*~*~*~*~*~
~Don't let people pull you into their storm....Pull them into your PEACE~
*~*~*~*~*~

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491501 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
No. Nor am I agreeing to it. I don't recall the comment or its context. As I've told you repeatedly, Dim, show me the words and I'll tell you what they meant, or bugger off.
Skombolis wrote:
The ol', I won't confirm or deny trick And now he is already working on his excuse ... only if you agree to admit you are a liar will I bother to waste my time pulling up the post ... You are a liar dude, plain and simple.
You are unbelievably stupid. Of course I won't confirm or deny. I'd be guessing if I did.

What does it say: I can neither confirm nor deny your claim from memory. Show me my words. And you say to agree that I lied before you bother finding them.

Once again, you are unbelievably stupid at so many levels. You have zero respect for fact or truth. And you fail to understand that you need to bring the quotation and link with you to the original claim. It should have already been posted when you first claimed that I said this or that.

Remember, you're not asking me my opinion on indoctrination, which I could give you outright. You're telling me what my opinion is based on words that I don't recall, and also claiming that I contradicted it elsewhere. And you refuse to post my words upon which you base this, proving that you're doing it based on your useless memory of your less than useless comprehension of those words.

And slandering me the entire way.

Your behavior is egregious, and worthy of the utmost contempt and rebuke.

Will any Christian join me, or is Dim's behavior acceptable to all of you? I will undoubtedly be retelling this story. As it stands right now, the Christian community has been silent, and tacitly endorses Dim's outrageous behavior. Nobody that is silent has the right to any other claim down the road.

How about it, Grace? Or Juicy? Or Serah? Or Dr, Shrink? Or Le-Le? Or Quin? Or Counter_Strike? Or Epiphany? Or Clearwater Chris? Won't even one of you stand with me? You all have a say in how this saga shall end.

Fennario

#491502 Feb 20, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
i'm willing to bet everything i am and my eternal life that i'm on the right path! what say you?:)
Bad gamble.

What are the odds that there is a god that requires you to guess correctly, and that you have done that? Zero. The god you chose is impossible. And what is the cost of that choice? In this life, it's thousands of hours wasted on prayer, church and bible study, thousands of dollars, and your one shot at an authentic existence. And in the extremely small chance that there is an afterlife in which we shall be judged, you have no idea who will be doing the judging, by what criteria, or what is at risk. I would suspect that if one of us pays a price for our choices, it will be you for throwing away your gifts - reason and conscience - and embracing an absurd and immoral doctrine.
Perhaps you were given those gifts to seek your true creator,and instead, have chosen a doctrine that teaches you to that your flesh is defective and that you should disesteem the world. If you and the universe were my creation, I don't know how I would feel about that.
You've it all on an an impossible and absurd belief. I like my bet better. It is in concert with reality. The universe is magnificent, not garbage. Man is magnificent, not a disease. And I was born with an inclination to wonder and to think, not to stifle them both and submit to priests.
waaasssuuup wrote:
LOL! you're still living under the assumption that God is elusive and unapproachable when He's proven otherwise by sending His only begotten Son! wake up and get into the NEW COVENANT; it's been applicable for over 2,000 years now!
And Zeus proved that he was approachable by sending his son Hermes, messenger of the gods.

Nice rebuttal.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#491503 Feb 20, 2013
>>>Serah<<<
I wanted to answer you post sweetie... but I CAN'T find it! I didn't have time when reading it this early morning.

As we are bordering a storm - and some-one's hungry - can I please get back to you... as I would like to reply to your warm words???

LUV U and {{{*()*))) Koala Hugs... it MIGHT be 2morro tho!
6-45pm.Mon now.
His Love and peace be with you Sister Friend. xo

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#491504 Feb 20, 2013
4now... good night all.
God Bless!

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#491505 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are unbelievably stupid. Of course I won't confirm or deny. I'd be guessing if I did.
What does it say: I can neither confirm nor deny your claim from memory. Show me my words. And you say to agree that I lied before you bother finding them.
Once again, you are unbelievably stupid at so many levels. You have zero respect for fact or truth. And you fail to understand that you need to bring the quotation and link with you to the original claim. It should have already been posted when you first claimed that I said this or that.
Remember, you're not asking me my opinion on indoctrination, which I could give you outright. You're telling me what my opinion is based on words that I don't recall, and also claiming that I contradicted it elsewhere. And you refuse to post my words upon which you base this, proving that you're doing it based on your useless memory of your less than useless comprehension of those words.
And slandering me the entire way.
Your behavior is egregious, and worthy of the utmost contempt and rebuke.
Will any Christian join me, or is Dim's behavior acceptable to all of you? I will undoubtedly be retelling this story. As it stands right now, the Christian community has been silent, and tacitly endorses Dim's outrageous behavior. Nobody that is silent has the right to any other claim down the road.
How about it, Grace? Or Juicy? Or Serah? Or Dr, Shrink? Or Le-Le? Or Quin? Or Counter_Strike? Or Epiphany? Or Clearwater Chris? Won't even one of you stand with me? You all have a say in how this saga shall end.
Here's what I'll do. I'll stand here and continue to watch you moan and groan like a child. You've been belly aching about this for what a week now?

