Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490764 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Theory of Evolution is from the 1800's....
Much earlier than that.

Titus Lucretius Carus, Circa 100 BC

Saint Augustine, circa 350 AD

..just for a start.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#490765 Feb 19, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not mad at you either HFN..........At least not yet..........
;o)
Nice seeing you again..........
LOL
That’s good Rider! Thank you for letting me know.
Nice seeing you too, as always.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#490766 Feb 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, I hope I can love up to that at least part of the time.
oops, love = live.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#490767 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
So do you believe if someone on Earth right now knows the future but doesn't tell anyone that him having that knowledge means none of us have free will?
Pay attention(...)
Yeah, the whole freewill thing is laughable.

Matthew 26:34
34.) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter--this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."

Peter had to do that, no?

But wait, if he didn't, the the Jesus would have given a false prophecy.

Peter had no choice. Another proof of myth. Or does it illustrate no free will?

I like when the Jesus told Peter he would deny him three times before morning.

Could Peter have done any different? If so, how could the Jesus be a god?

No, if Peter had done differently, the Jesus couldn't have been the god. Not according to the bible. The moment the Jesus said it would happen, it became prophecy. Remember...

"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?” When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him" (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).

If it didn't happen, then the Jesus would have been a false prophet. And certainly not the god.

You're an omniscient deity and things can only be as you know they are to be, or say they will be.

Even concerning your own actions.

Yeah, the god trapped by what it knows it must do. What it can only do. Adds a twist to " I am that I am"

Addendum; "And even I have no choice but to be as I am"

What a myth.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#490768 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are just stupid or a pathological liar ?
Stfu you stupid and evil blasphemer. Douchebag
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#490769 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If one called down "all" there would be no time left to do anything else. LOL
I get your point. No harm, no foul.
Darwin wrote:
If one called down "all" there would be no time left to do anything else. LOL

HFN wrote:
LOL

Darwin wrote:
I get your point. No harm, no foul.

HFN wrote:
Agreed

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#490770 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Trinity debunked... what else you got?
Maybe you can direct me to that post where you addressed the concept of the "trinity", and debunked it.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490771 Feb 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it again Darwin. I said all. I know she has called some down, but just like me she does not call all down.
:)
HFN
Hey HFN. How is east Tn? God bless.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490772 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I pointed that out. So he (she?) came back with a 2001 study showing that homosexuals are more stressed out than heterosexuals.
What a surprise; with what homosexuals have to put up with from these sorts.
stress of humans is not dependent from geneder or chromosome indicate man or women chromosome
you as usual dumb butt, not having any logical agenda to discuss anything,
ONLY ABOUT HOMOSEXUALS
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490773 Feb 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stfu you stupid and evil blasphemer. Douchebag
now you learned this

I already know past 2 years,this guy is not only stupid, but mentaly uncurable sick, drugs destroyed his brain, and hiv liver?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490774 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is filled with leaders and sheep. It is also filled with people who are independent or co-dependent. There can be pros and cons to everything but when somebody's self-worth and self-concept is based more on what other people think of them than what they think of themselves then they have a serious problem. I don't know the poster you replied to but I will say in general I have seen a lot of people even on an anonymous forum such as Topix that seem to value being accepted much more than being themselves. In fact who they are often becomes a mirror reflection of those from whom they want the acceptance in hopes that will ensure it.
I personally don't get it. I was going to say it makes me sick but that is way too harsh. Some people just are not mentally strong. But IMO anyway it is something anyone can work on. If someone can't stand on their own on an anonymous message board then how much more difficult must in be in real life?
Starting to get ready for work
Have a good one LW
(T) Peace
Hi Skom;

