the Other cheek" business to make your way advantageous and you're being presumptuous that Christians will turn the other cheek.

Fix it up Mr. IANS.
I know.

Thanks for the confirmation.
You have uncritically accepted and assimilated the downloaded meme, and now you mindlessly regurgitate it, just like tens or hundreds of millions of other Christians.
Projection.

You accuse the Christians of doing teh exact same foolishness you're doing. You get one do over.

Counter_Strike.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Most of Judaism and Christianity's assumptions about angels are based on sources outside of the Scriptures.
Says who, G_O_D?

I've noticed that you do that quite often, my friend. You gather information from others that have based their assumptions on, for the most part, preconceived notions, and then presented their "findings" as fact. And in many cases, these "findings" are dismissed as "nonsense" simply because they might resemble another belief system in some way that pre-dated Judaism and/or Christianity. But, that's the problem. We've no reason to dismiss any belief just because another culture, or religion, mentioned something similar prior to. Such mention doesn't, or even shouldn't, cause us to dismiss a belief, especially when in the end, it's us that rejects the possibility, and it's us that holds fast to the "findings" that seems to validate our beliefs. Some might say that the aforementioned doesn't discredit the latter, but rather serves to validate the claim. In saying that...

By what source do you base your belief in "God," or any god for that matter? And of the myriad of beliefs of "God," or gods, which do you consider factual, that you've chosen to accept as your own?
G_O_D wrote:
If you want to really get a dose of "angelic nonsense" investigate Christian or Judaic Kabbalah.
Torah pre-dates Kabbalah, so...
G_O_D wrote:
There is little in the Bible itself about angels.
Even if there was only one mention in the entire bible, that wouldn't dismiss the concept.
G_O_D wrote:
There are tons of babblings ...err.. doctrines from all Abrahanic religions available to choose from regarding anglels. From redifining words to total fabrications.
Perhaps. But, does that mean that spirit-beings don't exist? Does it mean that the Sun rotates around the Earth just because scientists still use the terms "sunrise" and "sunset"?

What say you, my friend?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Show us your claim clearly, explicitly, and with supporting links, and I'll tell you how you're wrong. I'll help you identify which words you have paraphrased incorrectly, misunderstood and remembered incorrectly.
In the meantime, all we have here is your vague claim that I did something unethical and worthy of the word "liar."
I will embarrass you every time you do this. I don't mean that you are capable of feeling embarrassment or experiencing shame. I mean that you will be shamed in the eyes of others. Your peers will learn who and what you actually are, and how shallow your walk with your god really is.
iyai!LOL.

You ever hear when you plotting revenge, dig two holes. You think you embarrassing Skombolis? maybe, but you sure enough [[embarrassing]] yourself.

Skombolis may need a restraining order against you. You gone off the rails, totally unhinged and morally naked writer. take a step back and give the billboard a rest for a while.

You totally exposed, redeem a hint of decency and self respect for yourself and cover up.

You know what drop dead funny writer. I bet you thought you was coming on this billboard to trap Christians with you freethinking arguments, but when you come on this billboard, you and your friends, stepped into a Trap.

R
O
F
L
M
B
O
!!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
*** Unless our purpose is to grow and develop that faith, I don't see much purpose for the mortal part of our life cycle – the evolutionists might as well have their "its all an accident" scenario. There would be no purpose in living as mortals if we were not here to grow and develop our faith.
There is purpose to life without faith. And life has meaning even if there are no gods or master plans.

Besides, the existence of a god wouldn't make your life any more significant. Nor would the absence of one make it any less significant.

The mortal part of our life cycle is very likely all of it. If life only has meaning proportionate with its influence on an afterlife, then you strip your entire life of meaning if there is no afterlife.

Serah, this is what I mean about Christianity obstructing authentic spiritual experience. The natural experience involves a direct appreciation of the here and now with or without gods. Meaning derives from our function in family and society, and also with a sense of connection to the earth and stars.

But not for you. Christianity removes most or all of that.

Your attention is diverted to another place, one outside of the universe, one that may not exist. And you dwell on the time after your death, which you will likely never see either. How is that spirituality? Because you talk to supernatural spirits and feel affected by them? That's magical thinking, and is characteristic of children and primitive cultures. And Christianity. But not of maturity and authentic existence.

Humanists question not only the Christian view on morality, but also its view of maturity and of spirituality.

And metaphysics.

And epistemology.