Your behaviour and actions in here have been just as bad and reprehensible as any ones. Can't you see that, because most everyone else can?

Give it a rest and move on cry baby. If you don't like the way you're being treated in here than by all means take it down the road to another thread. Nobody is holding you down and making you stay in here where you feel you are being SO ABUSED!!!

Get over it and get over your self. Your moaning and groaning like a child and crying out for people to come to your aid isn't working in here slick and it never will. Your childish playground routine of crying out "I'm such an abused victim, someone help me" doesn't work in the adult world little boy.

Take the hint!!!

Fennario

#491506 Feb 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I will call attention to your deliberate lies. And I guarantee people can see them
What they see are your unsupported claims and slanders based on them. You have never once presented two contradictory statements of mine in my own words side by side with links to them. Not once. This is what it would look like if you did:

[1] "X"
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

[2] "not X"

Scum.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491507 Feb 21, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Good Evening...DR.SHRINK & DR.TEDDY BEAR...
Can you watch the video, and tell me what you think of this?
RFID Chip for all Americans in 2013 as Part of ObamaCare… See Biden Telling Fed Judge He Will Have to Rule on Implanted Microchips
http://askmarion.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/rfi...
Thank you,SL
This ole' Pirate don't play dat sh!t!

Fennario

#491508 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You have said repeatedly you believe in creator gods? And why did you omit the posts where I ask you over and over again to explain why you lied and people made excuses for you?

Only after you were trapped in a corner and had to come up with something did you settle on saying you denied it because I said "evidence" not "proof"
Trapped in a corner? What trap? You can't understand what you read.

I doubt that you know what my objection is to even now, moron. I went around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around with you over the difference between evidence and proof, and asked you nicely and patiently to use the word "evidence" when paraphrasing me, not "proof."

But you steadfastly refused to do so in typical Dimwit fashion, so eventually I gave you the "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."

Being the subliterate moron that you are, you somehow took that as a denial of the possibility of creator gods, and began calling me a liar for three months before producing the words upon which that was based, which demonstrated that you misunderstood mt words.

Now you claim that I was trapped in a corner and had to come up with something. You seem to be implying that this is a trick to evade responsibility for denying the possibility of a creator god or gods, something I have never done.

In fact, Hiding will tell you that I convinced her of that possibility in a series of posts in the past. And here are several examples of me going on record admitting of the possibility of a creator god:

"I am agnostic to the idea that gods can or do exists. I have no way of ruling them out. Nor leprechauns. I simply don't believe"

"I am an agnostic atheist."
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TF67LDICTMV5...

"I do not claim to know whether gods can or do exist."
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TEDTVO26B...

"Who can say that no god of any description is possible unless the idea is logically impossible? I can't. However unlikely, the idea of a god isn't logically impossible, therefore it is possible by default. It seems to me that we must all admit to a mustard seed of agnosticism. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/basketball/TU...

And now you say that I contradicted myself because I said "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more" in response to your "You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

You are a moron, and without ethics.
Skombolis wrote:
You are such a liar dude!! You intentionally left out like half a dozen posts to make it seem like you simply answered and addressed the two different words! You lied, stuck to it, remained silent, and finally came up with that lame excuse!!
Once again, you just make vacant claims. If you have what you think is a relevant addition, post it exactly as I said it with an accompanying link and whatever your argument is, or go bugger off.

