Henry wrote:
Jesus died 2000 years ago!
Make up your mind!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491582 Feb 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
[HIV] is a socioeconomic problem, complicated by stigma and hatred.
That's where the church comes in so handy - as the source of that stigma and hatred. They choose to administer their religion by scapegoating gays, and the message is heard loudly and clearly by the entire culture as Hiding has delineated.

The Christian church appears to be the only significant source of homophobia in the West. It's not originating with the news media, nor Hollywood, nor the government, nor the schools. It's the church. The church has defined that value for America, which makes people's lives more difficult and dangerous. It does so selfishly in order to promote itself, and as far as I can see, offers nothing of value in return to offset the huge societal burden it imposes.

That's the definition of a societal parasite.

Fennario

#491583 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
"They misunderestimated me." - GWB
"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --George W. Bush

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#491584 Feb 21, 2013
mike wrote:
For the self-righteous know I'm saved wanna-be christian.
Here is a free reprograming:
The writer of Matthew 10:22 claims jesus said, endure to the end, you "Shall" "Be" "Saved".
Celebrating before the "End" is kinda foolish,..I think.
Actually, Matthew 10:22 says:

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

It's not at all about celebrating the end", as you suggest.

It's about how much is at stake in the witness and suffering taking place in Matthew 24 - that a believer’s future status in Heaven is being worked out in the choices he’s making on a day-to-day basis.
mike

AOL

#491585 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you bother with that post?
You could've just said, "I have no comeback, so now I'll start to talk shit."
O_o
Thanks

I didn't feel I was being "mean" in stating I'm unwilling to take your "word" for it.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#491586 Feb 21, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone wants to know what I think about that... HEya sis, i luv u...:D<
That's okay, I am just God's messenger. It's a choice... The road to 'Heaven is very narrow'...
mike

AOL

#491587 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Matthew 10:22 says:
"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."
It's not at all about celebrating the end", as you suggest.
It's about how much is at stake in the witness and suffering taking place in Matthew 24 - that a believer’s future status in Heaven is being worked out in the choices he’s making on a day-to-day basis.
Again, thanks

You missed the "headliner".

The point I was making is,claiming your "saved" even before you can experience being "saved" is foolish.

Ultimately you can't be "saved" while living.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#491588 Feb 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful post, Annie.
Thank you.
:-)
mike

AOL

#491589 Feb 21, 2013
Just so you know, there are some here pretending to follow the GOD-concept just to make the concept look bad. Therefore, you sincere folks should practice "Deeds", rather than regurgitated words.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491590 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
...I've witnessed here that saying Jesus Christ is the only way and that any other path goes to hell is hateful....
Depends on how one says such things.

Christians seem to get all huffy when I tell them the fact that Jesus never used the word Hell and further that Christians have no clue of what Jesus was talking about when he mentions Sheol and Gehenna.

Instead Christians just call me a hateful antichrist and that I am going to Hell.

The sword swings both ways, Chris.

Fennario

#491591 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@HIDING...I dont deny those who start in the faith from an early age are subjedt to at least some indoctrination. That doesnt mean however when becomming adults they arent capable of shaping their own beliefs and feelings that can be very different than what they were first taught. But thats neither here nor there as far as the particular topic at hand. I would ask you re-read the post I quoted you from IANS and tell me in your opinion is that post indicative of someone who feels Christians are indoctrinated?It talks about typical Christian thinking and thinking what they do because of how their church taught them and several other things that are basically Imo the definition and what the result of indoctrination would be. Do you agree?
"I would ask you re-read the post I quoted you from IANS and tell me in your opinion is that post indicative of someone who feels Christians are indoctrinated?"

I just read your post, which is indicative that you believe such a thing:

"I don't deny those who start in the faith from an early age are subject to at least some indoctrination."

I don't know if I have made this claim explicitly like you have or not, but I wouldn't argue with it. Nor have I ever contradicted it.

You also wrote, "That doesnt mean however when becoming adults they aren't capable of shaping their own beliefs and feelings that can be very different than what they were first taught."

