Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491028 Feb 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats ok..You can stay here on topix ALL DAY kissing A@@ to all those who use to treat you like dirt...but hey,,it worked for you, didnt old pal? They are not being mean to you anymore. Good job!!
WTF????

Who would that be ? The dozens of people that I have had nasty arguements with but never hated and I do not think they treateed me like dirt ?

Let's see, that would include Annie, EPI, Skom, Quin, CS, WaterNymph, Lil Whispers, HFN, IANS, Hiding, Happy Lesbo, Blindman, Christianman, JLu, etc. & etc.

Now there are a couple who treated me like dirt, and I returned the favor, but a few of them have become much liked by me without changing their beliefs one IOTA. The most recent example would be Knowledge.

My heart is open to anyone. Some just make it so damn hard to love them.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491029 Feb 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too quick to judge someone elses beliefs Duane. I am actually doing a study now because I too am wondering if a "Hell" even exist for humans. Why would a all loving God send His own creation to hell? Dont be like others and lump all Christians together on this thread but on the other thread you disagree with them for doing the very thing you are doing here. That is hypocritical also. You change as much as the weather up here..
I would be interested in what you conclude from it, if and when you do. As you already know, my beliefs are entirely different than any others.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491030 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I have read your volumes of posts for a few months.
I am not judging your beliefs, I am condemning your totalitarianism.
You can believe anything you want, when you try to shove it down other people's throats then you are not much better than rapist.
It's YOU thats on here ALL day long, pushing your beliefs and opinions on here. You haven't had much success condemning anything that pertains to me. You just THINK you did. You just follow the largest crowd and keep puckering up for them Duane. I have read volumes of your post too and you are very transparent. Stop shoving your "opinions" down everyones throat. You are just like all the other religious nuts who point their finger at everyone else while you do the same thing...Whatever!! I have always tried to be nice to you. I thought you were a better person. I guess I thought wrong. Wont be the last time that I will be wrong about something. Have a nice night.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491031 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding, you're a total fraud.
I know you copied and pasted that welcome comment.
Do you have a problem with the lack of citation or with Hiding ?

Note to all, citaions are rarely required outside of academia and formal publishing.

Please read the "Fair Use" clauses of the Copyright act.

That said, it is honest and polite to give credit where credit is due.

Location hidden

#491032 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF????
Who would that be ? The dozens of people that I have had nasty arguements with but never hated and I do not think they treateed me like dirt ?
Let's see, that would include Annie, EPI, Skom, Quin, CS, WaterNymph, Lil Whispers, HFN, IANS, Hiding, Happy Lesbo, Blindman, Christianman, JLu, etc. & etc.
Now there are a couple who treated me like dirt, and I returned the favor, but a few of them have become much liked by me without changing their beliefs one IOTA. The most recent example would be Knowledge.
I didnt say you changed their beliefs. I am just confused by your constant changes. Why do you have to keep criticizing all Christians and then when I ask you WHO you were talking about, YOU were refering to me. I have NEVER criticized you for your beliefs and have treated you with respect and then you want to turn on me? You were never like this before.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491033 Feb 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Mr. Trifecta1. It almost seems like they want to force you to hate the homosexuals. I have much better things to do with my time and my brain space than to fill it with hating the gays. besides, I have said it countless times; I don't hate people regardless of the weird things they do, but every single one of us in this room hates at least one ism, lifestyle or habit of someone they know, knew or have heard about. Which then makes their argument a waste of time and pointless. They prolong this conversation without valid reason and yet they still don't want to hear what you have to say about it. Then you have people like IANS and Catcher1 who are encouraging this useless argument.
How futile and pathetic their arguments have become. And like Satan who knows he will lose, all they want to do is drag you into the abysmal muck with them. I would hope we would have better things to reason or discuss about.
Shalom!
Andrew (CS).
you see the thing with freethinkers and homosexuals is that they simple. They want to think they of some higher intellect but they simple people.

they have to fit Christians into hating homosexuals, else they argument against we can't work. they have to fit christians into being bigots or else they can't call christians evil.

they no have no choice. so they plot clear, but it not only no make any sense, but it desperate and foolish.

