Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491242 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
@ Skombolis - this is what I meant when I wrote "meticulous is a defining feature of IANS, allowing few to argue against him." You can see how he's able to demonstrate the development of your thought processes here (created by the engagement and the generative nature of writing).
<quoted text>
If you think few can argue against him you are welcome to place him on whatever pedestal you like. Of course people defend him with things like maybe he forgot he said he believes its possible creator gods exist so you will have to pardon me if I am not impressed. The man is a liar, pure and simple

Tell ya what Hiding, put your own credibility to the test and tell me you think the person who wrote this doesn't think all or most Christians are indoctrinated

IANS said

"It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking. You see the world principally as a decadent and dangerous place that is getting worse, even as it gets better. And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling.

I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

If you can say that with a straight face then that is very sad. It is bizarre what I have seen people do in the attempts to circle the wagons. I am hoping my respect in you was not misplaced and maybe I will get lucky and you simply won't answer or do like Tide did and say I don't know. Its not the best way to approach it but its something. How low are you willing to stoop? I hope not very. My experience with you would say you wouldn't but I have been wrong before

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491243 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>My bad, 28, 782 Aids though homo and 12, 875 Aids though hetero... By far homo Aids transmission exceeds hetero in the U.S...
No argument, no crumble... just a simple adjustment of pertinent facts.
It completely removes HIV/AIDS from the homosexual "sin" arguement.

I have no issue with theological opinions on sexual matters. I just like to keep the facts correct.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491245 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually prison thing. Blacks are overrepresented in American prisons by percentage of the population. Likewise, HIV is 5X higher in prisons, mainly b/c condoms are not usually provided to prisoners, but also b/c a lot of sexual violence is carried out in prisons.
Corect. It is also why Central Africa has an AIDS epipemic in the entire population, it is no longer a "gay" disease at all.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#491246 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad gamble. What are the odds that there is a god that requires you to guess correctly, and that you have done that? Zero. The god you chose is impossible.
And what is the cost of that choice? In this life, it's thousands of hours wasted on prayer, church and bible study, thousands of dollars, and your one shot at an authentic existence.
And in the extremely small chance that there is an afterlife in which we shall be judged, you have no idea who will be doing the judging, by what criteria, or what is at risk. I would suspect that if one of us pays a price for our choices, it will be you for throwing away your gifts - reason and conscience - and embracing an absurd and immoral doctrine.
Perhaps you were given those gifts to seek your true creator,and instead, have chosen a doctrine that teaches you to that your flesh is defective and that you should disesteem the world. If you and the universe were my creation, I don't know how I would feel about that.
You've it all on an an impossible and absurd belief. I like my bet better. It is in concert with reality. The universe is magnificent, not garbage. Man is magnificent, not a disease. And I was born with an inclination to wonder and to think, not to stifle them both and submit to priests.
LOL! you're still living under the assumption that God is elusive and unapproachable when He's proven otherwise by sending His only begotten Son!

wake up and get into the NEW COVENANT; it's been applicable for over 2,000 years now!

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#491247 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually prison thing. Blacks are overrepresented in American prisons by percentage of the population. Likewise, HIV is 5X higher in prisons, mainly b/c condoms are not usually provided to prisoners, but also b/c a lot of sexual violence is carried out in prisons.
I just saw this... case in point regarding my last post regarding gay blacks.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#491248 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
baahahahahahaha, great joke :)
hello hidingyourmaleunitfromus - how ya been?;)

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#491252 Feb 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
The Christian god does not care about how you behave. This is clear in the rules he sets for receiving his greatest reward or his ultimate punishment.
No matter how you lived your life, good or bad, if you believe, you get into heaven.
No matter how you lived your life, good or bad, if you didn't believe, you go to hell.
It is clear that the ONLY thing that is important is belief, and he is willing to completely disregard all behavior, good or bad, and instead decide your eternal fate based on whether or not you acknowledged his existence and bought into the Jesus rigmarole.
What kind of god is that?
One that really, really, really, r-e-a-l-l-y wants to believe in an afterlife?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491253 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>@ G, obviously HIV/AIDS has no longer the stigma where it is gay disease. I would just say that the open statistics by the CDC and the honesty displayed by the lgbtq community in sharing their sexual habits to help give a better understanding of AIDS transmission to help in prevention is noble.
How did it make the jump from homo- to hetero- though if the number suggests that the higher incidences may show the origin of it? My guess is that it had to be from Bi's-.
The origins of the AIDS virus began when African hospitals used infected wild chimpanzes (instead of clincally clean rhesus monkeys) to produce Polio vaccinations and then forced every man wooman and child to take the vaccine.

Since anal sex and pomiscuity (adultery (?)) is common among homosexual men and anal sex often results in tearing of tissue and bleeding, ANY blood born pathogen will easily be spread throughout such a "community".

It is not the sexual act that produces the epidemic, rather it is the mutiple partners, both homo and hetero that causes the rampant spread of ALL sexually transmitted diseases.

SOooooo to put it in "Biblical" terms, it is not homosexuality that is the problem, it is adultery that is the problem.

Monogomous relationships (homo or hetro) rarely have STDs.