Will any Christian condemn Dim's behavior, or is this fine with all of you? Your silence can only be interpreted as assent or moral cowardice. I won't be asking this for much longer. The window of opportunity to take a stand will pass, and the books will be closed on this episode. How will it be presented? That only a few of you did what was right? Perhaps none. Whatever you all decide, I will report your choices accurately.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#491509 Feb 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
This ole' Pirate don't play dat sh!t!
That's okay Pirate... Just curious on what posters may think...i still luv u...:)

Fennario

#491510 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The past, present, and future in theory would be the same to God.
Nobody can exert their will and change the past. If the future is the same as the past, then they are both determined, and free will doesn't exist.
Skombolis wrote:
God seeing what we chose to do out of our own free will is predestination
Destiny in this context means no choice:

Destiny -[1] the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future: she was unable to control her own destiny
[2] the hidden power believed to control future events; fate: he believed in destiny http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...
Skombolis wrote:
God seeing what we chose to do out of our own free will is predestination ... So it is only "predestined" in the same way the past is since it already took place
LOL. Is that what you mean by free will?

"When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey

Fennario

#491511 Feb 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the truly tragic thing about this is God is not withholding ANYTHING GOOD from us, including sharing His likeness & cosmos for eternity if we'll just trust Him and wait for our inheritance instead of demanding to be our own stubborn lil fallen gods right now
Why do you think that your god deserves to be trusted if he won't show himself? Why should I believe you, some priest, or some book that a god exists that is capable of demonstrating as much, but won't? Why should I believe any such claim form anybody other than the god?

You're too gullible. People are lying to you. The "wait for our inheritance" until after we are dead part is a tip off. Would you go to work for me on the promise that I will pay you when you leave the job?

Fennario

#491512 Feb 21, 2013
You don't need to be passive-aggressive with me. If you want to let me have it, please feel free. I'm sure that you believe that your god knows your mind already, and obviously, so do I. So shed your church lady persona for a moment, take off the girdle, let your hair down, and get it off your chest. I give you my permission and forgive you in advance.
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I'm sure Epi is sincere......She doesnt give in to the pettiness of topix. Always positive and upbeat..........
I agree. I don't doubt her sincerity. I felt that she was being unnecessarily reserved because she felt that she had to be, not disingenuous.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#491513 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Trapped in a corner? What trap? You can't understand what you read.
I doubt that you know what my objection is to even now, moron. I went around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around with you over the difference between evidence and proof, and asked you nicely and patiently to use the word "evidence" when paraphrasing me, not "proof."
But you steadfastly refused to do so in typical Dimwit fashion, so eventually I gave you the "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
Being the subliterate moron that you are, you somehow took that as a denial of the possibility of creator gods, and began calling me a liar for three months before producing the words upon which that was based, which demonstrated that you misunderstood mt words.
Now you claim that I was trapped in a corner and had to come up with something. You seem to be implying that this is a trick to evade responsibility for denying the possibility of a creator god or gods, something I have never done.
In fact, Hiding will tell you that I convinced her of that possibility in a series of posts in the past. And here are several examples of me going on record admitting of the possibility of a creator god:
"I am agnostic to the idea that gods can or do exists. I have no way of ruling them out. Nor leprechauns. I simply don't believe"
"I am an agnostic atheist."
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TF67LDICTMV5...
"I do not claim to know whether gods can or do exist."
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TEDTVO26B...
"Who can say that no god of any description is possible unless the idea is logically impossible? I can't. However unlikely, the idea of a god isn't logically impossible, therefore it is possible by default. It seems to me that we must all admit to a mustard seed of agnosticism. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/basketball/TU...
And now you say that I contradicted myself because I said "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more" in response to your "You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
You are a moron, and without ethics.
<quoted text>
Once again, you just make vacant claims. If you have what you think is a relevant addition, post it exactly as I said it with an accompanying link and whatever your argument is, or go bugger off.
Will any Christian condemn Dim's behavior, or is this fine with all of you? Your silence can only be interpreted as assent or moral cowardice. I won't be asking this for much longer. The window of opportunity to take a stand will pass, and the books will be closed on this episode. How will it be presented? That only a few of you did what was right? Perhaps none. Whatever you all decide, I will report your choices accurately.
I can't believe this is still going Teddy and not getting involved does not imply assent or moral cowardice.

A few people have tried to talk to both you and Skom. It seems neither one of you is going to back off and at this point this seems to have escalated into a word war over nothing more than a simple misunderstanding.

As for behaviour, the two of you are well matched.

I LUVE you both but seriously guys/gals... snap out of it... give peace a chance :D<

<3

Location hidden

#491514 Feb 21, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay Pirate... Just curious on what posters may think...i still luv u...:)
I don't think anyone wants to know what I think about that... HEya sis, i luv u...:D<

Fennario

#491515 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
EDIT scaritual I take it back, you did say "once they reach adulthood"
scaritual wrote:
Thanks for the.. apology?

