Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#491205 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like you're under the impression that both Christianity & Atheism are forced onto people.
You chose to be an atheist & you keep choosing to be an atheist every day.
I chose to be Christian & I keep choosing that every day.
Unless you think we were "born that way"....
No, that's not what I wrote.

Do you deny that the choices you make come from who you are as a person, your personal history and development within a specific culture, time and language? Do you deny that your social circle, education, job, and so on play a significant role in not only the kinds of choices you can make, but which ones you do? Do you deny that your income level, class and sex, among other ascribed features, constrain your choices?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491206 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
One Third of all HIV cases are NOT related to homosexual activities according to the CDC:
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/ba...
In America.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#491207 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not Ted. Did you guess that because of the bear avatar?
Sorry.....Is that a Bear?

:-)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491208 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ HFY
Just a question as this isn't the first or 2nd time.. but how long will you continue to use Projection? It's a form of hidden anger and they don't hide at all too well. Here's what you had said recently in some of your posts. I don't mind having a civil discussion on our differences... but personally I think it's a bit childish when you say things such as:
1. "I honestly don't expect you to understand what I'm writing."
2. "The problem here is that you do not understand what HIV is."
That's why I ignore a couple of the folks on here unless I'm bored... it's not worth the effort and digital space to even deal with them. Just a head's up.
It's not projection. You don't seem to understand what I'm writing. Sorry. You get it wrong when you "sum" up what I've written. And you seem to have very strange ideas about HIV - that gay men are actually bi and passing it on en masse in Africa, and that in all African nations gays are hiding. I'm sorry, but that grossly misunderstands the situation in Africa and entirely ignores local context.

Hey, you're welcome to ignore me. It's not a bother.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491209 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Gay blacks... yes it's true.
It's actually prison thing. Blacks are overrepresented in American prisons by percentage of the population. Likewise, HIV is 5X higher in prisons, mainly b/c condoms are not usually provided to prisoners, but also b/c a lot of sexual violence is carried out in prisons.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#491210 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
arigato Tide-sama. kimi mo atama ii ne.
Google translate isn't much help, but is this about money?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491211 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Gay blacks... yes it's true.
Correct.

So does that mean that blacks are twice as likely to be gay ?

Or do the facts simply prove that HIV is no longer a "gay" problem ?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491212 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
I just snipped to get some snippets... It appears that you are contradicting yourself in 1, 2 and 5 above. You either believe they may exist or you don't.
In number 3 above...my physical evidence is creation and the orderly universe itself which The Creator created.
Number 4 is partially correct... God created the universe but he didn't create the fallen world. In Genesis, when God created and made everything... He saw to it that it was good, not evil.
1. Your snippets reduced my nuanced explanation. I'll simplify it for you: deities don't exist. That makes me an atheist.

2. The universe isn't created. Nothing about our sciences suggests that the universe is somethings creation. Therefore you are not basing your beliefs on evidence, but on your religious dogma.

If you knew more about science, and you interpreted the universe as designed, then you'd have an inference that it was created. As it stands, you're just being dogmatic - that's simple ignorance.

3. To repeat: your religion isn't special. It's like any other religion. You don't have any more than subjective experience for your beliefs. So we can simply dismiss your religious statements about the existence of the universe.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#491213 Feb 20, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...
First, this was in Toronto, Canada has 'hate speech' laws so the guy "taking it from the Word to them" was displaying a pair, imo.
Was hard to hear some dialog of the woman, but I think she said the guy standing next to her was her husband. Just found it strange he had nothing to interject into the conversation.
But the most telling thing was the woman didn't try to substantiate her position scripturally in any way, but did admit when pressed she "stands on both the Bible and political correctness". And therein lies a dichotomy.
To the chagrin of some of the brethren, I'll just write it-
A believer shouldn't be holding their finger to the wind for the most favourable, touchy-feelly or least offensive position. Many today are doing just as this woman, putting their "politics before the Word." Who ,ultimately ,are we to be beholden to- man, or God?
I'm sure a few will take offence, sorry, call it as I see it. And if some respond don't be "offended" if I don't counter, I'm not able to "live on here" and not in the mood for a lOOooo-oooong drawn out discussion that will not result in any minds changed,only to go off on tangents.
Is the lady in that video Le Le? The guy was right on, you either stand on the word or you don't. Of note was when he was told to sit down and shut up. How long before the gov sides with those that claim tolerance then use the force of law to shut down voices?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491214 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I opened the link and the first thing that I saw was the "Transmission Category" (that is, the aids transmission)... and according to those statistics male-to-male sexual contact by far, exeeds other types of aids transmission.
Male-to-male sexual contact: 28,782
Hetero sexual contact (the next highest number): 4,416
Again, only in the US. It's a special case.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491215 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.....Is that a Bear?
:-)
Morning Epi;