For you, from the pen of the poet:

Now Ophelia, she’s ’neath the window
For her I feel so afraid
On her twenty-second birthday
She already is an old maid

To her, death is quite romantic
She wears an iron vest
Her profession’s her religion
Her sin is her lifelessness

And though her eyes are fixed upon
Noah’s great rainbow
She spends her time peeking
Into Desolation Row

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No. If this was his only post concerning the church you may have a point. I doubt we would even agree what the chuch is. I see it as a people, living stones that are in the earth. In other words people that confess Christ. He spends his days promoting his hate towards such people and yes he slanders as well. Call a spade a spade.
.. perhaps I'm missing something? Please point out exactly where AIN slanders a group of people ..

.. to me, his intent is clear - any institution that promotes prejudice is a societal parasite ..

.. would a white supremacist endorse equality for blacks? If you listen to Aryan Nations long enough, you'll start to believe blacks are intellectually inferior. The identical mindset applies to any church that preaches discrimination against homosexuals based on biblical cherry picking ..

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>iyai!LOL.

You ever hear when you plotting revenge, dig two holes. You think you embarrassing Skombolis? maybe, but you sure enough [[embarrassing]] yourself.

Skombolis may need a restraining order against you. You gone off the rails, totally unhinged and morally naked writer. take a step back and give the billboard a rest for a while.

You totally exposed, redeem a hint of decency and self respect for yourself and cover up.

You know what drop dead funny writer. I bet you thought you was coming on this billboard to trap Christians with you freethinking arguments, but when you come on this billboard, you and your friends, stepped into a Trap.

R
O
F
L
M
B
O
!!
I agree, they're both making spectacles of themselves... What happened to love and forgiveness...

I'm not laughing, it's all symptoms of a failed humanity...

Sad is what it is, maybe it's better to just try loving and praying for them...

<3

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
'been a long time, Waaaassssuuup. I hope you and your family are doing well.
I've been good, bad, miserable, joyous, and everything in between.
And yourself?
we've all been doing well and i've been about the same as you (very cold right now where i come from). thanks for your kind words! how's "hello kitty"; finding much use lately?;)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There is purpose to life without faith. And life has meaning even if there are no gods or master plans.
Besides, the existence of a god wouldn't make your life any more significant. Nor would the absence of one make it any less significant.
The mortal part of our life cycle is very likely all of it. If life only has meaning proportionate with its influence on an afterlife, then you strip your entire life of meaning if there is no afterlife.
Serah, this is what I mean about Christianity obstructing authentic spiritual experience. The natural experience involves a direct appreciation of the here and now with or without gods. Meaning derives from our function in family and society, and also with a sense of connection to the earth and stars.
But not for you. Christianity removes most or all of that.
Your attention is diverted to another place, one outside of the universe, one that may not exist. And you dwell on the time after your death, which you will likely never see either. How is that spirituality? Because you talk to supernatural spirits and feel affected by them? That's magical thinking, and is characteristic of children and primitive cultures. And Christianity. But not of maturity and authentic existence.
Humanists question not only the Christian view on morality, but also its view of maturity and of spirituality.
And metaphysics.
And epistemology.
For you, from the pen of the poet:
Now Ophelia, she’s ’neath the window
For her I feel so afraid
On her twenty-second birthday
She already is an old maid
To her, death is quite romantic
She wears an iron vest
Her profession’s her religion
Her sin is her lifelessness
And though her eyes are fixed upon
Noah’s great rainbow
She spends her time peeking
Into Desolation Row
Incidentally, Serah, I think that your connectivity and empathy with animals is an authentic spiritual experience. And it is in the here and now, involving you and your pug. Your words suggested that you hadn't noticed the meaning and purpose in that. I know that you do - it's your nature.

But what you are taught to repeat contradicts it. Your words - what Dim would call your Christian indoctrination - discount that. The ideas they gave you undermine that. Here and now don't matter. You're a spirit wrapped in failed flesh, and your dog is even less: a soulless meat bag

You're taught that none of that has meaning - only the god stuff does, and life without a god belief is meaningless.

So, we see two different aspects of you - the indoctrinated one and the part of the original and innate one. It's hard to believe that anybody would opt for so bleak a world view, especially when the evidence that it is unjustified is everywhere, including your in your dog.

It's not you that I am complaining about. Nor your spirit that I'm criticizing. It's that damned religion, and how it actually affects people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 473,081 - 473,100 of598,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

555 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min KENTUCKY 716,546
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 530,020
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Hidingfromyou 223,195
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 12 min susanblange 36,401
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min petesake 114,625
need sex now 13 min thomas2233 11
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min Hidingfromyou 93,225
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 255,699
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••