|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You have said repeatedly you believe in creator gods? And why did you omit the posts where I ask you over and over again to explain why you lied and people made excuses for you?

Only after you were trapped in a corner and had to come up with something did you settle on saying you denied it because I said "evidence" not "proof"
Trapped in a corner? What trap? You can't understand what you read.

I doubt that you know what my objection is to even now, moron. I went around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around with you over the difference between evidence and proof, and asked you nicely and patiently to use the word "evidence" when paraphrasing me, not "proof."

But you steadfastly refused to do so in typical Dimwit fashion, so eventually I gave you the "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."

Being the subliterate moron that you are, you somehow took that as a denial of the possibility of creator gods, and began calling me a liar for three months before producing the words upon which that was based, which demonstrated that you misunderstood mt words.

Now you claim that I was trapped in a corner and had to come up with something. You seem to be implying that this is a trick to evade responsibility for denying the possibility of a creator god or gods, something I have never done.

In fact, Hiding will tell you that I convinced her of that possibility in a series of posts in the past. And here are several examples of me going on record admitting of the possibility of a creator god:

"I am agnostic to the idea that gods can or do exists. I have no way of ruling them out. Nor leprechauns. I simply don't believe"
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

"I am an agnostic atheist."
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TF67LDICTMV5...

"I do not claim to know whether gods can or do exist."
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TEDTVO26B...

"Who can say that no god of any description is possible unless the idea is logically impossible? I can't. However unlikely, the idea of a god isn't logically impossible, therefore it is possible by default. It seems to me that we must all admit to a mustard seed of agnosticism. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/basketball/TU...

And now you say that I contradicted myself because I said "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more" in response to your "You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

You are a moron, and without ethics.
Skombolis wrote:
You are such a liar dude!! You intentionally left out like half a dozen posts to make it seem like you simply answered and addressed the two different words! You lied, stuck to it, remained silent, and finally came up with that lame excuse!!
Once again, you just make vacant claims. If you have what you think is a relevant addition, post it exactly as I said it with an accompanying link and whatever your argument is, or go bugger off.

Will any Christian condemn Dim's behavior, or is this fine with all of you? Your silence can only be interpreted as assent or moral cowardice. I won't be asking this for much longer. The window of opportunity to take a stand will pass, and the books will be closed on this episode. How will it be presented? That only a few of you did what was right? Perhaps none. Whatever you all decide, I will report your choices accurately.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
This ole' Pirate don't play dat sh!t!
That's okay Pirate... Just curious on what posters may think...i still luv u...:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
The past, present, and future in theory would be the same to God.
Nobody can exert their will and change the past. If the future is the same as the past, then they are both determined, and free will doesn't exist.
Skombolis wrote:
God seeing what we chose to do out of our own free will is predestination
Destiny in this context means no choice:

Destiny -[1] the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future: she was unable to control her own destiny
[2] the hidden power believed to control future events; fate: he believed in destiny http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...
Skombolis wrote:
God seeing what we chose to do out of our own free will is predestination ... So it is only "predestined" in the same way the past is since it already took place
LOL. Is that what you mean by free will?

"When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the truly tragic thing about this is God is not withholding ANYTHING GOOD from us, including sharing His likeness & cosmos for eternity if we'll just trust Him and wait for our inheritance instead of demanding to be our own stubborn lil fallen gods right now
Why do you think that your god deserves to be trusted if he won't show himself? Why should I believe you, some priest, or some book that a god exists that is capable of demonstrating as much, but won't? Why should I believe any such claim form anybody other than the god?

You're too gullible. People are lying to you. The "wait for our inheritance" until after we are dead part is a tip off. Would you go to work for me on the promise that I will pay you when you leave the job?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
You don't need to be passive-aggressive with me. If you want to let me have it, please feel free. I'm sure that you believe that your god knows your mind already, and obviously, so do I. So shed your church lady persona for a moment, take off the girdle, let your hair down, and get it off your chest. I give you my permission and forgive you in advance.
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I'm sure Epi is sincere......She doesnt give in to the pettiness of topix. Always positive and upbeat..........
I agree. I don't doubt her sincerity. I felt that she was being unnecessarily reserved because she felt that she had to be, not disingenuous.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

