Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that poster qualifies as my children.
But nope! And if I had either, I don't think my posting to him would actually benefit the kiddies or daddie.
The thing is, he keeps telling me to be nice to him so that I can get to know him. And he couches that in a bunch of insults. So...not really worth my time.
What I meant was that we can do things to help others without getting any direct benefit ourselves. Pseudo-alruism.

Your being here helps others perhaps more than it does you.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/... Yeah,Buddhism does tend to have that effect on the human mind.('another world')

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You hear hearing those 'voices' again ?
Don't you hear anything inside of your head G? Glad you're rolling on the floor laughing, laughter is good for the Soul :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Down's and Fragile X Syndromes ?
Yeah - something like that :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hiding wrote...."And, so, would it bother you more if he wrote "Skom, you're indoctrinated"? I'm sure if we ask IANS "Hey, do you think Christians are indoctrinated?".......... Skom replies....sorry got to do it llike this for space. No it wouldnt bother me at all if he said Christians are indoctrinated. In fact I think given what he wrote it would be preposterous for him to claim otherwise. I would also not be surprised if I searched to find posts with him using that exact word when describing Christians. I am currious as to how he will answer your question under the circumstances. The reason this came up is he said someone paraphrased him all wrong like I do when the person said Ians believes all or most Christians are indoctrinated. I dont know why he would deny this other than it is a common tactic he uses. But I wont drag you into this any further. Have a good one

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeses!!! I hope you're ok.
It is just one of many obstacles in the path of my life. That I have done so much in spite of them all is a testament to the 'divine spirit' available to all humans....

Or that I am just one lucky sumbich. LOL

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir mon amie, and I hope you had another one today and for many many more ahead.
Blessings.
Bonsoir mon ami, today we went out to the museums and then to an opera. Today was a good day.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that was a misinterpretation of an actuality. One probably handed down through many generations, of a group that were indeed different from common people who were incapable of their physical and mental stature, and therefor thought of as "supernatural". Scripture and other ancient writings bear out their existence in actuality.
[ANG] was a race of individuals who possessed a shimmering blue radiance, superior knowledge, and the ability to become transparent and even invisible to the common people throughout history...one going back at least 60,000 years. Take the story of Abraham and Sodom for example. The characteristics are identical(just 1 instance). As related, they were ANG/[EL]=the shimmering/glowing messengers of EL(god), and were recognized immediately for who and what they were by Abraham... and at that, had abilities above and beyond that of the common people(including the chosen Abraham himself).
"Misinterpretation" of an "actuality"?..how about total exaggeration?

Stories told, often lean towards the perspective of the storyteller?

Why isn't "imagination", "figurative" often considered in bible stories?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

@Grace Walker.......hope u see this as my phone closed when I was trying to respond and will take me forever to scroll back. I think that is a great idea to reach them before they even start. Like the old saying goes "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". I think you will do a wonderful job. God bless you for taking a very difficult and demanding yet desperately needed role to help save lives.(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you hear anything inside of your head G? Glad you're rolling on the floor laughing, laughter is good for the Soul :)
Yes. My own voice.
When I hear other people I will seek professional help for mental illness.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah - something like that :)
Well, there is the "God Gene" research taking place. Look it up.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text...Why isn't "imagination", "figurative" often considered in bible stories?
It is in Modern Judaism. Christians are still living in the Medieval period.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the recounting of nuclear war and it's fallout, which was documented by the Sumerians...and in that very location...only the "old" account is even more specific.
I'm sorry...a nuclear war?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it is in our DNA?
Now there's an interesting concept :D

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. My own voice.
When I hear other people I will seek professional help for mental illness.
At least I can say I passed the test of sanity :)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Epi;
He needs one of my black bears from the mountains.lol
Such fun he could have with one of thoses.lol
Hey LW,
Your post reminded me of something.

Sense you like critters, bears and such.

