mike

AOL

#490504 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling God a "God-concept" is the first sign of your ignorance.
I don't even know you and I know you have difficulties adhering to the "GOD-concept", would that be "ignorance" laziness, confusion, what exactly prevents you from being perfect?

Why make a whole lot of noise about a GOD you fail to represent with perfection?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#490505 Feb 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< rubbing toes >>
.. darlin', it doesn't matter if one Christian or one million Christians opposed Hitler. The fact is, they did ..
.. we know a great deal about the roles of Nazis at the front lines of violence because people enjoy reading about it. How many people are interested in reading about the White Rose Movement ??..
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/white_ro...
.. there is a false assumption that Nazi anti-Semitism arose out of the bigotries of Christianity. Since Christianity is a bulwark against totalitarianism, most emphatically, it did not ..
.. Christian opposition within Nazi Germany was direct and emphatic. Why do you think Jehovah's Witnesses, priests and ministers were marched off to concentration camps, to their deaths ??..
.. you've reading too many slanted books There's always another side to any story. Unfortunately, people like to place blame, enjoy reading about evil. You're better than that ..
<< stroking HFY's silky hair >>
Sure. But the larger point is that anyone who lays claim to a perfectly moral deity that is objectively real for all people must also be able to explain their moral failings or admit they have no such deity.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490506 Feb 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Jesus commited suicide.
Wow, that's an interesting take.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490507 Feb 18, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yep... that's true too. Living godly versus ungodly.
Don't worry. Gay scientists have found the Christian gene and are working on a cure.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490508 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Yes, please.
With a sammich.
Hiya HidingFromRedneck!
How is ya?
So lonely without you, I'm afraid!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490509 Feb 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, every one of her posts was about killing people off for their sins!
That's what I called road kill, offing people left and right in the name of the lord.
How can anybody justify such a thing?
Tell me, please.
For whosoever shall commit any of these abomination even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from their people.Leviticus 18:29

Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance that ye commit not any one of theses abominable customs which were committed before you and that ye defile not yourselves therein;I am the Lord your God.Leviticus 18:30
mike

AOL

#490510 Feb 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a doubt. He loves everyone. Jesus is doing such a work here and my heart is to share but sadly it would just be mocked. God is so good!
Hello!

What exactly is a GOD doing on this entertainment site?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#490511 Feb 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
What biblical support is there concerning the "trinity"?
You can utilize both OT and NT verse in the argument.
I don't believe in the concept of the trinity... used to though. When the Protestants finally broke away from the RCC they took that doctrine with them and continued in it...

I do believe in Family though... "Let US make man in OUR image..."
mike

AOL

#490512 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry. Gay scientists have found the Christian gene and are working on a cure.
Funny!
Thanks

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490513 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe an invisible flying jap ninja landed on your roof too hard...
You were right. One did. I beat him up, then we drank sake together.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490514 Feb 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>lady, Judas was a greedy money grubbing selfish arnold benedict that wanted to line his pocket rather than follow the savior. that all.
Nope. He wouldn't have killed himself if he was that simple. Read the story again.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#490515 Feb 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Skombolis? I haven't seen any Christian repudiate his vile behavior in this recent matter yet. When other Christians have rebuked him, it has been over doctrinal disputes.
Which Christian will take a stand?
I am often told that I paint with too broad a brush when I talk about the Christian church, and not to throw out the baby with the bath water. What baby?
I have been for the most part scrolling past your posts and posts to you but if I were going to take a stand it would be against your prejudices against Christians and your double standard for them. You rag on them for doing things that you do, sometimes in the same post. No one is interested in giving up their rights so you can have your way. That should not surprise you but as self centered and grouchy as you are it probably does.

Any way life goes on, try it, or do you not know how to live life without stomping on others to get your way and grouching at them while you stomp?

Go figure.

“Saved. ”

#490516 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's an interesting take.
No... Jesus didn't commit suicide. Judas did though. I suppose Jesus put Himself up on that cross all by Himself maybe?

