mike

AOL

#490659 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God has answered me, many times.
Unfortunately for you, your GOD doesn't confirm your claim.

Can you give a demonstration on how a GOD answers you?

Call upon GOD now so we all can see a GOD post on your behalf.

Since a GOD won't respond on your behalf, certainly you can understand why those who think for themselves would ask for proof rather than take your "word" for it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#490660 Feb 19, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
you are little be less as low life unchristian
I put this into Google translate, but it wasn't able to identify the language. Please advise. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Fennario

#490661 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Knowing what choice someone will make ahead time doesn't mean they didn't have a choice.
That's exactly what it means, Dim.

A future that can be known fully and in advance is determined. Free will means that decisions are made at the time of action, are undetermined - that is, uncaused - and cannot be known in advance even by those making them, since they are free to change their minds.

Your bible is simply in error again. It reflects the simplistic thinking of people like you and the bronze age thinkers that wrote it, who really didn't understand what free will is. Just because you have an unconflicted and unimpeded intention to act and then do so doesn't mean that you chose to have it or that it was not the result of deterministic processes.

Don't forget to wash the windshield and check the oil.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#490662 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God has answered me, many times.
In English?

Fennario

#490663 Feb 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. debating with you or CS is a waste of my time. Your arrogance, outright lies, name-calling and tarot reading disgust me ..
.. since you are not my intellectual or spiritual equal, my engaging you in debate would be sinful. You see, unlike yourself, I am a compassionate person ..
Second that.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. your mistaken beliefs are from a bygone age that refuses to die, a superstition that refuses to succumb to reason.
People like you and I can help with that.

Consider this church hospice. You and I can help this diseased and disfigured church pass into oblivion with less struggle. We'll divvy up the physical and psychosocial responsibilities. I'll be the team physician, RN case manager and home health aid, and you can be the social worker, chaplain, and volunteer.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#490664 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. It's an uphill battle. Some posters on this thread want to equate ignorance with religion.
Fight the good fight, HL. You've got at least one Christian Redneck on your side.
.. can I fetch you a cup of coffee, sir ??..

.. how would you like your eggs scrambled? Bacon or sausage ??..

Fennario

#490665 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ah. Then I agree. Yes, it is all abuse and it is all disgusting. Pedophiles should be taken to the vet & put down.
Careful. Dim still hasn't confessed his crime.

Fennario

#490666 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Fight the good fight, HL. You've got at least one Christian Redneck on your side.
Yay HL and RR!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490667 Feb 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Second that.
<quoted text>
People like you and I can help with that.
Consider this church hospice. You and I can help this diseased and disfigured church pass into oblivion with less struggle. We'll divvy up the physical and psychosocial responsibilities. I'll be the team physician, RN case manager and home health aid, and you can be the social worker, chaplain, and volunteer.
Opinion;you are a patient with way too much bagage with hiv disease of the brain.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#490668 Feb 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I will ask this..."Who" was in charge in that 1st century? Answer that, and you can begin to reconcile the differences between men.
i assume you're asking 'who was in charge of the political/military arena of the first century?'

the romans & thier caesar was in charge.

however, in the religious and social arena there was always a counter-cultural movement going on which was the true Church/Body of Christ just like there is now.

your point?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#490669 Feb 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been for the most part scrolling past your posts and posts to you but if I were going to take a stand it would be against your prejudices against Christians and your double standard for them. You rag on them for doing things that you do, sometimes in the same post. No one is interested in giving up their rights so you can have your way. That should not surprise you but as self centered and grouchy as you are it probably does.
Any way life goes on, try it, or do you not know how to live life without stomping on others to get your way and grouching at them while you stomp?
Go figure.
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Chris,
Exactly, I don’t know if they don’t see it or don’t care but I agree with you.
Good to see you Bro.
HFN
So do you not see any bigotry coming from the Christian side? Are some peoples post even though ugly and vile toward gays okay since they believe it to be God/Jesus inspired?

Most of you believe homosexuality is a sin...I get that whether I agree with that or not. Does that Bible tell you that that it is okay to stone them to death? The words that have been thrown around in here are just as or more so hurtful than if someone had hurled stones.

If it is okay...what is going on in here...then why the lesson..."Cast The First Stone"?

There are a couple of things about that story...

First Jesus stood up to an angry mob...took the risk to protect a woman that had sinned. That had to take some courage to stand up for what he perceived as "right" knowing that he too could have endured some of those stones.

Second...He did not say...Ye that have not committed the sin of adultery cast the first stone...it was “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Maybe some of those that are casting stones are without sin.

I understand why you see bigotry from the other side...you feel as if your faith is being threatened. Might sound strange...but I have seen it too.

I think about that quote...something like this...those who fight monsters need to be careful not to become monsters.

I think that is what has happened here...both sides need to look in to that abyss...and see what is staring back.

I understand...hard not to fall in to the mud when it is on our perspective side of the fence.

As I have read here...I don't want to become that monster that I fight...I don't want to look in to that abyss and see that I am no better than what I fight against...as much as I like to walk in mud puddles...I do not want to become covered with the muck.

There are many good Christians...non-Christians... straights and gays...that are just trying to make this world a little better than what they found it.

Oh well...I suppose this battle will continue...both sides vilifying the other...I think...

