Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490774 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is filled with leaders and sheep. It is also filled with people who are independent or co-dependent. There can be pros and cons to everything but when somebody's self-worth and self-concept is based more on what other people think of them than what they think of themselves then they have a serious problem. I don't know the poster you replied to but I will say in general I have seen a lot of people even on an anonymous forum such as Topix that seem to value being accepted much more than being themselves. In fact who they are often becomes a mirror reflection of those from whom they want the acceptance in hopes that will ensure it.
I personally don't get it. I was going to say it makes me sick but that is way too harsh. Some people just are not mentally strong. But IMO anyway it is something anyone can work on. If someone can't stand on their own on an anonymous message board then how much more difficult must in be in real life?
Starting to get ready for work
Have a good one LW
(T) Peace
Hi Skom;

There are here right here in this thread some real inteligent people.I have learned some real interesting things from afew of them unbeknown to them.We as humans are ever learning always seeking My main point is this when you follow a crowd and they do the thinking for you,you sure not gonna learn much.I do not want to be a reflection of someone else I want to be myself.Strange as this maybe I want others to be just thereselves too.I do not want you tell me what you think I want to read I want you to tell me who and what you are and share with me.Is this asking too much of one another.Have a good day at work and be careful until we talk again.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490775 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I pointed that out. So he (she?) came back with a 2001 study showing that homosexuals are more stressed out than heterosexuals.
What a surprise; with what homosexuals have to put up with from these sorts.
Still on that? Perhaps if they didn't say look at me 24/7. How about what Christians put up with. Dare say something that the statist like you disagree with and its a national news item (Chick-fil-a) Btw, that gay day worked out well for them as they posted the highest one day profit they ever had. Give it a rest.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#490776 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can direct me to that post where you addressed the concept of the "trinity", and debunked it.
There´s no such thing as the trinity in the bible. All made up by some priests.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490777 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the whole freewill thing is laughable.
Matthew 26:34
34.) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter--this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."
Peter had to do that, no?
But wait, if he didn't, the the Jesus would have given a false prophecy.
Peter had no choice. Another proof of myth. Or does it illustrate no free will?
I like when the Jesus told Peter he would deny him three times before morning.
Could Peter have done any different? If so, how could the Jesus be a god?
No, if Peter had done differently, the Jesus couldn't have been the god. Not according to the bible. The moment the Jesus said it would happen, it became prophecy. Remember...
"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?” When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him" (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
If it didn't happen, then the Jesus would have been a false prophet. And certainly not the god.
You're an omniscient deity and things can only be as you know they are to be, or say they will be.
Even concerning your own actions.
Yeah, the god trapped by what it knows it must do. What it can only do. Adds a twist to " I am that I am"
Addendum; "And even I have no choice but to be as I am"
What a myth.
if you wouldn't have FREE WILL,
you wouldn't post such passages completly blind and not understandable by you

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#490778 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hold them at God point and threaten them with eternal torture either.
You are just as much a fool here as on WINLAC. At least your ignorance is consistent.
There is a big difference between drinking one self to death and having sex.
if you try to demoralize my environment with what YOU think is apporiate behavior rather than what the Creator says it is, you're gonna have me up in yur grill, AND i'm gonna be consistent about it:-)
Adam

#490779 Feb 19, 2013
I bet the pope gave up his popecy because of the growing gay terror in the catholic churches. Homosexual phedophilic priests, the growing acceptence in the catholic world Spain and France for gay marriage etc. That´s too much for the old pope.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490780 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the whole freewill thing is laughable.
Matthew 26:34
34.) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter--this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."
Peter had to do that, no?
But wait, if he didn't, the the Jesus would have given a false prophecy.
Peter had no choice. Another proof of myth. Or does it illustrate no free will?
I like when the Jesus told Peter he would deny him three times before morning.
Could Peter have done any different? If so, how could the Jesus be a god?
No, if Peter had done differently, the Jesus couldn't have been the god. Not according to the bible. The moment the Jesus said it would happen, it became prophecy. Remember...
"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?” When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him" (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
If it didn't happen, then the Jesus would have been a false prophet. And certainly not the god.
You're an omniscient deity and things can only be as you know they are to be, or say they will be.
Even concerning your own actions.
Yeah, the god trapped by what it knows it must do. What it can only do. Adds a twist to " I am that I am"
Addendum; "And even I have no choice but to be as I am"
What a myth.
Just clueless

He could see in advance what Peter CHOSE to do. He didn't make Peter do it. How do you not understand the difference?

