Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491255 Feb 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I glad about that LW, cause you had me REALLY scratching my head yesterday... jaumpin' grasshoppers woman, I hardly knows you!
LUV U2
And the rain descended and the flock came,and the winds blew,and beat upon that house.and it fell not;for it was founded upon a rock.Matthew 7:25

Hope you are well,happy,content and blessed.God bless.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491256 Feb 20, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Hidingfromyou wrote:
@ Skombolis - this is what I meant when I wrote "meticulous is a defining feature of IANS, allowing few to argue against him." You can see how he's able to demonstrate the development of your thought processes here (created by the engagement and the generative nature of writing).
Thank you kindly.

I was hoping to offer an example of what Dim doesn't do: support his claims with quotes and links for all to see and judge for themselves rather than simply say, "You are a liar because I remember it differently."

I had a second motive: to make it crystal clear to the Christians posting here that Dim is wrong. I thought that I had done that, but then NoStress4me wrote, "and Skom told me respectfully that I had not read the beginning of the discussion so I did not understand what the discussion was about. A few posts later there was a link to a discussion taking place on a different thread, so I assumed that I truly did not have all of the facts. I personally will not say that someone is wrong, unless I have all of the facts."

"Skom" told him respectfully? LOL. Dim lied and diverted again. I wanted to make the sequence of events clear so that there can be no doubt what Dim is guilty of. I had been patient and cooperative with him, but you saw the result.

Let's see how many Christians step up and say to Dim that he is wrong and owes me what I am entitled to - his request for forgiveness for his disgusting slanders. I predict at most two.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491257 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
At the very best, the book describes a creature that does not share in human morality. In any other case, it simply reflects its human authors.
Agreed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491258 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
RR, you're not this stupid. First, you erased my second sentence, which read "If science promotes adherence to dogmatic belief, it would also promote ignorance."
Second, I'll go slowly. What is "dogmatic belief" and how does it function?
A: dogmatic belief is the strict adherence to a belief system, regardless of evidence.
Science progresses b/c it specifically lacks dogma. No one says "you must all believe X and never, ever question X again!" That's not science. If you want, you can test X to try to disprove it.
Exactly.
Isn't that the point we bumped heads on even while actually agreeing with each other ? <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491259 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
In America.
Correct. The CDC was referencing only USA cases.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#491260 Feb 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't ignore Hiding's posts.
In fact, you should read them at least twice.
You might just learn something.
Just a head's up.
What I've learned thus far... is that if one is gay in the U.S...(especially gay african-americans) with all of our technology and all of our sexual awareness tips... that a homosexual and bisexual has an extremely better chance to get the HIV virus that leads to AIDS than heteros. And that heterosexual women have a higher incidence of HIV/AIDS as men are twice as likely to pass it on to females rather than the other way around.

Oh.. and I learned a little bit regarding SA from HFY. It wasn't hard to figure out that situation. What are your thoughts on NAMbLA? Uh, never mind..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#491261 Feb 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call that beast with four faces from Ezekiel?
Dr. Shrink..........

Jus kiddin wit ya Shrinkster..........

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491262 Feb 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call that beast with four faces from Ezekiel?
My point is, Christians are liable to believe anything.
Yep.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#491263 Feb 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
And the rain descended and the flock came,and the winds blew,and beat upon that house.and it fell not;for it was founded upon a rock.Matthew 7:25
Hope you are well,happy,content and blessed.God bless.
This post is much better than all the ones yesterday where god was killing people for their various misdeeds.

That was depressing. The house standing up to the storm is a picker-upper.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#491265 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>What I've learned thus far... is that if one is gay in the U.S...(especially gay african-americans) with all of our technology and all of our sexual awareness tips... that a homosexual and bisexual has an extremely better chance to get the HIV virus that leads to AIDS than heteros. And that heterosexual women have a higher incidence of HIV/AIDS as men are twice as likely to pass it on to females rather than the other way around.
Oh.. and I learned a little bit regarding SA from HFY. It wasn't hard to figure out that situation. What are your thoughts on NAMbLA? Uh, never mind..
Have you also learned about enculturation?

There will be a test at the end of this, you know.

“Saved. ”

#491266 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It completely removes HIV/AIDS from the homosexual "sin" arguement.
I have no issue with theological opinions on sexual matters. I just like to keep the facts correct.
I understand about statistical facts... but from another worldview I was thinking about this scripture earlier from Uncle Paul... not sure if this is in regards to the disease or some other future judgment but thought it a bit frightening on that last part:

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." Romans 1:27

I always wondered what that penalty was...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491268 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 491181
<quoted text>
Thank you kindly.
I was hoping to offer an example of what Dim doesn't do: support his claims with quotes and links for all to see and judge for themselves rather than simply say, "You are a liar because I remember it differently."
I had a second motive: to make it crystal clear to the Christians posting here that Dim is wrong. I thought that I had done that, but then NoStress4me wrote, "and Skom told me respectfully that I had not read the beginning of the discussion so I did not understand what the discussion was about. A few posts later there was a link to a discussion taking place on a different thread, so I assumed that I truly did not have all of the facts. I personally will not say that someone is wrong, unless I have all of the facts."
"Skom" told him respectfully? LOL. Dim lied and diverted again. I wanted to make the sequence of events clear so that there can be no doubt what Dim is guilty of. I had been patient and cooperative with him, but you saw the result.
Let's see how many Christians step up and say to Dim that he is wrong and owes me what I am entitled to - his request for forgiveness for his disgusting slanders. I predict at most two.
You lie so much people would literally have to copy every one of your posts and save them and put them in some sort of order.