He needs one of my black bears from the mountains.lol
Such fun he could have with one of thoses.lol

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491216 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it as that even. How much worse would the universe be if Satan ruled it? The bible god is just about as evil as it can be. Did you see this? http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
It wouldn't make much of a difference and...based on Christian theology, Satan is the one calling the shots and doing actual things on this planet ever since he said "Hey Eve, Eat this!".

Of course I find the whole concept of deities to be childish and ignorant. No more than Santa Claus and Easter Bunny. When you grow up you can grasp the deeper concepts that the fictions rpresented.

Most people refuse to grow up.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#491217 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that Africa is made of 51 different countries?
And about 38 of them have anti-gay laws.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws differ between them. In Sub-saharan Africa, most nations don't have laws against homosexuality. In South Africa, it's perfectly fine, openly fine. And, South Africa has the highest incidence of HIV in the world - overwhelmingly made of heterosexuals. In SSA, where HIV is the worst on the planet, HIV is a straight disease.
Concerning legality in SA that is obviously true. Unlike the U.S., there is still a heavy stigma towards people with AIDS... the numbers aren't complete and honest in that country.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
First, your logic is false. There aren't less "gay statistics."
If 38 out of 51 african countries have anti-gay laws, then there are less gay statistics.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Second...your premise is very strange. How can HIV be a gay male disease and passed on to women?
Through bi-sexual means.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even understand how you're contradicting yourself here?
I don't see any contradiction.
Maria

Reykjavík, Iceland

#491218 Feb 20, 2013

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491219 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? The Fall isn't in the Bible?!?
Correct. It is in a text that was rejected by the Jews and Chrisitans alike.

Christianity is a religion that bases much of it's "Word of God" on things that it claimed were NOT the "Word of God".

“Saved. ”

#491220 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong... Australia?

"HIV transmission in Australia occurs primarily through sexual contact between men. Around 65% of people newly diagnosed with HIV in 2009 were among men who have sex with men; 28.7% were exposed through heterosexual contact; 2.3% were due to injecting drug use; and a further 3% were men with a history of both injecting drug use and sex with other men."

http://www.avert.org/aids-hiv-australia.htm

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#491221 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
....Both of us also don't believe in mythical creatures like unicorns or dragons while simultaneously being unable to prove they don't exist.....
Unicorns are in the Bible, and Satan is a dragon, in the Bible.

A Christian may very well believe in the existence (past or present) of unicorns and at least one dragon.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#491222 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm unfamiliar with "Bones." Sorry :(
Its based on a Doctor of Anthropology who works with her FBI "partner" Seeley Booth.....She is a scientist and an Atheist also.....Here is a synopsis

http://youtu.be/BX7v9oX6Zv8

“Love much, trust none”

There

#491223 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I opened the link and the first thing that I saw was the "Transmission Category" (that is, the aids transmission)... and according to those statistics male-to-male sexual contact by far, exeeds other types of aids transmission.
Male-to-male sexual contact: 28,782
Hetero sexual contact (the next highest number): 4,416
You need to learn to read a chart.

Total homosexual HIV 28,782
Total homosesual w/IV use 1,443
Total heterosexual HIV 12,875
Total non-sexual IV use HIV 3,766

30 gay to 15 straight

Your arguement crumbles at your feet.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/ba...

“Saved. ”

#491224 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Europe, where sex is a lot more liberal homo-, bi-, hetero-... holding even.

40% Aids transmission through hetero and 39% Aids transmissiion through homo.

http://www.avert.org/hiv-aids-europe.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min lovewithin 40,539
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Jac 100,091
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 590,882
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Dave Nelson 840,084
how to pass a breathalyzer test (Dec '08) 22 min yankeedoodle 161
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 37 min N2wfsn2bbc 3,085
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 49 min dudesmart 126
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min Edthirty 271,411
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 4,639
More from around the web