Because many people behave badly either they drunkards or they drug users or like to cuss or they like to commit adultery. but as a Christian you no hate the person, but you tell the person they behavior wrong. is the same thing Christians do with the homosexuals, is the same thing I see you do.

So if a Christian have a lick of sense, they see the plot and scheme these homosexuals and freethinkers want to box them in. is up to them not to get trapped.

I no get trapped, I see you no get trapped either, actually almost all the christians on here I see call homosexuality for what it is.

The freethinkers on here and the homosexuals have shown themselves to be desperate disgraceful Hypocrites. they want consent by adults for they behavior, but think it wrong for consenting adult relatives to have sex or want laws change for them but no want the consenting laws change.

pure Hypocrisy.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#491034 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
RPFLMAO, what a hypocrite!
that no mean much coming from an abuser like you. have any more homosexuals dreams about paul yet?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#491035 Feb 19, 2013
Once upon a time there were three Christians who went to a gay parade.

Two witnessed their way and one witnessed God's way.

God blessed one of them. How refreshing.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491036 Feb 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's YOU thats on here ALL day long, pushing your beliefs and opinions on here....
Pushing my beliefs ?

I have few beliefs to push. I have lots of spiritual questions that Christians can't answer and lots of verifiable facts that Christians as well as non-christians don't want to hear.

You can't seem to tell the difference between facts and beliefs. That is part of Christianity's problem.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#491037 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you're already in the abysmal muck.
Whatever that means, it sounds great.
OK though, let's talk about better things.
You start.
I no think that Jesus follower in no muck. is the muck you want to keep screwing that why you no like what he say.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491038 Feb 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt say you changed their beliefs. I am just confused by your constant changes. Why do you have to keep criticizing all Christians and then when I ask you WHO you were talking about, YOU were refering to me. I have NEVER criticized you for your beliefs and have treated you with respect and then you want to turn on me? You were never like this before.
You need to reread your posts of the last few months.

I didn't "turn on you" I was responding to you with an easy example.
You have given me many reasons to reject Christianity, you are just one of many. I don't hate you at all. Rather I thank you.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491039 Feb 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
As expected. Why would you do the right thing?
Hey! I just read an article at http://o.canada.com/2013/02/18/201413/ called "New study raises questions about religion as deterrent against criminal behaviour" reinforcing my argument about how useless your religion and its ethics are, especially in the case of somebody like our friend the felon.
"A provocative new study is challenging assumptions about the deterrent effect of religion on criminal behaviour. The U.S. study found that through “purposeful distortion or genuine ignorance,” hardcore criminals often co-opt religious doctrine to justify or further their crimes."
Bingo! They do whatever they want and consider themselves forgiven! Read on:
"Prison ministries shouldn’t just be about presenting religious doctrine because some inmates might take religious teachings to excuse their behaviour, lead author Volkan Topalli, a criminal justice professor at Georgia State University, said in an interview Monday."
How embarrassing for Dim! Here's more:
"One 33-year-old criminal, identified in the study by the nickname “Triggerman,” refused to accept the suggestion that a consequence of murder was eternal damnation.“No, no, no, I don’t think that is right,” he told the researchers.“Anything can be forgiven. We live in Hell now and you can do anything in Hell.… God has to forgive everyone, even if they don’t believe in him."
He couldn't have expressed the forgiveness on demand doctrine any better than that. But this guy did:
"A 25-year-old criminal nicknamed “Cool” said he always does a “quick little prayer” before committing a crime in order to “stay cool with Jesus.” As long as you ask for forgiveness, Jesus has to give it to you, he said."
Oh my! They know Dim too well.
This may be why Christians like you would rather take any stand against an unbeliever however justified he is rather than criticize one of your own:
"He also suggested that if a crime is committed against another “bad person,” such as a dope dealer or child molester,“then it don’t count against me because it’s like I’m giving punishment to them for Jesus."
Oh dear.
So, they can say what they want it doesn’t make it so. You can find someone to say just about anything about anything if you want to.

