Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491109 Feb 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
If they've bought into the doctrine, the doctrine is in.
Five cents, please: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6unugr2sS1...

Fennario

#491110 Feb 20, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
You have criticized, with cheap shots, Skombolis
You've got that reversed.
Here For Now wrote:
I don’t think he cares what you think
That's kind of my point, isn't it? He has forgiven himself.
Here For Now wrote:
If I want advice about something I will not be asking you. Now Skombolis, him I would ask.
LOL.

Fennario

#491111 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I think much of Christian theology can only be described as a form of Stockholm Syndrome. Maybe Battered Spouse Syndrome would be a better explanation.
Serah wrote:
Having been a battered spouse, I can assure you it is not like knowing JESUS.
GOD: THE ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND
http://conversationalatheist.com/general-essa...

Ways the Christian God is like the most extreme version of an abusive (and possibly psychotic) boyfriend:

[1] Needs constant praise.
[2] Makes you feel guilty for just being human.
[3] Has severe jealousy issues.
[4] He lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.
[5] Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.
[6] Threatens you with eternal torture if you ever leave Him.
[7] He is constantly swearing that He loves you and you need Him.

Ways to tell if you are in danger of being taken advantage of in a relationship with this abusive God:

[8] You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.
[9] You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.

Fennario

#491112 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the lake of fire (hell is different) was originally prepared for the devil and his angels due to their sin...(Matthew 25:41)... but because of sin that entered into human race God has to judge that too.
Then the angels were thrown out of heaven before Adam and Eve sinned? You seem to imply that hell was built before the original sin. Is that correct? If so, was hell created before our universe was created, or after?

Fennario

#491113 Feb 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Never before has such an important point of mine been so utterly misunderstood and mis-stated.
Welcome to the "Why Should Jesus Love Me?" thread.

Fennario

#491115 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is the same arguement against mankind esp. Adam and Eve.
So why does God hate angels so much that they are not offered forgiveness ?
Should we be concerned that a third of the creatures that knew the god personally and what life in heaven was like opted out?

Fennario

#491116 Feb 20, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
*Looks like you had a busy day with patients...*I made you some cookies, and lemonade.:)
http://www.landolakes.com/assets/images/recip...
http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/67/23/4/la...
Enjoy, Teddy Bear...:)
Thanks, but I don't see patients any more. I'm retired.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#491117 Feb 20, 2013
~ Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we prefess, for he who promised is faithful...Hebrews 10:23

Morning

“Without agitators nothing in the world would come clean.”

~ The Fun Farm

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491118 Feb 20, 2013
^^^ correction^^^

"prefess" should be "profess"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491119 Feb 20, 2013
Today's Prayer

You Father are not unjust to forget my work and labor of love which I have shown toward Your name, in that I have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Please give me the desire to show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that I do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. In Jesus name I pray, Amen (Hebrews 6)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#491120 Feb 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Please post the link to that info... heterosexual woman due to prostitution and/or rapes perhaps.
You're wrong again. It's neither rape nor prostitution. Prostitution is the simpleton's way of blaming the victim in societal systems where men control money.

Please read the following points:

http://www.amfar.org/about_hiv_and_aids/facts...

"Worldwide, women constitute more than half of all people living with HIV/AIDS.
- For women in their reproductive years (15–49), HIV/AIDS is the leading cause of death.
- Women are at least twice as likely to acquire HIV from men during sexual intercourse than vice versa.
- A study in South Africa recently suggested that nearly one in seven cases of young women acquiring HIV could have been prevented if the women had not been subjected to intimate partner violence.
- In 2011, 57 percent of pregnant women living with HIV in low- and middle-income countries received effective drug regimens to prevent new HIV infections among children.
- In sub-Saharan Africa, women constitute 58 percent of all people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Among young people aged 15-24, the HIV prevalence rate for young women is twice that of young men."

The problem here is that you do not understand what HIV is. You seem to want it to be some kind of immoral disease. HIV thanks you for that. It's just a virus that can be transmitted through blood or genital excretions. It really doesn't care about the sexuality of the person it infects, it's just happy to have a human host.

Diseases are given meaning (stigma in this case) through the social, but at their heart they are just pieces of information that take advantage of our bodies. Human diseases are enabled by social factors - by inequalities in this case. Moralizing about the victims covers up the deeper problems here.

