Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
*Looks like you had a busy day with patients...*I made you some cookies, and lemonade.:)
http://www.landolakes.com/assets/images/recip...
http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/67/23/4/la...
Enjoy, Teddy Bear...:)
Awwwwwwwww.......... m that's so sweet.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

NoStress4me wrote:
I did not give you an apology
You don't owe me one.
NoStress4me wrote:
but I did ask him to go back and do a reread based on what I read in one of his post’s to you where he had paraphrased something you said. You thanked me for it ...
I don't recall that, but if true, then you did better than most of your peers.
NoStress4me wrote:
... and Skom told me respectfully that I had not read the beginning of the discussion so I did not understand what the discussion was about. A few posts later there was a link to a discussion taking place on a different thread, so I assumed that I truly did not have all of the facts. I personally will not say that someone is wrong, unless I have all of the facts.
Here are all the facts. It's long and a little tedious, but if you want the facts, here they are:

Dim has called me a liar claiming that I have reversed myself about the possibility of the existence of creator gods based on a misunderstanding of what the word "nope" was denying. This saga begins at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... :

Dim wrote: "This is the first time I have ever seen you say you allow for the possibility there is a creator god but you would need proof."

IANS corrected: "No. I would need evidence best accounted for by the an intelligent designer."

On the very next post at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... we read this:

Dim wrote: "I understand you would require proof. I don't as faith is enough for me.(T) Peace"

IANS wrote: "Evidence, not proof."

A few posts later at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... this:

Dim wrote: "you need to believe you are the highest form of life and intelligence and in control of everything unless someone can conclusively prove to you otherwise?"

IANS wrote: "Why do you post that? How many times have I contradicted it?" [followed by two examples correcting "proof" and trying to restore concepts like evidence and probability, something apparently too nuanced for him to wrap his head around]

Soon thereafter comes this at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Dim wrote: "Of that we can not prove."

IANS: "You need to lose that word for two reasons: First, the right phrase is "compelling evidence," not "proof." Very little is provable."

Then this at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Dim wrote: "And yet it can't prove that."

IANS replied "Prove? Can't we make even a little progress?"

Now let's reconsider this comment at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... that Dim keeps using as evidence that I am a liar:

Dim wrote: "You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

IANS responded: "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."

And now Dim is calling me a liar based on my "Nope," which he insists was a denial of the possibility of a creator god after admitting of the possibility, something I never did.

After I denied his claim, he posted, "Since that is exactly what he had said in a prior post and then denied it how is that not a lie?" at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Now you know. I have been patient with him and explained myself repeatedly until I realized that he was unteachable. And he has slandered me for my efforts. Dim is out of line. Will you stand up and say so again? Will any Christian?

Let me emphasize again that I am not so much in need of apologies as I am interested in commenting on Christian values in practice. I hear so much about how they appear on paper, but what I experience in life is radically different, and my purpose is illuminating that discrepancy. Dim is an idiot and a slanderer,and the Christian community complacently condones it despite my exhortations for them to take a stand.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Just get you some forgiveness on demand, and you're ready to go out and do it again.
trifecta1 wrote:
you envy Jesus that he forgives?
Is that what you got out of that?

No. I condemn cheap self-forgiveness using a mythical ghost.

Did you see my exposé on Dim immediately above this? Why are so many of you unable to comprehend the written word? It's especially alarming given how much you rely on a bible.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

mobile7 wrote:
You want somebody to beg you for forgiveness just to make you look like you are right and they are wrong??
That's not my reason at all.
mobile7 wrote:
Forgiveness can't be demanded
I think it can. I think that I did just that.
mobile7 wrote:
now you want to drag people into your argument that has nothing to do with your childish behavior. Maybe you will grow up during your retirement years...
My purpose is to showcase Christian ethics and Christian character. You just read what your fellow Christian Dim has done - or you can ... two or three posts above this one.

Each Christian participating on this thread has the chance to take a stand against Dim's behavior or to tacitly condone it.

You're a Christian, right? What's your reaction to Dim's behavior? Are you good with it?

Let me hazard a guess: like most Christians on this thread, you will acquiesce because you do what is comfortable rather than say to Dim that he has sinned against an unbeliever.