#491254 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't suggest that.
The fact the link I provided early suggests that some gays in this particular study are married to hide the fact that they are gay while still having intercourse with their wife? Yes, the link does suggest that:

http://www.thegully.com/essays/gaymundo/0403_...
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<It doesn't suggest that. You are simply unable to separate your religious beliefs from how a pathogen works.
You can't separate the pathogen from lifestyle and behavior.. whether homo- hetero- or bi-... or from drug use, rape and the like. It's transmitted through behavior. A lot of it goes unreported especially in African countries where there is still a heavy stigma... even still a heavy stigma in SA.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to repeat that HIV travels along lines of social inequality and discrimination?
That's part of it also... but "mainly" through lifestyle and behavior.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491255 Feb 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I glad about that LW, cause you had me REALLY scratching my head yesterday... jaumpin' grasshoppers woman, I hardly knows you!
LUV U2
And the rain descended and the flock came,and the winds blew,and beat upon that house.and it fell not;for it was founded upon a rock.Matthew 7:25

Hope you are well,happy,content and blessed.God bless.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491256 Feb 20, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Hidingfromyou wrote:
@ Skombolis - this is what I meant when I wrote "meticulous is a defining feature of IANS, allowing few to argue against him." You can see how he's able to demonstrate the development of your thought processes here (created by the engagement and the generative nature of writing).
Thank you kindly.

I was hoping to offer an example of what Dim doesn't do: support his claims with quotes and links for all to see and judge for themselves rather than simply say, "You are a liar because I remember it differently."

I had a second motive: to make it crystal clear to the Christians posting here that Dim is wrong. I thought that I had done that, but then NoStress4me wrote, "and Skom told me respectfully that I had not read the beginning of the discussion so I did not understand what the discussion was about. A few posts later there was a link to a discussion taking place on a different thread, so I assumed that I truly did not have all of the facts. I personally will not say that someone is wrong, unless I have all of the facts."

"Skom" told him respectfully? LOL. Dim lied and diverted again. I wanted to make the sequence of events clear so that there can be no doubt what Dim is guilty of. I had been patient and cooperative with him, but you saw the result.

Let's see how many Christians step up and say to Dim that he is wrong and owes me what I am entitled to - his request for forgiveness for his disgusting slanders. I predict at most two.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491257 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
At the very best, the book describes a creature that does not share in human morality. In any other case, it simply reflects its human authors.
Agreed.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491258 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
RR, you're not this stupid. First, you erased my second sentence, which read "If science promotes adherence to dogmatic belief, it would also promote ignorance."
Second, I'll go slowly. What is "dogmatic belief" and how does it function?
A: dogmatic belief is the strict adherence to a belief system, regardless of evidence.
Science progresses b/c it specifically lacks dogma. No one says "you must all believe X and never, ever question X again!" That's not science. If you want, you can test X to try to disprove it.
Exactly.
Isn't that the point we bumped heads on even while actually agreeing with each other ? <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491259 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
In America.
Correct. The CDC was referencing only USA cases.

#491260 Feb 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't ignore Hiding's posts.
In fact, you should read them at least twice.
You might just learn something.
Just a head's up.
What I've learned thus far... is that if one is gay in the U.S...(especially gay african-americans) with all of our technology and all of our sexual awareness tips... that a homosexual and bisexual has an extremely better chance to get the HIV virus that leads to AIDS than heteros. And that heterosexual women have a higher incidence of HIV/AIDS as men are twice as likely to pass it on to females rather than the other way around.

Oh.. and I learned a little bit regarding SA from HFY. It wasn't hard to figure out that situation. What are your thoughts on NAMbLA? Uh, never mind..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#491261 Feb 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call that beast with four faces from Ezekiel?
Dr. Shrink..........

Jus kiddin wit ya Shrinkster..........

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491262 Feb 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call that beast with four faces from Ezekiel?
My point is, Christians are liable to believe anything.
Yep.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#491263 Feb 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
And the rain descended and the flock came,and the winds blew,and beat upon that house.and it fell not;for it was founded upon a rock.Matthew 7:25
Hope you are well,happy,content and blessed.God bless.
This post is much better than all the ones yesterday where god was killing people for their various misdeeds.

That was depressing. The house standing up to the storm is a picker-upper.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#491265 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>What I've learned thus far... is that if one is gay in the U.S...(especially gay african-americans) with all of our technology and all of our sexual awareness tips... that a homosexual and bisexual has an extremely better chance to get the HIV virus that leads to AIDS than heteros. And that heterosexual women have a higher incidence of HIV/AIDS as men are twice as likely to pass it on to females rather than the other way around.
Oh.. and I learned a little bit regarding SA from HFY. It wasn't hard to figure out that situation. What are your thoughts on NAMbLA? Uh, never mind..
Have you also learned about enculturation?

There will be a test at the end of this, you know.

#491266 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It completely removes HIV/AIDS from the homosexual "sin" arguement.
I have no issue with theological opinions on sexual matters. I just like to keep the facts correct.
I understand about statistical facts... but from another worldview I was thinking about this scripture earlier from Uncle Paul... not sure if this is in regards to the disease or some other future judgment but thought it a bit frightening on that last part:

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." Romans 1:27

I always wondered what that penalty was...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min EditorAtLarge 59,659
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min Peter Ross 446,257
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Anthony MN 695,495
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 39 min MOGADORE 40
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 40 min MOGADORE 4
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 42 min MOGADORE 871
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr TrifectaBusted 994,039
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web