“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491327 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The CDC says that HIV is twice as high in blacks as any other race.
So by your logic, most gays are black therefore blacks must be twice as hated by God.
You are making a case for the KKK, Quin.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/ba...
It is a socioeconomic problem, complicated by stigma and hatred. That is exactly what we see in Africa, and to a lesser degree right here in the US. Until these problems are addressed, we will not overcome these deterrents to society.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491328 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I opened the link and the first thing that I saw was the "Transmission Category" (that is, the aids transmission)... and according to those statistics male-to-male sexual contact by far, exeeds other types of aids transmission.
Male-to-male sexual contact: 28,782
Hetero sexual contact (the next highest number): 4,416
You were looking at American data. Hiding was discussing AIDS worldwide.

Also, you only listed the straight men getting AIDS. The totals for heteros was 12,875:

Male-to-male sexual contact......28,782 - 0 - 28,782
Heterosexual contacta..........4,416 - 8,459 - 12,875

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491329 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
One Third of all HIV cases are NOT related to homosexual activities according to the CDC:
It is a known fact that multiple blood transfusions develops antibodies which create the symptoms of immune deficiency(although it is not classified as HIV).

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#491330 Feb 20, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you got good signs on your top,
dreaming daily about dr Shrink,
Dr Shrink own you, never forget this,you are safe,and secure among all thos cyber atheistic psychopaths and maniacs
LOL

You dont have to tell me I have good signs on my top..........

Thanks Doc..........

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#491331 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Duane has lots of good comments. I learn a lot from him about matters Christian and with regards to history of the Bible. But when I correct him on science and anthropology, he gets so upset that, rather than explain his argument he attacks my character and misrepresents my position. This is now the third time he's done this and I won't accept it. I am a forgiving person - Catcher always chides me on this - but after three times? Not until I get an apology first.
He is a smart man, but at times when things are boring he may try to get under your skin alittle bit. Most of the times he means no harm, but he will challenge you to think outside the box. Of course, like the rest of us, he also has his flaws and I'm sure they get the best of him too. I sense you will both move past teh misunderstandings and the ugliness.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I'm not accomplished. Not sure where you get that idea from. I've done some good things for my department and my university, and I've contributed to my academic field - but barely. Just barely. I kind of think I'm a loser, to be honest.
Ok, so you're not accomplished, but I don't believe you should be calling yourself a loser either.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I learn every minute of every day.

As well you should.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Dogma stops learning.

What does it stop learning?
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Dogma destroys it, provides misleading, easy answers for you rather than real knowledge.

What is 'it'?

If it were dogma, I would probably be inclined to agree with you, but it isn't dogma, at least that's not teh way I view what I understand to be true.

What do you deem "real knowledge"? Not because you haven't seen or experienced something doesn't mean it isn't real.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Dogma makes you believe the illusions you hold dear equate to knowledge, makes you stop being self-reflexive (not reflective; I mean reflexive).
It might help you spiritually, in your specific religion, but dogma harms scientific knowledge.
What are these illusions in what I believe? I don't think you understand. Don't you believe it is better you ask questions first rather than assume?

CS.

Fennario

#491332 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.....Is that a Bear?
:-)
You don't need to be passive-aggressive with me. If you want to let me have it, please feel free. I'm sure that you believe that your god knows your mind already, and obviously, so do I. So shed your church lady persona for a moment, take off the girdle, let your hair down, and get it off your chest. I give you my permission and forgive you in advance.

Fennario

#491333 Feb 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the lady in that video Le Le? The guy was right on, you either stand on the word or you don't. Of note was when he was told to sit down and shut up. How long before the gov sides with those that claim tolerance then use the force of law to shut down voices?
How is it possible that Le_Le gets along with me better than several of her fellow Christians?

