Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491467 Feb 20, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LW,
Your post reminded me of something.
Sense you like critters, bears and such.
When my Dad was a kid his cousins had a pet bear that would follower them around. They would swing out on a rope over the water and jump into it. The bear would come and jump right in there with them. Just thought you might like that.
HFN
Hi HFN;

lol they do like the water especially if they think they will find fish.I live high in the mountians and I never know what will wonder in here.One cannot sleep with a window open here at night cause they might end up with company crawling thru the window.Been afew that have been woke up to bear company inside the house.Never had a bear for a pet but have had other wild ones for pets over the years.I chased afew of them away from my house at night.They can get into mischeif and tare up things quick.I always watching the bears,deer,elk,racoons,squirre ls,ect just what ever wonders in.
Of course it is my fault they come as put out food and salt lick and have water tanks of water for them to use too.I have fruit trees the bears get into when the fruit falls or produces.They love thoses pears.lol.I have a squirrel on the place who is a peeping tom I call him buddy he get up on my window unit air conditioner and looks inside the window at me.lol.Yep sure do love those tame and wild critters.Thanks for the story bet that bear brought some good times.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491468 Feb 20, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your sugestion match global flood and division of earth and one kind of humans during Peleg Time
so called global rifts of continents creating today huge separate islands
all continents today are huge islands, but traditions .names,cultures match global civilization after flood of Noah,and earth divission so called continental rifts during short time after Noah flood and 3 originatade nations from Noah Sons;Sem Ham,Jafet
Thank you.
That is more sensible. Men's minds are "stuck" in false teachings of the "now".
mike

AOL

#491469 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You tell me Mike. How did the same exact names and characteristics wind up on opposite sides of the world 10's of thousands of years apart by 2 civilizations supposedly who never had any contact...ever?
I'll wait...
Thanks
I wouldn't be so quick as to claim, same exact names and characterists when language is a barrier, not to mention translation. Mankind has been known to forge documents for whatever reason.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#491470 Feb 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening lele, I want to ask you a question for the second time of which you nevered answered, what have Qu, Chris and myself have done or said for you to accuse us of bigotry and "hate filled speech"?, I honestly do not believe that you can forward a sensible and truthful answer to this question, and I am quite confident that you have seen my other post asking you this question as you always respond to every other post that I have aimed at you, well?.........
Here we go again- you and/or Qu melding someone I am in a mini
debate with into my distain for you and Qu..
Qu used Juicylu, USED being an excellent word..
And you're using Chris..

I do not have the history w either of them, as I do w you two..

And as far as your vile posts that upset me..they don't have to be directed
aiming towards me to set me off.. they simply have to be against
human kind in the Name of Christ..

See? Simple..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491471 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
And where did that void come from? Why don't other Buddhists experience it?
<quoted text>
I must not have been clear. My point about enculturation was not to argue that, once encultured, people are incapable of change. My point is that people are encultured to perceive their worldview is objectively real and to fail to understand that a majority of the ways in which they interpret and experience the world are actually subjective and not objective.
My example of this was sexuality. Western culture divides it into homo/hetero (w/a nod to bi), but most cultures do not share in this division. Sex, gender and sexuality are deeply meaningful ways of centering identity in the West - they are less meaningful, and so more blurred, in other cultures.
Likewise, even atheists in Christian culture retain tacit, Christian ways of understanding the world around them. Hence, American atheists find discussions about the nature of the universe, it's origins, and so on interesting. Japanese atheists don't - but Japanese atheists will still perform religious rituals as a public display without caring about belief.
<quoted text>
That's like a perfect sales pitch! What a lovely explanation - kind of like the psychic's "you have to believe for this to work" etc.
<quoted text>
You aren't using the definition of evolution I'm using, so we're not actually talking about the same thing here. You're more cor evolution and that would have nothing to do with Jesus Christ or the Holy spirit, but the underlying human experience of spirituality. Anyways, no worries. It's all good.
Yes it is all good.

When you say biological evolution, you talking theoretical. Because is really a theory that some micro-organism crawl out of the water and became human. Even then you would have to go back before that and believe gases appeared exploded turned into planets and somehow earth get the perfect environment for life. The Higgs Boson big discovery last yr rendered that theory dead.

That is why Buddhism became a void. Because the meditations aspects of Buddhism was quite spiritually intense, the teachings as sound as any religion, the discipline ethical and worthy, bottom line the philosophy is atheism, no personal creator. Huge void. Had to leave that alone and keep searching.

