|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't ignore Hiding's posts.
In fact, you should read them at least twice.
You might just learn something.
Just a head's up.
He's right though - I need to stop being mean. For one thing, mean people suck!

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a smart man, but at times when things are boring he may try to get under your skin alittle bit. Most of the times he means no harm, but he will challenge you to think outside the box. Of course, like the rest of us, he also has his flaws and I'm sure they get the best of him too. I sense you will both move past teh misunderstandings and the ugliness....
Exactly.

Hate me or Love me, you will be forced to think if you engage me. I picked up the habit from this Jew I read about. <smile>

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that Le_Le gets along with me better than several of her fellow Christians?
What do you care how she interprets her book? It's poetry, trope, allegory, parable, myth, and metaphor. No two of you agree completely about what it means. You're looking at verbal ink blots and discussing them like they were high resolution photographs.
I think you just answered your own question. <smile>

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think few can argue against him you are welcome to place him on whatever pedestal you like. Of course people defend him with things like maybe he forgot he said he believes its possible creator gods exist so you will have to pardon me if I am not impressed. The man is a liar, pure and simple
Tell ya what Hiding, put your own credibility to the test and tell me you think the person who wrote this doesn't think all or most Christians are indoctrinated
IANS said
"It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking. You see the world principally as a decadent and dangerous place that is getting worse, even as it gets better. And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling.
I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
If you can say that with a straight face then that is very sad. It is bizarre what I have seen people do in the attempts to circle the wagons. I am hoping my respect in you was not misplaced and maybe I will get lucky and you simply won't answer or do like Tide did and say I don't know. Its not the best way to approach it but its something. How low are you willing to stoop? I hope not very. My experience with you would say you wouldn't but I have been wrong before
I can't really answer for IANS. I don't know if he thinks you're indoctrinated or what, but he's right. Your religion trained you to think the way you do - that's a bit of an oversimplification, though. There's a lot more than simply your religion beating your religion into you. In America, Christianity is backed up at almost every turn - it's in your TV dramas, on your news, in your politics, in your morality. American culture is a Christian culture, and there's no getting away from that.

When you first started exploring Christianity, there was a learning period. If you began from a young age, my guess would be that your parents taught you how to pray, how God is watching over you, etc. When you entered church later, as an adult, your conceptions of prayer, spiritual experience, praise, etc., were focused and refined through the social.

Christian faiths are slightly different from one another - they have slightly different ways of behaving, receiving the Holy Spirit, and so on. Some speak in tongues, some sing, chant, play with snakes, and on and on. How your particular version of Christianity works, I don't know, but because it values some behaviors over others, there is necessarily learning going on - but usually not in an obvious way.

Yes, some church groups hold learning groups, how to get spiritual growth through Jesus, etc., but most people probably don't attend many of these. The learning is more subtle - you watch people perform religious activity and you refine your behavior unconsciously towards theirs. Not perfectly, of course, since your bodily experiences differ and I would guess that each person shifts their behavioral performance to reach spirituality in their own way.

So...yes, Christianity has shaped you. I can't argue with that.

Second, you didn't show where IANS is lying. You just claimed he is a liar. What part of him is lying in the paragraph above?

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>1. True to an extent. I was a believer in Siddharta Gautama, until I started to question the atheistic beliefs of Buddhism and then it was not enough, there a huge void.....
So your belief is predicated on your own desires, not reality.

What if Siddhartha was correct ?
That would mean you created a fantasy world to feed your own selfish desires.

Interestign. You didn't understand what Buddha taught at all. That explains your current misunderstanding of Judaism. You are a perfect Christian.

Now, when the time comes, and it will, that Christianity leaves a void what will you do ?

I suggest learning to play a muscial instrument.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I just saw this... case in point regarding my last post regarding gay blacks.
Oh no, Qu! We're converging on the same conclusion! HIV isn't a gay disease, but a human one.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
Wow! My mistake.
Any Christians care to comment on whether they believe in Unicorns or dragons?
The Dragon, who is the Devil, or Satan, was bound to the Abyss for a thousand years, but now he is free to deceive nations, and gather forces, which will be as numerous as the grains of sand on the beach, and will bring forth a Dark Army, which may or may not include a unicorn cavalry. And there will be merchandising. Amen.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hello hidingyourmaleunitfromus - how ya been?;)
'been a long time, Waaaassssuuup. I hope you and your family are doing well.

