“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490729 Feb 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
.... The great whore that sitteth upon the beast that tramples many nations underfoot will eventually receive her deathly blow...
The hooker on the horse ? I wouldn't call it a deathly blow but it can take your breath away.

Never gave her a red cent.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#490730 Feb 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
I find it crass, that homosexuals are corrupting and using the Bible nowadays for their rights.
The homosexual agenda has their own parallel Bible intepretation to the Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone. They replace adultery with homosexuality.That a shame
May you receive everything you wish on others.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#490731 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
May you receive everything you wish on others.
Pardon, can you repeat that?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#490732 Feb 19, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
"The spirit is serious as a heart beat or the blink of a eye.
God is not be mocked and His Book is not to be mocked either."
Why not? I thought God was bigger than that!!
Go on, let's hear it!!
They have a useless deity it seems. One that can only survive on ignorance, lies and fear.

There is a name the Christians use for that deity...now, what was it ?

Ssssss.... Shhhh... velvet ? Yeah, Satin! oops, that's not it... <wanders off muttering>

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490733 Feb 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie I did not say a thing about Gay People. I have told Christians that what they have said is wrong. Do you call down all Atheists for the hurtful things they say to us?
I was going to stay out of it, partly because of/for you.
I’m sorry Annie but the bible says it is wrong. I can’t make it right. But I will say this:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I believe the Bible is the word of God. And according to the Bible homosexuality is wrong. But so is calling people names, lying, not forgiving, adultery, fornication, and pissing on your neighbor’s flowers because you are mad at them.
I’m not saying it is ok but how can we be so against one and not another? Are we not suppose to love and pray for them and for ourselves too by the way? Some in here have made comments about some hating homosexuals. I don’t know if they do or don’t but I have to say it does sound that way sometimes and I don’t see the love. I don’t think the reaction would be the same toward someone who stumped their toe and said sh**.
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
This is a subject where you can end up having everyone displeased with you. I guess I have probably made those on both sides of the issue mad at me.
Again Annie I have voiced my displeasure at some of the things Christians have said. I did not say a thing about Gays. But I meant what I said to IANS. I also agree with Chris.
HFN
Excellent post

I also see two of the biggest issues being to treat one sin as worse than another and to judge one sinner worse than we view ourselves as we continue to sin is something not biblically supported. And we also have the advantage of no longer being controlled by our sinful nature. This would be the epitome of seeing the speck in someone else's eyes but not the plank in our own

And the second being we are required to love enemy, neighbor, and brother.

Yes the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. Someone can believe that and that does not make them a bigot as the act is a sin, being gay is not. But to avoid the label of bigotry or hate one must stay consistent then with the Bible. To do so says all sins of the flesh our equal, not to judge hypocritically, not to condemn, and to love all

Anyone that says I personally do not condone homosexual acts but I still love the sinner and know I am no better in my sins is someone I have no issue with.

I would take it one step further and think people should not restrict civil rights based on sins that are not illegal unless they are willing to have the same done to them. But I do understand the gray area where some see it as voting to approve as voting to condone sin whereas I see it as voting to say it is not my place to force my beliefs on others. It is not like i am calling up reception halls and helping people plan their marriages. I have no horse in the race whether same-sex couples outside the faith marry or not. It just has nothing to do with me IMO as my responsibility is to myself and those in the faith

That last paragraph was just food for thought for whomever not directed at you but my main point of responding was again to say this was an excellent post

(T) Peace
Adam

#490734 Feb 19, 2013
Don´t let yourselves be deceived by Satan. He let a lot of people went astray. See his children the homosexuals.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Ann Arbor, MI

#490735 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
THEY'RE HARMING OUR KIDS
Jesus doesn't want this
1. "The atheist and homosexual David Thorstad was a founding member of the North American Man-Boy Love Association (NAMBLA)."
2. "Roman Catholic Church, Homosexuality and pederasty"
3. "HIV Infected Adolescents and Young Adults in America and Infection by Older Men"
http://www.conservapedia.com/Homosexuality_an...
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, NoStress? Let's hear the excuse please. You have gay organizations trying to squash this statistic? Why?
"The data collected by John Jay College of Criminal Justice show that between 1950 and 2002, 81 percent of the victims were male and 75 percent of them were post-pubescent. In other words, three out of every four victims have been abused by homosexuals. By the way, puberty, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, begins at age 10 for boys."
I have come to the personal conclusion that you like to deal in presumptions. I do not like doing so. So I sat and read your conservapedia link this morning, while noting that it smacks at Homosexuals, atheists, HIV and puts pedophiles right along with all “gay organizations”….what I did not see was your quote above or a reference to the study. So I asked my little friend yahoo about the study to see where it came from, I found lots of smear campaigns, but had to dig a bit deeper to find the actual study to see what it consisted of. But find it I did :O)

