Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491520 Feb 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
In either case,[AIDS] would most likely have begun in straight men, spread through their sexual networks and eventually got into men who have sex with me.
Somebody was commenting on the worst typo ever. This one is pretty good.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491521 Feb 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you're both off a little.
The HIV virus creates an immune deficiency, which is a failure of the white cells to generate an effective immune response to a pathogen, the immune response being the elaboration of assorted antibodies, chemical messengers, and cells. The result is opportunistic infection - enemies invading the body not being attacked.
This is the opposite of autoimmunity, which is an inappropriate and exuberant response of the immune system to ones own tissues. There are autoimmune hematological conditions such as autoimmune hemolytic anemia and lupus, but these are unrelated to AIDS
http://www.everydayhealth.com/autoimmune-diso...
The relationship between blood transfusions and immune function is complicated, but transfusions don't typically cause immune deficiency. The problems are more related to unwanted immune reactions, as occurs with transfusion of an incompatible blood type. Erythrocytes are destroyed and their contents released into the plasma leading to complications such as shock and renal failure. But once again, these are not examples of immunodeficiency, but of the opposite: unwanted immune responses.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...
Rh incompatibility issues between mother and fetus is an issue, but again, one involving an undesired immune response, not immunodeficiency.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...
Of course, transfusion is a way of acquiring HIV. Also, immunoglobins can be transfused into patients needing them:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-igg-deficienc...
You can call it whatever ya want.
Lupus was the biggest part of it. With every major operation there were new blood problems(explained to me as a type of antibodies) Which the docs were trying to keep down. Heart failure. Renal failure. The blood attacking itself and organs. All resulting in death in the end.
She was a nurse, so we knew what we were up against.
She was 34 and jist couldn't take anymore.
I was heartbroke and bankbroke.
I'd do it all over again if I even had a hope it would turn out any different, but I doubt it would.
But thanks fer yer opinion anyway doc.
I guess that's about all I care ta discuss it.

Fennario

#491522 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
IANS said
"It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking. You see the world principally as a decadent and dangerous place that is getting worse, even as it gets better. And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling.
I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
What is your complaint with that? Are you offering this quote and link as support for one of your claims that I am a liar? If so, what lie? Once again, you can't even begin to make that claim without juxtaposing two contradictory quotations.

Also, can you rebut the claim that Christianity teaches a very negative attitude about mankind and the world, as well as teaching dependency on the god to be rescued from all of that? You don't seem to have even tried. You just object. Too bad. You need to rebut it.

Recall that the comment was a response to Brother Lee Love when he wrote, "It seems, to me, that as this world hurls into chaos and destruction, that everyone seems to be waiting for someone, or something, to remedy the world's problems."

That is a common comment. The thread is littered with them. Here's one like it from Counter_Strike:
"We are flawed emotional beings prone to err, lust and greed."

And another from lil whispers:
"I fully realize mankind is a total failure"

This is a common mindset among Christians, and it is the result of an extremely pessimistic, nihilistic and misanthropic Christian doctrine.

Fennario

#491523 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
So your belief is predicated on your own desires, not reality. What if Siddhartha was correct ? That would mean you created a fantasy world to feed your own selfish desires.

Interesting. You didn't understand what Buddha taught at all. That explains your current misunderstanding of Judaism. You are a perfect Christian.
LOL.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." - Buddha

"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

The Christians aren't scoring too well here. All I've seen is weakness - intellectual, emotional, spiritual and moral. There is the ignorance, the internal bickering, the pessimism for man and the world, and of special interest to me, the failure of them all to find fault with Dim and his outrageous behavior in his god's name.

I don't see anything worth preserving in this system of thought. The best idea I've seen yet is "Good morning and God bless you."

Fennario

#491524 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
The Dragon, who is the Devil, or Satan, was bound to the Abyss for a thousand years, but now he is free to deceive nations, and gather forces, which will be as numerous as the grains of sand on the beach, and will bring forth a Dark Army, which may or may not include

a unicorn cavalry. And there will be merchandising. Amen.
THE TOP FIVE PET PEEVES OF UNICORNS [edited]
http://www.littlefivers.com/pets/pet-peeves-o...

5> Narwhals. Those copycat bastards.

