Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#491281 Feb 20, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So do you not see any bigotry coming from the Christian side? Are some peoples post even though ugly and vile toward gays okay since they believe it to be God/Jesus inspired?
Most of you believe homosexuality is a sin...I get that whether I agree with that or not. Does that Bible tell you that that it is okay to stone them to death? The words that have been thrown around in here are just as or more so hurtful than if someone had hurled stones.
If it is okay...what is going on in here...then why the lesson..."Cast The First Stone"?
There are a couple of things about that story...
First Jesus stood up to an angry mob...took the risk to protect a woman that had sinned. That had to take some courage to stand up for what he perceived as "right" knowing that he too could have endured some of those stones.
Second...He did not say...Ye that have not committed the sin of adultery cast the first stone...it was “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”
Maybe some of those that are casting stones are without sin.
I understand why you see bigotry from the other side...you feel as if your faith is being threatened. Might sound strange...but I have seen it too.
I think about that quote...something like this...those who fight monsters need to be careful not to become monsters.
I think that is what has happened here...both sides need to look in to that abyss...and see what is staring back.
I understand...hard not to fall in to the mud when it is on our perspective side of the fence.
As I have read here...I don't want to become that monster that I fight...I don't want to look in to that abyss and see that I am no better than what I fight against...as much as I like to walk in mud puddles...I do not want to become covered with the muck.
There are many good Christians...non-Christians... straights and gays...that are just trying to make this world a little better than what they found it.
Oh well...I suppose this battle will continue...both sides vilifying the other...I think...
I will empty my bucket of stones...
"he who is without sin, cast the first stone"..
Wonder where Jesus tells us to then pick up the stone and
start casting it towards other's who sin?
Is He quoted somewhere telling us it's ok??

For - if no one is without sin, why do so many Christians believe
it is there God given right to stone others to "death" with their judgements upon their soul/ being?

I have been defending the rights of homosexuality ,on this
thread, since I first came here in early '08.
Many of my fellow posters know this. My thoughts have not changed.

Yet, I am in awe at the sheer hate and bitterness that is being
displayed today- in here- by so many professing to be followers of Christ.
My belief in Christ's Love for ALL humankind is being torn apart and
mocked by these very people claiming Jesus is there Lord and Savior.
So.. as it has turned from me defending a group of people's rights to -love- as you and I, to defending the Love of Christ- and it all has become quite personal for me..

I hear you about "becoming the monster you are fighting"..
Thank you for that quote- I indeed do need to check myself there.

I am sure the battle for what's right will continue, Annie..
As I think it should..

Just maybe without all the stone throwing?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491282 Feb 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom,
Have you ever heard about my past? It's a lot like yours. I didn't sell drugs but I was a cocaine user. Spent time in prison as well for writing checks to support my habit. I have been clean for 8 years now and I DO have a profession that pays very well AND I am going to college to obtain a bachelor degree in Human Services. I am interested in Substance Abuse Prevention for Juveniles. I am studying to become a counselor but there are many opportunities that I have been offered. I believe that many ex-inmates get released and work hard to put their life back together. There are some who make a career out of crime then there are those of us who have to work 10 times harder to acheive our goals but it will not go un-noticed. We learned to accept and appreciate what most people will never know or truly understand.."The value of freedom and change". I never allow anybody to make me feel guilty for my past anymore. I can't change my past but I can and did change my future. Some people will never know the hardship that we faced and continue to face daily but Because I had to work harder than the average person to get what they have, I became a much stronger person and YES, I give all the Glory to the One that changed me..Our Lord and Saviour. You keep your head up Skom. God can take a MESS and turn it into a MESSAGE.
Hey Grace

I saw this in a few replies and have been trying to work my way back to it so I could say thank you for sharing that

I am very happy for you and proud of you

For what it is worth you may want to consider things like prison counseling or after-care. The burnout rate for regular drug-prevention counselors is so high because the counselors that care get attached to their clients and as we know, the vast vast majority will continue to use and probably until dead or in jail

I don't know what I am suggesting. I mean, I know that doesn't mean we don't need good counselors for prevention but I guess part of me knows unless the person has decided to quit no counseling will help them and I just hate seeing people get their spirits crushed

I don't know my friend, I am sure God will lead you to the path you need to take. Whatever it is, you have my fondest wishes and most sincere prayers

(T) Peace

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#491284 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
It was a prophetic vision and symbolic only. Each face was symbolic of somthing that the Lord was trying to convey to Ezekiel.
People get those when they take shrooms.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#491285 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Your holy book claims it's deity,

Wrong! Where does it claim that? Chapter and verse please.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
the one you worship,

I know, isn't it great?
Hidingfromyou wrote:
to be jealous and angry and all kinds of nasty.
This doesn't make much sense. I addressed this already.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Yeah, you're right,

I know, thanks.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
doesn't make sense.

