Why Should Jesus Love Me?
lil whispers

United States

#491013 Feb 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex doesn't make HIV. Lack of sex education and social inequalities promotes its spread though. If you want HIV to stop, then you have to battle poverty and discrimination - especially sexism against women and against homosexuals.
So you don't think Christians have hang-ups with sex?
I'm from Japan, baby, and you're asking me if I know how to give a sexual massage? How many hours would you like to beg? It's best to decide that in advance, since you'll change your mind in just a few minutes...
:)
Yep copied from the internet almost word for word.lol Yep you know it all lol.But without internet you be up a creek without paddle lol

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#491014 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You see that the concept of "love" is not universally defined.
I think much of Christian theology can only be described as a form of Stockholm Syndrome. Maybe Battered Spouse Syndrome would be a better explanation.
Brilliant, sheer brilliance.

I always thought that it was a crazed stalker people like him worshiped.

Some stable somewhere

#491015 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many people who are not susceptible to the placebo effect, hypnosis, and/or peer pressure.
Sadly, they are often the ones making crap up to manipulate and abuse those that are susceptible to such things.
On many occassions they are also the ones who make the world a much better place for their fellow man.
Well, I am utterly susceptible to peer pressure! Just not the other things. Oh, well.

Some stable somewhere

#491016 Feb 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep copied from the internet almost word for word.lol Yep you know it all lol.But without internet you be up a creek without paddle lol
I copied it from the Internet? Where did I get it from?

You know, some of us actually have an education here...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491017 Feb 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I must have missed your first post.
First, I do not believe in the concept of "free will" nor the concept of a Creator-deity. So...I see the responsibility of the repercussions of human action falling squarely on human actors within a social network and society.
All people are constrained by the accident of birth, their socioeconomic status, skin color, sexual orientation, place of birth, parents, community, education, genes and development. I might be missing some things. Free will is a silly, childlike definition of the illusion of choice.
Sure, you are capable of making choices - but you know what, you make choices because of who you are, your past, and everything in your life. They're predictable, not random, and usually have some kind of rationality to them. Hence, the disciplines of psychology, sociology, history and anthropology are able to study and make sense of human action.
So, to answer your question, there are multiple levels of responsibility. The society that creates social inequalities, thereby restricting access to wealth, food and health resources. The culture that promotes alcohol as a relaxant and social drink, while largely covering up or ignoring its more dangerously addictive qualities. Individuals who fall into certain paths that lead them into stress and drugs. The bar for needing profits, the bartender for needing tips, the customer for becoming inebriated and making poor choices, the friends for not getting the customer home, the lack of public transportation options that would enable safe passage home, etc.
Great, great post, Hiding.

You are the antithesis of the abysmal muck.

You shine the light on all of us.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491018 Feb 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi G..
What kind of Christian are you refering to? Please be more specific.
Got a mirror ?
lil whispers

United States

#491019 Feb 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I copied it from the Internet? Where did I get it from?
You know, some of us actually have an education here...
Yep you copied.Anyone can look up what you copied.
What you really know and what you think you know are two different things.I not here to argue with you just don't try to make others swallow your system of education.I not interest in purchasing thank you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491020 Feb 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Personally, I'd rather burn...that's how I intend ta go out...pyre an all...faster return ta the All than that bury crap. I got a couple ole' Druid pals that kin take care o' business.
I am reminded of a lofe insurance salesman asking "Who will pay the bills if you die.". My reply was "I won't care, I'll be dead."

I leave the disposal process decisions to others but I would like a 1st cent. method entombment in Jerusalem... you never know. <wink>

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#491021 Feb 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I'm sorry, I must have missed your first post.
First, I do not believe in the concept of "free will" nor the concept of a Creator-deity. So...I see the responsibility of the repercussions of human action falling squarely on human actors within a social network and society.
All people are constrained by the accident of birth, their socioeconomic status, skin color, sexual orientation, place of birth, parents, community, education, genes and development. I might be missing some things. Free will is a silly, childlike definition of the illusion of choice.
Sure, you are capable of making choices - but you know what, you make choices because of who you are, your past, and everything in your life. They're predictable, not random, and usually have some kind of rationality to them. Hence, the disciplines of psychology, sociology, history and anthropology are able to study and make sense of human action.
So, to answer your question, there are multiple levels of responsibility. The society that creates social inequalities, thereby restricting access to wealth, food and health resources. The culture that promotes alcohol as a relaxant and social drink, while largely covering up or ignoring its more dangerously addictive qualities. Individuals who fall into certain paths that lead them into stress and drugs. The bar for needing profits, the bartender for needing tips, the customer for becoming inebriated and making poor choices, the friends for not getting the customer home, the lack of public transportation options that would enable safe passage home, etc.
Brilliant!