If women had equal access to economic security as men do, worldwide, HIV rates would be very, very different. If homosexuals weren't discriminated against in Western nations, HIV rates would be different.

Here's a link to the WHO papers on HIV:

http://www.who.int/hiv/data/en/

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491121 Feb 20, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth - a stranger, not your own lips.

Proverbs 27:2

K-Love

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#491122 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOL.
Dude - he was responding to the theist using the theist's own terms. The theist had called him a douchebag, and his response was orders of magnitude more polite.
I am certain you will rebuke the theist just as strongly now that you realize your blunder, won't you? Just kidding. I know your values.
Christianity. Meh. As you so pithily noted, "Thanks but no thanks."
Not all will hear JESUS, it has been noted and certainly, felt.

That is a good thing ~ why the heck would all of those that disagree here and now end up in the same place when we give up our Ghosts? Ah, of course, I am a Mormon. Rarely mention it in here, due to the evil names I have been called, but none the less, I am twice Christened and can find no other Church that suits me more.

But, in saying that, I don't agree with more than one wife, and in most cases this is not practiced anyway, only by individuals as such. I do drink a cup of coffee each morning, and drink alcohol on occasion, I play the pokies for a bit of fun when I go out with my Sister and BFFL. I read Tarot Cards, Angel Cards, Rune Stones, Romanian Scrolls, Dream Cards, Crystal Healing, Angel Healing, Aromatherapy, Self Healing, chemical detection in foods and beverages and encourage most people I encounter to seek their Spiritual Self, their Soul, so to speak.

This goes against the rules of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - but of course, they will forgive me and accept me as a Member and make me a part of their family and community. Problem is, I feel guilty. When I was a child, I would look at the nicotine stained fingers of the people in the Congregation, and see the things that were not of what was being represented, and wonder why they chose that Religion. Why not another that did not care if you smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol? As long as you did what JESUS did, who cared about the man given name?

Ahh, I should also mention that when I was in grade 7 of primary school, I was going to piano lessons at the Church, and the teacher,(he is probably dead so I won't re-mention his name here, although I have probably written it in my book) an old man to me at the time, with a grey mustache and dirty yellow nicotine stained fingers, chased me around the piano to kiss me.

Actually, I don't think he really chased me, I think I just ran when I realised his intentions. Luckily, as GOD would have it, my friend was with me, and I ran out the room into the corridor yelling, "RUN" and she bolted with me to the bottom of the hill and the bus stop.

GOD gave me the courage to run. My Mum wondered why I dropped out of piano lessons,'cause he had told her I was an excellent pupil, and I have never played the piano again, really, other than messing around a bit. One of my hopes is that one day, I will play a song, perhaps "Calling All Angels" on the piano, and forget that which stuffed up my Faith in people man(kind) and Churches all those years ago.

#491123 Feb 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good early morning Serah.
Ahhh, good Happy Mid Evening, Lawest100; it is just after 9pm and today has been one of expectation overload. I thought that your posting was just the perfect post to reply to, because of the happiness you displayed. Far and few between in here these days, but once upon a time, as you may recall, our postings were of substance filled with meaning, more so than postings filled with insults and arguments.

So, you may recall that I have been thinking of running Spiritual Workshops, teaching people how to seek the energy of the Universe, and showing them how these messages of today link in with our Holy Bibles'.

Cutting a long story short, I think GOD has given me the opportunity to set something up, five minutes from my work and rented by one of our suppliers. It will save me petrol for two days a week, or more (plus nearly 2 hours a day driving), and I can set it up exactly as I feel suits the (need).

I haven't yet discussed the business opportunity yet, but have discussed the place/home for rent, and I have no doubts things would fit into the plans that were set some time ago. I might even work on my book LOL,'cause I would like to go back to the no TV scenario. Maybe make some Dream Catchers again :)

GOD Bless, and HE never ceases to amaze me....

Some stable somewhere

#491124 Feb 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, great post, Hiding.
You are the antithesis of the abysmal muck.
You shine the light on all of us.
Ah, Catcher, your kindness elevates me.