"Who do you want me to be?"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Trapped in a corner? What trap? You can't understand what you read.
I doubt that you know what my objection is to even now, moron. I went around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around with you over the difference between evidence and proof, and asked you nicely and patiently to use the word "evidence" when paraphrasing me, not "proof."
But you steadfastly refused to do so in typical Dimwit fashion, so eventually I gave you the "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
Being the subliterate moron that you are, you somehow took that as a denial of the possibility of creator gods, and began calling me a liar for three months before producing the words upon which that was based, which demonstrated that you misunderstood mt words.
Now you claim that I was trapped in a corner and had to come up with something. You seem to be implying that this is a trick to evade responsibility for denying the possibility of a creator god or gods, something I have never done.
In fact, Hiding will tell you that I convinced her of that possibility in a series of posts in the past. And here are several examples of me going on record admitting of the possibility of a creator god:
"I am agnostic to the idea that gods can or do exists. I have no way of ruling them out. Nor leprechauns. I simply don't believe"
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
"I am an agnostic atheist."
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TF67LDICTMV5...
"I do not claim to know whether gods can or do exist."
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TEDTVO26B...
"Who can say that no god of any description is possible unless the idea is logically impossible? I can't. However unlikely, the idea of a god isn't logically impossible, therefore it is possible by default. It seems to me that we must all admit to a mustard seed of agnosticism. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/basketball/TU...
And now you say that I contradicted myself because I said "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more" in response to your "You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
You are a moron, and without ethics.
<quoted text>
Once again, you just make vacant claims. If you have what you think is a relevant addition, post it exactly as I said it with an accompanying link and whatever your argument is, or go bugger off.
Will any Christian condemn Dim's behavior, or is this fine with all of you? Your silence can only be interpreted as assent or moral cowardice. I won't be asking this for much longer. The window of opportunity to take a stand will pass, and the books will be closed on this episode. How will it be presented? That only a few of you did what was right? Perhaps none. Whatever you all decide, I will report your choices accurately.
I can't believe this is still going Teddy and not getting involved does not imply assent or moral cowardice.

A few people have tried to talk to both you and Skom. It seems neither one of you is going to back off and at this point this seems to have escalated into a word war over nothing more than a simple misunderstanding.

As for behaviour, the two of you are well matched.

I LUVE you both but seriously guys/gals... snap out of it... give peace a chance :D<

<3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay Pirate... Just curious on what posters may think...i still luv u...:)
I don't think anyone wants to know what I think about that... HEya sis, i luv u...:D<

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
EDIT scaritual I take it back, you did say "once they reach adulthood"
scaritual wrote:
Thanks for the.. apology?

I gather you took the time to read what I did say and not gallop off with what you thought I said or wanted me to have said. I'm not sure which it might be at this point.

You know all it takes is a little bit of effort to look at what was said and then reason the import of what I did say or mean. You needn't go off on some tangent that is completely off mark and then run with whatever dreaded and/or feared imaginary situation you've got brewing in that noggin.

You really can't blame me for being frustrated and somewhat irate with this exchange so far.

<quoted text> I think you should carefully consider and read what a person responds to you with, and don't place your personal spin upon what was said. Think about it. I mentioned nothing about rape, pedophilia, gays, etc.. and yet you mentioned all of those topics and didn't notice I specified >>"once they reach adulthood"<<, and >>consenting adults<<.

You know you could have mentioned ALL of those concerns, and mentioned that I did specify "consenting adults" as the defining principle or line of demarcation, but you didn't.

WHOOPS!....Look at what I just did, I took your thought and went off in a direction that you meant to apply to the question below, but I added my own spin.
LOL. Literally - I'm laughing out loud.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Rape and kids having sex... isn't this supposed to be a Christian thread???

EEWWW!!!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
I happen to be from Appalachia, and there is a very strong family code/honor/system of placing a family members requests or needs at an almost unquestioned priority, above your own needs, at times.
A request by a member of the family is one of the most sacred things there are within this culture, and it's the same for many people, not just Appalachia.
I also should point out that blood lines and relatives are very delineated here, and that is done to eliminate the possibility of incest, and that has been done >>> in the past<<< because of relatively small populations = genetic stock diversity - within a region.
Where I grew up there were only 10,000 people, total, in my entire county. It's changed now.
The most common questions asked of a teen when the stage of dating began were; "What's her family name? Is she from over in this area? Is her Grandpa this branch of *Smiths*, or the *Smiths* on the east end of the county?
"I reckon it's okay.... As long as shes not *Tom Smiths* daughter, he married that Jones girl and she was kin to your great Uncle Leo and......"
It was a very detailed process, and once it was determined you were not related or even closely related, all was fine.
Interesting.

My practice in Missouri was situated at the foothills of the Ozarks. I knew many hillbillies - mostly good people, and usually better than the citified sophisticates. The Beverly Hillbillies was actually pretty accurate. I knew plenty of Jeds and Jethros. I even had a patient who looked like Granny and wore work boots with a long dress that hung like a bed sheet and said "ain't" and "reckon" a lot. These people were kind, sincere, and generous to a fault with almost nothing to give. And they took care of one another.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
It is a known fact that multiple blood transfusions develops antibodies which create the symptoms of immune deficiency(although it is not classified as HIV).
G_O_D wrote:
True, HIV is only one of several auto-immune diseases.
With all due respect, you're both off a little.