Jesus Christ filled that void and made perfect sense, and Jesus Christ affirmed my beliefs.

Sound like you saying what most people already know, that the Japanese are incredibly humble and accommodating.

What you saying about subjective/objective is just what society call Perception. Certain things are objective, hot, cold, a touchdown, a goal scored, some science, a car accident, etc, etc. Objective is related to the physical/visual.

Almost everything else is perception. How each person experience life is perception, because we are not robots. Everyone is unique. Even twins are unique. So YHWH God experience with each Jesus follower, will be different. Sure each Jesus follower can read the bible for themselves, read the same words, and sometimes come to the same meaning. But each Jesus follower level of growth in faith and walk with Jesus Christ is different.

So when you add Spiritual, to Perception, then that is a whole another level. Because now...and now this is about any religion, because I think most people in all religions, experience a god spiritually.

Then the question is, What is the Spiritual Perception of the Muslim, versus the Spiritual Perception of the Christian/Jesus follower?

Then you now come to Spiritual Warfare. Because is not the same spirit dominating the Sunni/Shiite Muslim that is Dominating the Jesus Follower.

No lady. There is no peace, only War. And you might think you is neutral because you is a freethinker, what you no realize is that, your unbelief, is also Spiritual. Just because you deny being spiritually dominated, no do anything to the truth that you are spiritually dominated, whether you know it or not.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#491472 Feb 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@ scaritual...I will even give you an example to help as you keep missing what I am asking. Lets say legal age of consent is 16.According to you adults who engage in consensual incest would be more likely to coerce a minor to try to indoctrinate them into that kind of sex.
I said there was a possibility it could happen.

I think your usage of the words "more likely" stems from the fact that incest happens among family members, and that would narrow the selection of available candidates to engage in incest, automatically. The import being is that all family members do not become legal adults on the same day in families. So, within a family, I have to make the assumption that has happened, and as I pointed out, it's better to err on the side of caution rather than ignore the possibility or assume it would never happen at all.

You do understand there is a difference in the distinction I have drawn, don't you?
Skombolis wrote:
Lets say the minor is 13 yrs old. You are suggesting between then and when they turn 16 the adults engaging in incest would be putting pressure on the kid to have sex with them when turning 16. Do you also think a gay couple engaging in consensual sex if they came across a gay youth at age 13 would try to coerce him and work on him so when he turns 16 he will have gay sex with them? You see one group as preditory towards children using coercion to hopefully reap the benefits when the minor becomes an adult.
No, I see no difference in an inclination towards incest with one or the other.
Skombolis wrote:
Why not both groups and what evidence do u base it on that adults have incest would try to coerce children for when they reach adulthood?
How about this?

"Josef Fritzl (born April 9, 1935), and that Fritzl had physically assaulted, sexually abused, and raped her numerous times during her imprisonment. The incestuous relationship forced upon her by her father resulted in the birth of seven children and one miscarriage." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

Child Sexual Abuse in the Church - "Though father-daughter sexual abuse account for 75% of incestuous relationships, we must not forget that sibling sexual abuse is also of concern"
http://www.directionjournal.org/article/...

"How should Christians respond to non-consensual incest relationships? Should the perpetrator be treated as a criminal and completely cast aside by the church? How should the church respond to consensual incest relationships?" http://www.revelife.com/724558457/incestuous-...

"One in three-to-four girls, and one in five-to-seven boys are sexually abused before they turn 18, an overwhelming incidence of which happenswithin the family. These statistics are well known among industry professionals, who are often quick to add, "and this is a notoriously underreported crime."
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2...

"Heterosexual men, who do not find sex with other men satisfactory, perpetrate most child sexual abuse. Many child molesters, even though they are heterosexual, abuse both boys and girls."
http://www.womensweb.ca/violence/incest/myths...

That gives a pretty decent picture of the concerns I've voiced.

