“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#490982 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Are u kidding me? Im not at home so I cant link it. You said incest with consensual adults is different than consensual gay sex when Riverside said you were a hypocrite for not accepting all or nothing and one of the reasons you listed was because they were more likely to try to coerce a minor.
Maybe I didn't make clear that my comment addressed coercion of minor children within a family, to accept a consensual incestuous relationship >once they reach adulthood<.

That would be different than consensual adult sex between non family members - since that wouldn't involve incest.

Let me look that up for you - right now.

Here's the conversation with Ar Ar:

RiversideRedneck wrote: What a minute here. I see... "Consenting adults" is fine as long as they aren't related, right?
scaritual wrote:
Correct, and for the reasons I've stated previously

RiversideRedneck wrote: You're a hypocrite, dude.
scaritual wrote:
No, I'm not a hypocrite. You're comparing something that isn't related. Same sex relations between consenting adults does not run the risk of increased birth defects, nor does it have the possibility of adult family members coercing or putting undue pressures upon minor children within the family to participate in an incestuous relationship once they reach adulthood.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/topstor...

OH WAIT, I DID SAY AND SPECIFY EXACTLY THAT.

Your misunderstanding was due to your inability to comprehend what I did say.

Ar Ar got it.

You didn't.
Skombolis wrote:
You said it yesterday, I posted you about it and G posted about it.
I didn't respond to your post, because you were blathering on about what I understood to be your lack of comprehension about what I said.

I didn't see a post from G_O_D to myself concerning that post you are referencing.

Here's the post you made to myself:
Undue pressure on minors then would have nothing to do with consensual adult relationships and there is no more a correlation between incest and pedopholia then there is between being gay and being a pedophile. Just because someone is attracted to a family member doesnt mean they want to rape children any more than being gay means a man wants to rape boys. And there are laws against gay marriage. A homosexual incestual relationship runs no risk of offspring. Ironically I agree with some of your positions but your arguments hurt way more than they help if you want to link adult consentual relationships and child rape or go by whats legal
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/topstor...

See? You were blathering about things that > you thought I said< that I didn't say.

I didn't respond because, honestly, I thought:

"Holy crap, he couldn't follow instructions on how to strike a match."
how many of you play these games?
You mean the game of trying to decipher just exactly what it is that you don't understand and respond to?
I guarantee every person who posted yesterday and read all the posts would remember but u dont remember ur own post
No, I didn't remember a post you claimed I made - that I didn't make.

That post existed only in your mind.
or the reply I posted to u directly addressing that point?
You mean the post I ignored that you made, since it was in error and I didn't want to highlight your babbling misunderstanding, and lack of comprehension.
Gotta love these new humanist ethics
Yeah, it's a pretty compassionate approach, and for myself, I don't like to highlight another persons incomprehension too much. But in this instance, you left me no other choice.

Do we need to beat this particular horse any longer?

One of my Drill Sergeants used to say:

"Every so often, you gotta pay the piper, and today that's me"

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#490983 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, I already didn't believe in the Trinity concept before your arrival... don't see the need to beat a dead horse if you don't believe in it either.
Got it.

hahaa... I was wondering if that was the import of what you said.

Just clarifying.
mike

AOL

#490984 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God can only be proven by God, not by man.
I cannot prove to you that God is real.
Only God can do that.
Thanks

I think you got caught in a snare with this one, if a GOD did show-up that would simplify things.

Why does a GOD use people to make sooo much noise about a GOD?

Just curious,...what power has your GOD givin you?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#490985 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Pharaoh already stubbornly had hardened his own heart and showed no mercy to the people beforehand. Because of his stubborness and refusal, God pronounced judgement on Him by hardening Pharaoh's heart even further for further judgment... What a man sows, that he shall also reap.
You don't seem to realize that you're making excuses for God's removal of "sacred" free will and caveats for having it.
Yes... God created the universe and He could have easily created mankind without free will. No free will then how can love be genuine? We would be robotic basically.
So you don't believe that God perfectly created the universe and planned everything out? It's kind of random, but he knows the outcome?
This is what the scripture says in Matthew 27:
3 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, HE WAS SEIZED WITH REMORSE and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders.
4“I HAVE SINNED,” he said,“for I have betrayed innocent blood.”
“What is that to us?” they replied.“That’s your responsibility.”
5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.
Does Judas say anywhere in there that he blamed God? It does acknowledge his own shame and guilt though. All for the greed of 30 pieces of silver.
Of course - he was just used by an all powerful deity. What else is he going to do?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490986 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. This place isn't for you. I think rather this place needs people like you.
This thread is full of cultural incest. It is only by introducing new thoughts into it that it can be healthy.
Yaaaay!