The HIV virus creates an immune deficiency, which is a failure of the white cells to generate an effective immune response to a pathogen, the immune response being the elaboration of assorted antibodies, chemical messengers, and cells. The result is opportunistic infection - enemies invading the body not being attacked.

This is the opposite of autoimmunity, which is an inappropriate and exuberant response of the immune system to ones own tissues. There are autoimmune hematological conditions such as autoimmune hemolytic anemia and lupus, but these are unrelated to AIDS
http://www.everydayhealth.com/autoimmune-diso...

The relationship between blood transfusions and immune function is complicated, but transfusions don't typically cause immune deficiency. The problems are more related to unwanted immune reactions, as occurs with transfusion of an incompatible blood type. Erythrocytes are destroyed and their contents released into the plasma leading to complications such as shock and renal failure. But once again, these are not examples of immunodeficiency, but of the opposite: unwanted immune responses.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...

Rh incompatibility issues between mother and fetus is an issue, but again, one involving an undesired immune response, not immunodeficiency.

Of course, transfusion is a way of acquiring HIV. Also, immunoglobins can be transfused into patients needing them:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-igg-deficienc...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
In either case,[AIDS] would most likely have begun in straight men, spread through their sexual networks and eventually got into men who have sex with me.
Somebody was commenting on the worst typo ever. This one is pretty good.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you're both off a little.
The HIV virus creates an immune deficiency, which is a failure of the white cells to generate an effective immune response to a pathogen, the immune response being the elaboration of assorted antibodies, chemical messengers, and cells. The result is opportunistic infection - enemies invading the body not being attacked.
This is the opposite of autoimmunity, which is an inappropriate and exuberant response of the immune system to ones own tissues. There are autoimmune hematological conditions such as autoimmune hemolytic anemia and lupus, but these are unrelated to AIDS
http://www.everydayhealth.com/autoimmune-diso...
The relationship between blood transfusions and immune function is complicated, but transfusions don't typically cause immune deficiency. The problems are more related to unwanted immune reactions, as occurs with transfusion of an incompatible blood type. Erythrocytes are destroyed and their contents released into the plasma leading to complications such as shock and renal failure. But once again, these are not examples of immunodeficiency, but of the opposite: unwanted immune responses.
Rh incompatibility issues between mother and fetus is an issue, but again, one involving an undesired immune response, not immunodeficiency.
Of course, transfusion is a way of acquiring HIV. Also, immunoglobins can be transfused into patients needing them:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-igg-deficienc...
You can call it whatever ya want.
Lupus was the biggest part of it. With every major operation there were new blood problems(explained to me as a type of antibodies) Which the docs were trying to keep down. Heart failure. Renal failure. The blood attacking itself and organs. All resulting in death in the end.
She was a nurse, so we knew what we were up against.
She was 34 and jist couldn't take anymore.
I was heartbroke and bankbroke.
I'd do it all over again if I even had a hope it would turn out any different, but I doubt it would.
But thanks fer yer opinion anyway doc.
I guess that's about all I care ta discuss it.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
IANS said
"It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking. You see the world principally as a decadent and dangerous place that is getting worse, even as it gets better. And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling.
I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
What is your complaint with that? Are you offering this quote and link as support for one of your claims that I am a liar? If so, what lie? Once again, you can't even begin to make that claim without juxtaposing two contradictory quotations.

Also, can you rebut the claim that Christianity teaches a very negative attitude about mankind and the world, as well as teaching dependency on the god to be rescued from all of that? You don't seem to have even tried. You just object. Too bad. You need to rebut it.

Recall that the comment was a response to Brother Lee Love when he wrote, "It seems, to me, that as this world hurls into chaos and destruction, that everyone seems to be waiting for someone, or something, to remedy the world's problems."

That is a common comment. The thread is littered with them. Here's one like it from Counter_Strike:
"We are flawed emotional beings prone to err, lust and greed."

And another from lil whispers:
"I fully realize mankind is a total failure"

This is a common mindset among Christians, and it is the result of an extremely pessimistic, nihilistic and misanthropic Christian doctrine.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
So your belief is predicated on your own desires, not reality. What if Siddhartha was correct ? That would mean you created a fantasy world to feed your own selfish desires.

Interesting. You didn't understand what Buddha taught at all. That explains your current misunderstanding of Judaism. You are a perfect Christian.
LOL.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." - Buddha

"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

The Christians aren't scoring too well here. All I've seen is weakness - intellectual, emotional, spiritual and moral. There is the ignorance, the internal bickering, the pessimism for man and the world, and of special interest to me, the failure of them all to find fault with Dim and his outrageous behavior in his god's name.

I don't see anything worth preserving in this system of thought. The best idea I've seen yet is "Good morning and God bless you."

