Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Henry

Thum, Germany

#490614 Feb 19, 2013
ethanmc1980 wrote:
Don't really know but I haven't committed that many sins for sure. In any case, I've never heard that Jesus ever hated anyone. His love is for everyone, irrespective of qualities one possesses.
Oh my! Jesus died for more than 2000 years ago. So what!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#490615 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I would restore all civil rights upon the full completion of the sentence. One exception: possession of firearms.
It's a character and trust issue. We don't necessarily have to incarcerate the Skombolises of the world forever, but we also don't want to trust them in positions of authority or responsibility, and certainly not with weapons, even if they claim to have found Jesus in slam.
Henry

Thum, Germany

#490616 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no differnce.
We are all Sons (Daughters) of God and descendants of Adam.
Unless the Bible is full of lies.
Thats for certain! There was not any god and of course no Adam or even eden!

Fennario

#490617 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that in his reading and the comprehension of what he reads, he doesn't look at the entire sentence or statement and suddenly stops at a certain point, and then runs with that erroneous conclusion based upon incomplete information.
He gets to a point, thinks "AHA!"... and never considers the rest of what was stated, which would clarify the thought process.
In effect he creates his lack of comprehension by utilizing incomplete data that he fails to consider.
Very possibly. He clearly lacks the ability to discern the meaning of the written word, rendering him functionally illiterate. But how much reading do you have to do operating a leafblower or stocking paper clips on the shelves at Office Depot?
Henry

Thum, Germany

#490618 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
We all are.
Quin is no different in that respect than you, me or anyone else.
This thread is a playground and we play a nasty version of dodgeball.
Now, back to the game.... < chucks ball at LeLe >
A "kingdom of god"? What a lousy idea!
Henry

Thum, Germany

#490619 Feb 19, 2013
ethanmc1980 wrote:
Don't really know but I haven't committed that many sins for sure. In any case, I've never heard that Jesus ever hated anyone. His love is for everyone, irrespective of qualities one possesses.
Well, whatever you may say: sins are only a phantasm similar to a god! So forgot the hole religions!

Fennario

#490620 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
It may not be practical to expect all doctors will treat their patients in the same manner they would treat a loved one.
Your standards are too low, which is why I had the job and you didn't.

All patients are loved ones while under care.

A physician is expected to do as much for one patient as another in the same circumstances. His teachers expect it, his peers expect it, the medical board expects it, and the community expects it,

Judging a person on superficial considerations such as who they are willing to worship, and letting those that don't worship properly to suffer, is more characteristic of your god than a physician.
Skombolis wrote:
But to me, that line is what separates many doctors from the pack.

You are not fit to judge physicians. Your opinion doesn't matter. You are a felon, which means that society no longer trusts you or values your opinion. That is why you have been told that can't own a gun, serve on a jury, or vote.

"Cleanup on isle five" - that's for you, Dim.

Fennario

#490621 Feb 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
the Lord God knows who is real.
That's pretty funny right there.

Fennario

#490622 Feb 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
it doesn't matter if one Christian or one million Christians opposed Hitler. The fact is, they did ..
That matters to me.

If the Christians can't be trusted to take a stand in sufficient numbers to matter, then they are useless and their church in the way.

I'm still waiting for the first Christian in this thread to rebuke Dim for his egregious behavior. It's the same phenomenon on a smaller scale.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
there is a false assumption that Nazi anti-Semitism arose out of the bigotries of Christianity. Since Christianity is a bulwark against totalitarianism, most emphatically, it did not
I'm amazed to read this from you. Christianity is very compatible with totalitarianism and authoritarian hierarchies. There is no democracy in Christianity. Its god doesn't take surveys or count hands. Nor does it acknowledge any rights, except the right to submit, worship and obey - or burn.

Where else would antisemitism come from except Islam or some other competing religion? Who hates Catholics as Catholics the most? Protestants. Who hates Protestants for being Protestant? Catholics. The Muslims hate them both - but as Christians. And the Christians hate the Muslims as Muslims. Who hates them for being Shia? Sunni. And who hates Sunnis for being Sunni? Shia.

