Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491689 Feb 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Joshua 5
The Canaanites being dispirited on the passage of the children of Israel through Jordan, Joshua 5:1; Joshua is ordered to circumcise such of the people of Israel that were uncircumcised, Joshua 5:2; in order to their eating of the passover, which was now to be kept, Joshua 5:10; and they being now provided with corn sufficient, the manna ceased, Joshua 5:11; and there appeared to Joshua a DIVINE PERSON, "in a human form", to encourage and direct him what to do in the conquest of the land, and particularly Jericho
Why can't you post the verses instead of some preacher's fabrications ?

I am frustrated by people who claim the Bible says something then back it up with everything except the Bible.

<face palm>

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#491690 Feb 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, based on Mr. Clearwater's confessions, his wife before she was his wife was pervy. Do you have difficulty with this?
.. yes ..

1. Mr. CW did not indulge in lesbianism therefore there's nothing to confess.

2. CW cannot prove Mrs. CW indulged in same-sex relations prior to their marriage.

3. Since there is no evidence , the 'pervy' case must be dismissed with prejudice.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491691 Feb 21, 2013
Seeing ye have purified your soul in obeying the truth through the spirit.1 Peter 1:22

Buy the truth and sell it not Proverbs 23:23

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#491692 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. perhaps I'm missing something? Please point out exactly where AIN slanders a group of people ..
That's where the church comes in so handy - as the source of that stigma and hatred. They choose to administer their religion by scapegoating gays, and the message is heard loudly and clearly by the entire culture as Hiding has delineated.
The Christian church appears to be the only significant source of homophobia in the West. It's not originating with the news media, nor Hollywood, nor the government, nor the schools. It's the church. The church has defined that value for America, which makes people's lives more difficult and dangerous. It does so selfishly in order to promote itself, and as far as I can see, offers nothing of value in return to offset the huge societal burden it imposes.
.. would a white supremacist endorse equality for blacks? If you listen to Aryan Nations long enough, you'll start to believe blacks are intellectually inferior. The identical mindset applies to any church that preaches discrimination against homosexuals based on biblical cherry picking ..
"The church" is what IANS is slandering. That is a group of people. He just likes to write "the church" instead of "Christians" because he thinks no one will notice his hatred of Christians.

One cannot say what "the church" does by calling it "they" & "their", that implies people, not buildings....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491693 Feb 21, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Good Evening...DR.SHRINK & DR.TEDDY BEAR...
Can you watch the video, and tell me what you think of this?
RFID Chip for all Americans in 2013 as Part of ObamaCare¬Ö See Biden Telling Fed Judge He Will Have to Rule on Implanted Microchips
http://askmarion.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/rfi...
Thank you,SL
Please send me a separate invitation.

Seriously - you're asking a board certified physician and a raving lunatic wannabe that doesn't understand English to each share their impressions on the same article about a provision in Obamacare? LOL.

But before you do, let me alert you in advance to the fact that I don't get into American politics post-2009 very much. I was a political junkie once, and relatively informed on the issues affecting my life.

But I have expatriated to paradise since, and don't really pay attention any more like I did. I did hear that you had an oil spill, a bad hurricane, and some inclement weather, so, I'm not totally out of the loop.

Maybe I can satisfy your curiosity with this: even though I have my reservations about Obama, I trust his denouncers much, much less. Most of this stuff is conservative agenda driven disinformation. I don't mean conservative opinion. I mean it in the most unethical sense - deliberate lies.

And whether Obama and Biden want them for real or not, I would tend to be wary of any kind of RF implant, as in no friggin' way. I don't even trust electronic health records security or prrivacy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491694 Feb 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
THATS NOT WHAT JEREMIAH IS SAYING..THAT IS HOW "YOU" WANT TO TRANSLATE IT. Read the rest of it.
That is EXACTLY what he is saying.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#491695 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I base my belief in "God" by empirical observation of the creative and guiding forces around us and within us.
Although I understand, completely, what you mean, I'm not sure I can agree. Not entirely, at least. And my reason why is this.

I admit to agreeing with many that say that most "Christians" are as such only because their belief was provoked by their environment. It's the same in most, if not all, belief systems. But, had we been born and raised in an environment where no "God," or gods, existed as a concept, would you still believe the same? Or, do you admit that your very concept of "God," or any god, derives from testimonies and not personal witness?
G_O_D wrote:
I base my beliefs in Jesus on several writings, the various forms of Judaism, Christinaity, Islam and Samaritanism.
I base my decision to try to follow the way of life that Jesus taught on early Chrisitan texts, the teachings of Buddha and the teachings of Lao Tzu. All of which have a great deal in common, make a lot of sense and actualy produce beneficial and documentable results in my life and those of others who do the same.
So, pretty much, you see all these so-called "spiritual" documents as some type of "spiritual" buffet, allowing you to pick and choose what you prefer and what you don't. In that, then I'd have to think that you should feel absolutely no compulsion, at all, to consider any other beliefs as "nonsense," or anything negative and unprofitable what-so-ever for that matter, considering that you pick and choose what you deem as acceptable and profitable, and what not, for yourself.

