Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491147 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Dude - he was responding to the theist using the theist's own terms. The theist had called him a douchebag, and his response was orders of magnitude more polite.
I am certain you will rebuke the theist just as strongly now that you realize your blunder, won't you? Just kidding. I know your values.
Christianity. Meh. As you so pithily noted, "Thanks but no thanks."
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not all will hear JESUS, it has been noted and certainly, felt.
That is a good thing ~ why the heck would all of those that disagree here and now end up in the same place when we give up our Ghosts? Ah, of course, I am a Mormon. Rarely mention it in here, due to the evil names I have been called, but none the less, I am twice Christened and can find no other Church that suits me more.
But, in saying that, I don't agree with more than one wife, and in most cases this is not practiced anyway, only by individuals as such. I do drink a cup of coffee each morning, and drink alcohol on occasion, I play the pokies for a bit of fun when I go out with my Sister and BFFL. I read Tarot Cards, Angel Cards, Rune Stones, Romanian Scrolls, Dream Cards, Crystal Healing, Angel Healing, Aromatherapy, Self Healing, chemical detection in foods and beverages and encourage most people I encounter to seek their Spiritual Self, their Soul, so to speak.
This goes against the rules of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - but of course, they will forgive me and accept me as a Member and make me a part of their family and community. Problem is, I feel guilty. When I was a child, I would look at the nicotine stained fingers of the people in the Congregation, and see the things that were not of what was being represented, and wonder why they chose that Religion. Why not another that did not care if you smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol? As long as you did what JESUS did, who cared about the man given name?
Ahh, I should also mention that when I was in grade 7 of primary school, I was going to piano lessons at the Church, and the teacher,(he is probably dead so I won't re-mention his name here, although I have probably written it in my book) an old man to me at the time, with a grey mustache and dirty yellow nicotine stained fingers, chased me around the piano to kiss me.
Actually, I don't think he really chased me, I think I just ran when I realised his intentions. Luckily, as GOD would have it, my friend was with me, and I ran out the room into the corridor yelling, "RUN" and she bolted with me to the bottom of the hill and the bus stop.
GOD gave me the courage to run. My Mum wondered why I dropped out of piano lessons,'cause he had told her I was an excellent pupil, and I have never played the piano again, really, other than messing around a bit. One of my hopes is that one day, I will play a song, perhaps "Calling All Angels" on the piano, and forget that which stuffed up my Faith in people man(kind) and Churches all those years ago.
OK.

Did you intend this for me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491148 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Because they were actually in the very Presence of God in heaven.....
Adam and Eve were 'in the very presence of God', too. According to many we all still are 'in the very presence of God'.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491149 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Never before has such an important point of mine been so utterly misunderstood and mis-stated. You left out the context and constraint within which people are able to make choices. Let's take another look at what I wrote, since you missed the nuanced meaning:
<quoted text>
So no, I did not have a choice to become an atheist or disbelieve in your particular deity. I am the product of my life. My personal journey through development, education and an ongoing battle with maturity led me to the atheist position I hold.
We cannot separate "I" from "everything that has happened to 'I' from birth through development to adulthood."
You were encultured to be a Christian. For all kinds of reasons, you were unable to not be a Christian. Had you a different upbringing, you'd be a different person. Choice has nothing to do with your Christianity - you only have the illusion of choice.
Some of the atheists here grew up in Christian cultures, like you. They tacitly perform Christian culture, though they reject Christianity and its belief system. However, their maturation brought them into contact with ways of thinking that they could not ignore - you can.
I don't believe for a second that you could just choose to be an atheist - you value the spiritual experiences you've had through your faith and, for you, they reinforce your subjective reality.
Unlike you, I'm incapable of experiencing your subjective reality with such naivety. Oh, I can share in the spiritual experiences you have - or in Buddhism, or whatever - but unlike you, I understand how those experiences are shaped by the social, made real by social and cultural forces and produced in and by physical, material brains and bodies.
Free will doesn't exist; you have the illusion of choice. But the chooser - you - is the product of the cumulative myriad bits of your past.
Actually I was into buddhism, so this "encultured" to be a Christian, I no know what you talking about. You must mean enculturated. that must mean just going to church and playing religion.