It also doesn't mean that they are capable of doing that. A few toss it all out and break free.

If you remain a Christian, by definition, you cannot have shaken off all of your indoctrination. Just look at the word "indoctrination." It means doctrine coming in, as in doctrine being downloaded into your young and impressionable head. And millions of other heads, too.

Those of you that don't escape the religion seem to largely agree on many central theses of Christianity, such as the nihilism, pessism and misanthropy that characterizes Christian doctrine. That's the in-doctrine of indoctriantion, the most pessimistic aspects being embodied in its doctrine of man's ineluctable sin nature (i.e., its hamartiology), its doctrine of his need for rescue and his abject inability to help himself (soteriology), and its doctrine of apocalypse (eschatology).

Anyway, I still don't know what you claim I said before - what you think it meant - or what your problem with it is. You seem to be saying that all Christians are indoctrinated yourself.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491592 Feb 21, 2013
Wherefore brethren give diligence to make you calling and election sure.2 Peter 1:10

Location hidden

#491593 Feb 21, 2013
Behold I come quickly;hold that fast which thou hast no man takey thy crown.Revelation 3:11

Location hidden

#491594 Feb 21, 2013
Be thou faithful unto death,and I will give thee a crown of life.Revelation 2:10
Henry

Germany

#491595 Feb 21, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really not Henry~ I doubt that you have opened a bible to read friend. Maybe if you skim a bit - you will start to feel what we have. If you do read- then go to the gospels and read about Jesus life. Pretty amazing history.
The bible is written and translated by people that God trusted to do so.
I believe that you are here seeking to know more- & that your life has some happy parts, but you know that something is missing. Your contridictory attitude and negative posts are due to the hardship of giving up what you once thought was true. You have always thought that God was fake and that accepting Him was a cop out. Now that you are here- you are having stirrings of knowing that we are telling you the truth.
Your rebellion is normal Henry. We ALL had those times before completely believing.
Whether YOU believe or not- We are ALL God's CHILDREN~
Billions of people of all nationalities, white , black, red, brown,Asian.
ALL job status, rich,poor, middle income,male, female, teens, pre teens ,twenty somethings , thirty somethings, in their 40's,50's ,60's,70's 80's, 90's, 100 something year olds...
....now, 5 years ago, 10 yrs ago 50 yrs ago, 100 yrs ago,1000 yrs ago, almost 2000 yrs ago..
ALL KNOW Him to be true due to similar life experience in HAVING MET OUR LORD Jesus Christ . Through the BLESSING of The Holy Spirit we were given THE gift of Jesus from God.
B I L L I O N S of people ALL agree He "IS" . Not because we read about Him in a book~ He was not "taught" to us LIKE math or science or Oprahs favorite "serve self" books...
But because we experienced His invitation and the miracles He performs in our lives.
No other proof is needed of His existence,as billions of us KNOW the truth. YOU too can MEET your brother Jesus simply by asking Him into your heart.
..... people did NOT write the Bible , GOD made it RIGHT.
God does not exist. The bible is man made and many times falsified!

Location hidden

#491596 Feb 21, 2013
According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world.That we should be holy and without blemish before Him in love.Ephesians 1:4

Location hidden

#491597 Feb 21, 2013
Having forordained us unto adoption as sons through Jesus Christ unto himself.Ephesians 1:5

Location hidden

#491598 Feb 21, 2013
And we know all things work together for good to them that love God to them who are the called according to His purpose.Romans 8:28

Location hidden

#491599 Feb 21, 2013
Being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will.Ephesians 1:11
Henry

Germany

#491600 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Henry wrote:
Sorry no god ever existed!
<quoted text>
Make up your mind!
Jesus died possible as a human. He was never a god. There were thousands of gods which were just myths nothing else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Brian_G 646,378
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 16 min Brian_G 15
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Annaleigh 105,564
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 23 min USA-1 38,746
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 32 min Insults Are Easier 48,226
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min Brian_G 971,603
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min Brian_G 445,695
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 182,627
More from around the web