It doesn't mean that will happen in all instances, but there is a possibility, no?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491473 Feb 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Animals want to be loved too :)
True SeRaH, true.
SeRaH

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#491474 Feb 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@scaritual...we are all good. Lets just chalk it up to emotions running high and i understand why my initial post would have added to that although we kind of started off bad from the get go. Let me just explain why im trying to make this point. I believe for the most part ppl are born gay or straght. However in rare cases such as prison somehow ppl can be socialized into engaging in gay sex. Although i think that is some bizarre result of options more than someone can be 'turned gay'.
If I'm not mistaken, within a prison setting, that is a show of dominance and social order within an environment that offers little opportunity for the members within that "society" to claim anything that is "owned" or they have control over, more than anything related to sex or sexual "satisfaction" as most people view a sexual relation as being.
Skombolis wrote:
I personally find incest unnatural and deviant. I am thinking u might as well. But because some ppl say the same about those who are gay I think wde have to be careful not to let our emotions cloud our judgement where we assume things like because they engage in unnatural acts it means they are a danger to children because it just gives ppl ammo to use the same argument. That was why i felt this was important 2 clarify there really is no reason to assume either group will try to prey on children by coercing them for future gain
I think my main thought is that within the human species, we will often abuse many things that when they aren't abused, are acceptable.

Food, money, power cars, etc...

So, I can see where two consenting adults should be able to engage in just about any behavior they choose between themselves, as long as they don't harm others, or abuse the rights of those unable to stand up for themselves and their rights.

That comment is not restricted to sexual expression alone.

Location hidden

#491475 Feb 20, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
I wouldn't be so quick as to claim, same exact names and characterists when language is a barrier, not to mention translation. Mankind has been known to forge documents for whatever reason.
I'm not a religionist Mike.
I have done lot's of research, and have no purpose in presupposition. Just looking for facts of civilization throughout world history.
Lore, myth, and religion are part of that...therefore indicators...just as geology, evolution, language, and technology are...

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Location hidden

#491476 Feb 20, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right
None of the human is able to fit Gods Definition Judgement others
I am born Vienna man in Austria, from papa german jew ancestors and mama greek slovac
creole are beauitful looking people?
white man are ugly,because have to many colors on their faces,lips,ears, hands etc..
I am mix, blond hair,blue eyes and carnation of body like lightly dark
sometimes I look like arian warrior in the stream of huge winds
have nice and blessed night mona me?
Bonsoir mon ami, my soulmate and I have been to Vienna many times,*Smiles* thank you for replying to my post I am honored. We are both multi-lingual. He is originally from Martinique his father is Senegalse/Egyptian and his mother is Greek. We have been married for eleven years (We have known eachother for fourteen). We Creoles are traditionally Catholic as I am my soulmate is not Creole but he is Francophone. Here is more information about my people.

http://www.frenchcreoles.com/CreolesWeAre.htm...

No person to me is ugly in physical appearance cher, the only ugliness is found in the heart and in the mind. If these are ugly so too shall the person be. May you have a blessed night as well and thank you for taking the time to talk to me. I would like to be your friend and I know my soulmate will as well. He is more formal than I am perhaps due to his upbringing.

Location hidden

#491477 Feb 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is all good.
When you say biological evolution, you talking theoretical. Because is really a theory that some micro-organism crawl out of the water and became human. Even then you would have to go back before that and believe gases appeared exploded turned into planets and somehow earth get the perfect environment for life. The Higgs Boson big discovery last yr rendered that theory dead.
That is why Buddhism became a void. Because the meditations aspects of Buddhism was quite spiritually intense, the teachings as sound as any religion, the discipline ethical and worthy, bottom line the philosophy is atheism, no personal creator. Huge void. Had to leave that alone and keep searching.
Jesus Christ filled that void and made perfect sense, and Jesus Christ affirmed my beliefs.
Sound like you saying what most people already know, that the Japanese are incredibly humble and accommodating.
What you saying about subjective/objective is just what society call Perception. Certain things are objective, hot, cold, a touchdown, a goal scored, some science, a car accident, etc, etc. Objective is related to the physical/visual.
Almost everything else is perception. How each person experience life is perception, because we are not robots. Everyone is unique. Even twins are unique. So YHWH God experience with each Jesus follower, will be different. Sure each Jesus follower can read the bible for themselves, read the same words, and sometimes come to the same meaning. But each Jesus follower level of growth in faith and walk with Jesus Christ is different.
So when you add Spiritual, to Perception, then that is a whole another level. Because now...and now this is about any religion, because I think most people in all religions, experience a god spiritually.
Then the question is, What is the Spiritual Perception of the Muslim, versus the Spiritual Perception of the Christian/Jesus follower?
Then you now come to Spiritual Warfare. Because is not the same spirit dominating the Sunni/Shiite Muslim that is Dominating the Jesus Follower.
No lady. There is no peace, only War. And you might think you is neutral because you is a freethinker, what you no realize is that, your unbelief, is also Spiritual. Just because you deny being spiritually dominated, no do anything to the truth that you are spiritually dominated, whether you know it or not.
As a buddhist you didn't hold Brahma as the supreme creator?

