Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#491698 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There went your chance.
When you decide to get honest let me know.
C'mon now, G_O_D. We've always been respectful and civil with one another. Let's not change that now.

What, in my post, was so insufficient that you chose to reject and disregard the whole thing? Were not my questions valid? Do not my questions deserve an answer? Let's try this again, shall we?

Does this particular vision (of the war in heaven) have to appear in the texts of the old covenant in order to authenticate the vision? And are you correctly interpreting the vision to fall in the applicable generation? And will you continue to make the same mistake that so many others make by separating what's written into fragments, such as "Old" and "New"?

Again, does such mention (of the 1/3) have to appear in the texts of the old covenant in order to be considered authentic?

Basing my response on what's written, alone, I don't know exactly where you came to such a conclusion, or question. Nothing in the bible even suggests that spirit-beings weren't created. According to what's written, even the son of "God" was created, so...

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, either. I mean, I guess the mention that the spirit-beings of the rebellion were imprisoned can be interpreted that way, but that's not the understanding I came to. As I believe, they're being "imprisoned" just means that they were no longer capable of materializing as terrestrial beings. Such "imprisonment," in my opinion, would explain why they began "possessing" terrestrial beings.

You're telling me that? I though you knew, already, that I never depend on our English translations. As I thought I've explained before, I believe that much of our English translations are based, a lot, on the beliefs that were considered dear to the translator during the time of the translation. If that were not the case, the term "Easter" would have never appeared at Acts 12:4.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#491699 Feb 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you don't ask questions to get answers. Is this what you're saying?
Trying to create division are we?
<quoted text>
Yes, based on Mr. Clearwater's confessions, his wife before she was his wife was pervy. Do you have difficulty with this?
<quoted text>
To Mr. Clearwater as well. I never used the word 'cure', not did I used exorcised or rescued....
...for the record.
CS is Counter_Strike.
I understand you position. My problem with it, and with you, is that I find it so horrid, so inhumane, so offensive to read your expression of bigotry against homosexuals, which even extends to calling them "perverts," which is equivalent to corrupt and immoral.

And all in the name of religion.

You do horrify me.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#491700 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like killing people because they don't believe in your religion ?
Right.

Hello GOD, how are you doing today? Thanks for the awesome weather, I have a wish-list here, I will send it to you, now listen, everything on the list is not as important as some, but knowing everything, you will know which ones to answer.

*bites nails*

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#491701 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like killing people because they don't believe in your religion ?
Yes.

Whether or not you choose to acknowledge the fact that Christianity has evolved and become better than it used to be is not of my concern.

That is your choice to make.
Henry

Limbach-oberfrohna, Germany

#491702 Feb 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.Titus 1:9
The Bible is not made by god, which is non existing, but by mighty and rich men! It is full of fakes, lies and errors!
Henry

#491703 Feb 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!!
Jeremiah 8:8 "'How can you say, "We are wise, for WE have the LAW of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?
Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Isaiah 44:20 He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, "Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?"
1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
The men Jesus may have lived perhaps for approximately 2000 years ago. All religions are myths nothing else. A god has never existed ever!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491704 Feb 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us your claim clearly, explicitly, and with supporting links, and I'll tell you how you're wrong. I'll help you identify which words you have paraphrased incorrectly, misunderstood and remembered incorrectly.
In the meantime, all we have here is your vague claim that I did something unethical and worthy of the word "liar."
I will embarrass you every time you do this. I don't mean that you are capable of feeling embarrassment or experiencing shame. I mean that you will be shamed in the eyes of others. Your peers will learn who and what you actually are, and how shallow your walk with your god really is.
I actually have the back post. I simply refuse to post it until we get past your latest lie.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Why didn't you answer Hiding when he asked you straight out if you feel Christians have been indoctrinated?

Tell ya what, you answer if you think all or most Christians have been indoctrinated, what you think indoctrination means, and when you think it starts taking place and I will be more than happy to provide the back post.

Because I would love to know how...