I gather you took the time to read what I did say and not gallop off with what you thought I said or wanted me to have said. I'm not sure which it might be at this point.

You know all it takes is a little bit of effort to look at what was said and then reason the import of what I did say or mean. You needn't go off on some tangent that is completely off mark and then run with whatever dreaded and/or feared imaginary situation you've got brewing in that noggin.

You really can't blame me for being frustrated and somewhat irate with this exchange so far.

<quoted text> I think you should carefully consider and read what a person responds to you with, and don't place your personal spin upon what was said. Think about it. I mentioned nothing about rape, pedophilia, gays, etc.. and yet you mentioned all of those topics and didn't notice I specified >>"once they reach adulthood"<<, and >>consenting adults<<.

You know you could have mentioned ALL of those concerns, and mentioned that I did specify "consenting adults" as the defining principle or line of demarcation, but you didn't.

WHOOPS!....Look at what I just did, I took your thought and went off in a direction that you meant to apply to the question below, but I added my own spin.
LOL. Literally - I'm laughing out loud.

Location hidden

#491516 Feb 21, 2013
Rape and kids having sex... isn't this supposed to be a Christian thread???

EEWWW!!!

Fennario

#491517 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I happen to be from Appalachia, and there is a very strong family code/honor/system of placing a family members requests or needs at an almost unquestioned priority, above your own needs, at times.
A request by a member of the family is one of the most sacred things there are within this culture, and it's the same for many people, not just Appalachia.
I also should point out that blood lines and relatives are very delineated here, and that is done to eliminate the possibility of incest, and that has been done >>> in the past<<< because of relatively small populations = genetic stock diversity - within a region.
Where I grew up there were only 10,000 people, total, in my entire county. It's changed now.
The most common questions asked of a teen when the stage of dating began were; "What's her family name? Is she from over in this area? Is her Grandpa this branch of *Smiths*, or the *Smiths* on the east end of the county?
"I reckon it's okay.... As long as shes not *Tom Smiths* daughter, he married that Jones girl and she was kin to your great Uncle Leo and......"
It was a very detailed process, and once it was determined you were not related or even closely related, all was fine.
Interesting.

My practice in Missouri was situated at the foothills of the Ozarks. I knew many hillbillies - mostly good people, and usually better than the citified sophisticates. The Beverly Hillbillies was actually pretty accurate. I knew plenty of Jeds and Jethros. I even had a patient who looked like Granny and wore work boots with a long dress that hung like a bed sheet and said "ain't" and "reckon" a lot. These people were kind, sincere, and generous to a fault with almost nothing to give. And they took care of one another.

Fennario

#491519 Feb 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
It is a known fact that multiple blood transfusions develops antibodies which create the symptoms of immune deficiency(although it is not classified as HIV).
G_O_D wrote:
True, HIV is only one of several auto-immune diseases.
With all due respect, you're both off a little.

The HIV virus creates an immune deficiency, which is a failure of the white cells to generate an effective immune response to a pathogen, the immune response being the elaboration of assorted antibodies, chemical messengers, and cells. The result is opportunistic infection - enemies invading the body not being attacked.

This is the opposite of autoimmunity, which is an inappropriate and exuberant response of the immune system to ones own tissues. There are autoimmune hematological conditions such as autoimmune hemolytic anemia and lupus, but these are unrelated to AIDS
http://www.everydayhealth.com/autoimmune-diso...

The relationship between blood transfusions and immune function is complicated, but transfusions don't typically cause immune deficiency. The problems are more related to unwanted immune reactions, as occurs with transfusion of an incompatible blood type. Erythrocytes are destroyed and their contents released into the plasma leading to complications such as shock and renal failure. But once again, these are not examples of immunodeficiency, but of the opposite: unwanted immune responses.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...

Rh incompatibility issues between mother and fetus is an issue, but again, one involving an undesired immune response, not immunodeficiency.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...

Of course, transfusion is a way of acquiring HIV. Also, immunoglobins can be transfused into patients needing them:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-igg-deficienc...

Fennario

#491520 Feb 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
In either case,[AIDS] would most likely have begun in straight men, spread through their sexual networks and eventually got into men who have sex with me.
Somebody was commenting on the worst typo ever. This one is pretty good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 18 min Brice N Livingston 10
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,526
What material is better for a bath mat? 2 hr Sam Jaundrell 2
How to get mildew smell out of laundry 2 hr Sam Jaundrell 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 3 hr Tater 550
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 hr Alt Right Lies 7,380
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr kent 681,789
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr nanoanomaly 123,515
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Huh 982,258
More from around the web