I've been good, bad, miserable, joyous, and everything in between.

And yourself?

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>The worst?.........and why is that pray tell?
I thought it was cute.

G'eng Lawest!

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty interesting. Where did the whole 1/3rd of all the angels thing come from?
It is from a text that the Christians declared untruthful 1700 years ago.

T-mail me. If I open the can of worms here, everyone will start fishing again. LOL

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Edit 2 scaritual
So you are saying they would NOT rape children, they would instead pressure children as they were kids to make them more likely to have sex as adults?
I stated that could be a possibility. In my earlier response, I noted that I think it is probably better to err on the side of caution in this instance, due to familial ties and considerations.

Just for instance, a person(many) will die for a family member with little or no consideration for their own well being or safety, in the blink of an eye.

No one need even ask or request it, or even require it for it to be given up.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>The fact the link I provided early suggests that some gays in this particular study are married to hide the fact that they are gay while still having intercourse with their wife? Yes, the link does suggest that:
http://www.thegully.com/essays/gaymundo/0403_...
<quoted text>You can't separate the pathogen from lifestyle and behavior.. whether homo- hetero- or bi-... or from drug use, rape and the like. It's transmitted through behavior. A lot of it goes unreported especially in African countries where there is still a heavy stigma... even still a heavy stigma in SA.
<quoted text>That's part of it also... but "mainly" through lifestyle and behavior.
Oh, you meant your link and not the one I provided - sorry, my mistake.

Let's look at the first paragraph in the one you provided. It's quite strange:

"Another important finding is that while 81 or 54% of the respondents described themselves as exclusively gay, 69 or 46% described themselves as bisexual."

54+46 = 100%. So...the population of men in Ghanna is entirely made up of gays and bis, if this small study is representative of the nation.

I'd also like to point out the study's limitations:

"Caution must be exercised in interpreting the findings of this study, in that it cannot be generalised to the universal set of MSM in Ghana. As could be observed from the analysis, not many business executives were interviewed, even though comments gathered from respondents indicate that there are top business executives and politicians who engage in MSM.

The validity of the study is also dependent on the frankness of those interviewed against the backdrop of the sensitive nature of the questions; a high level of insecurity among members; fear of a significant number of interviewees of undue exposure from the interview; and the desire to remain underground.

Even though the findings of this study cannot be said to be representative of MSM in the Greater Accra Metropolitan Area, it nevertheless presents us with more than enough information to start a health intervention programme for MSM in Ghana. The introduction of an intervention will undoubtedly lead to other intervention studies, which will hopefully lead to a better understanding of MSM in this part of the world."

So, they acknowledge that their study is not representative of the gay community or men in Ghanna. That's quite interesting and makes it difficult for you to use this study in the manner that you do.

You're claiming that this study is indicative of HIV in Africa, but the study itself was limited to selected members of the gay community in one city in Ghana - and the study authors themselves regard the study as not representative. They further did not interview straight men or straight women.

So you'll have to forgive me here, but I'm going to take your position with a grain of salt. I recommend that you do more reading on the issue - rather than google searching for studies to back you up, you could read about HIV in Africa.

Here are some resources for you:

http://www.cabdirect.org/abstracts/2004314652...

http://www.cabdirect.org/abstracts/2005310393...

http://www.cabdirect.org/abstracts/2012317610...

http://130.102.44.246/login?au th=0&type=summary&url= /journals/research_in_african_ literatures/v036/36.1arnoldi.p df

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like a god that values uncritical acceptance of extraordinary claims, but only those that, for whatever reason, lead people to believe him. He wants gullible, submissive, and emotionally needy people, that were raised in a specific environment. He's George W Bush.
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."— G. W. Bush