I'm only saying what I'm saying because it seems, to me, that you're trying to encourage others to accept and adopt the path you've chosen for yourself as their own which, all in all, is in certain ways projecting your beliefs as the way, the truth, and the life. As I see it, you're telling people to abandon their beliefs and to, like you, pick and choose from the myriad of beliefs offered us.

I don't deny the existence of extra-terrestrial beings just because I've never witnessed one. Until the mid-1800's, the existence of the mountain gorilla had never been documented by man so, therefore, its existence was pretty much unknown to man. Do you understand where I'm coming from?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491696 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Things are called inhumane today that ten years ago were taken for granted; or still are.
Like killing people because they don't believe in your religion ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491697 Feb 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Please send me a separate invitation.
Seriously - you're asking a board certified physician ...
LOL

You are very impressed by that aren't you?

Yet you didn't know what Ritalin does in adults and you didn't care about your patients

"Please send me a separate invitation."

Haha..he can't even have his invitation in the same post as someone else

Go feed some pigeons, at least at this point in your life you can actually help another living creature. I am sure that is something you barely did as a doctor.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#491698 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There went your chance.
When you decide to get honest let me know.
C'mon now, G_O_D. We've always been respectful and civil with one another. Let's not change that now.

What, in my post, was so insufficient that you chose to reject and disregard the whole thing? Were not my questions valid? Do not my questions deserve an answer? Let's try this again, shall we?

Does this particular vision (of the war in heaven) have to appear in the texts of the old covenant in order to authenticate the vision? And are you correctly interpreting the vision to fall in the applicable generation? And will you continue to make the same mistake that so many others make by separating what's written into fragments, such as "Old" and "New"?

Again, does such mention (of the 1/3) have to appear in the texts of the old covenant in order to be considered authentic?

Basing my response on what's written, alone, I don't know exactly where you came to such a conclusion, or question. Nothing in the bible even suggests that spirit-beings weren't created. According to what's written, even the son of "God" was created, so...

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, either. I mean, I guess the mention that the spirit-beings of the rebellion were imprisoned can be interpreted that way, but that's not the understanding I came to. As I believe, they're being "imprisoned" just means that they were no longer capable of materializing as terrestrial beings. Such "imprisonment," in my opinion, would explain why they began "possessing" terrestrial beings.

You're telling me that? I though you knew, already, that I never depend on our English translations. As I thought I've explained before, I believe that much of our English translations are based, a lot, on the beliefs that were considered dear to the translator during the time of the translation. If that were not the case, the term "Easter" would have never appeared at Acts 12:4.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#491699 Feb 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you don't ask questions to get answers. Is this what you're saying?
Trying to create division are we?
<quoted text>
Yes, based on Mr. Clearwater's confessions, his wife before she was his wife was pervy. Do you have difficulty with this?
<quoted text>
To Mr. Clearwater as well. I never used the word 'cure', not did I used exorcised or rescued....
...for the record.
CS is Counter_Strike.
I understand you position. My problem with it, and with you, is that I find it so horrid, so inhumane, so offensive to read your expression of bigotry against homosexuals, which even extends to calling them "perverts," which is equivalent to corrupt and immoral.

And all in the name of religion.

You do horrify me.

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Hell

#491700 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.

Hello GOD, how are you doing today? Thanks for the awesome weather, I have a wish-list here, I will send it to you, now listen, everything on the list is not as important as some, but knowing everything, you will know which ones to answer.

*bites nails*

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#491701 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.

Whether or not you choose to acknowledge the fact that Christianity has evolved and become better than it used to be is not of my concern.

That is your choice to make.
Henry

Limbach-oberfrohna, Germany

#491702 Feb 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.Titus 1:9
The Bible is not made by god, which is non existing, but by mighty and rich men! It is full of fakes, lies and errors!
Henry

#491703 Feb 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!!
Jeremiah 8:8 "'How can you say, "We are wise, for WE have the LAW of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?
Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Isaiah 44:20 He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, "Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?"
1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
The men Jesus may have lived perhaps for approximately 2000 years ago. All religions are myths nothing else. A god has never existed ever!

Location hidden

#491704 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Show us your claim clearly, explicitly, and with supporting links, and I'll tell you how you're wrong. I'll help you identify which words you have paraphrased incorrectly, misunderstood and remembered incorrectly.
In the meantime, all we have here is your vague claim that I did something unethical and worthy of the word "liar."
I will embarrass you every time you do this. I don't mean that you are capable of feeling embarrassment or experiencing shame. I mean that you will be shamed in the eyes of others. Your peers will learn who and what you actually are, and how shallow your walk with your god really is.
I actually have the back post. I simply refuse to post it until we get past your latest lie.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Why didn't you answer Hiding when he asked you straight out if you feel Christians have been indoctrinated?