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
The Dragon, who is the Devil, or Satan, was bound to the Abyss for a thousand years, but now he is free to deceive nations, and gather forces, which will be as numerous as the grains of sand on the beach, and will bring forth a Dark Army, which may or may not include

a unicorn cavalry. And there will be merchandising. Amen.
THE TOP FIVE PET PEEVES OF UNICORNS [edited]
http://www.littlefivers.com/pets/pet-peeves-o...

5> Narwhals. Those copycat bastards.

4> Breech births.

3> Stupid sneeze guards on the salad bar at Bonanza.

2> Motorcycle helmet laws.

and the Number 1 Pet Peeve of Unicorns…

1> The automatic assumption that you have a natural skill at
trash pickup.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

scaritual wrote:
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."— G. W. Bush
"Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!" — G. W. Bush

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
I strongly suspect my neighbor is a witch. She's old, ugly, and has a large cauldron in her back yard. Sometimes at night I can see heavy smoke billowing up from above the fence. When I see her, she gives me the evil eye. It could be because of how many times I've alerted the homeowners association about her violations, but it's more likely that she knows that I am a Christian, and hates me for it, as witches must, for who they work for (Satan!!!).
I receive a newspaper every Sunday. I pay in advance, and I always pick it up out of the yard soon after it's arrival. Last Sunday, I walked out to my front yard to discover no Sunday newspaper. At least, there wasn't one in my yard, but there did appear to be one on my neighbor's porch, so my first thought was, "Oh, well, mine should be around here somewhere too." I looked everywhere. I walked out to the mailbox, surveyed the area, then I looked back to the house to check the roof. Nothing.
I began to think, "I don't recall ever seeing a newspaper delivered to my neighbor. The old hag probably can't even read." I sat on my front porch rocking chair and I rocked, and I thought, and I rocked, and I thought. "I bet that's MY newspaper.", I said quietly to myself.
I stood up, resolute, and walked directly towards my neighbors shabby porch, avoiding the thorny bushes and broken pottery. Quietly as a mouse, I bent over, checked to make sure that the newspaper was the one I subscribe to, found that it was, and picked it up. Satisfied that this must be my newspaper, I tucked it under my arm and began to stroll, quite leisurely, back towards my own property, when suddenly I heard a loud creak. It was the alarming squeal of a heavy door on rusty old hinges. My spine tingled, my hair stood on end, my face turned to chalk, and I shakily turned around.
"What do you think you're doing with MY newspaper?", the shrill old voice queried. There she was, standing at the doorway, and holding an old broom no less. I would have laughed had I not been so afraid.
"Um, no, see this is my newspaper.", I answered, almost sure that I had said the wrong thing. I reached up with my left hand and took the end of the newspaper, not quite sure yet what I was going to do. As she scowled at me, I began to illustrate the situation as I saw it. Her face grew tighter and tighter as I spoke. Clearly she was not amused, and quite frankly, I was close to crying just from being stared down.
Before I could find the words to escape the situation, she lifted her wrinkly old finger and did something I'll never forget. She placed a curse on me!
It took me a few moments to realize what she was doing, but as soon as I did, I dropped that newspaper, and I ran, sprinted rather, back to my own house, not bothering to look back as I lunged in through the front door. I kind of slid in, and shut the door with a kick from a scampering position.
I awoke thinking the whole thing was rather silly, until I opened the door to leave for work. There on the porch was a newspaper. I thought for a moment that this might be my actual newspaper, delivered a day late, but when I opened it, I knew better.
Written in, what I can only assume was blood, were the details of the curse that was cast upon me. I felt sick. My nightmares had not prepared me for at all. My only consolation was written very clearly on top of the comics, "Blaspheme the Holy Spirit, Christian, and I will lift this curse."
Needless to say, I called in sick, though I didn't elaborate to my boss. I went into my study, locked the door, and began to panic, sweat, cry, and pee my pants a little. I'm not ashamed. You'd pee your pants too if you had read what I read... in blood!
After a fresh change of clothes, I decided to consult the Bible for guidance. A few hours of reading finally gave me what I was looking for. I never saw smoke coming from my neighbor's yard again, I mean, you know, after...
Very nice!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. Did everyone get that?
Army of Darkness (1992)- Memorable quotes

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

G_O_O_D

M_O_R_N_I_N_G

“Don’t worry about who doesn’t like you,
who has more, or who’s doing what.”

~ Erma Bombeck

Thought for the Day

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 472,981 - 473,000 of598,715
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

394 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min IPSEC 716,120
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Aura Mytha 223,064
Safewow wow mounts and wow gears/pets On Hot Sale 20 min Cheap and fast wow mounts 1
Do you think older men like to be with teen girls? (Sep '09) 21 min luomin1990 245
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 30 min Sami1963 325
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Cisco Kid 529,750
skybanano 42 min skybanano 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min onemale 255,614
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr andet1987 93,157
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••