4> Breech births.

3> Stupid sneeze guards on the salad bar at Bonanza.

2> Motorcycle helmet laws.

and the Number 1 Pet Peeve of Unicorns…

1> The automatic assumption that you have a natural skill at
trash pickup.

Fennario

#491525 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."— G. W. Bush
"Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!" — G. W. Bush

Fennario

#491526 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I strongly suspect my neighbor is a witch. She's old, ugly, and has a large cauldron in her back yard. Sometimes at night I can see heavy smoke billowing up from above the fence. When I see her, she gives me the evil eye. It could be because of how many times I've alerted the homeowners association about her violations, but it's more likely that she knows that I am a Christian, and hates me for it, as witches must, for who they work for (Satan!!!).
I receive a newspaper every Sunday. I pay in advance, and I always pick it up out of the yard soon after it's arrival. Last Sunday, I walked out to my front yard to discover no Sunday newspaper. At least, there wasn't one in my yard, but there did appear to be one on my neighbor's porch, so my first thought was, "Oh, well, mine should be around here somewhere too." I looked everywhere. I walked out to the mailbox, surveyed the area, then I looked back to the house to check the roof. Nothing.
I began to think, "I don't recall ever seeing a newspaper delivered to my neighbor. The old hag probably can't even read." I sat on my front porch rocking chair and I rocked, and I thought, and I rocked, and I thought. "I bet that's MY newspaper.", I said quietly to myself.
I stood up, resolute, and walked directly towards my neighbors shabby porch, avoiding the thorny bushes and broken pottery. Quietly as a mouse, I bent over, checked to make sure that the newspaper was the one I subscribe to, found that it was, and picked it up. Satisfied that this must be my newspaper, I tucked it under my arm and began to stroll, quite leisurely, back towards my own property, when suddenly I heard a loud creak. It was the alarming squeal of a heavy door on rusty old hinges. My spine tingled, my hair stood on end, my face turned to chalk, and I shakily turned around.
"What do you think you're doing with MY newspaper?", the shrill old voice queried. There she was, standing at the doorway, and holding an old broom no less. I would have laughed had I not been so afraid.
"Um, no, see this is my newspaper.", I answered, almost sure that I had said the wrong thing. I reached up with my left hand and took the end of the newspaper, not quite sure yet what I was going to do. As she scowled at me, I began to illustrate the situation as I saw it. Her face grew tighter and tighter as I spoke. Clearly she was not amused, and quite frankly, I was close to crying just from being stared down.
Before I could find the words to escape the situation, she lifted her wrinkly old finger and did something I'll never forget. She placed a curse on me!
It took me a few moments to realize what she was doing, but as soon as I did, I dropped that newspaper, and I ran, sprinted rather, back to my own house, not bothering to look back as I lunged in through the front door. I kind of slid in, and shut the door with a kick from a scampering position.
I awoke thinking the whole thing was rather silly, until I opened the door to leave for work. There on the porch was a newspaper. I thought for a moment that this might be my actual newspaper, delivered a day late, but when I opened it, I knew better.
Written in, what I can only assume was blood, were the details of the curse that was cast upon me. I felt sick. My nightmares had not prepared me for at all. My only consolation was written very clearly on top of the comics, "Blaspheme the Holy Spirit, Christian, and I will lift this curse."
Needless to say, I called in sick, though I didn't elaborate to my boss. I went into my study, locked the door, and began to panic, sweat, cry, and pee my pants a little. I'm not ashamed. You'd pee your pants too if you had read what I read... in blood!
After a fresh change of clothes, I decided to consult the Bible for guidance. A few hours of reading finally gave me what I was looking for. I never saw smoke coming from my neighbor's yard again, I mean, you know, after...
Very nice!

Fennario

#491527 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. Did everyone get that?
Army of Darkness (1992)- Memorable quotes

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#491528 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_O_D

M_O_R_N_I_N_G

“Don’t worry about who doesn’t like you,
who has more, or who’s doing what.”