Go back to arguing adults that engage in consensual sex acts must be pedophiles.

Or maybe go back to claiming someone saying you have incorrectly paraphrased me doesn't mean they are saying I have incorrectly paraphrased them

Or go back to pointing out friendship as the motivating factor for why some of you defend others even while they are trying to claim it is merit

Every post you make just helps the other side

No wonder you are the 7th wheel:)

Location hidden

#490781 Feb 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom;
There are here right here in this thread some real inteligent people.I have learned some real interesting things from afew of them unbeknown to them.We as humans are ever learning always seeking My main point is this when you follow a crowd and they do the thinking for you,you sure not gonna learn much.I do not want to be a reflection of someone else I want to be myself.Strange as this maybe I want others to be just thereselves too.I do not want you tell me what you think I want to read I want you to tell me who and what you are and share with me.Is this asking too much of one another.Have a good day at work and be careful until we talk again.
I hear ya and agree

And while some encourage others to follow and mirror their words I wouldn't want it either

I want to be myself and I want others to be themselves

But insecure people need people to follow them as much as insecure people need to follow

I'm outta here for now

(T) Peace

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Ann Arbor, MI

#490782 Feb 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so beautiful!
<<head desk>>
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#490783 Feb 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HFN. How is east Tn? God bless.
It’s pretty with the sunshine right now Chris. As I’m sure you know it is cold one day (20’s) and warm the next (50’s). I would rather be in Florida in the winter time but at least it can still be pretty here. I hope you are enjoying the warmer weather there. I would love to go to the beach and watch the waves. Although where I lived it isn’t safe to go by yourself now.
HFN

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#490784 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean those passages that are a direct copy of the Christian bible?
Lol, get your own bible.
You do understand that Islam is a component of Abrahamic religion, too, no?

The Torah is used within Islam, much like Christianity uses it, and by that I mean you pick and choose the parts you feel are valid, while discarding or ignoring the portions that you don't think are valid within Christianity. Islam also uses the NT in the same way. It considers the Jesus! as a prophet, but rejects some of the doctrine you accept.