"you have been trained to think that way"

"a characteristically Christian way of thinking"

"And you project your own Christian psychology"

"I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."

...isn't indoctrination

So again, do you feel all or most Christians have been indoctrinated, when does indoctrination start taking place, and what does indoctrination mean according to you?

You answer these questions and you have my word I will provide you the back post. But like i said, one lie at a time

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#491705 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when you have to come running to IANS defense.
.. not really. Just referencing your habit of taking things out of context, seeing something that aren't there, a defensive posture ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you are doing a Happy Lesbo
.. doing a HL? What's that ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the person who wrote this post feel Christians are indoctrinated?
IANS said
"It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking. You see the world principally as a decadent and dangerous place that is getting worse, even as it gets better. And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling.
I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."
I think how people answer this question is very telling on what else you will defend IANS on
.. there's really little difference between enculturation and indoctrination, the result is the same ..

ENCULTURATION: The adoption and maintenance of behaviors, norms, values and customs from a person's culture of origin ..

.. if a child is encultured in Christianity, he/she is exposed to the messages of an authority figure. The enculturation process defines the beliefs of the group and secures future members ..

.. as evidenced on this thread, enculturation prompts individuals to choose the 'us'-vs-'them' mentality, the Christian way of doing things -vs- the secular humanist way of doing things ..

.. since I see the two terms quite similar, I'm inclined to think AINS sees Christianity as both an enculturation and indoctrination process but only he can answer your question since I could be wrong ..
Henry

#491706 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity; suffering witches to live since 1693 (in America).
Christianity in Africa is a different story. They're still obeying God's commands over there. Bastards.
What the hell uneducated people are misused!

Location hidden

#491707 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
"I would ask you re-read the post I quoted you from IANS and tell me in your opinion is that post indicative of someone who feels Christians are indoctrinated?"
I just read your post, which is indicative that you believe such a thing:
"I don't deny those who start in the faith from an early age are subject to at least some indoctrination."
I don't know if I have made this claim explicitly like you have or not, but I wouldn't argue with it. Nor have I ever contradicted it.
You also wrote, "That doesnt mean however when becoming adults they aren't capable of shaping their own beliefs and feelings that can be very different than what they were first taught."
It also doesn't mean that they are capable of doing that. A few toss it all out and break free.
If you remain a Christian, by definition, you cannot have shaken off all of your indoctrination. Just look at the word "indoctrination." It means doctrine coming in, as in doctrine being downloaded into your young and impressionable head. And millions of other heads, too.
Those of you that don't escape the religion seem to largely agree on many central theses of Christianity, such as the nihilism, pessism and misanthropy that characterizes Christian doctrine. That's the in-doctrine of indoctriantion, the most pessimistic aspects being embodied in its doctrine of man's ineluctable sin nature (i.e., its hamartiology), its doctrine of his need for rescue and his abject inability to help himself (soteriology), and its doctrine of apocalypse (eschatology).
Anyway, I still don't know what you claim I said before - what you think it meant - or what your problem with it is. You seem to be saying that all Christians are indoctrinated yourself.
Never mind! lOL, you did it for me. In this post....

Skom wrote:

"I don't deny those who start in the faith from an early age are subject to at least some indoctrination."

IANS replied

I don't know if I have made this claim explicitly like you have or not, but I wouldn't argue with it. Nor have I ever contradicted it.

You claim you have never contradicted it????

Juicylu wrote:
Btw, all the ridiculous assumptions that all or most Christians are 'indoctrinated from childhood' are wrong.

IANS responded

And who made that "ridiculous assumption"? That would be you. You seem to suffer from Skomboli Disease.

You are a liar dude. Which is why you kept trying to spin the other post also

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#491708 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The church" is what IANS is slandering. That is a group of people. He just likes to write "the church" instead of "Christians" because he thinks no one will notice his hatred of Christians.
One cannot say what "the church" does by calling it "they" & "their", that implies people, not buildings....
..'the church,' not the congregation, defines dogma, beliefs ..