Tell ya what, you answer if you think all or most Christians have been indoctrinated, what you think indoctrination means, and when you think it starts taking place and I will be more than happy to provide the back post.

Because I would love to know how...

"you have been trained to think that way"

"a characteristically Christian way of thinking"

"And you project your own Christian psychology"

"I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."

...isn't indoctrination

So again, do you feel all or most Christians have been indoctrinated, when does indoctrination start taking place, and what does indoctrination mean according to you?

You answer these questions and you have my word I will provide you the back post. But like i said, one lie at a time

With Established Harem

#491705 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when you have to come running to IANS defense.
.. not really. Just referencing your habit of taking things out of context, seeing something that aren't there, a defensive posture ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you are doing a Happy Lesbo
.. doing a HL? What's that ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the person who wrote this post feel Christians are indoctrinated?
IANS said
"It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking. You see the world principally as a decadent and dangerous place that is getting worse, even as it gets better. And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling.
I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."
I think how people answer this question is very telling on what else you will defend IANS on
.. there's really little difference between enculturation and indoctrination, the result is the same ..

ENCULTURATION: The adoption and maintenance of behaviors, norms, values and customs from a person's culture of origin ..

.. if a child is encultured in Christianity, he/she is exposed to the messages of an authority figure. The enculturation process defines the beliefs of the group and secures future members ..

.. as evidenced on this thread, enculturation prompts individuals to choose the 'us'-vs-'them' mentality, the Christian way of doing things -vs- the secular humanist way of doing things ..

.. since I see the two terms quite similar, I'm inclined to think AINS sees Christianity as both an enculturation and indoctrination process but only he can answer your question since I could be wrong ..
Henry

#491706 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity; suffering witches to live since 1693 (in America).
Christianity in Africa is a different story. They're still obeying God's commands over there. Bastards.
What the hell uneducated people are misused!

Location hidden

#491707 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
"I would ask you re-read the post I quoted you from IANS and tell me in your opinion is that post indicative of someone who feels Christians are indoctrinated?"
I just read your post, which is indicative that you believe such a thing:
"I don't deny those who start in the faith from an early age are subject to at least some indoctrination."
I don't know if I have made this claim explicitly like you have or not, but I wouldn't argue with it. Nor have I ever contradicted it.
You also wrote, "That doesnt mean however when becoming adults they aren't capable of shaping their own beliefs and feelings that can be very different than what they were first taught."
It also doesn't mean that they are capable of doing that. A few toss it all out and break free.
If you remain a Christian, by definition, you cannot have shaken off all of your indoctrination. Just look at the word "indoctrination." It means doctrine coming in, as in doctrine being downloaded into your young and impressionable head. And millions of other heads, too.
Those of you that don't escape the religion seem to largely agree on many central theses of Christianity, such as the nihilism, pessism and misanthropy that characterizes Christian doctrine. That's the in-doctrine of indoctriantion, the most pessimistic aspects being embodied in its doctrine of man's ineluctable sin nature (i.e., its hamartiology), its doctrine of his need for rescue and his abject inability to help himself (soteriology), and its doctrine of apocalypse (eschatology).
Anyway, I still don't know what you claim I said before - what you think it meant - or what your problem with it is. You seem to be saying that all Christians are indoctrinated yourself.
Never mind! lOL, you did it for me. In this post....

Skom wrote:

"I don't deny those who start in the faith from an early age are subject to at least some indoctrination."

IANS replied

I don't know if I have made this claim explicitly like you have or not, but I wouldn't argue with it. Nor have I ever contradicted it.

You claim you have never contradicted it????

Juicylu wrote:
Btw, all the ridiculous assumptions that all or most Christians are 'indoctrinated from childhood' are wrong.

IANS responded

And who made that "ridiculous assumption"? That would be you. You seem to suffer from Skomboli Disease.

You are a liar dude. Which is why you kept trying to spin the other post also

With Established Harem

#491708 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The church" is what IANS is slandering. That is a group of people. He just likes to write "the church" instead of "Christians" because he thinks no one will notice his hatred of Christians.
One cannot say what "the church" does by calling it "they" & "their", that implies people, not buildings....
..'the church,' not the congregation, defines dogma, beliefs ..

.. doesn't that create a subtle difference in your mind ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay guys for skype?? (Jun '14) 1 hr justchill 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr candlesmell 703,833
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 hr TangledWebOfBonkers 88,515
Witches and Warlocks will burn in Hell ! (Oct '11) 5 hr armee 27
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,923
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Redeemed Jersey P... 996,561
Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University Hal... 7 hr Case File 1