When my Dad was a kid his cousins had a pet bear that would follower them around. They would swing out on a rope over the water and jump into it. The bear would come and jump right in there with them. Just thought you might like that.
HFN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there is the "God Gene" research taking place. Look it up.
I did......

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
@scaritual...wow thats about as classless of someone accepting an apology and admitting a mistake as I have ever seen but cant say im surprised.
Well, you know, this is what your first post consisted of, after I corrected and addressed your misunderstanding of what I'd written, and in that earlier instance you'd implied I was dishonest and excusing away or condoning all sorts of behavior and/or unrelated issues that I didn't speak to at all.

So, this was your first post I see in response to myself, today:
WOW So you when you said they would try to coerce children within a family what you really meant what the total opposite and would engage in an adult consensual relationship once the child reached adulthood?!
LOL
So it went from coercing children to have sex which is rape to a consensual adult relationship!
It is unbelievable the games you guys play
Yeah, I didn't say that, and you were wrong, again.

I guess this was the apology in the next post:
EDIT scaritual I take it back, you did say "once they reach adulthood"
I guess that's an apology, in your estimation.

Just a note; If I ever treat a response of yours as you did mine, and it's my mistake and fault because of my misunderstanding and in doing that, question your integrity and other aspects of your self. Or, if I do something like that to anyone on any of these forums, just as I would in my personal life... I will say something to the effect;

I was mistaken, I misunderstood your post and I was at fault, please accept this apology, if you choose not to, I understand and again I'd like to say I was in the wrong.

But that's me.

Okay, then you actually did apologize, later in the post.
Skombolis wrote:
I am still admitting my error as I didn't see the part that said "once they reach adulthood", I just said they would "coerce children"
And again:
Skombolis wrote:
I do apologize for implying you were had been dishonest although my questions remain the same.
HOT DAMN! BITE MY ASS AND CALL ME AN APPLE...!

I consider that last one an apology, and I should have been a bit more gracious about it, but you did over multiple posts accuse me of being dishonest and implied various other improprieties and ills that I was not guilty of.

Forgive me if I had just a bit of the case of the ass, but, I try to be as straightforward and forthright as I can during these discussions, I never set about to be dishonest or conduct myself in less than an honorable upright way. So, anyway, please forgive my less than immediate acceptance of your apology.

Okay, on to the rest.
But let me make this as clear as I can for you. You suggested adults who engage in consensual incest would be prone to coercing children as to indoctrinate them to engage in incest with them when they turn a legal age. So my question is do you think gay couples who engage in consensual adult sex would also coerce gay youth to have sex with them once they turn a legal age? If not why? And what basis do u have to think adults who engage in incest consensually would engage in coercive behavior towards minors to get them to have sex when they become adults?
Im not demonizing any group. Im simply trying to figure out where u came up with adults having incest are more likely to coerce minors? And I want to know because ppl make the same argument that adult homosexuals try to influence children so they can prey on them later.Clear enough for you?
I addressed the above questions in the previous posts, and elucidated at length upon my reasons for the position I have.

I also included numerous other situations and examples covering the topic, and clarified that adequately. Just read them carefully.

You're welcome to disagree, but if you do so, please point out where you felt I didn't, by supplying specific instances from those previous posts exampling my neglect in doing so.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there's an interesting concept :D
*** Unless our purpose is to grow and develop that faith, I don't see much purpose for the mortal part of our life cycle the evolutionists might as well have their "its all an accident" scenario. There would be no purpose in living as mortals if we were not here to grow and develop our faith. We could have been "born" (created) directly in Heaven and not gone through our mortal metamorphosis on Earth.

On the other hand, if God just wanted Earthly "yes" men (and women) He could have built blind obedience to Him into our DNA.

Instead, He inserted this "seed of faith".

http://www.anointedlinks.com/seed_of_faith.ht... ***

Much food for thought :)

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>At least I can say I passed the test of sanity :)
Good. Now please communicate your beliefs clearly and without all the mystical poetry. You may find we agree on many things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••