Why do I try to make this point? What you are doing is what the Christians did during the Inquisitions, the witch burnings and the Holocaust. You fail to be brave or strong in the face of vile behavior. I say that you have no spine. Prove me wrong if I am.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

There is no such thing as spiritual discernment when it comes to understanding the printed word. There is only literacy and reading comprehension, both of which seem to be in short supply around here.
trifecta1 wrote:
Yes there is spiritual Discernment.
Rather obvious by you using a verse to heap false criticisms on Jesus saying Jesus meant one thing...when Jesus no mean what you say.
Yes there is spiritual discernment, and you have Zero to Nil, for a fact.
Nice rebuttal: "Nuh-uh!"

Do you ever defend a position with information? No, you don't, do you?

Your bible is vague and it contradicts itself. That makes it difficult to understand - not deep.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dane is in my top 100. His spot is precarious.
Here's Mike Epps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
He was new to me. I hope that that wasn't his best stuff.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
hi "phisician"
did you run around to apply for part time job at least to reduce walfare foodstamps???
No. Why would I? I don't care about how much you spend on that.

These days, my concerns for America are pretty much limited to promoting secular humanism there over the Internet. I'll comment on American medicine and American politics from time to time, but only in passing.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
If they've bought into the doctrine, the doctrine is in.
Five cents, please: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6unugr2sS1...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
You have criticized, with cheap shots, Skombolis
You've got that reversed.
Here For Now wrote:
I don’t think he cares what you think
That's kind of my point, isn't it? He has forgiven himself.
Here For Now wrote:
If I want advice about something I will not be asking you. Now Skombolis, him I would ask.
LOL.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
I think much of Christian theology can only be described as a form of Stockholm Syndrome. Maybe Battered Spouse Syndrome would be a better explanation.
Serah wrote:
Having been a battered spouse, I can assure you it is not like knowing JESUS.
GOD: THE ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND
http://conversationalatheist.com/general-essa...

Ways the Christian God is like the most extreme version of an abusive (and possibly psychotic) boyfriend:

[1] Needs constant praise.
[2] Makes you feel guilty for just being human.
[3] Has severe jealousy issues.
[4] He lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.
[5] Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.
[6] Threatens you with eternal torture if you ever leave Him.
[7] He is constantly swearing that He loves you and you need Him.

Ways to tell if you are in danger of being taken advantage of in a relationship with this abusive God:

[8] You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.
[9] You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.
http://conversationalatheist.com/general-essa...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the lake of fire (hell is different) was originally prepared for the devil and his angels due to their sin...(Matthew 25:41)... but because of sin that entered into human race God has to judge that too.
Then the angels were thrown out of heaven before Adam and Eve sinned? You seem to imply that hell was built before the original sin. Is that correct? If so, was hell created before our universe was created, or after?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
Never before has such an important point of mine been so utterly misunderstood and mis-stated.
Welcome to the "Why Should Jesus Love Me?" thread.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is the same arguement against mankind esp. Adam and Eve.
So why does God hate angels so much that they are not offered forgiveness ?
Should we be concerned that a third of the creatures that knew the god personally and what life in heaven was like opted out?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
*Looks like you had a busy day with patients...*I made you some cookies, and lemonade.:)
http://www.landolakes.com/assets/images/recip...
http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/67/23/4/la...
Enjoy, Teddy Bear...:)
Thanks, but I don't see patients any more. I'm retired.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

~ Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we prefess, for he who promised is faithful...Hebrews 10:23

Morning

“Without agitators nothing in the world would come clean.”

~ The Fun Farm

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

^^^ correction^^^

"prefess" should be "profess"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Today's Prayer

You Father are not unjust to forget my work and labor of love which I have shown toward Your name, in that I have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Please give me the desire to show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that I do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. In Jesus name I pray, Amen (Hebrews 6)

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Please post the link to that info... heterosexual woman due to prostitution and/or rapes perhaps.
You're wrong again. It's neither rape nor prostitution. Prostitution is the simpleton's way of blaming the victim in societal systems where men control money.

Please read the following points:

http://www.amfar.org/about_hiv_and_aids/facts...