.. doesn't that create a subtle difference in your mind ??..

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491709 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you post the verses instead of some preacher's fabrications ?
I am frustrated by people who claim the Bible says something then back it up with everything except the Bible.
<face palm>
Do you need glasses? Those are BIBLE VERSES my old hateful friend. I am frustrated with with people like you who does nothing on this forum but disrespect everything somebody else has to post. You begin posting this morning and your first post is to tell BT thst he is confused..Then you ROFLYAO at RA and called him a hypocrite, call GWB a fool, you tell Dr Reality to get a life then you boastfully try to tell Christians what the Bible looks like to THEM..like you would even know...But you go on to say that Christians dont know what Jesus was talking about when He talks about Gehenna...I went to Israel, and I seen that valley called Gehenna but as if thats not enough, YOU ridicule and dis-respect Lil Whispers BIBLE VERSES that she wanted to post, not ONCE but THREE times, Now you want to disagree with BLL about angels BUT then you ONCE again ROFLYAO again while dis-respecting LW again for a BIBLE VERSE, THEN you tell BLL that YOU try ti follow the teachings of Jesus, Buddah and Lao TZU, right before you call BLL a LIAR?????????? Oh yeah, you do agree with IANS a few times...YOU are CONFUSED MY Friend. Have a nice day being YOU

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#491710 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Please send me a separate invitation.
Seriously - you're asking a board certified physician and a raving lunatic wannabe that doesn't understand English to each share their impressions on the same article about a provision in Obamacare? LOL.
But before you do, let me alert you in advance to the fact that I don't get into American politics post-2009 very much. I was a political junkie once, and relatively informed on the issues affecting my life.
But I have expatriated to paradise since, and don't really pay attention any more like I did. I did hear that you had an oil spill, a bad hurricane, and some inclement weather, so, I'm not totally out of the loop.
Maybe I can satisfy your curiosity with this: even though I have my reservations about Obama, I trust his denouncers much, much less. Most of this stuff is conservative agenda driven disinformation. I don't mean conservative opinion. I mean it in the most unethical sense - deliberate lies.
And whether Obama and Biden want them for real or not, I would tend to be wary of any kind of RF implant, as in no friggin' way. I don't even trust electronic health records security or prrivacy.
Teddy Bear, I couldn't agree more. You are right on the money about Obama...
I do also apologize for not posting you separately, as it won't happen again.:)

If you do hear anything about the RF implant, please pass it along to me, if you have the time...

Thank you for taking the time to read the link...:) SL
Henry

#491711 Feb 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.Titus 1:9
Nobody has anything to do with a Jesus, which long ago died.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#491712 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. One of the things that her post reminded me of was we do have fakers everywhere. Really anyone can say anything but the Lord God knows who is real. No doubt in my mind when the lady that would become my wife cried out to the Lord for help He saved her from not only drugs, not only a bad lifestyle but gave her LIFE! Ptl for His love and mercy on sinners like me.
You're doing an admirable job Mr. Clearwater. I am sure you both find it enjoyable and fulfilling being with each other. I'm happy for you both.
The Creator rewards His people and their faithful service and sacrifice.

Shalom Mr. Clearwater.

Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#491713 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. not really. Just referencing your habit of taking things out of context, seeing something that aren't there, a defensive posture ..
<quoted text>.
Oh they are there all right. I know you said IANS protects you and I swear I can't get over this dependence some of you guys have on him or this need for a leader but they are definitely there and your need to keep IANS on his pedestal prevents you from seeing it imo
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. doing a HL? What's that ??..
I just told you. Where you have to come running to IANs defense. I mean post after post, room after room, you and a few others respond to every post to him like it is addressed to you. Defending someone once in a while is one thing. You do it all the time.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there's really little difference between enculturation and indoctrination, the result is the same ..
ENCULTURATION: The adoption and maintenance of behaviors, norms, values and customs from a person's culture of origin ..
.. if a child is encultured in Christianity, he/she is exposed to the messages of an authority figure. The enculturation process defines the beliefs of the group and secures future members ..
.. as evidenced on this thread, enculturation prompts individuals to choose the 'us'-vs-'them' mentality, the Christian way of doing things -vs- the secular humanist way of doing things ..
.. since I see the two terms quite similar, I'm inclined to think AINS sees Christianity as both an enculturation and indoctrination process but only he can answer your question since I could be wrong ..
Nobody said enculturation