The actual name of the study is:
The Nature and Scope of Sexual Abuse of Minors By Catholic Priests and Deacons in The United States 1950-2002.

The overall purpose of the study:
To provide the first-ever, complete accounting, or census, of the number of priests against whom allegations of child sexual abuse were made and of the incidents alleged to have occurred between 1950-2002.

The statistics you reworded took out of context and gave simply to put homosexuals in a bad light….were actually the findings when it comes to children being abused within the Catholic Church. The statistics are not valid anywhere else but within the Church. The study is 145 pages long and includes all of the information that John Jay College collected for anyone that would like to actually read the full study. Found here:
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/reports/...
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#490736 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. She does. Quite often too.
She also criticizes non-christian theists.
You have been on this thread long enough to know that.
I have the dodge ball and I am not afraid to use it. <smile>
Read it again Darwin. I said all. I know she has called some down, but just like me she does not call all down.
:)
HFN

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#490737 Feb 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
The story of prophet Lot, on whom be peace, finds mention in several Qur'anic passages,
Oh, you mean those passages that are a direct copy of the Christian bible?

Lol, get your own bible.

Location hidden

#490738 Feb 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
I find it crass, that homosexuals are corrupting and using the Bible nowadays for their rights.
The homosexual agenda has their own parallel Bible intepretation to the Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone. They replace adultery with homosexuality.That a shame
No, that is biblical

Galatians 5:19
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Sins of the flesh are equal as all will prevent someone from inheriting the kingdom of God.

Only for self-serving reasons would someone try to convince themselves their sins are "better" than someone else's. Not to God they aren't.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490739 Feb 19, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
"The spirit is serious as a heart beat or the blink of a eye.
God is not be mocked and His Book is not to be mocked either."
Why not? I thought God was bigger than that!!
Go on, let's hear it!!
You could be shown and told many things.You tend to want to follow the crowd and it important to you that they except you.Until you learn to walk on your own you never learn anything on your own.Your more interested in pleasing the crowd then simple being yourself.I could never tell you anything that would register cause of this cause you run back to the lil crowd and ask permission from them.Awee yea heard that one too it is okay honey I got your back it is okay you do not need to think for yourself.Now run over to the other thread and let them lick your wounds for you cause you fall short of doin your own thinking.Com e down hard on ya you bet I happen to think you got something in you the rest would like to destroy.
Adam

#490740 Feb 19, 2013
Homosexuals are a big shame for the churches.
The Lord himself would blush

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#490741 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to disagree (yet), but, what do you base that on ?
Psalm 147:5

Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

Job 28:24

For he looks to the ends of the earth
and sees everything under the heavens.

1 John 3:19-20

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Isaiah 46:9

I am God, and there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#490742 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honesty is always appreciated.
Even from a Riversider.
I prefer Riversidian.

For future reference....
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#490743 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post
I also see two of the biggest issues being to treat one sin as worse than another and to judge one sinner worse than we view ourselves as we continue to sin is something not biblically supported. And we also have the advantage of no longer being controlled by our sinful nature. This would be the epitome of seeing the speck in someone else's eyes but not the plank in our own
And the second being we are required to love enemy, neighbor, and brother.
Yes the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. Someone can believe that and that does not make them a bigot as the act is a sin, being gay is not. But to avoid the label of bigotry or hate one must stay consistent then with the Bible. To do so says all sins of the flesh our equal, not to judge hypocritically, not to condemn, and to love all
Anyone that says I personally do not condone homosexual acts but I still love the sinner and know I am no better in my sins is someone I have no issue with.
I would take it one step further and think people should not restrict civil rights based on sins that are not illegal unless they are willing to have the same done to them. But I do understand the gray area where some see it as voting to approve as voting to condone sin whereas I see it as voting to say it is not my place to force my beliefs on others. It is not like i am calling up reception halls and helping people plan their marriages. I have no horse in the race whether same-sex couples outside the faith marry or not. It just has nothing to do with me IMO as my responsibility is to myself and those in the faith
That last paragraph was just food for thought for whomever not directed at you but my main point of responding was again to say this was an excellent post
(T) Peace
Hey Skombolis,
Thanks for being one who is not mad at me Bro.:) I have been in that position before. Not agreeing with either side while voicing my opinion on the subject. I still have one friend LOL.
HFN