You must give the seminar this month.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491022 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a mirror ?
You are too quick to judge someone elses beliefs Duane. I am actually doing a study now because I too am wondering if a "Hell" even exist for humans. Why would a all loving God send His own creation to hell? Dont be like others and lump all Christians together on this thread but on the other thread you disagree with them for doing the very thing you are doing here. That is hypocritical also. You change as much as the weather up here..

Some stable somewhere

#491023 Feb 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
thank you.
You're welcome.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491024 Feb 19, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
You must give the seminar this month.
Yep, cause next month Hiding has KP duty.

Location hidden

#491025 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer ice cream to grilled cheese.
Some Christians sure make Hell of any kind preferable to a sociopathic deity with MPD and a room full babbling idiots kissing its ass in Heaven.
Thats ok..You can stay here on topix ALL DAY kissing A@@ to all those who use to treat you like dirt...but hey,,it worked for you, didnt old pal? They are not being mean to you anymore. Good job!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491026 Feb 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too quick to judge someone elses beliefs Duane.....
Nope. I have read your volumes of posts for a few months.

I am not judging your beliefs, I am condemning your totalitarianism.
You can believe anything you want, when you try to shove it down other people's throats then you are not much better than rapist.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491027 Feb 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
Hiding, you're a total fraud.

I know you copied and pasted that welcome comment.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491028 Feb 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats ok..You can stay here on topix ALL DAY kissing A@@ to all those who use to treat you like dirt...but hey,,it worked for you, didnt old pal? They are not being mean to you anymore. Good job!!
WTF????

Who would that be ? The dozens of people that I have had nasty arguements with but never hated and I do not think they treateed me like dirt ?

Let's see, that would include Annie, EPI, Skom, Quin, CS, WaterNymph, Lil Whispers, HFN, IANS, Hiding, Happy Lesbo, Blindman, Christianman, JLu, etc. & etc.

Now there are a couple who treated me like dirt, and I returned the favor, but a few of them have become much liked by me without changing their beliefs one IOTA. The most recent example would be Knowledge.

My heart is open to anyone. Some just make it so damn hard to love them.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491029 Feb 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too quick to judge someone elses beliefs Duane. I am actually doing a study now because I too am wondering if a "Hell" even exist for humans. Why would a all loving God send His own creation to hell? Dont be like others and lump all Christians together on this thread but on the other thread you disagree with them for doing the very thing you are doing here. That is hypocritical also. You change as much as the weather up here..
I would be interested in what you conclude from it, if and when you do. As you already know, my beliefs are entirely different than any others.

Location hidden

#491030 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I have read your volumes of posts for a few months.
I am not judging your beliefs, I am condemning your totalitarianism.
You can believe anything you want, when you try to shove it down other people's throats then you are not much better than rapist.
It's YOU thats on here ALL day long, pushing your beliefs and opinions on here. You haven't had much success condemning anything that pertains to me. You just THINK you did. You just follow the largest crowd and keep puckering up for them Duane. I have read volumes of your post too and you are very transparent. Stop shoving your "opinions" down everyones throat. You are just like all the other religious nuts who point their finger at everyone else while you do the same thing...Whatever!! I have always tried to be nice to you. I thought you were a better person. I guess I thought wrong. Wont be the last time that I will be wrong about something. Have a nice night.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491031 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding, you're a total fraud.
I know you copied and pasted that welcome comment.
Do you have a problem with the lack of citation or with Hiding ?

Note to all, citaions are rarely required outside of academia and formal publishing.

Please read the "Fair Use" clauses of the Copyright act.

That said, it is honest and polite to give credit where credit is due.

Location hidden

#491032 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF????
Who would that be ? The dozens of people that I have had nasty arguements with but never hated and I do not think they treateed me like dirt ?
Let's see, that would include Annie, EPI, Skom, Quin, CS, WaterNymph, Lil Whispers, HFN, IANS, Hiding, Happy Lesbo, Blindman, Christianman, JLu, etc. & etc.
Now there are a couple who treated me like dirt, and I returned the favor, but a few of them have become much liked by me without changing their beliefs one IOTA. The most recent example would be Knowledge.
My heart is open to anyone. Some just make it so damn hard to love them.
I didnt say you changed their beliefs. I am just confused by your constant changes. Why do you have to keep criticizing all Christians and then when I ask you WHO you were talking about, YOU were refering to me. I have NEVER criticized you for your beliefs and have treated you with respect and then you want to turn on me? You were never like this before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Maxxx_Payne 24,729
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,465
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 7 min Doctor REALITY 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 8 min Bug 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min waaasssuuup 985,588
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 32 min Corbin KY 2009 1
Boone County/Petersburg Distillery workers in B... 2 hr Boone County Bourbon 1
More from around the web