~ Erma Bombeck

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491529 Feb 21, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, If George Washington Carver could rise up out of his difficult background of hurt and discrimination, to accomplish great and mighty things (like over 300 uses for peanuts!), then refuse fame and fortune to choose a life of happiness and honor in helping the world, then I should be able to do the same through the power of Your Holy Spirit. My upbringing is different that his, but I have faced some trials and difficulties too. Even if I were the richest person in the world, I would rather be content and happy in serving You and fulfilling my purpose. Please forgive me and cleanse me of any selfish thoughts and ways and help me to be the loving, giving person You created me to be. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491530 Feb 21, 2013
Encouraging Words.....

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

Romans 12:10

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491531 Feb 21, 2013
chill out pls wrote:
Hello everyone! I haven't been here in a long while and just wanted to pop in to say hi. All is very well with me and I hope all is well with everyone here.
Hey Chills.....

Great to see you....We have another poster here (Grace) that reminds me of you.....

Blessings to you

Fennario

#491532 Feb 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
If you make effort to know and not insult, you will know me better. This can be possible.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Honestly, I don't see the pay-off for me here.
Ouch!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491533 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You don't need to be passive-aggressive with me. If you want to let me have it, please feel free. I'm sure that you believe that your god knows your mind already, and obviously, so do I. So shed your church lady persona for a moment, take off the girdle, let your hair down, and get it off your chest. I give you my permission and forgive you in advance.
LOL....I don't wear a "girdle"....People on Facebook know how I look....I don't think I favor her...but maybe to you I do.

God Loves you Dr Ian....You remind me of Saul.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491534 Feb 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Amen.
Geng Lawest....Translation....GOOD MORNING Lawest

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491535 Feb 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>EPI<<<
Have told you you are never forgotten Sister Friend! And I just love the quote you post here...
<quoted text>
So very true...
So we live worlds apart, oceans across, and time zones of hours difference, yet still I see we share the same moon... Do you still wave to me like we used to??? Cause, well, I could have sworn I saw a real, blue - spiritual blue - butterfly land on the moon there once when I was thinking of you. And it even stuck out it's proboscis at me! >>>grin<<<
I can only always believe you are safe and well - all of you - as I see so many weather disasters take place. There... with deep freeze, and here with heat waves, floods, bush-fires, hurricanes. But! What's new??? For those who suffer so in such hard times - be it the loss of homes, loved ones, the livelihood - I pray they find some Comfort in knowing so many care.
Life goes on, and we are challenged to live it... without complaint. For many... that is not easy to do.
Take Care sweet fltterbye, and as it's been a while, here's a song for you.
Luv always in His Peace and Love xo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FM55bLaDq2AXX&playnext=1 &list=PL217B07DF6E34214A &feature=results_video
SWEPT AWAY
Beautiful Friend....I can feel your "Heart" I need to look at the Moon more....>>wave<<

When I saw that quote...I LOVED it

I wll re-post it again...and again....and again!!!

Hope you and Ishi are doing good....Hugs to you Sweet Friend in Australia

Thank you

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491536 Feb 21, 2013
*~*~*~*~*~

~Don't let people pull you into their storm....Pull them into your PEACE~

*~*~*~*~*~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491537 Feb 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
WORTH A REPEAT POST >>>Epi<<<
<quoted text>
OK......

WORTH A REPEAT POST >>>Epi<<<
Epiphany2 wrote:

*~*~*~*~*~

~Don't let people pull you into their storm....Pull them into your PEACE~

*~*~*~*~*~

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#491538 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Now please communicate your beliefs clearly and without all the mystical poetry. You may find we agree on many things.
I already think we do agree on many things; however, if you think I am giving up being me to become more like being you, I can tell you that 'aint gonna happen :)

I love the Mystical.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491539 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I agree. I don't doubt her sincerity. I felt that she was being unnecessarily reserved because she felt that she had to be, not disingenuous.
Reserved....because I won't argue. Hey....You don't believe in things I DO believe in....Why argue about it...? You're entitled to believe the way you do....

But I know some posters LOVE to debate and argue....More POWER to them....I just SCROLL on by....

Have a great argumentive day Dr Ian (or Teddy)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min phooey 603,279
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min It aint necessari... 878,712
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 28 min dollarsbill 8,029
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Charlie Sheen 272,873
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 37 min WasteWater 14
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr real 33,187
Hiroshima was WRONG! (Aug '13) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 313
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr MrAnderson9 3,845
More from around the web