I will empty my bucket of stones...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490670 Feb 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion;you are a patient with way too much bagage with hiv disease of the brain.
Such Christian love.

You should post this over on WSJLM, too.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#490671 Feb 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. for the homosexual, it's quite natural ..
<quoted text>
.. really? And, as Oscar would ask, "How do you know what you know" ??..
<quoted text>
.. fascinating. Have you begun writing your book yet ??..
<quoted text>
.. I call BS. If your gay friends knew your feelings, they would no longer be your friend ..
<quoted text>
.. if I call you an immoral abomination, a demon infested degenerate, how is a casual and respectful conversation possible ??..
"for the homosexual, it's quite natural"

it becomes quite natural for an obese person to stuff themselves with much more calories than they will ever burn, but that doesn't make gluttony an acceptable way of life to promote through favorable legisltation.

we all have obese friends who are undiciplined and LOVE to eat types of foods & more of them than what's good for them, but we love them still and try to demonstrate what a healthy eating lifestyle can look like:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#490672 Feb 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So do you not see any bigotry coming from the Christian side? Are some peoples post even though ugly and vile toward gays okay since they believe it to be God/Jesus inspired?
Most of you believe homosexuality is a sin...I get that whether I agree with that or not. Does that Bible tell you that that it is okay to stone them to death? The words that have been thrown around in here are just as or more so hurtful than if someone had hurled stones.
If it is okay...what is going on in here...then why the lesson..."Cast The First Stone"?
There are a couple of things about that story...
First Jesus stood up to an angry mob...took the risk to protect a woman that had sinned. That had to take some courage to stand up for what he perceived as "right" knowing that he too could have endured some of those stones.
Second...He did not say...Ye that have not committed the sin of adultery cast the first stone...it was “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”
Maybe some of those that are casting stones are without sin.
I understand why you see bigotry from the other side...you feel as if your faith is being threatened. Might sound strange...but I have seen it too.
I think about that quote...something like this...those who fight monsters need to be careful not to become monsters.
I think that is what has happened here...both sides need to look in to that abyss...and see what is staring back.
I understand...hard not to fall in to the mud when it is on our perspective side of the fence.
As I have read here...I don't want to become that monster that I fight...I don't want to look in to that abyss and see that I am no better than what I fight against...as much as I like to walk in mud puddles...I do not want to become covered with the muck.
There are many good Christians...non-Christians... straights and gays...that are just trying to make this world a little better than what they found it.
Oh well...I suppose this battle will continue...both sides vilifying the other...I think...
I will empty my bucket of stones...
Now, dear Annie, you don't expect many Christians to follow the teachings of Jesus do ya "
They's jes gonna find some kind a scuse to keep hatin and judgin everyone. It keeps them from havin ta take a good looksee at theyselves.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#490673 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Such Christian love.
My mistake. That was so vile I thought I was on a different thread.

Location hidden

#490674 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Such Christian love.
What ya want baby to put another rattlesnake in your bed.lol

“Love much, trust none”

There

#490675 Feb 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"for the homosexual, it's quite natural"
it becomes quite natural for an obese person to stuff themselves with much more calories than they will ever burn, but that doesn't make gluttony an acceptable way of life to promote through favorable legisltation.
we all have obese friends who are undiciplined and LOVE to eat types of foods & more of them than what's good for them, but we love them still and try to demonstrate what a healthy eating lifestyle can look like:)
You call obese people ungodly sinners and deny them their civil rights because you think over eating is a sin ?

BTW, gluttony is not a sin in the Bible. It was one of the "Seven Deadly Sins" introduced into Christianity by Pope Gregory a few centuries after Jesus was dead.

Fennario

#490676 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Well, I'm da man now. I'm the Pastor of the Thread
Sung to Master Of The House.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490677 Feb 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. You'll have to show me. Link me to my words.
<quoted text>
Indoctrination is a nuanced concept. The word applies to ideas ranging from something helpful such as enculturation, to sinister downloads as with cults. Learning your language is one kind of indoctrination, whereas becoming a Moonie a completely different kind.
I never used the word endoctrination. As usual, it is your word being put into my mouth followed by finger wagging about it. Why do you insist on doing that? You apparently can't make an argument about my ideas using my words such as "training" and "characterisitic way of thinking."
<quoted text>
Show me where I said that. You're lying when you claim I did. You substituted another word, and are assigning it its more sinister meaning just to point your finger at me for it.
I suggest that you put it back up your nose where it belongs.
IANS tactics 101

So you really are going to deny you said to Juicy she got you all wrong and was pulling a Skom when she said you feel all or most Christians are indoctrinated?

Tell ya what, if I go look it up will you admit you are a liar?

Th sad thing is you know you said it. Don't worry, it will be easy to find as I know it was within a day or so of the post to Brother Lee. So, will you finally admit you are a liar if I go pull it up?

Location hidden

#490678 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake. That was so vile I thought I was on a different thread.
Oh poor baby I unset your little cherried up world.lol
Let me make it all better and put you back to bed with the rattlesnake to cuddle.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessari... 740,079
gimmie shelter 14 min dirty white boy- 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min truth 543,045
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Aura Mytha 227,752
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 24 min Edthirty 3,144
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min KiMare 95,534
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 259,657
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr HipGnosis 173,812

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••