Location hidden

#491478 Feb 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Do Not Judge Others in Matthew 7.
Jesus declares that the person judging will be judged (v. 1) because judging assumes a divine prerogative; final judgment belongs to God alone, and those who seek to judge others now will answer then for usurping God's position. That is a very dangerous thing for Christians to do..
God Will Judge Us the Way We Judge Others (7:1-2)
By this point in the sermon, no one who has been taking Jesus' words "seriously" will feel much like judging anyone else anyway. Still, we humans tend to prefer applying ethics to other people rather than ourselves.
Jesus renders the point explicit in 7:1-5. We are objects of God's evaluation, and God evaluates most graciously the meek, who recognize God alone as judge.
Jesus warns us that even if we knew people's hearts, we would be in NO position to judge unless we had lived sinless lives, never needing God's forgiveness (vv. 3-5; compare 6:12, 14-15).
I think the only reasonable explanation of one believing
themselves
to be judge and jury.. is if their ego truly tells them so..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491479 Feb 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN;
lol they do like the water especially if they think they will find fish.I live high in the mountians and I never know what will wonder in here.One cannot sleep with a window open here at night cause they might end up with company crawling thru the window.Been afew that have been woke up to bear company inside the house.Never had a bear for a pet but have had other wild ones for pets over the years.I chased afew of them away from my house at night.They can get into mischeif and tare up things quick.I always watching the bears,deer,elk,racoons,squirre ls,ect just what ever wonders in.
Of course it is my fault they come as put out food and salt lick and have water tanks of water for them to use too.I have fruit trees the bears get into when the fruit falls or produces.They love thoses pears.lol.I have a squirrel on the place who is a peeping tom I call him buddy he get up on my window unit air conditioner and looks inside the window at me.lol.Yep sure do love those tame and wild critters.Thanks for the story bet that bear brought some good times.
I bet it did too LW. I’m not sure but I’m thinking something happened to its mom.

Your place sounds interesting.

I didn’t know bears especially like pears.

Of course some animals are best left alone as far as pets go but sometimes I like animals better than people. They are what they are with no put on. I’ve heard a bear and other animals (like lions etc…) can turn on you. I love deer. I like watching them jump a fence. They do it so effortlessly and gracefully. Raccoons are also cute. We use to see this one, I called Rocky the Raccoon, at Cades Cove every time we went there. I suspect the red wolves killed him.
Enjoy your critters!
HFN

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491480 Feb 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
So, I can see where two consenting adults should be able to engage in just about any behavior they choose between themselves, as long as they don't harm others,
deleted some of ur post 4 space.Prison has some strange subcultures. Imo prison rape is about power and dominance. However many do engage is consensual same sex acts for the gratification. In fact those gay coming into prison that way are often pimped out by the gangs for cash and in return are protected and a lot of their clients were straight coming in. I cant explain how the lack of options causes some to go that route but i have never heard of free men being 'turned gay' so the incerceration has to play a role. but under normal circumstances i dont believe ppl chose who they are attracted to, they r just born that way. and i tend to feel the same about consensual acts. if it isnt harming others or others werent harmed prior then to each their own within reason. I have my own stuff to deal with anyway

Location hidden

#491481 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a buddhist you didn't hold Brahma as the supreme creator?
Bonsoir mon ami, Brahma is the supreme Godhead in the Hindu faith. Along with Vishnu and Krishna they form a trinity. Siddhartha Gautama was viewed as a heretic in his day and time because his beliefs were not theist-centered but rather in Theraveda Buddhism there is an adage: work out your own salvation with diligence. We learned much about Buddhism when we were in Thailand I admire Buddhists for their pacifism and inner-calm something which I believe is sadly lacking in the Christian faith, at least this is my humble opinion.

