“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#491128 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
GOD: THE ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND
http://conversationalatheist.com/general-essa...
Ways the Christian God is like the most extreme version of an abusive (and possibly psychotic) boyfriend:
[1] Needs constant praise.
[2] Makes you feel guilty for just being human.
[3] Has severe jealousy issues.
[4] He lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.
[5] Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.
[6] Threatens you with eternal torture if you ever leave Him.
[7] He is constantly swearing that He loves you and you need Him.
Ways to tell if you are in danger of being taken advantage of in a relationship with this abusive God:
[8] You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.
[9] You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.
http://conversationalatheist.com/general-essa...
When the man who had molested me when I was young (also of course in my book "The Morning Star' which promotes the strength of Prayer, called me a liar for confronting him in front of my Mother and Sister, shot and killed my six month old Golden Labrador, you could say I was devastated.

This is old news, so I don't want to bore those that know me well with this old carp again, but GOD and Prayer got me through those times of laying in bed breaking my heart. I could not cry, the sobs would wrack my body and I would not be able to breathe.... so I held it in, and gave it to GOD.

HE gave me a Shetland Pony (Fury) to love and recover with, and when I prayed and prayed to keep evil away, I had a Golden Labrador knocking on my door each Sunday for weeks, and when he stopped coming, I realised my head was not filled with voices that really did appear to be evil, which was why I prayed so much to begin with.

No-one can tell me that Prayer does not work and that GOD is not there; it is just that we have to reach out to receive. And guess what? All of your accusations have been against GOD, and not about the man(kind) that deliver them!!

And yep, I will be Praising his GODLINESS until my dying day, and thanking HIM always for getting me through that which was unbearable. Recall, I have a heart they say cares too much, and I have said simply, let me care, that is what a heart is for :)

#491129 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
You Father are not unjust to forget my work and labor of love which I have shown toward Your name, in that I have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Please give me the desire to show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that I do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. In Jesus name I pray, Amen (Hebrews 6)
Hey Epi ~ I will be able to set up my Aromatherapy Oils in the new home/place business if I do decide to 'man up' and go for it. My inner self is excited, not goosebumps when not being cold, but that excited for no reason feeling, so I am sure that if I make the effort, things will work out the way they should.

I do not want to become sluggish, and have just joined the gym again (probably due to Catcher1's overweight inference) and kick starting my life into gear. Will be helping out in the Bottle Shop office on Friday seeing as the Manager is sick and I have to train them how to enter the stock into the system.

Always interesting doing something different.

Lordy, how many I's are in my posting? Looks like heaps, but not going to change it because it is what I meant to say, along with AMEN to your beautiful Prayer!! GOD Bless xx

#491130 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
A_M_E_N.....My verse from yesterday....This is one of my favorite verses...
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17
I learned that with my 10 Hours of Reflection :) The new had come with the passing of the Old ..... Thank you Epi, for continuing to write your beautiful postings each morning, it is another reason that I love you :)

#491131 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth - a stranger, not your own lips.
Proverbs 27:2
K-Love
Agreed ~ people who brag about themselves sort of make me feel uncomfortable.... maybe I should have taken out some I's LOL :)

#491132 Feb 20, 2013
Genesis 21:6 And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.

Love that Scripture ~ there have been many times when I have laughed with GOD, on occasions reading the Holy Bible, but more often when HE appears when HE is needed.

Numbers 26:46 And the name of the daughter of Asher was Serah.

I sought Serah for many years, and found her in The Talmud once she disappeared from the Holy Bible and the New Testament. Of course, Serah would be a Jew as JESUS was a Jewish Rabbi; Christians did not come to light until some time after JESUS was crucified.

Just sharing it with you because every now and then, I/We know we are right on target and everything is exactly as it should be. We are heading home :)

#491133 Feb 20, 2013
Well, not sure where everyone is, but just saying Good Night, it is just after 10pm and a big day tomorrow, it is pool night :0)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#491134 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
arigato Tide-sama. kimi mo atama ii ne.
You remind me of Dr. Temperance Brennen on "Bones"

Do you talk like her also?

