Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491644 Feb 21, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>S....
By what source do you base your belief in "God," or any god for that matter? And of the myriad of beliefs of "God," or gods, which do you consider factual, that you've chosen to accept as your own?...
I base my belief in "God" by empirical observation of the creative and guiding forces around us and within us.

I base my beliefs in Jesus on several writings, the various forms of Judaism, Christinaity, Islam and Samaritanism.

I base my decision to try to follow the way of life that Jesus taught on early Chrisitan texts, the teachings of Buddha and the teachings of Lao Tzu. All of which have a great deal in common, make a lot of sense and actualy produce beneficial and documentable results in my life and those of others who do the same.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491646 Feb 21, 2013
There once was a man from Perth
who was born on the day of his birth.
He was married, they say,
on his wife's wedding day
and he died when he quited the Earth.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#491647 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have a person that is quite open to his disdain to Chrisians as he has slandered a group of people. Its not hard for a person to say this would be "hate speech" when the word parasite is used on a group of people. How many times have your murdered folks in your heart? Its sad that you claim to stand up for a group of people, here the homosexual communnity and out of the same heart show pure hate to another. While I am thankful my wife left that life I never once have or would look at a gay man or woman the way you speak of people of faith.
Would you not lambaste the Ku Klux Klan for its views on black people?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#491648 Feb 21, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Start study about angels as created faliming fire-in original copies of hebrews books,
and start at leas to read independently of stolen web pages,Only Bible
Great Post...:)

Fremont, CA

#491649 Feb 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Human beings are the authors of their own demise. More than any other natural or unnatural thing, we are still the biggest threats to ourselves and our existence. You already know that. I often wonder why many of you seem surprised that nature is pushing back against us so violently.
Shalom.
CS.
You make a very good case here for action on global climate change.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491651 Feb 21, 2013
But in vain they do worship Me teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.Matthew 15:9

Location hidden

#491652 Feb 21, 2013
And the prophets shall become wind and the word is not in them.Jeremiah 5:13

Fremont, CA

#491653 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No. If this was his only post concerning the church you may have a point. I doubt we would even agree what the chuch is. I see it as a people, living stones that are in the earth. In other words people that confess Christ. He spends his days promoting his hate towards such people and yes he slanders as well. Call a spade a spade.
The KKK is made up of people too.

For all I know, they are kind to their friends and family.

There's irony in your last sentence, by the way.

Location hidden

#491655 Feb 21, 2013
Now the spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. 1 Timothy 4:1

Fremont, CA

#491656 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. would a white supremacist endorse equality for blacks? If you listen to Aryan Nations long enough, you'll start to believe blacks are intellectually inferior. The identical mindset applies to any church that preaches discrimination against homosexuals based on biblical cherry picking ..
Great minds think alike...

Location hidden

#491657 Feb 21, 2013
That we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro carried about with every wind of doctrine.
Ephesians 4:14

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#491658 Feb 21, 2013
Liar Atheist Richard Dawkins Lost a Debate to a Rabbi and then Claimed Debate Never Took Place

http://evolutionfairytale.com/forum/index.php...

http://www.co nservap...eism_and_Debate

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#491659 Feb 21, 2013
Atheist Richard Dawkins cont... Hope this sight works...

http://evolutionfairytale.com/forum/index.php...

Location hidden

#491661 Feb 21, 2013
Till I come give attendance to reading to exhortation to doctrine take heed unto thyself and unto the doctine.1 Timothy 4:13-16

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491662 Feb 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
The Higgs Boson big discovery last yr rendered that theory dead.
Hardly.

But how about that Higgs boson? How about a standing ovation for the scientist at CERN who found it exactly where it was prophesied, and for scientific prophecy in general!

And the prophecy was not in terms of vague riddles, either - like with Psalms, Isaiah, Nostradamus, Chinese fortune cookies, horoscopes and the Magic 8-Ball.

No. It included specific energies. Also, the spins, the parities, the interaction strengths, and the other specific properties of the particles.

The prophets of science told us EXACTLY where to look and EXACTLY what we would find there, an object that never had seen before, but which our best minds deduced must exist. The physicists said, "Adjust your devices to this very high energy, and if we're right about reality, you'll find Higgs."

And lo and behold, it was there.

There is absolutely nothing in your bible even remotely resembling that.

Location hidden

#491665 Feb 21, 2013
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears and they shall turn away their ears for the truth and shall be turned unto fables.2 Timothy 4:3&4

Location hidden

#491666 Feb 21, 2013
To the law and to the testimony if they speak not according to this word it is because there is no light in them.Isaiah 8:20

Location hidden

#491667 Feb 21, 2013
All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine. 2 Timothy 3:16

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491668 Feb 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Certain things are objective, hot, cold, a touchdown, a goal scored, some science, a car accident, etc, etc. Objective is related to the physical/visual.
Yikes! Hot and cold are objective? Not even touchdowns are, as instant replay has revealed.

Objective is related to the visual? Exactly wrong. Objective is what is true even when we are not looking, or which is true from any and all perspectives when we are.
trifecta1 wrote:
Almost everything else is perception.
Now that we've gotten temperature perception and the sense of sight out of the way, what remains is perception? Is that your thesis?
trifecta1 wrote:
because I think most people in all religions, experience a god spiritually.
You all disagree about your gods, meaning that you are experiencing your own minds. That's the ultimate subjective experience. And the projection of these psychogenic intuitions onto the world is its pseudo-objectification.
trifecta1 wrote:
Then you now come to Spiritual Warfare.
Oxymoron.
trifecta1 wrote:
Because is not the same spirit dominating the Sunni/Shiite Muslim that is Dominating the Jesus Follower. No lady. There is no peace, only War.
What a beautiful and wholesome philosophy you've imbibed!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491669 Feb 21, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks
This half head blasphemeous stupid Poster G_0_D
claim insanities and nonsense without of any education take informations from out of date old web internet pages,
and contradict his own LIES
I wonder those :christians" discussing with him without of end
THEY BLASPHEMY GOD AND HIS CREATION
angels as flaiming Fire are creative forces serving Gods Purpose Hebr 1;7
Bible clearly tell us,what and who was FIRST BEGOTTEN CREATION- SON OF GOD WISDOM-WORD JOHN 1;1-4
after Him ,long chain creative forces flows still today from the God Almighty Breath
I DON'T HAVE ANY % RESPECT TO THIS BLASPHEMOUS PSYCHOPATH SEATING HERE AND INSULTING ALL OLD LADIES AND MAN AGAINST THEIR BELIEFS.

I agree!!

Jeremiah 8:8 "'How can you say, "We are wise, for WE have the LAW of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

Professing to be wise, they became fools,

Isaiah 44:20 He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, "Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?"

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Joe Fortuna 970,178
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Thinking 38,962
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min New Age Spiritual... 642,117
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Ex Lesbian 104,784
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min X Pendable 182,313
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr ImFree2Choose 1,748
Poll Should Brother + Sister marriages be legalized ? (Dec '07) 1 hr mahmud 811
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web