That's the funny thing about the Abrahamic religions, it's much like each of you claim to be a genuine "Orange", based upon the shade of the orange, when it's all fruit from the same tree.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490785 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You have named your little group the "humanists"?
Wow do you have delusions of grandeur
You are a nobody dude. You are a retired doctor who didn't care about his patients that comes online asking people if they sleep with sheep and sell drugs to children and if their mother is a whore and think because you got some people with gaping holes in their lives to look up to you that you are some movement?
The humanists?
How about "the delusionists"?
~snicker
When you die there will be just as many Christians as today give or take 1%
These hours upon hours and little personal manifestos you write are nothing more than an old man who still wants to feel important after leaving a job in which he had a god-complex yet sucked at his job in the ways that counted the most. Go feed some pigeons. You will actually accomplish more.
I saw that was a joke too. Compassion? Really? The laughing seagull rules the day here.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490786 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never except Clementine.
Quite the contrary: I accept her, and with open arms.
What I like about her is that she always thinks for herself and never feels the need to follow the crowd.
Clementine is an independent thinker of the highest caliber.
Catcher has spoken.
Then quit leading her around by her nose and let her be herself.
Let her choose for herself.I wonder what your open arms holds??
See it for what it is.Oh right catcher has spoken everyone best listen to you. Quite the contrary and accepted with open arms.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490787 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good one Shrink
I mean t to respond to your post the other day but ran out of time but i agree, I have seen many people come out of prison for the better
Unfortunately not nearly enough as the system is designed for high recidivism and unless someone has a great support system in place (family and/or friends) they are probably going to fail and jails are designed to be punitive not rehabilitative. Even for those who just want vengeance it is in their own interests for jails to be rehabilitative
But even in the midst of the chaos there are people who have found Jesus. And they don't use it as currency or talk about it to those making decisions about their lives (the ones that are sincere imo) as the new-found peace is obvious in their mannerisms.
I know there are Christian bigots and they want to broad-brush millions upon millions of people because of some that probably use the faith more as political currency than true belief or just some who have stumbled terribly but most people understand that people are people. And some people their faith has helped them to be better people. other people continued as they would have anyway. There are very few people in the U.S. that I would say are worse off because of faith. Maybe under 3% and even that may be very high as i personally know of one person who I can say it has had a negative influence in their life as imo they don't live their faith but are ruled by it and live in like paranoia and fear and with blinders on
Anyway if in the worst places in society people can find Christ I am not worried about the ramblings of prejudiced people. Like most prejudiced people, they are marginalized by the decent majority of society, believers and unbelievers alike
thanks
I know that overseas many convicted people convert their life to Jesus,or to be Jehowa Witness,because many JW in past were imprisoned for refusing military traingings, from 3 to 5 years,

Jesus did die for sinners and criminals not for those selfrighteouess atheists,or member of falling down in greed of criminal hates against others

This guy arguing with you all the time is such plain visible example of spiritual and life criminal protected by legal system

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#490788 Feb 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skombolis,
Thanks for being one who is not mad at me Bro.:) I have been in that position before. Not agreeing with either side while voicing my opinion on the subject. I still have one friend LOL.
HFN
HFN...I never said that I was mad at you nor that I no longer cherish your friendship.

Mostly I just used your post to write my thoughts after thinking about things for a couple of days. I thought with you it would not turn in to a back and forth rebuttal type situation.

I said that I understand your beliefs...I have always said that people have the right to disagree concerning this matter...I have also stated that it is one's right to vote against same-sex marriage.

Those issues have never been what I fight against.

I also said that I see the "bigotry" from both sides...that includes myself.

Some how it must have come across as that I was angry with you and no longer considered you a friend. If that is how you took it...I am sorry...I do not feel that way...nor did I intend for you to take it that way.

I hope that even though you believe it to be a sin that you can understand how hard it is for me as a mother to hear my son compared to a pedophile...and all the other characteristics that some have chosen to define him by.
Adam

#490789 Feb 19, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
now you learned this
I already know past 2 years,this guy is not only stupid, but mentaly uncurable sick, drugs destroyed his brain, and hiv liver?
I haven´t been here for a while.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#490790 Feb 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. are all Christians psychic ??..
I don't know. Why not ask a Christian?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you can accept or reject the victim role.
It would be a choice, to accept or reject a role.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Your choice ..
That's what I said, it would be a choice.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. my, oh, MY !!

Why be so alarmed about her having a choice?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Your crystal ball has been on double duty today ..
She's not a witch nor is she a fortune teller based on my understanding so far.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. yes, you are.

This is not about me, I said she's not a witch nor is she a fortune teller based on my understanding.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
When you say Jesus loves me and you have a concern for my moral soul, then, call me immoral, you are a wolf in sheep's clothing ..
She could well be a sheep in wolve's clothing. If so, you're not doing an excellent job at fleeing the scene.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. this is not name-calling, it's calling you out.

Calling her out of what; her church? Do you have a better offer for her that is not perverted?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Anyone who uses emotional manipulation is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Read the label, it says Sheep in Wolve's clothing. Her manipulation of you is entirely your fault. You should realize this and offer her humble and contrite apologies....
...for starters.
:)
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Descartes will back me up ..
What are you going to Desecrate?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. hurt is the wrong verb.