I know. One minute you say I'm right and the other minute you attempt to lambast my faith. Please make up your mind.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You'd expect an Alighty, All-loving deity to be a better, more moral creature than the one depicted in the Christian holy book.

Epic Fail!
He is the Creator, not a creature. This is disrespectful. Try to get it right. If you don't have respect for other people's beliefs, why not go to Tehran, Iran and disrespect Allah?

Again, He's not a mere deity. Get your facts in order.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Hence we can reject that deity out of hand
Who are this "WE" you're talking about? Are you claiming to speak for others?

Do you somehow believe we care if you reject Him? So since we don't care; what then is your purpose in this thread?
Hidingfromyou wrote:
- the Bible quite clearly describes the immoral desires of its very human writers and not a perfectly moral being.
This is woefully poor. The writers clearly documented their struggles because they're not perfect and are human. You would much rather them be hypocritical, but because they don't approve of certain immoral behaviors you criticize them. You are in no position to judge the Creator as He has no death. You forget your place and fail to realize that you can be as stubble naught but ash blowing away in the wind like embers from a pyre. You forget yourself.

You understand not and yet judge highly, and even attempt to judge above the heavens, a perfect being who is righteous. Who does what is right regardless of what you think is good or evil. What is Right is not always within teh bounderies of either good or evil.
Understand this. Learn this. Come to accept this.

CS.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#491287 Feb 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask yourself that. You yourself proved just what you claim to hate. Out of one side of your mouth you claim you are happy that my wife didn't die doing heroin, claim its luck (no such thing for a Christian) than prove what a bigot you are towards Christians by wondering if she was drived to it by them? I've found that often those that yell the most about something have a problem with it themselves. No Le Le, you are not saddened you are here egging it right on with people that say outright they don't serve Christ and haved used this forum to bash Him. I am sad that a place that at time was used to Glory God now does this. I will leave you with this, man (woman) can't serve to masters, you will love one and hate the other.
I said that- Christ said "it is finished" and then he released His spirit, for His job here on earth was done..-then I asked why won't you (Qu) let it be done??
Did Christ then realease a disclaimer somewhere saying- it is finished UNTIL this group of believers pick up where I left the cross,
and decide who is worthy of my Love and who is not?
-Did Jesus leave you and so many others the right to judge other's "sins" as you all do?

I am saddened by what I see as pure hate in Jesus' Name. Please do not think other wise.

I am sincerely happy for your wife that she was able to defeat heron.. That is a huge accomplishment and she deserves to be applauded for it. I have witnessed what happens to young adults terrified to "come out of the closet' and be who they were born to be, because there is an extremely militant sect of Christianity literally
wanting them wiped off the face of this earth.. It's not pretty and it's got NOTHING to do w Christ's Love, Chris.
In my questions to you, that was an honest question- does your wife believe the thoughts and actions of these believers played a part in her need to turn to heroin??

I am not a bigot towards Christians, Chris. I am a bigot towards hate speach and inequality.

You seem so very angry..Is that what Christianity does for you?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#491288 Feb 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
One that really, really, really, r-e-a-l-l-y wants to believe in an afterlife?
It looks like a god that values uncritical acceptance of extraordinary claims, but only those that, for whatever reason, lead people to believe him. He wants gullible, submissive, and emotionally needy people, that were raised in a specific environment. He's George W Bush.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491289 Feb 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Grace
I saw this in a few replies and have been trying to work my way back to it so I could say thank you for sharing that
I am very happy for you and proud of you
For what it is worth you may want to consider things like prison counseling or after-care. The burnout rate for regular drug-prevention counselors is so high because the counselors that care get attached to their clients and as we know, the vast vast majority will continue to use and probably until dead or in jail
I don't know what I am suggesting. I mean, I know that doesn't mean we don't need good counselors for prevention but I guess part of me knows unless the person has decided to quit no counseling will help them and I just hate seeing people get their spirits crushed
I don't know my friend, I am sure God will lead you to the path you need to take. Whatever it is, you have my fondest wishes and most sincere prayers
(T) Peace
Hi Skom.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I have thought about the burn out rate and thats why I want to work with kids. I want to work with them BEFORE they decide to use. My first thought was to work with addicts, but you are correct; Unless they WANT to quit, we can talk until we turn blue in the face and it will never do any good. I have a brother in law who is still using and has no desire to quit. I lose my patience with grown adults who put their selfish wants before their families needs. I had to re-think my goals. I am leaning more towards teaching the Dare Programs within the school systems in my area. I have been to the local schools and talked with troubled teens and discovered that THEY actually responded so easily to my story and ask me to please return and continue helping them. I have just finished another semester and on the 27th of this month, I will begin Introduction to Psychology classes. I am also taking a few classes in criminal justice and one of my electives is Juvenile Deliquency. God will lead my steps and I will succeed. I wont let any kind of negativity bring me down. I am prepared for some let downs by those who only look at me through biased opinions based on my past but I will only focus on the positive outcome. Yeah, we made some bad choices but we have only become stronger because of them. We share something that a lot of people will never understand. God Bless You Skom and I am proud of you..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491291 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I understand about statistical facts... but from another worldview I was thinking about this scripture earlier from Uncle Paul... not sure if this is in regards to the disease or some other future judgment but thought it a bit frightening on that last part:
"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." Romans 1:27
I always wondered what that penalty was...
He may have been refering to the Roman (pagan and otherwise) rejection of homosexual practices as uncivilized Greek 'perversions'.
Note that some Christian sects were described as having sexual (including homosexual) ritual practices.