And even still it wouldn't matter because they you do things like claim you denied it because someone said proof not evidence but didn't tell anybody that till way later and after being challenged on it.

You do things like deny you feel all or most Christians are indoctrinated and then deny a post showing you think they are indoctrinated actually says that when anybody can see it does

You claim things like saying Christians don't need to feel bad or make amends to those they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness, admit only Christians with bad character would do this and admit your post was directed towards all Christians yet claim it wasn't a negative implication towards Christians

You lie all the time dude. And you want to talk about reading comprehension?

SKOM SAID

"I just read another posts of yours deducing Christians would believe God gives people cancer?"

Notice I said you think CHRISTIANS believe that. Yet how do you respond? Like I was saying you believe that and claiming I paraphrased you wrong

IANS said:

"You mangled that - again. You do that almost every time that you paraphrase me. Another poster said that man caused the cancer, and although I didn't completely agree, I didn't argue the point. I said that your god allowed it"

Yes you sure are quite the orator and debater (rolls eyes). I actually ignore stuff like this a decent amount because it is petty to bring up every time you misunderstand which is a lot. But I will call attention to your deliberate lies. And I guarantee people can see them

“Saved. ”

#491269 Feb 20, 2013
Welp, due to time constraints I'm gonna have to catch up l8tr as I missed a lot of posts... will try to get to them l8tr or 2morrow. One song and Audi.

Take care.

:)

“Saved. ”

#491271 Feb 20, 2013
The Son of God Music Ministry
He Will Increase

Snippet from comment section of video:

"Thanks for drawing me close to you when I was gay, totally lost in homosexuality, with no hope, no vision and&#65279; with lots of anxiety.
Thank you for healing me and removing homosexuality from my life. Jesus is the best!
Merry Christmas to my brothers and sisters."

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#491273 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
I understand about statistical facts... but from another worldview I was thinking about this scripture earlier from Uncle Paul... not sure if this is in regards to the disease or some other future judgment but thought it a bit frightening on that last part:
"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." Romans 1:27
I always wondered what that penalty was...
In context, the penalty was death as prescribed in the law of Moses. Paul's mention was past-tense. And he was referring to the practices that were associated with idolatry. In conclusion, though, that was the "recompence of their error which was meet."

Location hidden

#491274 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't owe me one.
<quoted text>
I don't recall that, but if true, then you did better than most of
Dim has called me a liar claiming that I have reversed myself about the possibility of the existence of creator gods based on a misunderstanding of what the word "nope" was denying. This saga begins at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... :
Dim wrote: "This is the first time I have ever seen you say you allow for the possibility there is a creator god but you would need proof."
IANS corrected: "No. I would need evidence best accounted for by the an intelligent designer."
On the very next post at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... we read this:
Dim wrote: "I understand you would require proof. I don't as faith is enough for me.(T) Peace"
IANS wrote: "Evidence, not proof."
A few posts later at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... this:
Dim wrote: "you need to believe you are the highest form of life and intelligence and in control of everything unless someone can conclusively prove to you otherwise?"
IANS wrote: "Why do you post that? How many times have I contradicted it?" [followed by two examples correcting "proof" and trying to restore concepts like evidence and probability, something apparently too nuanced for him to wrap his head around]
Soon thereafter comes this at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Dim wrote: "Of that we can not prove."
IANS: "You need to lose that word for two reasons: First, the right phrase is "compelling evidence," not "proof." Very little is provable."
Then this at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Dim wrote: "And yet it can't prove that."
IANS replied "Prove? Can't we make even a little progress?"
Now let's reconsider this comment at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... that Dim keeps using as evidence that I am a liar:
Dim wrote: "You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded: "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
And now Dim is calling me a liar based on my "Nope," which he insists was a denial of the possibility of a creator god after admitting of the possibility, something I never did.
After I denied his claim, he posted, "Since that is exactly what he had said in a prior post and then denied it how is that not a lie?" at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Now you know. I have been patient with him and explained myself repeatedly until I realized that he was unteachable. And he has slandered me for my efforts. Dim is out of line. Will you stand up and say so again? Will any Christian?
Let me emphasize again that I am not so much in need of apologies as I am interested in commenting on Christian values in practice. I hear so much about how they appear on paper, but what I experience in life is radically different, and my purpose is illuminating that discrepancy. Dim is an idiot and a slanderer,and the Christian community complacently condones it despite my exhortations for them to take a stand.
LOL

Why did you omit all the post of me saying What? You have said repeatedly you believe in creator gods?

And why did you omit the posts where I ask you over and over again to explain why you lied and people made excuses for you?