And I know a lot of hindus and muslims raised/enculturated to be hindus and muslims that are not Christians, but now follow Jesus Christ and still taking full part in they culture. So what you say about enculturated is not the full reality.

People turn and choose to be atheists everyday. You just say in this writings some of the atheists on here reject Christianity and chose atheism. so you contradict you writings in the same writing..wow.

The last writings you say choice exist, now in this writings you say choice is an illusion. you lurching from left to right with you writings.

The reason why you can't experience subjectively the Spirit of YHWH through Jesus Christ, is because you reject Jesus Christ. God is not going to give you such a treasure without you sincerely asking.

YHWH no owe you anything. YHWH not begging you to embrace Jesus Christ. You talking like you is a prize to YHWH God; me laughing!

You talking about experiences shaped by culture and physical forces material body and all that. A everyday experience with Jesus Christ go way beyond no emotion or feeling. an unbeliever can go inside a church service and share the spiritual experience of the Jesus followers. The meditation aspect of buddhism and the sensory mental experience of it is quite spiritual.

But those experiences are fleeting. Is not the same as a all powerful Spiritual Entity directing your life, yet still giving you complete autonomy. That is the definition of All Powerful, that is the Holy Spirit.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491150 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>... A 2nd reason is that they aren't "created" in God's image and likeness, we are. A third reason, we are more like family to God... they are more like employees....
That sounds interesting, upon what does one base this ?

Where does the Bible say angels were 'not created' or that we are loved more (like family) than angels ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491151 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You seem to be saying that if anybody objects to their demonization according your church's version of what is appropriate, that you will fight them.
HIV can be transmitted by means other than sex quite easily. It is like any other blood born pathogen.

It is not restricted homosexual behaviors. Never has been.

Fennario

#491152 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Dr Ians....Is your name "Ted"?
No, not Ted. Did you guess that because of the bear avatar?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491153 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You seem to be saying that if anybody objects to their demonization according your church's version of what is appropriate, that you will fight them.
That is what it read like. The same religious basis for the Inquisitions.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491154 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Right, they believe and find their worth and humanistic values in the non-existence of God which they have yet to prove doesn't exist.
Since they can't prove God's non-existence... they have faith that He doesn't exist.
worth + ship = worship
Logically and semantically that is no different than:

They believe and find their worth and humanistic values in the existence of God which they have yet to prove exists.
Since they can't prove God's existence... they have faith that He exists.

It's a Mexican Stand-off. Always has been.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491155 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Simply sounding the alarm as I find the situation with NAMbLA and all that alarming.
NAMBLA has been around for a long time. Yes, it is disturbing.

It has nothing to do with the majority of homosexuals.

Saying that NAMBLA represents Homosexuals is like saying the KKK represents Christianity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491156 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Audi...
Porsche...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491157 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
GOD: THE ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND
http://conversationalatheist.com/general-essa...
Ways the Christian God is like the most extreme version of an abusive (and possibly psychotic) boyfriend:
[1] Needs constant praise.
[2] Makes you feel guilty for just being human.
[3] Has severe jealousy issues.
[4] He lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.
[5] Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.
[6] Threatens you with eternal torture if you ever leave Him.
[7] He is constantly swearing that He loves you and you need Him.
Ways to tell if you are in danger of being taken advantage of in a relationship with this abusive God:
[8] You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.
[9] You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.
http://conversationalatheist.com/general-essa...
That has to be the greatest theological comment I have ever read.

Thanks.

Fennario

#491158 Feb 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I have enough information needed. Fact-You reject Jesus Christ. Fact-therefore you have not the Holy Spirit Fact- Therefore you have no spiritual discernment.
Fact. There is no holy spirit. Look at Dim. Where do you see any outside help there?
trifecta1 wrote:
Lets demonstrate.
Jesus said this:
Matt 22:37-38
‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’38“This is the great and foremost commandment.39“The second is like it,‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
And then you use this to condemn Jesus-
luke 14:26
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple.
That was your demonstration that I lack discernment? You're using the bible as proof that the bible is accurate? That would be invalid even if the scriptures didn't contradict one another.