The Roman Empire was constantly bouncing between wanton lust and insanely chaste "cultural norms".

Location hidden

#491292 Feb 20, 2013
Do Not Judge Others in Matthew 7.

Jesus declares that the person judging will be judged (v. 1) because judging assumes a divine prerogative; final judgment belongs to God alone, and those who seek to judge others now will answer then for usurping God's position. That is a very dangerous thing for Christians to do..

God Will Judge Us the Way We Judge Others (7:1-2)

By this point in the sermon, no one who has been taking Jesus' words "seriously" will feel much like judging anyone else anyway. Still, we humans tend to prefer applying ethics to other people rather than ourselves.

Jesus renders the point explicit in 7:1-5. We are objects of God's evaluation, and God evaluates most graciously the meek, who recognize God alone as judge.

Jesus warns us that even if we knew people's hearts, we would be in NO position to judge unless we had lived sinless lives, never needing God's forgiveness (vv. 3-5; compare 6:12, 14-15).

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491293 Feb 20, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>In context, the penalty was death as prescribed in the law of Moses. Paul's mention was past-tense. And he was referring to the practices that were associated with idolatry. In conclusion, though, that was the "recompence of their error which was meet."
Interesting. Thanks.

Location hidden

#491294 Feb 20, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Hello Mrs. Grace. How's life these days?
Hi Dr. Reality..
Life is great!!!!!! Getting ready to go to the Doctor. I have an appointment for more bloodwork. Nothing serious..Just a recheck for my high cholesterol. I have been eating nothing but healthy foods since I found out it was high. Whole grains and fruit!! "boring"..LOL It made a good weight loss plan if nothing else though. How is life treating you? Its soooo cold up here. Windy and freezing!!!!! Talk to you when I get back..Have a greatly blessed day my friend!!

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#491298 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
- you utterly failed to address my points
Your point wasn't even close to being valid. Attempt to speak on that which you have some understanding because you mock my beliefs. I may mistake your bungling efforts to ask questions as insult. I do not want this to happen.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
- and added insult for no particular reason
Still tongue. I recompensed you harsh words for your insults. Not an equal trade but I am trying to figure you out. I believe there is much about you that could well be very nice. I may have judged you more faulty than the San Andreas.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Is this who you are, as a person?
If you make effort to know and not insult, you will know me better. This can be possible.

Shalom Ms. from-you.

Counter_Strike.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#491299 Feb 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief in Christ's Love for ALL humankind is being torn apart and
mocked by these very people claiming Jesus is there Lord and Savior.
So.. as it has turned from me defending a group of people's rights to -love- as you and I, to defending the Love of Christ- and it all has become quite personal for me..
I hope you don't mind but I wanted to break down your post and address this part first.

This brought to mind my mother...she could fill a church pew faster than anyone else that I knew. She did not point out their sins...she didn't condemn them to hell...she just loved them...they found in her unconditional love.

If we are to change this world...it won't be through anger...name-calling...condemn ing...it will be through compassion, understanding...and love.

I believe that to be true...though I often forget what it is that I believe and act instead out of offense/defense.