Only after you were trapped in a corner and had to come up with something did you settle on saying you denied it because I said "evidence" not "proof"

You are such a liar dude!!

You intentionally left out like half a dozen posts to make it seem like you simply answered and addressed the two different words! You lied, stuck to it, remained silent, and finally came up with that lame excuse!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491275 Feb 20, 2013
"For God so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.''--John 3:16.

Someone has told this beautiful and wonderful story:

Long ago, before the days of railways, people could travel only on horseback or by rumbling stagecoach. The arrival of the coach in town or village was a great event. As Harry, a bright but careless boy, came out of school, he waited to see the visitors get out of the stagecoach. Among them was a queer-looking man who swayed from side to side as he walked. Harry laughed aloud and imitated the funny walk of the stranger to the rest of his chums. When he reached home, his father said, "Come into this room and see a dear old friend of mine. "

Harry was glad to go, but oh, how ashamed he felt! There sat the stranger who had arrived on the stagecoach and at whom he had laughed. But the gentleman smiled and was very kind.

Then Harry's father told his son that when he (Harry) was quite little. he (the father) had fallen into the canal. A stranger plunged in to save him, but it left him crippled for life.

Harry flushed when he thought of his own bad behavior toward a man who had saved his father's life.

The Lord Jesus has more than risked His life to save you from sin. He gave Himself. Oh, such a cruel death He died upon the cross! He "gave himself a ransom for ALL."

Location hidden

#491276 Feb 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe I didn't make clear that my comment addressed coercion of minor children within a family, to accept a consensual incestuous relationship >once they reach adulthood<.
"
WOW

So you when you said they would try to coerce children within a family what you really meant what the total opposite and would engage in an adult consensual relationship once the child reached adulthood?!

LOL

So it went from coercing children to have sex which is rape to a consensual adult relationship!

It is unbelievable the games you guys play

Location hidden

#491277 Feb 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe I didn't make clear that my comment addressed coercion of minor children within a family, to accept a consensual incestuous relationship >once they reach adulthood<.
That would be different than consensual adult sex between non family members - since that wouldn't involve incest.
Let me look that up for you - right now.
Here's the conversation with Ar Ar:
RiversideRedneck wrote: What a minute here. I see... "Consenting adults" is fine as long as they aren't related, right?
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote: You're a hypocrite, dude.
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/topstor...
OH WAIT, I DID SAY AND SPECIFY EXACTLY THAT.
Your misunderstanding was due to your inability to comprehend what I did say.
Ar Ar got it.
You didn't.
<quoted text> I didn't respond to your post, because you were blathering on about what I understood to be your lack of comprehension about what I said.
I didn't see a post from G_O_D to myself concerning that post you are referencing.
Here's the post you made to myself:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/topstor...
See? You were blathering about things that > you thought I said< that I didn't say.
I didn't respond because, honestly, I thought:
"Holy crap, he couldn't follow instructions on how to strike a match."
<quoted text>
You mean the game of trying to decipher just exactly what it is that you don't understand and respond to?
<quoted text> No, I didn't remember a post you claimed I made - that I didn't make.
That post existed only in your mind.
<quoted text>
You mean the post I ignored that you made, since it was in error and I didn't want to highlight your babbling misunderstanding, and lack of comprehension.
<quoted text> Yeah, it's a pretty compassionate approach, and for myself, I don't like to highlight another persons incomprehension too much. But in this instance, you left me no other choice.
Do we need to beat this particular horse any longer?
One of my Drill Sergeants used to say:
"Every so often, you gotta pay the piper, and today that's me"
EDIT scaritual

I take it back, you did say "once they reach adulthood"

What is your logic on that. So you are saying they would rape children, they would instead pressure children as they were kids to make them more likely to have sex as adults?

What scientific basis do you have for saying that?

Granted it is a little different than raping them as children but not a whole lot better if you are saying they will indoctrinate them to the point that they will give into it upon reaching a legal age. To me that is really no different than rape

I am still admitting my error as I didn't see the part that said "once they reach adulthood", I just said they would "coerce children"

But do you think people who are gay do that? Find someone underage that is gay and indoctrinate them and coerce them so once they reach legal age they will engage in homosexual sex with them?

You are arguing semantics in my opinion. I do apologize for implying you were had been dishonest although my questions remain the same. Do you think people who are gay indoctrinate underage gay youth?

Location hidden

#491278 Feb 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW
So you when you said they would try to coerce children within a family what you really meant what the total opposite and would engage in an adult consensual relationship once the child reached adulthood?!
LOL
So it went from coercing children to have sex which is rape to a consensual adult relationship!
It is unbelievable the games you guys play
Edit 2 scaritual

So you are saying they would NOT rape children, they would instead pressure children as they were kids to make them more likely to have sex as adults?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 558,971
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min scaritual 773,828
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Rick in Kansas 265,010
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 36 min Concerned_American 2,421
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 54 min uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 175,536
Moses never existed 58 min paint happy 724
IRA fading away, analysts say (Sep '08) 1 hr mohamed the true ... 17
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Michael the Archa... 441,753
More from around the web