There are here right here in this thread some real inteligent people.I have learned some real interesting things from afew of them unbeknown to them.We as humans are ever learning always seeking My main point is this when you follow a crowd and they do the thinking for you,you sure not gonna learn much.I do not want to be a reflection of someone else I want to be myself.Strange as this maybe I want others to be just thereselves too.I do not want you tell me what you think I want to read I want you to tell me who and what you are and share with me.Is this asking too much of one another.Have a good day at work and be careful until we talk again.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490775 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I pointed that out. So he (she?) came back with a 2001 study showing that homosexuals are more stressed out than heterosexuals.
What a surprise; with what homosexuals have to put up with from these sorts.
Still on that? Perhaps if they didn't say look at me 24/7. How about what Christians put up with. Dare say something that the statist like you disagree with and its a national news item (Chick-fil-a) Btw, that gay day worked out well for them as they posted the highest one day profit they ever had. Give it a rest.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#490776 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can direct me to that post where you addressed the concept of the "trinity", and debunked it.
There´s no such thing as the trinity in the bible. All made up by some priests.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490777 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the whole freewill thing is laughable.
Matthew 26:34
34.) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter--this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."
Peter had to do that, no?
But wait, if he didn't, the the Jesus would have given a false prophecy.
Peter had no choice. Another proof of myth. Or does it illustrate no free will?
I like when the Jesus told Peter he would deny him three times before morning.
Could Peter have done any different? If so, how could the Jesus be a god?
No, if Peter had done differently, the Jesus couldn't have been the god. Not according to the bible. The moment the Jesus said it would happen, it became prophecy. Remember...
"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?” When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him" (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
If it didn't happen, then the Jesus would have been a false prophet. And certainly not the god.
You're an omniscient deity and things can only be as you know they are to be, or say they will be.
Even concerning your own actions.
Yeah, the god trapped by what it knows it must do. What it can only do. Adds a twist to " I am that I am"
Addendum; "And even I have no choice but to be as I am"
What a myth.
if you wouldn't have FREE WILL,
you wouldn't post such passages completly blind and not understandable by you

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#490778 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hold them at God point and threaten them with eternal torture either.
You are just as much a fool here as on WINLAC. At least your ignorance is consistent.
There is a big difference between drinking one self to death and having sex.
if you try to demoralize my environment with what YOU think is apporiate behavior rather than what the Creator says it is, you're gonna have me up in yur grill, AND i'm gonna be consistent about it:-)
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#490779 Feb 19, 2013
I bet the pope gave up his popecy because of the growing gay terror in the catholic churches. Homosexual phedophilic priests, the growing acceptence in the catholic world Spain and France for gay marriage etc. That´s too much for the old pope.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490780 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the whole freewill thing is laughable.
Matthew 26:34
34.) Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter--this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me."
Peter had to do that, no?
But wait, if he didn't, the the Jesus would have given a false prophecy.
Peter had no choice. Another proof of myth. Or does it illustrate no free will?
I like when the Jesus told Peter he would deny him three times before morning.
Could Peter have done any different? If so, how could the Jesus be a god?
No, if Peter had done differently, the Jesus couldn't have been the god. Not according to the bible. The moment the Jesus said it would happen, it became prophecy. Remember...
"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?” When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him" (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
If it didn't happen, then the Jesus would have been a false prophet. And certainly not the god.
You're an omniscient deity and things can only be as you know they are to be, or say they will be.
Even concerning your own actions.
Yeah, the god trapped by what it knows it must do. What it can only do. Adds a twist to " I am that I am"
Addendum; "And even I have no choice but to be as I am"
What a myth.
Just clueless

He could see in advance what Peter CHOSE to do. He didn't make Peter do it. How do you not understand the difference?

Go back to arguing adults that engage in consensual sex acts must be pedophiles.

Or maybe go back to claiming someone saying you have incorrectly paraphrased me doesn't mean they are saying I have incorrectly paraphrased them

Or go back to pointing out friendship as the motivating factor for why some of you defend others even while they are trying to claim it is merit

Every post you make just helps the other side

No wonder you are the 7th wheel:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490781 Feb 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom;
There are here right here in this thread some real inteligent people.I have learned some real interesting things from afew of them unbeknown to them.We as humans are ever learning always seeking My main point is this when you follow a crowd and they do the thinking for you,you sure not gonna learn much.I do not want to be a reflection of someone else I want to be myself.Strange as this maybe I want others to be just thereselves too.I do not want you tell me what you think I want to read I want you to tell me who and what you are and share with me.Is this asking too much of one another.Have a good day at work and be careful until we talk again.
I hear ya and agree

And while some encourage others to follow and mirror their words I wouldn't want it either

I want to be myself and I want others to be themselves

But insecure people need people to follow them as much as insecure people need to follow

I'm outta here for now

(T) Peace

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#490782 Feb 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so beautiful!
<<head desk>>
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#490783 Feb 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HFN. How is east Tn? God bless.
It’s pretty with the sunshine right now Chris. As I’m sure you know it is cold one day (20’s) and warm the next (50’s). I would rather be in Florida in the winter time but at least it can still be pretty here. I hope you are enjoying the warmer weather there. I would love to go to the beach and watch the waves. Although where I lived it isn’t safe to go by yourself now.
HFN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 994,941
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bear Claw 70,928
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min kent 699,282
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 447,255
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 19
What is your preferred penis shape? (May '13) 1 hr sixteen 8
Why are you here? 2 hr Doctor REALITY 161