At the end of the day LeLe...it is not the words of those that choose to throw stones that will change this world...it is those words of love...the outstretched arms...the compassion of one's heart that will make the difference.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#491303 Feb 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Catcher;
Tis a mixed flock in this world,always has been and always will be.
My intent was not to depress or bash by no means.My intent was to show what was written in the Bible generations ago and to show what they knew of long ago.(wrote of what was in Leviticus)I do not follow man but that is of my choosing because way to many times I watched man fail and fall.If we can not learn from others experiences and lessons down thru the hands of time and history then progress can never take place.Here is only my OPINION so take it with a GRAIN OF SALT IF YOU SO PLEASE;A door has been opened for the spirit of the antichrist.For it is the spirit of the antichrist who is using demons spirits as vessels of vengeance to wreak havoc,kill,steal and destroy all they can.From international madmen to the slick politicians promoting pervsion and perverted laws;to the street punk with an assault rifle tucked inside a long black trench coat;to the so-called solid,upstanding citizen who is his smugness shakes his fist at the commandments of a holy God the spirit of the antichrist is permeating our society.This onslaught of evil in its entirety is too subtle and sinister to be of human origin.It must be and is carefully calculated sonspiracy of demon spirits.The devil is attempting to systematically execute our righteous seed our children.And yet once again the eyes are blind just as they were many generations ago.
Thanks for that.

I don't need a "grain of salt" though. My problem is a more fundamnetal one: I don't believe in the supernatural. I don't believe in any gods, let alone an antichrist or the devil. I'm not discriminating against your belief system or any other one. I don't believe in the supernatural, period. This of course includes gods, but also includes witches, ghosts, astrology, Santa Claus, hexes, psychics, step-on-crack-break-your-mothe r's-back, anything in the realm of the supernatural.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#491304 Feb 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that- Christ said "it is finished" and then he released His spirit, for His job here on earth was done..-then I asked why won't you (Qu) let it be done??
Did Christ then realease a disclaimer somewhere saying- it is finished UNTIL this group of believers pick up where I left the cross,
and decide who is worthy of my Love and who is not?
-Did Jesus leave you and so many others the right to judge other's "sins" as you all do?
I am saddened by what I see as pure hate in Jesus' Name. Please do not think other wise.
I am sincerely happy for your wife that she was able to defeat heron.. That is a huge accomplishment and she deserves to be applauded for it. I have witnessed what happens to young adults terrified to "come out of the closet' and be who they were born to be, because there is an extremely militant sect of Christianity literally
wanting them wiped off the face of this earth.. It's not pretty and it's got NOTHING to do w Christ's Love, Chris.
In my questions to you, that was an honest question- does your wife believe the thoughts and actions of these believers played a part in her need to turn to heroin??
I am not a bigot towards Christians, Chris. I am a bigot towards hate speach and inequality.
You seem so very angry..Is that what Christianity does for you?
Well than I offer an apology if I misunderstand your point. No, my wife has said what drove her to almost kill herself was selfhate. It had not one thing to do with anyone that claimed Christ. As to your other point I don't judge anyone or what sins. To my mind its better to use the word sin as man is born into sin, number means nothing. I will however stand as long as God gives me breath and say Jesus is the only way man can have a new life. And God does use the word abominable concerning homosexuality. Again I will defer to my own wife that lived this life that I myself was on the path to and agree with her nobody was meant to live like this. We will never agree on this I fear and see it best to let it be. But just sharing this here again makes me wonder... God knows. And no, not angry. Take care.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#491307 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OK.
Did you intend this for me?
Yes

#491308 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That has to be the greatest theological comment I have ever read.
Thanks.
Well, obviously you don't hear back from GOD!

#491309 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't use people.
Faith is like a muscle: It can be strengthened. It can be weak or it can be strong, depending on how much you use it.
God builds your faith using a very predictable pattern. If you understand it, you can cooperate with Him in developing greater faith.
The first thing God does to build your faith is give you a dream.
When God wants to work in your life, he always gives you a dream — about yourself, about what he wants you to do, about how he’s going to use your life to impact the world.
Great Posting RR ~ thanks for sharing :)

#491310 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like you're under the impression that both Christianity & Atheism are forced onto people.
You chose to be an atheist & you keep choosing to be an atheist every day.
I chose to be Christian & I keep choosing that every day.
Unless you think we were "born that way"....
Perhaps it is in our DNA?

#491311 Feb 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
One that really, really, really, r-e-a-l-l-y wants to believe in an afterlife?
One that really really really knows that there is an afterlife!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min old_moose 7,132
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min Aura Mytha 123,309
america needs more TRUTH AND JUSTICE 28 min hacksaw 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min onemale 286,524
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Born Again Holy C... 681,739
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 4 hr Brice N Livingston 2
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 7 hr Har Har Har 152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Har Har Har 982,213
More from around the web