"Worldwide, women constitute more than half of all people living with HIV/AIDS.
- For women in their reproductive years (15–49), HIV/AIDS is the leading cause of death.
- Women are at least twice as likely to acquire HIV from men during sexual intercourse than vice versa.
- A study in South Africa recently suggested that nearly one in seven cases of young women acquiring HIV could have been prevented if the women had not been subjected to intimate partner violence.
- In 2011, 57 percent of pregnant women living with HIV in low- and middle-income countries received effective drug regimens to prevent new HIV infections among children.
- In sub-Saharan Africa, women constitute 58 percent of all people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Among young people aged 15-24, the HIV prevalence rate for young women is twice that of young men."

The problem here is that you do not understand what HIV is. You seem to want it to be some kind of immoral disease. HIV thanks you for that. It's just a virus that can be transmitted through blood or genital excretions. It really doesn't care about the sexuality of the person it infects, it's just happy to have a human host.

Diseases are given meaning (stigma in this case) through the social, but at their heart they are just pieces of information that take advantage of our bodies. Human diseases are enabled by social factors - by inequalities in this case. Moralizing about the victims covers up the deeper problems here.

If women had equal access to economic security as men do, worldwide, HIV rates would be very, very different. If homosexuals weren't discriminated against in Western nations, HIV rates would be different.

Here's a link to the WHO papers on HIV:

http://www.who.int/hiv/data/en/

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth - a stranger, not your own lips.

Proverbs 27:2

K-Love

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOL.
Dude - he was responding to the theist using the theist's own terms. The theist had called him a douchebag, and his response was orders of magnitude more polite.
I am certain you will rebuke the theist just as strongly now that you realize your blunder, won't you? Just kidding. I know your values.
Christianity. Meh. As you so pithily noted, "Thanks but no thanks."
Not all will hear JESUS, it has been noted and certainly, felt.

That is a good thing ~ why the heck would all of those that disagree here and now end up in the same place when we give up our Ghosts? Ah, of course, I am a Mormon. Rarely mention it in here, due to the evil names I have been called, but none the less, I am twice Christened and can find no other Church that suits me more.

But, in saying that, I don't agree with more than one wife, and in most cases this is not practiced anyway, only by individuals as such. I do drink a cup of coffee each morning, and drink alcohol on occasion, I play the pokies for a bit of fun when I go out with my Sister and BFFL. I read Tarot Cards, Angel Cards, Rune Stones, Romanian Scrolls, Dream Cards, Crystal Healing, Angel Healing, Aromatherapy, Self Healing, chemical detection in foods and beverages and encourage most people I encounter to seek their Spiritual Self, their Soul, so to speak.

This goes against the rules of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - but of course, they will forgive me and accept me as a Member and make me a part of their family and community. Problem is, I feel guilty. When I was a child, I would look at the nicotine stained fingers of the people in the Congregation, and see the things that were not of what was being represented, and wonder why they chose that Religion. Why not another that did not care if you smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol? As long as you did what JESUS did, who cared about the man given name?

Ahh, I should also mention that when I was in grade 7 of primary school, I was going to piano lessons at the Church, and the teacher,(he is probably dead so I won't re-mention his name here, although I have probably written it in my book) an old man to me at the time, with a grey mustache and dirty yellow nicotine stained fingers, chased me around the piano to kiss me.

Actually, I don't think he really chased me, I think I just ran when I realised his intentions. Luckily, as GOD would have it, my friend was with me, and I ran out the room into the corridor yelling, "RUN" and she bolted with me to the bottom of the hill and the bus stop.

GOD gave me the courage to run. My Mum wondered why I dropped out of piano lessons,'cause he had told her I was an excellent pupil, and I have never played the piano again, really, other than messing around a bit. One of my hopes is that one day, I will play a song, perhaps "Calling All Angels" on the piano, and forget that which stuffed up my Faith in people man(kind) and Churches all those years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

538 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 720,308
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 256,402
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min WildWeirdWillie 172,281
Don't end capital punishment!!: CHANGE IT!!!!!! 14 min Doctor REALITY 2
Both Sides Mobilize in Honduras (Jul '09) 23 min Brainiac of Beacon House 11
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 23 min shyam 4,563
Xcntrik InVidor is A Fool! (Jul '09) 28 min the pompitous of love 63
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min June VanDerMark 532,474
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••