It needs you more, though. I don't know the first thing about scripture other than the Bible and few here have the depth of knowledge you do with the history of Christianity and it's theological thinking.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490987 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was pretty stupid.
People will go out of their way to avoid the obvious.
Maybe the next one will have him landing on spikes that are supported by rattlesnakes, over a pit of acid, trembling because a jokulhaups just broke free and the icy waters are raging toward poor Judas. Meanwhile, a magma uprising is just now surging...
Doctor REALITY

Benton, AR

#490988 Feb 19, 2013
Have you heard the Gospel Message of the Lord Jesus Christ?? Have you heard it and chose to ignore it,procrastinate on it,outright reject it?? If this is true of you,my friend,God wants you to know that you're living on borrowed time,and that you're flying....on EMPTY: http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490989 Feb 19, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, this is a place for you..
Not sure why you'd want to stay, but you add a new light.
Many of your friends do.
You posted something a while back asking why doesn't God just write in the sky in shocking pink-- "I am here- I am real!" (something like that..)
- I loved it!!
- I still smile when thinking of that-- you caught my interest..
Love reading your posts. you have much to offer our world, I can see this..
:)
Ah, thanks :)

The thing is, Buddha did that - wrote in the sky, in shocking pink, "koko ni iruyo! watakushi iruyo!!!" but he did it in ancient Magadhi, just as the sunset, so no one understood and we all thought it was just a neat cloud formation.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490990 Feb 19, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>is a grin too much?<<<
I always see the smile in your words, PW.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#490991 Feb 19, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
..Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction....
Interesting that an atheist echoed that.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" - Nietzsche

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490992 Feb 19, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo who ?
The Lord's Prayer...
>>>BigSmile<< < and if you need, >>>a HUG<<<
No need ta cry PW Be aight!
Read the last line...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#490993 Feb 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe hell will freeze over TOO!
Prior to the Medieval concept of a fiery Hell, Hell was depicted as a place of extreme cold.

So I guess the appropriate saying would be "When Hell freezes, again."

<smile>

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490994 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Apes evolving into humans is an even sillier statement. lol!!
<quoted text>An All-loving, perfectly moral Deity wouldn't want to send His Creation to eternal punishment... but He can't go back on His Word. Hence the sacrifice for sin for those who would accept Salvation from that eternal punishment.
<quoted text>He is all loving... but God is Truthful also.
Jesus: "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."
<quoted text>He will forgive you if you repent of your heavy sins... one can't be into sin and be innocent. Only Christ shed blood "as The Atonement" washes away our sins... and if we slip we can repent and be restored into right relationship through what He did for you and me on the cross. But one must have confidence in Him.
<quoted text>That's because it is a higher logic. It is spiritual, not carnal.
hahaha! I have to admit, I burst out laughing with your words - totally funny.

Allow me to distill them: "God is all loving, so He Created hell, a place of eternal torture, for His favored Creation. He will Lovingly send His Creation to hell. God Created hell because He is honest."

No kidding you don't "believe" in biological science. With the kind of rationality you've demonstrated above, I can't imagine why you'd accept the precepts of evidenced based reasoning, either.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490995 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I see you have made some accusations about believers while excusing your own "friends" behaviors on here. Seems like we all got that "bias" gene in us after all.
In any case, I did enjoy responding to your posts. If you must go... vaya con Dios.
Ah, that's kind of you.

I don't excuse anyone. Or maybe I excuse everyone. I don't think you really understood my words. Allow me to paraphrase: Christians aren't especially bad people. Their religion is like any other in that it makes impossible, non-objectively real claims that are subjectively real to its believers.

You'll note that doesn't speak to atheists. Some of the topix posters here are not actually atheists, but simply non-believers. There's a subtle difference. I'm full on atheist. And, unlike other atheists, I understand that my stance is one of belief - I believe in the non-existence of deities. Not just your particular one that (notice I'm not using "who" purposefully) has captured your mind, but all of them - just like you are an atheist with regards to every deity but your own.

To quote Dawkins "I just go one god further" than you in my disbelief.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#490996 Feb 19, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Have you heard the Gospel Message of the Lord Jesus Christ?? Have you heard it and chose to ignore it,procrastinate on it,outright reject it?? If this is true of you,my friend,God wants you to know that you're living on borrowed time,and that you're flying....on EMPTY: http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Enjoy Hell, DR.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490997 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to the Medieval concept of a fiery Hell, Hell was depicted as a place of extreme cold.
So I guess the appropriate saying would be "When Hell freezes, again."
<smile>
Well...I know that too ...but member that salt takes a lot ta freeze too...it's more fun ta run with the brimstone stuff G.
:)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490998 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. It's an uphill battle. Some posters on this thread want to equate ignorance with religion.
Fight the good fight, HL. You've got at least one Christian Redneck on your side.
Religion promotes ignorance if it promotes adherence to dogmatic belief. If science promoted adherence to dogmatic belief, it too would be promoting ignorance.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490999 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear not, Hiding.
Redneck's always watching...
:O
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, doubting...
It's the gun. Men always respond that way.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491000 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck has had snake but not sake.
You'll have to try snake-whiskey then!

http://www.google.co.jp/imgres...

https://www.google.co.jp/search...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#491001 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.:)
Pass on that wisdom to the atheists too, will ya?
I think the atheists get it - that's why we're atheists :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Christian with Jesus 838,057
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Regina 589,924
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min onemale 271,319
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Rosa_Winkel 99,808
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 47 min Lost In Transition 176,890
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 48 min Dougie6969 829
did mae hensley die? 1 hr sadden 1
More from around the web