And yes there is actually a significant difference as one happens naturally and another is deliberately taught

But synonyms aren't going to get him out of another one. His last post made it clear he would never object to the idea Christians have been indoctrinated since childhood...EXCEPT..that is exactly what he did with Juicy as he does with so many people when the double-board certified doctor's pride can't concede a point being made against him so he lies.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#491714 Feb 21, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not made by god, which is non existing, but by mighty and rich men! It is full of fakes, lies and errors!
Most believe the Bible was inspired by God.

John 8:32
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Ezekiel 13:9
I will raise my fist against all the prophets who see false visions and make lying predictions, and they will be banished from the community of Israel. I will blot their names from Israel's record books, and they will never again set foot in their own land. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD.

*Ask God for 'Wisdom... Don't trust the lips of a fool...

Proverbs 4:5
Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget or turn aside from the words of my mouth!
:) SL

Location hidden

#491715 Feb 21, 2013
Everybody knows most Christians started in the faith from childhood

Anyone who believes indoctrination takes place believes it starts from childhood as not only that is when one first enters the faith but also when they are more suggestible

Nobody with a shred of honesty could claim the following isn't indicative of someone who believes Christians are indoctrinated

IANS said

"It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking."

"And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling."

"I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."

Yet he now claims it is a "ridiculous assumption" to think that is how he feels

IANS responded

And who made that "ridiculous assumption"? That would be you. You seem to suffer from Skomboli Disease.

Buckle up your seat-belts and cover your face cause the crap is going to start flying

Mind you this is a man who says that saying Christians don't need to apologize of make amends to those they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness isn't a negative implication towards Christians and a man who regularly substitutes "Christians" with "church" to dishonestly disguise his bigotry while claiming he is targeting nobody so take it for what it is

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#491716 Feb 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need glasses? Those are BIBLE VERSES my old hateful friend. I am frustrated with with people like you who does nothing on this forum but disrespect everything somebody else has to post. You begin posting this morning and your first post is to tell BT thst he is confused..Then you ROFLYAO at RA and called him a hypocrite, call GWB a fool, you tell Dr Reality to get a life then you boastfully try to tell Christians what the Bible looks like to THEM..like you would even know...But you go on to say that Christians dont know what Jesus was talking about when He talks about Gehenna...I went to Israel, and I seen that valley called Gehenna but as if thats not enough, YOU ridicule and dis-respect Lil Whispers BIBLE VERSES that she wanted to post, not ONCE but THREE times, Now you want to disagree with BLL about angels BUT then you ONCE again ROFLYAO again while dis-respecting LW again for a BIBLE VERSE, THEN you tell BLL that YOU try ti follow the teachings of Jesus, Buddah and Lao TZU, right before you call BLL a LIAR?????????? Oh yeah, you do agree with IANS a few times...YOU are CONFUSED MY Friend. Have a nice day being YOU
Your 'eyes' are open my friend, and your 'wisdom' speaks volumes...:)

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#491717 Feb 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Sure CS. I can understand points of opinion are different for many reasons. I doubt that it will "destroy" our position regarding each other, so long as we don't infringe each others rights.
Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 70,457
snapchat name 28 min Nikki69xo 9
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Brian_G 282,930
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 48 min AnnBonney 53,934
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 58 min gundee123 4,953
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr cuckoldpaul 445,527
Who won the debate 2016 ? 1 hr The Way I See it 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Brian_G 974,677
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 2 hr Hilary 93
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr guest 658,507
More from around the web