Thank you learned sir.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491125 Feb 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom,
Have you ever heard about my past? It's a lot like yours. I didn't sell drugs but I was a cocaine user. Spent time in prison as well for writing checks to support my habit. I have been clean for 8 years now and I DO have a profession that pays very well AND I am going to college to obtain a bachelor degree in Human Services. I am interested in Substance Abuse Prevention for Juveniles. I am studying to become a counselor but there are many opportunities that I have been offered. I believe that many ex-inmates get released and work hard to put their life back together. There are some who make a career out of crime then there are those of us who have to work 10 times harder to acheive our goals but it will not go un-noticed. We learned to accept and appreciate what most people will never know or truly understand.."The value of freedom and change". I never allow anybody to make me feel guilty for my past anymore. I can't change my past but I can and did change my future. Some people will never know the hardship that we faced and continue to face daily but Because I had to work harder than the average person to get what they have, I became a much stronger person and YES, I give all the Glory to the One that changed me..Our Lord and Saviour. You keep your head up Skom. God can take a MESS and turn it into a MESSAGE.
A_M_E_N.....My verse from yesterday....This is one of my favorite verses...

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

2 Corinthians 5:17

Some stable somewhere

#491126 Feb 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
You must give the seminar this month.
arigato Tide-sama. kimi mo atama ii ne.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#491127 Feb 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom-m-m-m-m-m >>>she's gone<<<
LUV U 2 Sister Friend!
>>>Butterfly kisses<<<

GOoD to see your PEACE and LOVE on here....We NEED it!!

((*_-))

#491128 Feb 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
GOD: THE ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND
Ways the Christian God is like the most extreme version of an abusive (and possibly psychotic) boyfriend:
[1] Needs constant praise.
[2] Makes you feel guilty for just being human.
[3] Has severe jealousy issues.
[4] He lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.
[5] Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.
[6] Threatens you with eternal torture if you ever leave Him.
[7] He is constantly swearing that He loves you and you need Him.
Ways to tell if you are in danger of being taken advantage of in a relationship with this abusive God:
[8] You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.
[9] You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.
When the man who had molested me when I was young (also of course in my book "The Morning Star' which promotes the strength of Prayer, called me a liar for confronting him in front of my Mother and Sister, shot and killed my six month old Golden Labrador, you could say I was devastated.

This is old news, so I don't want to bore those that know me well with this old carp again, but GOD and Prayer got me through those times of laying in bed breaking my heart. I could not cry, the sobs would wrack my body and I would not be able to breathe.... so I held it in, and gave it to GOD.

HE gave me a Shetland Pony (Fury) to love and recover with, and when I prayed and prayed to keep evil away, I had a Golden Labrador knocking on my door each Sunday for weeks, and when he stopped coming, I realised my head was not filled with voices that really did appear to be evil, which was why I prayed so much to begin with.

No-one can tell me that Prayer does not work and that GOD is not there; it is just that we have to reach out to receive. And guess what? All of your accusations have been against GOD, and not about the man(kind) that deliver them!!

And yep, I will be Praising his GODLINESS until my dying day, and thanking HIM always for getting me through that which was unbearable. Recall, I have a heart they say cares too much, and I have said simply, let me care, that is what a heart is for :)

#491129 Feb 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
You Father are not unjust to forget my work and labor of love which I have shown toward Your name, in that I have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Please give me the desire to show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that I do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. In Jesus name I pray, Amen (Hebrews 6)
Hey Epi ~ I will be able to set up my Aromatherapy Oils in the new home/place business if I do decide to 'man up' and go for it. My inner self is excited, not goosebumps when not being cold, but that excited for no reason feeling, so I am sure that if I make the effort, things will work out the way they should.

I do not want to become sluggish, and have just joined the gym again (probably due to Catcher1's overweight inference) and kick starting my life into gear. Will be helping out in the Bottle Shop office on Friday seeing as the Manager is sick and I have to train them how to enter the stock into the system.

Always interesting doing something different.

Lordy, how many I's are in my posting? Looks like heaps, but not going to change it because it is what I meant to say, along with AMEN to your beautiful Prayer!! GOD Bless xx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min PELE78 55,911
Massage for ladies in Muscat 29 min Ziyad 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min River Tam 972,382
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 649,768
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 427
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 70
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 2 hr Johnny 39
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web