But they do, as you just demonstrated. Your bible can be interpreted however you like, and you call your preference "spiritual discernment."
trifecta1 wrote:
Just basic comprehension skills should let you figure out Jesus saying for no reason should anyone come before a person's commitment to Jesus Christ. That simple. Yet you think Jesus telling a person to hate they mother or brother for no reason. Someone with no spiritual discernment would see those two verses as a contradiction. Someone such as yourself.
Your bible says that you are supposed to hate your family. There is no mention of them having to do anything for you to hate them.

How could anyone come between you and your religious beliefs anyway?

And even if they tried, why should you hate them? Isn't it enough to simply disregard them?

You can't polish that turd. Hate means hate.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#491159 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe hell will freeze over TOO!
One can imagine...
Heya! How's my fave parrot?

Fennario

#491160 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
HIV can be transmitted by means other than sex quite easily. It is like any other blood born pathogen. It is not restricted homosexual behaviors. Never has been.
Yes, I remember reading that somewhere.

Was that intended for me? I'm getting some strange replies today.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491161 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Fact. There is no holy spirit. Look at Dim. Where do you see any outside help there?
<quoted text>
That was your demonstration that I lack discernment? You're using the bible as proof that the bible is accurate? That would be invalid even if the scriptures didn't contradict one another.
But they do, as you just demonstrated. Your bible can be interpreted however you like, and you call your preference "spiritual discernment."
<quoted text>
Your bible says that you are supposed to hate your family. There is no mention of them having to do anything for you to hate them.
How could anyone come between you and your religious beliefs anyway?
And even if they tried, why should you hate them? Isn't it enough to simply disregard them?
You can't polish that turd. Hate means hate.
I not trying to polish anything, it no matter to me what you think of the scriptures.

And they many cultures that person would want to come between a person and they alliance to Jesus Christ. In Hindu culture women can get burned or ostracized by they family for embracing another faith, especially Christianity. So in that case Jesus would say cast your family or life away, I Jesus Christ and eternal life is a much greater valuable prize. So that verse in luke can apply to a person hundreds of different ways. You just so use to being American you can't see it.

Yes, you have probably no discernment about scriptures. That was quite a glaring example.

I no know what you fascination with that writer skombolis is, but its not up to me to say whether he go through Holy Spirit baptism, that up to YHWH God. This is just a billboard of ideas and discussion, I no know how you can tell what go on with they life behind this billboard.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491162 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not gonna say that sis, an I'm not gonna influence yer trek with my thoughts either. If I interfere, it would be like tell'n ya the ending of a movie, and ruin the whole experience. You may have more questions than answers though, but that's OK too. You and I will have plenty time ta talk later...Take no wooden nickles.
Hi BT...You are right. This is something that I must do on my own. My belief in God is still there. The thing that I am wondering is DO Christians truely KNOW God? They think they do based on His Word but why do most Christians ignore verses like this...1 Timothy 4:10
New International Version (NIV)

10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God,

WHO is the Savior of ALL people, and ESPECIALLY of those who BELIEVE.

That verse lumps ALL people..believers and unbelievers. So does many more verses. I dont know what the "espescially those who believe" means but the more that I read from Christians and their bias views, I am wondering if it isn't THEIR DESIRE to torment unbelievers and NOT Gods!!!

Jesus paid for our sins with a very high price...God sent the One that Loved Him more than anybody could, to die for those who didn't love Him. Jesus is called our Redeemer..Do people just skim over that word? Do they really KNOW what that means?

