“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#491350 Feb 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the lady in that video Le Le? The guy was right on, you either stand on the word or you don't. Of note was when he was told to sit down and shut up. How long before the gov sides with those that claim tolerance then use the force of law to shut down voices?
Good evening Chris, always good to see you in here, how's your healing coming along?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#491351 Feb 20, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/police-add-more-confusi... Starting to sound like Pistorious may be getting out of jail afterall. And he didn't even need Johnnie Cochran and the Dream Team!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#491352 Feb 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that- Christ said "it is finished" and then he released His spirit, for His job here on earth was done..-then I asked why won't you (Qu) let it be done??
Did Christ then realease a disclaimer somewhere saying- it is finished UNTIL this group of believers pick up where I left the cross,
and decide who is worthy of my Love and who is not?
-Did Jesus leave you and so many others the right to judge other's "sins" as you all do?
I am saddened by what I see as pure hate in Jesus' Name. Please do not think other wise.
I am sincerely happy for your wife that she was able to defeat heron.. That is a huge accomplishment and she deserves to be applauded for it. I have witnessed what happens to young adults terrified to "come out of the closet' and be who they were born to be, because there is an extremely militant sect of Christianity literally
wanting them wiped off the face of this earth.. It's not pretty and it's got NOTHING to do w Christ's Love, Chris.
In my questions to you, that was an honest question- does your wife believe the thoughts and actions of these believers played a part in her need to turn to heroin??
I am not a bigot towards Christians, Chris. I am a bigot towards hate speach and inequality.
You seem so very angry..Is that what Christianity does for you?
Good evening lele, I want to ask you a question for the second time of which you nevered answered, what have Qu, Chris and myself have done or said for you to accuse us of bigotry and "hate filled speech"?, I honestly do not believe that you can forward a sensible and truthful answer to this question, and I am quite confident that you have seen my other post asking you this question as you always respond to every other post that I have aimed at you, well?.........

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#491353 Feb 20, 2013
chill out pls wrote:
Hello everyone! I haven't been here in a long while and just wanted to pop in to say hi. All is very well with me and I hope all is well with everyone here.
Hey Chill ~ good to see you in here :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491355 Feb 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that.
I don't need a "grain of salt" though. My problem is a more fundamnetal one: I don't believe in the supernatural. I don't believe in any gods, let alone an antichrist or the devil. I'm not discriminating against your belief system or any other one. I don't believe in the supernatural, period. This of course includes gods, but also includes witches, ghosts, astrology, Santa Claus, hexes, psychics, step-on-crack-break-your-mothe r's-back, anything in the realm of the supernatural.
Grains of salt do have value.I think we as people have all different kinds of beleifs.I often said,It is ones own personal walk,only we can do our own walk and no one can do it for us.Much like being born and facing death only the individual can do that walk.I do not come here to convert anyone that is God job He sees the heart.I come to share.I beleive a lot of differently than most so that is why most cannot see the whisper in the wind.Just is the way it is.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#491356 Feb 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Serah (as it is here) sounds like you are very pre-occupied with positive plans and thinking, and may the Lord Jesus be your guide and Bless your noble efforts as what the world truly needs is Christ Jesus and what he taught and has to offer.
May many Blessings continue to be yours my friend.(:
Thank You Lawest100 :0) and ditto to your posting :)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491357 Feb 20, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/police-a dd-more-confusion-oscar-pistor ius-case-234828693--oly.html Starting to sound like Pistorious may be getting out of jail afterall. And he didn't even need Johnnie Cochran and the Dream Team!
that so sad and tragic on so many levels.

he disgrace the olympics, he disgrace nelson mandela, he disgrace s.africa, he destroy a young girl with her whole life ahead of her, and he destroy himself.

he fall from so high so fast I no know if he know what hit him yet.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491358 Feb 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, obviously you don't hear back from GOD!
ROFLMAO