Why?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
My post irritates you.

I believe it irritates everyone.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Why else are you defending and justifying?

Why not? Would you prefer if I defend you? Why did you not ask?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
What are you defending and justifying ??..
Ok, Take 2. Why not? Would you prefer I defend you? Why did you not ask?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you never ask why homosexuality is not a lifestyle.

Well if it is a choice instead then all you have to do is tell her. Ms. Knowledge would be happy to receive your honesty.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
That tells me everything I need to know ..
Wonderful. So you will tell her it's a choice. Well done!
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. OH !!

Don't be afraid. Confessing to us all that homosexuality is a choice would be excellent to end this drawn out topic of The Gay and return to normalcy.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
please, not that again ..
Are you frightened by normalcy?
[QUOTE who="Happy Lesbo"]
.. there it is.

Thanks for confessing your fears. I assure you, normalcy is the way to go.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Again.

Yes, again. Be brave my child.
:)+)
Happy Lesbo wrote:
You want gays and atheists to be invisible ..
No, not at all. However if you take the path of normalcy then most will be motivated to follow. I wouldn't use "Invisible". In this context it isn't kosher....so to speak.
:)

Continued....

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#490791 Feb 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. if you're going to state time frames, you need to go back 40+ years to The Stonewall Riots ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots
This doesn't concern me, or does it?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. Hudson gave gays a human face ..
You mean, Hudson was the only human gay?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. crystal ball?
I don't need it. Thanks for the offer though.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Again?..
No, the first offer was enough, THANK YOU!
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. what makes you think all young people are immoral ??..
Does she?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. and, I don't like being called an immoral abomination ..
So stop being one then.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you haven't done your research and it's rather pointless to continue this debate ..
Ya think? Calm down Ms. Les-bo; no need to get upset. We can do this nicely, but only if you choose.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. so, drop the subject of homosexuality and tell me why Jesus should love me, OK ??..
Why should he? Who was Jesus and at what period of time throughout the history of Judea or the entire Middle East did 'Jesus' exist? Just asking.

CS.
Adam

#490792 Feb 19, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>

I already know past 2 years,this guy is not only stupid, but mentaly uncurable sick, drugs destroyed his brain, and hiv liver?
It is obvious.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490793 Feb 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie I did not say a thing about Gay People. I have told Christians that what they have said is wrong. Do you call down all Atheists for the hurtful things they say to us?
I was going to stay out of it, partly because of/for you.
I’m sorry Annie but the bible says it is wrong. I can’t make it right. But I will say this:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I believe the Bible is the word of God. And according to the Bible homosexuality is wrong. But so is calling people names, lying, not forgiving, adultery, fornication, and pissing on your neighbor’s flowers because you are mad at them.
I’m not saying it is ok but how can we be so against one and not another? Are we not suppose to love and pray for them and for ourselves too by the way? Some in here have made comments about some hating homosexuals. I don’t know if they do or don’t but I have to say it does sound that way sometimes and I don’t see the love. I don’t think the reaction would be the same toward someone who stumped their toe and said sh**.
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
This is a subject where you can end up having everyone displeased with you. I guess I have probably made those on both sides of the issue mad at me.
Again Annie I have voiced my displeasure at some of the things Christians have said. I did not say a thing about Gays. But I meant what I said to IANS. I also agree with Chris.
HFN
God bless. I see homosexual acts as sin (bondage) that the Lord Jesus can set anyone free from. Its strange to me that when a Christain speaks of how he was set free from drinking while the world won't accept Christ it sees it as good. Why the difference? Wife and I are just thankful to be free in Jesus. Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min feces for jesus 880,319
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Regina 603,467
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min waaasssuuup 8,299
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 13 min Gremlin 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min bad bob 177,897
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 24 min andet1987 6,405
The Christian Atheist debate 41 min lightbeamrider 3,988
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr The swamiji 7,650
More from around the web