So who hates Jews for being Jews? In Israel, it is mostly Muslims. In Nazi Germany, it was Christians.

Fennario

#490623 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Jesus commited suicide.
Suicide by centurion - similar to suicide by cop.

Fennario

#490625 Feb 19, 2013
[QUOTE who="G_O_D"
Question for anyone; Is consentual "wife swapping" adultery ?[/QUOTE]

"Adultery - voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse."

So, yes, by definition.

I would be concerned about it hurting my marriage or ruining friendships. But those would be my reservations, not any moral argument. There is no valid moral argument against adultery if you enjoy it and nobody is being betrayed.

Fennario

#490626 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I have to start getting ready for work
In the evening? Where do you work - graveyard shift at 7-ELEVEN? You've made a lot of bad choices, haven't you?

Fennario

#490627 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
So... incest between consenting adult relatives is OK as long as no offspring are prouced.
Dang, I should have nailed my cousin when I had the chance. LOL
BROTHER: Jeez, Sis, you make love just like Mom.
SISTER: I know. Dad told me.

Fennario

#490628 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Based on Mark, I would have taken Jesus' place.
Based on John I would have driven the nails myself.
Interesting. I don't recall exactly why any more, but I think I liked the gospel of John the best as a Christian. Why do say what you did?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#490629 Feb 19, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't own a television! LOL I have seen more men, in the past twenty years holding a mirror more than women! They were not gay! They were vain! LOL
LOL..You got that right Knowlegde. I dont think that our Quin likes anybody other than himself. Almost everyone of his post is putting other people down. Have a great day Knowledge and I hope you feel better.

Fennario

#490630 Feb 19, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He's currently one of my favorite comedians.
Another is Demetri Martin.
I'm also familiar with him, although I don't like him as well as you do.

How about Dane Cook? Here he is shredding an atheist. Pretty funny.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#490631 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Concerning that particular subject, I'm sure that it is true that on the outside also... that there are some married men, even some married Pastors, who have committed perverted lewd acts and has been unfaithful to their wives by engaging sexual lust with another male... then afterwards engaging in normal sex with their spouse after the escapade. Look at Ted Haggard...
Why do you overlook scripture Pastor Quin? Don't these mean anything to you?

Prov 6:16-19 (NIV) There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, 19 a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

You fit in there also. Dont deny it.

James 2:13 (NIV) because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment..

Mat 5:7 (NIV) Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

On hearing this, Jesus said,“It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means:‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

James 1:26 If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

SO, You are as quilty as anyone else Quin. Please STOP being self righteous. It destroys your testimony for God.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#490632 Feb 19, 2013
MORNING.....

How is everyone this Blessed and beautiful day?

“In theory,
there is no difference between
theory and practice.
But in practice, there is.”

~ Yogi Berra

Thought for the Day

Fennario

#490633 Feb 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Now this is one thing I would think that the "civilized" homosexuals could agree on? That NAMBLA and pro-ponents of pedastry are wrong in their pursuits?
The North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes? They mostly just like to gather at conventions and make offers to one another that they can't refuse.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#490634 Feb 19, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I thank you for the spiritual possessions you have given me through the experiences of life. If it were not for the trials I have come through; the things I have experienced, done, and seen; the manifestations of your grace in my life, I would not be as spiritually rich as I am. I pray that I will be able to share my testimonies with others; that my life and my words would help to draw people to you; that I will be able to make a positive difference in someone's life because of what you have allowed me to experience and to share with others. Thank you for the lessons I have learned. Most of all, thank you for being there with me through it all and for carrying me so much of the way. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min bad bob 183,000
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 6 min patsy the shared ... 42
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Aura Mytha 56,491
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min andet1987 2,366
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min WasteWater 45,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr confrinting with ... 650,847
Sex with demon possessed doll (Jun '15) 1 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Catcher1 971,899
More from around the web