Come on, now.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490517 Feb 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
And if a man shall take his sister,his father's daughter or his mother's daughter and see her nakedness and she see his nakedness it is a wicked thing and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people he hath uncovered his sister;s nakedness he shall bear his iniquity.
Leviticus 20:17
Woops. Adam and Eve's kiddies kinda broke that rule for you, huh?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490518 Feb 18, 2013
Bigots? What bigots?
mike

AOL

#490519 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it will cause more people to give up the "God-concept."
Thanks!

Is there anything we can do to help these poor creatures?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490520 Feb 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
A jug of wine, A leg of lamb And thou! Beside me, Whistling in the darkness. Be Ye Not Lost Among Precepts of Order. The Book of Uteronomy 1;5
For the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an antonement for your souls;for it is the blood that maketh an antonement for the soul.Leviticus 17:11

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#490521 Feb 18, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't have to... you don't want to understand. You have your mind made up and are pro-fornications.
<quoted text>Here we go with the semantics folks... it will never end will it? What is so hard to understand about that passage? Again, it's not that you truly want to understand... you already have your mind made up no matter how clear it is.
Let's flip the script since we're into semantics: Some women actually like men other than their husbands looking at their butts so they would put on tight-fitting jeans to show off their butt, on purpose. I would think that they are guilty also. I'm not saying that this is the case but you do have women that try to be seductive on purpose.
We have men who try to be seductive too Quin. Men work out at the gym; mostly to "build muscles and Look good"..Oh yeah, YOU work out at the gym all the time..ooops. dang Q, Everytime you point your finger at someone for the things "THEY" do..There are 3 fingers pointing back at YOU. You are just as guilty. The more that I read your judgemental post, The more that I am beginning to realize that YOU would make a good legalistic Religious Preacher. Nothing to brag on but you fit the mold.

“Saved. ”

#490522 Feb 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Sorry Quin but you don't think things through. Unless Jesus nailed himself to the cross, there is someone else to thank.
Caiphus, Pilate, The Jews, The Romans, etc.
If not for them you and I would be 'damned to hell'.
Originally you told me I should thank satan.. I replied that we should only worship the Lord God and Him only shall we serve...

Caiphus, Pilate, The other Jewish Leaders, The Roman Occupancy... whether good or bad God can make it work out for good regardless of men's opposition to Him. If I were to do as you suggest then that would be like me enjoying a glass of Ice Tea and thanking my carpet for allowing me to look at it while I drink. Thank you Pilate for allowing the scourging of an innocent man which you knew was innocent?

No... I thank the God for His Son... I thank His Son for His Love and enduring the Cross for us... He didn't have to.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#490523 Feb 18, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat child predators? Today, they are never allowed to own a car or a drivers license, be at least 500 feet from a park or school. They are not allowed to go in State and Federal parks in the state that I live. You would give them back their rights, knowing they can not/will not change? What about child offenders?
I wasn't focusing on any specific type of crime. In fact, the issue was raised in connection with Skombolis.

Again. It is my view that, once a person has fully served his or her sentence for a crime, including the required period of parole, that person should be considered rehabilitated as a criminal or, if you prefer, the person will have paid his debt to society for his or her crime. There is no justifiable reason to deny the person the right to vote. This would just serve to marginalize people and possibly increase recidivism.

Yes, there are often certain restrictions on sex offenders--registration requirements, housing restrictions, perhaps others in some states. I wasn't addressing these, some of which are controversial and are currently undergoing review in the courts. There are also statutes permitting civil commitment, at the end of the criminal sentence, of persons deemed by psychiatric experts to be sexual predators. Obviously, these people are not eligible for restoration of civil rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 773,899
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min The Awakener 175,549
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min LTM 559,006
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Dr_Zorderz 265,016
T-Mobile DESTROYS competitors with 'Data Stash'... 23 min Doctor REALITY 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 28 min uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 4,729
Gay snapchat names 34 min kyd_214 144
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr HipGnosis 441,755
More from around the web