The reason I said that if I were going to take a stand it would be against your prejudices against Christians and your double standard for them. That you rag on them for doing things that you do, sometimes in the same post. And that no one is interested in giving up their rights so you can have your way. That that should not surprise you but as self centered and grouchy as you are it probably does, is because, well exactly what I said. You can try and twist it but the reason still remains the same. Like I said I have skipped most of your posts but from what I have read you are anything but justified.

You have criticized, with cheap shots, Skombolis (and Christians in general) enough for at least 10 people, trying to get to him by playing dirty. But guess what, I don’t think he cares what you think or what desperate means you use to try and get at him. I know for a fact that people have been arrested, served their time, turned their life around and made it a good life. I also know for a fact that everyone who does not serve time is not innocent. They either knew someone or didn’t get caught. If I want advice about something I will not be asking you. Now Skombolis, him I would ask. He has turned his life around. Yours on the other hand doesn’t sound like it is doing much for you. If it was you would not be such a self centered grouch.

Go tell it to someone who is gullible and might be willing to give up their right just so you can have your way. I not that someone.
lil whispers

United States

#491040 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF????
Being sincere You just made me soooo happy.

Location hidden

#491041 Feb 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I would be interested in what you conclude from it, if and when you do. As you already know, my beliefs are entirely different than any others.
Hi BT..I will be happy to share it with you. I know you believe differently, that has never stopped us from learning from one another. I can send you a few links if you want me too. This has been weighing heavily on my mind lately and I just have to study more on it. I know what the bible say's about it but Jesus changed everything. Here is one paragraph of what I am reading now..

1. God Is love

My first simple thesis is that if God is God, the Almighty, the Creator of all things, the Omnipresent, then we can think of no place or being whatever outside him. If there were a place out side him, God would not be all in all, the Creator of all things. How can we think of him creating a place or being where he is not present? What, then, about hell?

There is a lot more to the first paragraph but it ties in with this and it really has be searching..

The second and equally essential factor is that after Jesus Christ we know that God is love. This is the central revelation. How can we conceive of him who is love ceasing to love one of his creatures? How can we think that God can cease to love the creation that he has made in his own image? This would be a contradiction in terms. God cannot cease to be love.

If we combine the two theses we see at once that nothing can exist outside God's love, for God is all in all. It is unthinkable that there should exist a place of suffering, of torment, of the domination of evil, of beings that merely hate since their only function is to torture. It is astounding that Christian theology should not have seen at a glance how impossible this idea is. Being love, God cannot send to hell the creation which he so loved that he gave his only Son for it. He cannot reject it because it is his creation. This would be to cut off himself.

Of course, I wont stop at just this study, That would be foolish. I have a lot more that I have been reading. But, what do you think? If My God is Love and created us in HIS image and DIED for us to give us a free gift of eternal life because HE LOVES His creation, Then How could a loving God send someone to hell and PLEASE Christians...Dont jump in here and say..God doesnt send anyone to hell, people send theirselves because I dont need to hear that right now. Thanks