You hear hearing those 'voices' again ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491359 Feb 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it is in our DNA?
Like Down's and Fragile X Syndromes ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491360 Feb 20, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You're welcome. Let's not get it twisted, though.
The prohibition wasn't solely against the act just because the act proved one idolatrous, or was only associated with an idolatrous practice. Even though this is the case at Romans 1, it's still written that these people were given up to "vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly." Regardless of the reason these people chose to behave as such doesn't change the fact that the practice was considered unnatural and unseemly.
Like the eating of horse, dog or cat in the USA.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#491361 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. It is in a text that was rejected by the Jews and Chrisitans alike.
Christianity is a religion that bases much of it's "Word of God" on things that it claimed were NOT the "Word of God".
That's pretty interesting. Where did the whole 1/3rd of all the angels thing come from?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491362 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that was a misinterpretation of an actuality. One probably handed down through many generations, of a group that were indeed different from common people who were incapable of their physical and mental stature, and therefor thought of as "supernatural". Scripture and other ancient writings bear out their existence in actuality.
[ANG] was a race of individuals who possessed a shimmering blue radiance, superior knowledge, and the ability to become transparent and even invisible to the common people throughout history...one going back at least 60,000 years. Take the story of Abraham and Sodom for example. The characteristics are identical(just 1 instance). As related, they were ANG/[EL]=the shimmering/glowing messengers of EL(god), and were recognized immediately for who and what they were by Abraham... and at that, had abilities above and beyond that of the common people(including the chosen Abraham himself).
Both the Greek and Hebrew words translated as "Angel" simply mean "divine messenger" there is no reason to believe they were more than human.

Another case of making words mean whatever one wants...usually far from what the original author intended.

"Moby Dick was a USO" LOL

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491363 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong... Australia?
"HIV transmission in Australia occurs primarily through sexual contact between men. Around 65% of people newly diagnosed with HIV in 2009 were among men who have sex with men; 28.7% were exposed through heterosexual contact; 2.3% were due to injecting drug use; and a further 3% were men with a history of both injecting drug use and sex with other men."
http://www.avert.org/aids-hiv-australia.htm
Good point. Allow me to rephrase as "Wealthy countries show differing patterns of HIV transmission than impoverished ones."

Second, the important phrase above is "sexual contact between men." Homosexuality is a sexual identity that involves more than just same sex sex. Importantly, straight men sometimes engage in same sex sex - this happens in prisons, on sports teams and police forces, etc. Where ever you find an absence of one sex and some sort of hierarchy among the men.

That's why US prisons have 5X the public rates of HIV - lots of unprotected sex going on, since most jails don't offer condoms to inmates. I don't specifically know about Australia, but would guess a similar situation in its prisons.

Here's a question for you: why do men seek out lots of unprotected sex?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491364 Feb 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Unicorns are in the Bible, and Satan is a dragon, in the Bible.
A Christian may very well believe in the existence (past or present) of unicorns and at least one dragon.
Wow! My mistake.

Any Christians care to comment on whether they believe in Unicorns or dragons?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#491365 Feb 20, 2013
I strongly suspect my neighbor is a witch. She's old, ugly, and has a large cauldron in her back yard. Sometimes at night I can see heavy smoke billowing up from above the fence. When I see her, she gives me the evil eye. It could be because of how many times I've alerted the homeowners association about her violations, but it's more likely that she knows that I am a Christian, and hates me for it, as witches must, for who they work for (Satan!!!).

I receive a newspaper every Sunday. I pay in advance, and I always pick it up out of the yard soon after it's arrival. Last Sunday, I walked out to my front yard to discover no Sunday newspaper. At least, there wasn't one in my yard, but there did appear to be one on my neighbor's porch, so my first thought was, "Oh, well, mine should be around here somewhere too." I looked everywhere. I walked out to the mailbox, surveyed the area, then I looked back to the house to check the roof. Nothing.

I began to think, "I don't recall ever seeing a newspaper delivered to my neighbor. The old hag probably can't even read." I sat on my front porch rocking chair and I rocked, and I thought, and I rocked, and I thought. "I bet that's MY newspaper.", I said quietly to myself.

I stood up, resolute, and walked directly towards my neighbors shabby porch, avoiding the thorny bushes and broken pottery. Quietly as a mouse, I bent over, checked to make sure that the newspaper was the one I subscribe to, found that it was, and picked it up. Satisfied that this must be my newspaper, I tucked it under my arm and began to stroll, quite leisurely, back towards my own property, when suddenly I heard a loud creak. It was the alarming squeal of a heavy door on rusty old hinges. My spine tingled, my hair stood on end, my face turned to chalk, and I shakily turned around.