How do we know what God is truely able to do the second a person dies? He wants us ALL!! I have some more reading to do but will post more on this..Thanks BT

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491163 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Should we be concerned that a third of the creatures that knew the god personally and what life in heaven was like opted out?
Well none of that is even in the Bible so it isn't even supposed to be believed by believers. <smile>

"Curiouser and curiouser.", said Alice.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#491164 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong again. It's neither rape nor prostitution. Prostitution is the simpleton's way of blaming the victim in societal systems where men control money.
Please read the following points:
http://www.amfar.org/about_hiv_and_aids/facts...
"Worldwide, women constitute more than half of all people living with HIV/AIDS.
- For women in their reproductive years (15–49), HIV/AIDS is the leading cause of death.
- Women are at least twice as likely to acquire HIV from men during sexual intercourse than vice versa.
- A study in South Africa recently suggested that nearly one in seven cases of young women acquiring HIV could have been prevented if the women had not been subjected to intimate partner violence.
- In 2011, 57 percent of pregnant women living with HIV in low- and middle-income countries received effective drug regimens to prevent new HIV infections among children.
- In sub-Saharan Africa, women constitute 58 percent of all people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Among young people aged 15-24, the HIV prevalence rate for young women is twice that of young men."
The problem here is that you do not understand what HIV is. You seem to want it to be some kind of immoral disease. HIV thanks you for that. It's just a virus that can be transmitted through blood or genital excretions. It really doesn't care about the sexuality of the person it infects, it's just happy to have a human host.
Diseases are given meaning (stigma in this case) through the social, but at their heart they are just pieces of information that take advantage of our bodies. Human diseases are enabled by social factors - by inequalities in this case. Moralizing about the victims covers up the deeper problems here.
If women had equal access to economic security as men do, worldwide, HIV rates would be very, very different. If homosexuals weren't discriminated against in Western nations, HIV rates would be different.
Here's a link to the WHO papers on HIV:
http://www.who.int/hiv/data/en/
I'm not wrong... I stated "perhaps" in my last post. The reason why Africa does not have many gay statistics is because a majority of them are in hiding due to strict anti-gay laws there with imprisonment terms. And yes, a stigma over there. Obviously, if there are less gay statistics there are going to be more heterosexual statistics about women... who then pass it on to their children though birth. Men pass on HIV/AIDS to women more than women can transmit to man.

As the link suggests... many gays are still married to hide the fact that they are gay. So basically they are BI because they are still having sex with their wives or girlfriends. Why do you think, according to your statistics above, that women are "twice" as likely to get hiv/aids from men?

I remember looking at a documentary that rapes are at an epidemic in Africa... it doesn't matter if the rapes are from a stranger or from "intimate" partner violence as you stated above. HIV/AIDS can be passed down through any means of rape.

I don't need a course on hiv/aids thank you... You like to project a lot I see. I know more about it than you may think.

By the way, for any, contrary to what some would say...hiv/aids CAN be passed down through oral sex also... especially if the person is bleeding just a little bit on their gums.

Interesting link for those interested

http://www.thegully.com/essays/gaymundo/0403_...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491165 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure sounded like you said that! Let's recap: all loving deity lovingly creates people, and a set of rules that includes eternal punishment (meaning that this is not about learning, but pain) all knowingly that his creation would break these rules.
When we punish someone, it's for a short time. That causes them to learn right from wrong. When you torture someone with no end, you are doing it because you enjoy other's suffering, not because you are trying to teach them anything.
So...yes, you said that your deity was evil in a round about way.
Agreed.

Bible God is as 'evil' as 'good'.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#491166 Feb 20, 2013
We have better statistics here in the U.S. because gays are more open about their sexual habits. And no matter who tries to dismiss it as homophobia... the facts, the CDC... makes the case that hiv/aids is higher and epidemic levels in the lgbtq community though gays comprise of 2% of the population... they make up the majority of the hiv/aids related cases here. The lgbtq community has better access to medical care in the u.s. so now what's the excuse?

Do I believe homosexuality is immoral? According to the Bible sexual immorality is immoral. I also believe unmarried heterosex is immoral and other sexual sins also. That has nothing to do with the statistics here in the states which are more open and honest than in Africa or other places where it's dangerous to be a homosexual in that country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min The Ragin Pagan 703,877
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 53 min FUmonitors 88,636
How to a approach a top foreign dating coach? 3 hr ramon40 1
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 3 hr Rocky 15
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 3 hr carlvei3 1
The REAL reason TWA Flight 800 broke in half 3 hr Doctor REALITY 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr BongoKrap 996,575