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#491042 Feb 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I must have missed your first post.
First, I do not believe in the concept of "free will" nor the concept of a Creator-deity. So...I see the responsibility of the repercussions of human action falling squarely on human actors within a social network and society.
All people are constrained by the accident of birth, their socioeconomic status, skin color, sexual orientation, place of birth, parents, community, education, genes and development. I might be missing some things. Free will is a silly, childlike definition of the illusion of choice.
Sure, you are capable of making choices - but you know what, you make choices because of who you are, your past, and everything in your life. They're predictable, not random, and usually have some kind of rationality to them. Hence, the disciplines of psychology, sociology, history and anthropology are able to study and make sense of human action.
So, to answer your question, there are multiple levels of responsibility. The society that creates social inequalities, thereby restricting access to wealth, food and health resources. The culture that promotes alcohol as a relaxant and social drink, while largely covering up or ignoring its more dangerously addictive qualities. Individuals who fall into certain paths that lead them into stress and drugs. The bar for needing profits, the bartender for needing tips, the customer for becoming inebriated and making poor choices, the friends for not getting the customer home, the lack of public transportation options that would enable safe passage home, etc.
well lady you say this---

[First, I do not believe in the concept of "free will" nor the concept of a Creator-deity. So...I see the responsibility of the repercussions of human action falling squarely on human actors within a social network and society]

Ok then. No one making you believe on Jesus or a Creator. But in your own words you must agree Judas responsible for his own actions.

So to sum up you writings, People make Choices. It no matter for whatever sociological or psychological or whatever brand of study you want to put to it. You say People make Choices. And people are responsible and accountable for those choices.

You CHOSE not to believe a deity exist. You CHOSE not to believe in a free will. You CHOSE to be an atheist/freethinker.

YOU CHOSE.

I no care what motives or what explanations you give, you no answer to me.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491043 Feb 19, 2013
Sorry if this double posts.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
As expected. Why would you do the right thing?
Hey! I just read an article at http://o.canada.com/2013/02/18/201413/ called "New study raises questions about religion as deterrent against criminal behaviour" reinforcing my argument about how useless your religion and its ethics are, especially in the case of somebody like our friend the felon.
"A provocative new study is challenging assumptions about the deterrent effect of religion on criminal behaviour. The U.S. study found that through “purposeful distortion or genuine ignorance,” hardcore criminals often co-opt religious doctrine to justify or further their crimes."
Bingo! They do whatever they want and consider themselves forgiven! Read on:
"Prison ministries shouldn’t just be about presenting religious doctrine because some inmates might take religious teachings to excuse their behaviour, lead author Volkan Topalli, a criminal justice professor at Georgia State University, said in an interview Monday."
How embarrassing for Dim! Here's more:
"One 33-year-old criminal, identified in the study by the nickname “Triggerman,” refused to accept the suggestion that a consequence of murder was eternal damnation.“No, no, no, I don’t think that is right,” he told the researchers.“Anything can be forgiven. We live in Hell now and you can do anything in Hell.… God has to forgive everyone, even if they don’t believe in him."
He couldn't have expressed the forgiveness on demand doctrine any better than that. But this guy did:
"A 25-year-old criminal nicknamed “Cool” said he always does a “quick little prayer” before committing a crime in order to “stay cool with Jesus.” As long as you ask for forgiveness, Jesus has to give it to you, he said."
Oh my! They know Dim too well.
This may be why Christians like you would rather take any stand against an unbeliever however justified he is rather than criticize one of your own:
"He also suggested that if a crime is committed against another “bad person,” such as a dope dealer or child molester,“then it don’t count against me because it’s like I’m giving punishment to them for Jesus."
Oh dear.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491044 Feb 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you see the thing with freethinkers and homosexuals is that they simple. They want to think they of some higher intellect but they simple people.
lol

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491045 Feb 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I no think that Jesus follower in no muck. is the muck you want to keep screwing that why you no like what he say.
Your post alone is worth the price of admission to this thread.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#491046 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
You are simple. All you philosophy do for you is make you into an immoral reprobate Hypocrite. Yeah.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#491047 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post alone is worth the price of admission to this thread.
Good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 55,894
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Just Saying 972,381
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 24 min DENG 39,052
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min RoSesz 649,763
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 426
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,930
should i give my brother a bj? (Dec '12) 1 hr James 33
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,291
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web