"What do you think you're doing with MY newspaper?", the shrill old voice queried. There she was, standing at the doorway, and holding an old broom no less. I would have laughed had I not been so afraid.

"Um, no, see this is my newspaper.", I answered, almost sure that I had said the wrong thing. I reached up with my left hand and took the end of the newspaper, not quite sure yet what I was going to do. As she scowled at me, I began to illustrate the situation as I saw it. Her face grew tighter and tighter as I spoke. Clearly she was not amused, and quite frankly, I was close to crying just from being stared down.

Before I could find the words to escape the situation, she lifted her wrinkly old finger and did something I'll never forget. She placed a curse on me!

It took me a few moments to realize what she was doing, but as soon as I did, I dropped that newspaper, and I ran, sprinted rather, back to my own house, not bothering to look back as I lunged in through the front door. I kind of slid in, and shut the door with a kick from a scampering position.

I can't tell you what I dreamt about that night. I could, but won't... can't.

I awoke thinking the whole thing was rather silly, until I opened the door to leave for work. There on the porch was a newspaper. I thought for a moment that this might be my actual newspaper, delivered a day late, but when I opened it, I knew better.

Written in, what I can only assume was blood, were the details of the curse that was cast upon me. I felt sick. My nightmares had not prepared me for at all. My only consolation was written very clearly on top of the comics, "Blaspheme the Holy Spirit, Christian, and I will lift this curse."

Needless to say, I called in sick, though I didn't elaborate to my boss. I went into my study, locked the door, and began to panic, sweat, cry, and pee my pants a little. I'm not ashamed. You'd pee your pants too if you had read what I read... in blood!

After a fresh change of clothes, I decided to consult the Bible for guidance. A few hours of reading finally gave me what I was looking for. I never saw smoke coming from my neighbor's yard again, I mean, you know, after...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491366 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Of course we are. We are "gods", and "god" is us...only not the way it is portrayed on the religionist sense. IMO
Agreed.

Heard a Rabbi give a good story of why and how we are 'gods". It centered on creative vs creator motifs. Very enlightening.

I think what scares most people about their deities is that they are too much like themselves.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#491367 Feb 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that so sad and tragic on so many levels.
he disgrace the olympics, he disgrace nelson mandela, he disgrace s.africa, he destroy a young girl with her whole life ahead of her, and he destroy himself.
he fall from so high so fast I no know if he know what hit him yet.
Be quiet,Shrink.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491368 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn to read a chart.
Total homosexual HIV 28,782
Total homosesual w/IV use 1,443
Total heterosexual HIV 12,875
Total non-sexual IV use HIV 3,766
30 gay to 15 straight
Your arguement crumbles at your feet.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/ba...
It's actually not "gay to straight" but same sex sexual contact to opposite sex sexual contact. The men who have sexual encounters with men slot includes sexual violence and prisons.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491369 Feb 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may ask, what do you mean when you say you were "on the path to" homosexuality?
Possibly, like most people at some point in their life, he had a "crush" on someone of the same sex.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491370 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Europe, where sex is a lot more liberal homo-, bi-, hetero-... holding even.
40% Aids transmission through hetero and 39% Aids transmissiion through homo.
http://www.avert.org/hiv-aids-europe.htm
Thank you Qu! You're backing up my point about HIV traveling along the lines of discrimination.

There you go - well done! You see what I mean? Our societies (almost all human societies) set up unequal access to scarce resources (health, money, food, sex). Those with the least access are the most at risk for health issues - they get taken advantage of by those with access (African: men with money, women without), while being unable to afford or have the power to use the technologies that would protect them (condoms).

So HIV and TB and so on spread through these groups, highlighting where our inequalities lie. That's what HIV is - an indicator light that the affected population is living under unfair, structurally violent conditions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 558,679
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Rider on the Storm 175,480
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 6 min SobieskiSavedEurope 27
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 773,133
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min An NFL Fan 264,939
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min lovewithin 39,332
Rumored to sell off for 1 BILLION Hearthside Fo... 17 min CAL 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min Ratloder 119,618