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
.....edit for space only...
I awoke thinking the whole thing was rather silly, until I opened the door to leave for work. There on the porch was a newspaper. I thought for a moment that this might be my actual newspaper, delivered a day late, but when I opened it, I knew better.
Written in, what I can only assume was blood, were the details of the curse that was cast upon me. I felt sick. My nightmares had not prepared me for at all. My only consolation was written very clearly on top of the comics, "Blaspheme the Holy Spirit, Christian, and I will lift this curse."
Needless to say, I called in sick, though I didn't elaborate to my boss. I went into my study, locked the door, and began to panic, sweat, cry, and pee my pants a little. I'm not ashamed. You'd pee your pants too if you had read what I read... in blood!
After a fresh change of clothes, I decided to consult the Bible for guidance. A few hours of reading finally gave me what I was looking for. I never saw smoke coming from my neighbor's yard again, I mean, you know, after...
I would have laughed if it wasn't so perfect an allegory.
I will have nightmares, not about witches.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 491181
<quoted text>
Thank you kindly.
I was hoping to offer an example of what Dim doesn't do: support his claims with quotes and links for all to see and judge for themselves rather than simply say, "You are a liar because I remember it differently."
I had a second motive: to make it crystal clear to the Christians posting here that Dim is wrong. I thought that I had done that, but then NoStress4me wrote, "and Skom told me respectfully that I had not read the beginning of the discussion so I did not understand what the discussion was about. A few posts later there was a link to a discussion taking place on a different thread, so I assumed that I truly did not have all of the facts. I personally will not say that someone is wrong, unless I have all of the facts."
"Skom" told him respectfully? LOL. Dim lied and diverted again. I wanted to make the sequence of events clear so that there can be no doubt what Dim is guilty of. I had been patient and cooperative with him, but you saw the result.
Let's see how many Christians step up and say to Dim that he is wrong and owes me what I am entitled to - his request for forgiveness for his disgusting slanders. I predict at most two.
Well, I just asked him to back up his claim, so I'm certain he'll provide links to posts shortly.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Isn't that the point we bumped heads on even while actually agreeing with each other ? <smile>
Yeah...sorry about that :)

btw, I was right! mwahahahahahahhaaha

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, Qu! We're converging on the same conclusion! HIV isn't a gay disease, but a human one.
Bingo.

I am lucky I only got Hep C froma transfusion. It could have easily been AIDS.

The world is easier to face if you can put groups of people in neat little boxes. Realistically though, people don't fit in neat little boxes unless they are dead.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is from a text that the Christians declared untruthful 1700 years ago.
T-mail me. If I open the can of worms here, everyone will start fishing again. LOL
Be glad to open the door for ya.What is the difference between a human angel and a angel human? I listen too ladies at the Grocery store today talk to me about this.Was way over my dumb head.Do you know anything about this.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>What I've learned thus far... is that if one is gay in the U.S...(especially gay african-americans) with all of our technology and all of our sexual awareness tips... that a homosexual and bisexual has an extremely better chance to get the HIV virus that leads to AIDS than heteros. And that heterosexual women have a higher incidence of HIV/AIDS as men are twice as likely to pass it on to females rather than the other way around.
Oh.. and I learned a little bit regarding SA from HFY. It wasn't hard to figure out that situation. What are your thoughts on NAMbLA? Uh, never mind..
When condoms became widely available to homosexuals in wealthy nations, the trends reversed themselves and HIV infected women became the fastest growing patient population, with straight men the second highest, gay men falling off. Since that time, the definitions have changed from using sexual identities to discussing behavior - so the labels have been dropped.

Also, in wealthy nations, HIV is now a controllable disease. On average, with proper medication, an HIV patient will live 9 months shorter than a non-HIV infected person. That changes HIV infection dynamics - where before people would simply pass away, dropping out of the statistics, now HIV carriers are adding up.

A simple understanding of statistics shows that a larger group will tend to maintain its size and increase faster than a smaller group. Since HIV in America, CA and Auz first spread through the gay communities, it's yet larger in them - and will remain so for a while.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...sorry about that :)
btw, I was right! mwahahahahahahhaaha
Conceded.

So was I. <smile>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 472,941 - 472,960 of596,526
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

460 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Campbell 216,892
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 680,134
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 20 min alisha24 249
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 26 min NUTS AMERICA 37,859
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 26 min Hitesrunprincess 52,509
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 27 min Uzi 109,567
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min Chess Jurist 512,090
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••