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491135 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I don't see patients any more. I'm retired.
Dr Ians....Is your name "Ted"?

My gay cousins name was "Ted".....I miss him...He was a Sweet guy......

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491136 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is that what you got out of that?
No. I condemn cheap self-forgiveness using a mythical ghost.
Did you see my exposé on Dim immediately above this? Why are so many of you unable to comprehend the written word? It's especially alarming given how much you rely on a bible.
You no have much comprehension or insight.

It quite obvious you cannot have what the Jesus follower has so you quite angry and upset.

Thing is Jesus has not forgiven you because you reject Jesus. And one day you will realize the consequences of Jesus still holding your sins against you. this billboard is just for fun discussions.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491137 Feb 20, 2013
*~*~*~*~*~

~Don't let people pull you into their storm....Pull them into your PEACE~

*~*~*~*~*~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491138 Feb 20, 2013
***Peace***

***Love****

***and*****

***Brotherhood***
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#491139 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
A_M_E_N.....My verse from yesterday....This is one of my favorite verses...
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17
Glory to God. I have a friend that has been in jail. It has indeed been hard for him but with the help of the Lord he is doing good today. We do our best and then God does the rest.

Since: Feb 13

Cagayan De Oro City, Philippines

#491140 Feb 20, 2013
yeah i hear story of the God's grace..,that God is the creator of over the the world and he is our protector

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#491141 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.. I didn't say or argue that at all. That is what you are attempting to project in a sort-of-subliminal way to make it seem like God is evil.
Try again in a non-subliminally way.
It sure sounded like you said that! Let's recap: all loving deity lovingly creates people, and a set of rules that includes eternal punishment (meaning that this is not about learning, but pain) all knowingly that his creation would break these rules.

When we punish someone, it's for a short time. That causes them to learn right from wrong. When you torture someone with no end, you are doing it because you enjoy other's suffering, not because you are trying to teach them anything.

So...yes, you said that your deity was evil in a round about way.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#491142 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nice rebuttal: "Nuh-uh!"
Do you ever defend a position with information? No, you don't, do you?
Your bible is vague and it contradicts itself. That makes it difficult to understand - not deep.
I have enough information needed.

Fact-You reject Jesus Christ.

Fact-therefore you have not the Holy Spirit

Fact- Therefore you have no spiritual discernment.

Lets demonstrate.

Jesus said this:
Matt 22:37-38
‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’38“This is the great and foremost commandment.39“The second is like it,‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

And then you use this to condemn Jesus-
luke 14:26

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple.

[[[[
That shows not only you spiritual blindness but a naivety about you comprehension skills.

Just basic comprehension skills should let you figure out Jesus saying for no reason should anyone come before a person's commitment to Jesus Christ.

That simple. Yet you think Jesus telling a person to hate they mother or brother for no reason.

Someone with no spiritual discernment would see those two verses as a contradiction.

Someone such as yourself. You're so glib.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#491143 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, several times.
You just aren't intelligent enough to read them, let alone argue against them.
Enjoy your Pauline beliefs.
LOL
writing your myths and your delusional sexual fantasies about Paul is not no verifiable evidence, is just the rantings of a madman.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#491144 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
If I disagree with you on something it does not mean I disagree with everything you believe nor does it mean I hate you.
There are only couple people I used to hate here, but have accepted them as clowns and fools. My anger turned to pity.
Most of you I actually like, esp. if you can give a good rational arguement or reveal a loving, caring heart. That does not mean I will never get angry, obnoxious or even mean. I am not going to pretend that I am not often an arrogant asshole.
I am, however, usually correct when it comes to history,science and logic. That lends well to being arrogant.
Yes you're arrogant, no you not right when it comes to history science and logic. and I no know who on the billboard want you flattery or care if you like them or not.