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Ann Arbor, MI

#490744 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>A couple unbiased reports from a well-known publication in the medical community:
http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx...
http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx...
These are from the 1970’s.

Location hidden

#490745 Feb 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be shown and told many things.You tend to want to follow the crowd and it important to you that they except you.Until you learn to walk on your own you never learn anything on your own.Your more interested in pleasing the crowd then simple being yourself.I could never tell you anything that would register cause of this cause you run back to the lil crowd and ask permission from them.Awee yea heard that one too it is okay honey I got your back it is okay you do not need to think for yourself.Now run over to the other thread and let them lick your wounds for you cause you fall short of doin your own thinking.Com e down hard on ya you bet I happen to think you got something in you the rest would like to destroy.
The world is filled with leaders and sheep. It is also filled with people who are independent or co-dependent. There can be pros and cons to everything but when somebody's self-worth and self-concept is based more on what other people think of them than what they think of themselves then they have a serious problem. I don't know the poster you replied to but I will say in general I have seen a lot of people even on an anonymous forum such as Topix that seem to value being accepted much more than being themselves. In fact who they are often becomes a mirror reflection of those from whom they want the acceptance in hopes that will ensure it.

I personally don't get it. I was going to say it makes me sick but that is way too harsh. Some people just are not mentally strong. But IMO anyway it is something anyone can work on. If someone can't stand on their own on an anonymous message board then how much more difficult must in be in real life?

Starting to get ready for work

Have a good one LW

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#490746 Feb 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skombolis,
Thanks for being one who is not mad at me Bro.:) I have been in that position before. Not agreeing with either side while voicing my opinion on the subject. I still have one friend LOL.
HFN
LOL

I just gone done making a post to LW that in part explains why I have always respected you. You are not afraid to stand on your own even if that can bring you in the cross-hairs of both sides. Although the fact that you are just a genuinely kind and decent person makes it that much easier as well. What you do is based on what you feel is right and you try to do so coming at things from a perspective of love and fairness. If people can't respect how rare and special that is then that is their loss. Although I guarantee you have many, many people who shares my respect for you

Have a great day my friend

(T) Peace
Adam

#490747 Feb 19, 2013
The homosexuals promote their agenda through legislation, presenting themselves as victims of prejudice and discrimination, helping to enact the gender discrimination act, legalizing and securing full benefits for same gender marriage, funding research similar to the hypothalamus issue (which shows a genetic propensity to homosexuality), teaching at even kindergarten level that the two-male or the two female can make a family unit which is an acceptable alternative that is even comparable to the traditional MOM and POP family, religious and moral blurring on the stand by establishing gay churches and synagogues, etc. etc. The most effective milestone in the homosexual movement, was probably when in 1976 the American Psychiatric Association (APA) declared that homosexuality was no longer to be considered an illness but was to be regarded merely as an orientation or a sexual variant.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#490748 Feb 19, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text> (Clipped)
We need to stop blaming religious books and we need to understand that the attitude of most Christians and Muslims are not going to change if they become atheists!!
That's all i'm sayin'!
I think your exactly right here..

Thats why I called out Knowledge to actually search herself, if shes getting the message from her god about gays or is it herself and her own prejudices that shes hearing.

But I believe the books can be blamed, it gives them an excuse to follow their own thinking. I believe the majority dont even realize themselves where those thoughts originate. it takes a deep search of yourself and as Irrira says, letting go and letting God.......... JMO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Tide with Beach 838,561
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min We Are Almost There 4,383
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Halle Berry Sister 176,947
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min Al Capone 5,904
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 20 min Frank Nutz 19
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 22 min Halle Berry Sister 2,407
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min truth 590,176
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Toby 99,967
More from around the web