Location hidden

#491482 Feb 20, 2013
Edit scaritual....I would add that while I believe strongly in equal rights part of it isnt altrustic and is also about precedent. I can say right now if some other religion tried telling me what I can and cant do within society based on adherence to their beliefs they would have a war on their hands. And i also realize some things are subjective.. I boxed growing up. What if some religion said that was forbidden? Or Christians that take Genisis literally believe the earth was repopulated thru incest an that was ok cus they believe it wouldnt cause defects like today. But my point is there is no moral objection being made. There are so very few moral absolutes. Something I may personally find disturbing may also be none of my business. Although i will say I find marrying for love gay or straight to be more moral than pretending to love them for their money.And i dont want the role of judge and dont want ppl judging me. If its consensual and nobody is being hurt as far as im concerned its between them and God

Location hidden

#491483 Feb 20, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right
None of the human is able to fit Gods Definition Judgement others
I am born Vienna man in Austria, from papa german jew ancestors and mama greek slovac
creole are beauitful looking people?
white man are ugly,because have to many colors on their faces,lips,ears, hands etc..
I am mix, blond hair,blue eyes and carnation of body like lightly dark
sometimes I look like arian warrior in the stream of huge winds
have nice and blessed night mona me?
Bonsoir mon ami, I meant to say Senegalese, have a wonderful night.

Location hidden

#491484 Feb 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the only reasonable explanation of one believing
themselves
to be judge and jury.. is if their ego truly tells them so..
Bonsoir Le_Le I believe the ego is one of the worst traits we as human beings can have along with apathy and pride.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491485 Feb 20, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it did too LW. I’m not sure but I’m thinking something happened to its mom.
Your place sounds interesting.
I didn’t know bears especially like pears.
Of course some animals are best left alone as far as pets go but sometimes I like animals better than people. They are what they are with no put on. I’ve heard a bear and other animals (like lions etc…) can turn on you. I love deer. I like watching them jump a fence. They do it so effortlessly and gracefully. Raccoons are also cute. We use to see this one, I called Rocky the Raccoon, at Cades Cove every time we went there. I suspect the red wolves killed him.
Enjoy your critters!
HFN
Bears like fruit period.They also will pick up the most stinkin stuff to eat the stinker the teaster for them if it rotten they love it.A dumpster bear is the most dangerous cause they have no fear of humans.Bears are a lazy critter they look for food that they do not have to hunt now they do hunt but they got to be mighty hunger to do so.A mamma bear with cubs that is a no mess with them at all cause she will attact.It is best to keep a good distance away from any of them cause never know what on the mind or how hunger they are.They look at humans as part of the food chain.They crawl up in a tree and drape over a hugh limb to sleep during the daytime.The female will give birth to babies in the den in the wintertime.A bear will make a circle if he thinks he can get in closer to a pry or pick up something to eat.If it makes a kill always eats the guts first and return the next evening to feed again.Some can weight from 300 to 500 lbs.lol they not chosey where they leave droppings either.They do not like loud nose such two pans being banged together or firecraker nosie.Our neighbors dog will tree a racoon once in awhile.Racoons will kill a small dog too for food chain.I have five small dogs I keep close eye on all the time and bring them in at night when the racoons hunt mostly.Yep know what you mean about the wild things but there is a special beauty to them.The Red foxes got into my hen house and finished them off but that is the risk one takes where I live.People think me nuts when I say tis safer to live around the wild critters then to deal with people.I understand the critters better than I do people.But I am a loner so that is probably another reason for lovin the critter as I do.

Location hidden

#491486 Feb 20, 2013
@SCARITUAL...responding to the post about the daughter being raped by the father. I agree things like opportunity, proximity, parental influence, etc will help aid those whose mindset is to commit immoral and illegal acts. I dont think someone's sexual proclivities in and of themselves makes someone more likely to abuse a child. Not to be gross but there are straight couples who defecate on one another. Is that worse than incest? I honestly dont even want to think about it.In a perfect world anything that may even possibly increase a risk to a child id like to eliminate but the slippery slope scares me as does the subjectivity. kids with parents who drink too much or are neglectful or emotionally abusive are at risk prob more. It sucks but i think we gotta just go by innocent till proven guilty and can only get involved if theres been damage. Personally i those that can harm children, especially their own, are in a catagory of their own regardless of anything else. But pretty sure were on the same page now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Gods r Delusion x... 673,296
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Rob Ford Sr 286,296
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Catcher1 104,723
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr _Drifter 981,314
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr _Drifter 4,052
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 2 hr Peter Ross 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,813
More from around the web