you emotions towards anyone on the billboard no make any sense, no worth anything, irrelevant, and shows a gross and obscene emotional investment in the billboard. you panhandling on the billboard is embarrassing and laughable. no one no get no prize on here for anyone liking them, so keep you like to yourself.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491145 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Winepress would be symbolically significant imho.. as red wine represents blood biblically (usually)...
Jesus: "Take, drink this is my blood..." But if I remember correctly it was more of an olive garden or olivepress... olive-oil would be symbolically significant also as the olives are "crushed" in order to yield into oil eventually... oil represents "the anointing" biblically (usually):
"But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was CRUSHED for our iniquities..." Isaiah 53:5
Interesting and apt. Wine and oil were symbolic and sacred throughout mediteranean for thousands of years.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491146 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are now encroaching on the definition and description of ANG[EL] and "in our image". One which will also require a definitive frame of time of/for the creation of each, and/or both in order to ascertain the purpose and duties of either.
Yup. I figure if we are going to infer things that aren't even in the Bible (fallen angels), might as well take it all the way.

Personally I do not believe in 'Angels' as they would be supernatural beings (deities, gods) and I do not believe such entities exist.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491147 Feb 20, 2013
Dude - he was responding to the theist using the theist's own terms. The theist had called him a douchebag, and his response was orders of magnitude more polite.
I am certain you will rebuke the theist just as strongly now that you realize your blunder, won't you? Just kidding. I know your values.
Christianity. Meh. As you so pithily noted, "Thanks but no thanks."
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not all will hear JESUS, it has been noted and certainly, felt.
That is a good thing ~ why the heck would all of those that disagree here and now end up in the same place when we give up our Ghosts? Ah, of course, I am a Mormon. Rarely mention it in here, due to the evil names I have been called, but none the less, I am twice Christened and can find no other Church that suits me more.
But, in saying that, I don't agree with more than one wife, and in most cases this is not practiced anyway, only by individuals as such. I do drink a cup of coffee each morning, and drink alcohol on occasion, I play the pokies for a bit of fun when I go out with my Sister and BFFL. I read Tarot Cards, Angel Cards, Rune Stones, Romanian Scrolls, Dream Cards, Crystal Healing, Angel Healing, Aromatherapy, Self Healing, chemical detection in foods and beverages and encourage most people I encounter to seek their Spiritual Self, their Soul, so to speak.
This goes against the rules of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - but of course, they will forgive me and accept me as a Member and make me a part of their family and community. Problem is, I feel guilty. When I was a child, I would look at the nicotine stained fingers of the people in the Congregation, and see the things that were not of what was being represented, and wonder why they chose that Religion. Why not another that did not care if you smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol? As long as you did what JESUS did, who cared about the man given name?
Ahh, I should also mention that when I was in grade 7 of primary school, I was going to piano lessons at the Church, and the teacher,(he is probably dead so I won't re-mention his name here, although I have probably written it in my book) an old man to me at the time, with a grey mustache and dirty yellow nicotine stained fingers, chased me around the piano to kiss me.
Actually, I don't think he really chased me, I think I just ran when I realised his intentions. Luckily, as GOD would have it, my friend was with me, and I ran out the room into the corridor yelling, "RUN" and she bolted with me to the bottom of the hill and the bus stop.
GOD gave me the courage to run. My Mum wondered why I dropped out of piano lessons,'cause he had told her I was an excellent pupil, and I have never played the piano again, really, other than messing around a bit. One of my hopes is that one day, I will play a song, perhaps "Calling All Angels" on the piano, and forget that which stuffed up my Faith in people man(kind) and Churches all those years ago.
OK.

Did you intend this for me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Rosesz 646,458
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Atheist Buster 48,329
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Journey 971,616
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 57 min mana92mo 11,533
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 58 min DENG 38,748
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 1 hr Suckcockluver 65
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 1 hr Gravywizard54 30
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 182,639
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web