What do you care how she interprets her book? It's poetry, trope, allegory, parable, myth, and metaphor. No two of you agree completely about what it means. You're looking at verbal ink blots and discussing them like they were high resolution photographs.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#491334 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Of course we are. We are "gods", and "god" is us...only not the way it is portrayed on the religionist sense. IMO
the truly tragic thing about this is God is not withholding ANYTHING GOOD from us, including sharing His likeness & cosmos for eternity if we'll just trust Him and wait for our inheritance instead of demanding to be our own stubborn lil fallen gods right now

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491335 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. What does "into" Buddhism mean? You'll forgive me, but I find Western concepts of Buddhism to be a bit silly compared to what I witness here in Japan. I have two Buddhist monk friends - close friends - who each have their own temple.
It kind of suggests to me that you were raised in a Christian culture and thought Buddhism was really cool before finally settling on Christianity.
2. By encultured, I mean "brain development happened in culture X." Most of the atheists here are encultured to Christian culture. How they understand the world is deeply influenced by Christianity and the history of the West's engagement with Christianity. For example, almost all the atheists here see sexuality as homo/hetero, with a slight nod to bi. The ways of interacting between the genders, thinking about sex, having Christian themes prevalent in your media, etc - atheists who grew up in Christian culture understand all the imagery, themes and tacitly produce many of the mores and values.
Japanese atheists are very different than Western ones. The concept of sin is non-existent here. Things that you take for granted as normal, like something as simple as your swear words "God damnit" to common sense is done very differently. Buddhists don't debate, for example - but debate is central to Christianity.
3. The reason I don't subjectively experience your deity is b/c your deity isn't objectively real. It's the same reason you don't subjectively experience Thor.
Sure, Thor was real to the Norse and they subjectively experienced him - but they're all gone now and no one cares. Poor Thor. Just like them, you subjectively experience y that doesn't make your deity "the one, true god" that you "know" it to be, based on your misunderstandings about experience and evidence.
4. I have no doubt that the spiritual experiences of any belief system are profound. They're evolved to be, so that you can have special, non-mundane SHARED experiences with non-kin and thereby create strong social bonds.
Well done! Your adaptations work :)
1. True to an extent. I was a believer in Siddharta Gautama, until I started to question the atheistic beliefs of Buddhism and then it was not enough, there a huge void.

2. Thanks for sharing what atheists and freethinkers think about sex and what japanese think about sin. <shrugs> But it still no have anything to do with you point that just because a person is encultered or raised in a in a culture they have to stay with they culture they whole life. Christinity is a Religion, a Western Religion. Hinduism is from the East, Islam Africa and the middle East.

But many from those cultures are Jesus followers. There are many Christians that are not Jesus followers. But they are many Hindus that are not Christians, but do follow Jesus. So your original point is off.

3. Agree the The Spirit of YHWH referenced by Jesus Christ is not objective. If it was objective, faith not necessary. And YHWH states Faith must be the prime ingredient in following Jesus. It does not need to be objective, all is needed is for the Jesus follower to subjectively experience YHWH Spirit. The Jesus follower should be primarily concerned with saving themselves, the Jesus follower cannot save anyone, nor was the Jesus follower instructed by Jesus to save anyone. That job belongs to YHWH God. And that fine you no think Jesus Christ is the only way to YHWH God. As I say that not up to the Jesus follower to make you believe, that not our business.

4. I no know if the experience of the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ has [evolved]. Actually the early church in Acts as read in the bible reveals they had a more substantive and more powerful experience with the Holy Spirit. I no think spiritual experience [evolved]. That like saying YHWH has evolved. And YHWH no change. People might think the bible outdated, but YHWH word still mean what it say. So I no agree with you [evolve] statement about all spiritual experiences.

#491336 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to be passive-aggressive with me. If you want to let me have it, please feel free. I'm sure that you believe that your god knows your mind already, and obviously, so do I. So shed your church lady persona for a moment, take off the girdle, let your hair down, and get it off your chest. I give you my permission and forgive you in advance.
I'm sure Epi is sincere......She doesnt give in to the pettiness of topix. Always positive and upbeat..........

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#491337 Feb 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...'just testing'!
>>>BigSmile<< <
Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
Aah Brother... it is the making of us all!
Who can stand and witness???
It has been VERY hot, many bush-fires and heavy weathering from cyclones, hurricanes...
South Pacific is that time of year also.
But then again you are FREEZING!
Geng Irrira, I think we have tested one another enough and we both have passed, yes we have had some freezing mornings here the last few days, and I long for spring, wish we could bottle a little of that heat you are experiencing right now, anyway stay Blessed my sister.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491338 Feb 20, 2013
Good evening everyone.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491339 Feb 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Geng Irrira, I think we have tested one another enough and we both have passed, yes we have had some freezing mornings here the last few days, and I long for spring, wish we could bottle a little of that heat you are experiencing right now, anyway stay Blessed my sister.
I have a bad tendency to skip words and hit the wrong keys on the keyboard, that should read..........GOOD EVENING IRRIRA.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491340 Feb 20, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, we had a blessed day indeed.
Bonsoir mon amie, and I hope you had another one today and for many many more ahead.

Blessings.

#491341 Feb 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a bad tendency to skip words and hit the wrong keys on the keyboard, that should read..........GOOD EVENING IRRIRA.
LOL..........Thats the worst typo I think I've ever seen on topix..........

;o)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491342 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why cite them to me?
<quoted text>
That is, your bible can be taken hundreds of ways, but at face values is not one of them. Is that what you mean by discernment?
<quoted text>
Hindu culture? In every culture - yours, too.
It says to hate them - not disagree with them, not ignore them, and not leave them, but to hate them.
And it doesn't say anything about family needing to do anything to be hated, does it? I suspect that merely being an unbeliever is enough.
whats is of value, is that the Jesus follower knows in that verse Jesus no mean hate them for no reason. you might see that it mean hate, that is you.

some verses can be read at face value, some need spiritual discernment.

why cite them to you? you the one go find verse in luke, elaborate on it and was so far off I no know how you not embarrassed.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491343 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
You Father are not unjust to forget my work and labor of love which I have shown toward Your name, in that I have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Please give me the desire to show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that I do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. In Jesus name I pray, Amen (Hebrews 6)
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491344 Feb 20, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..........Thats the worst typo I think I've ever seen on topix..........
;o)
The worst?.........and why is that pray tell?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491345 Feb 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, good Happy Mid Evening, Lawest100; it is just after 9pm and today has been one of expectation overload. I thought that your posting was just the perfect post to reply to, because of the happiness you displayed. Far and few between in here these days, but once upon a time, as you may recall, our postings were of substance filled with meaning, more so than postings filled with insults and arguments.
So, you may recall that I have been thinking of running Spiritual Workshops, teaching people how to seek the energy of the Universe, and showing them how these messages of today link in with our Holy Bibles'.
Cutting a long story short, I think GOD has given me the opportunity to set something up, five minutes from my work and rented by one of our suppliers. It will save me petrol for two days a week, or more (plus nearly 2 hours a day driving), and I can set it up exactly as I feel suits the (need).
I haven't yet discussed the business opportunity yet, but have discussed the place/home for rent, and I have no doubts things would fit into the plans that were set some time ago. I might even work on my book LOL,'cause I would like to go back to the no TV scenario. Maybe make some Dream Catchers again :)
GOD Bless, and HE never ceases to amaze me....
Good evening Serah (as it is here) sounds like you are very pre-occupied with positive plans and thinking, and may the Lord Jesus be your guide and Bless your noble efforts as what the world truly needs is Christ Jesus and what he taught and has to offer.

May many Blessings continue to be yours my friend.(:
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#491346 Feb 20, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/jesse-jackson-jr-pleads... Ah,yes,like daddy,like son. Daddy cheated on moma and made a baby with one of his secretaries,so why should anyone be surprised that sonnyboy done followed in dad's feetsteps??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 837,252
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 4,159
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min karl44 589,466
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Aura Mytha 271,276
MARCUS ALLEN is the REAL REASON Orenthal murder... 55 min Doctor REALITY 1
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 56 min Landasok 346
Why are white people so hateful, emptyminded an... (Sep '10) 1 hr Johnny 183
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lisw 176,826
More from around the web