Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#490597 Feb 18, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Liar Liar: "You're not concerned with humility..are you?"
An couple examples of Liar Liar's twisted distorted view of humility...
1. "...never figured you a pompus as*..."
2. "...I am still learning who all the wolves in sheeps clothing are..."
And she makes a meeeee-eeean hypocrite too!
Its got to be terrible when the pedestal you build for yourself has stairs too narrow to climb back down.

Cupcake.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#490598 Feb 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I not even think spiritual discernment needed for that verse
Me, neither.

There is no such thing as spiritual discernment when it comes to understanding the printed word. There is only literacy and reading comprehension, both of which seem to be in short supply around here.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#490599 Feb 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I've seen Christians ask for forgiveness in their prayers b/c of their masturbation proclivities
2. Christianity includes all kinds of odd religious positions, like nuns and priests, who aren't allowed to have sex (thereby promoting all kinds of immoral sex)
3. Christianity includes a taboo against pre-marital sex. Perhaps the weakest in my list, but it does make for lots of teenage pregnancies due to silly principles regarding sex education and access to prophylactics.
In your paragraph above, you don't seem to realize that by requiring people to be silent about sex you are tacitly endorsing the hegemonic mainstream through censorship while promoting the coverup of sex crimes.
Also, the only way to produce truly educated people is to give them a broad, religion-free education. If you honestly wanted your children to choose your religion and understand its beauty, you would allow them to compare all religions. But you don't want your children to have these kinds of choices. You want them to perpetuate the religious belief system that you've been encultured to. There's nothing inherently evil about that, it's basically how all peoples on the planet work, but it's worth admitting and understanding this point.
<quoted text>
First, I constantly write that all peoples have done terrible atrocities and try very hard not to suggest there is something especially wrong with Christians. Rather, there is nothing compelling about Christianity that would lead one to conclude that their deity and precepts have any more objective reality to them than the claims of any other religion.
I'm not actually condemning Christians. I'd like it if you were capable of understanding other people's worldviews, though. Don't misinterpret me here - I have written that other believers of other religions share the same problems with empathy; they're likewise unable to accept that the other has a valid worldview and subjective reality.
Second, you're right. What am I doing here? I guess b/c my topix friends came here, I did. And then jumped into ongoing discussions. You'll note I haven't commented on anyone's prayers and haven't trolled posts between friends - I've basically restricted myself to answering arguments, and questions. Serrah posted one about evolution - that was fun to answer.
But, yeah, this isn't the place for me. Very sorry to have troubled you.
I see you have made some accusations about believers while excusing your own "friends" behaviors on here. Seems like we all got that "bias" gene in us after all.

In any case, I did enjoy responding to your posts. If you must go... vaya con Dios.

#490600 Feb 19, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Night Qu, have fun..
Night Le le... take care.

Fennario

#490601 Feb 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
it would be quite difficult to get immoral believers and immoral unbelievers to clasp hands and speak out against injustices
I can tell you that it is pretty much impossible to get any kind of Christian to take a stand against immoral Christian behavior. Take this thread as an example. Pretty much all we saw throughout the whole Dimwit episode was tacit support for a slanderous piece of Christian waste.

If an unbeliever is waiting for Christians to come forward and say, "Skombolis, you are wrong. Clearly, you are guilty of what you are accused. You have shamed our god and our faith. Please apologize" you're going to be waiting a hell of a long time, aren't you?

One or two have stepped up and offered their own apologies, which I appreciate, but apparently, none will dare judge a fellow Christian unless it's over a doctrinal dispute

#490602 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Its got to be terrible when the pedestal you build for yourself has stairs too narrow to climb back down.
Cupcake.
I always build my pedastals with stairs and railings to come back down... so it's not terrible at all. I even bring a prayer mat.

Trinity debunked... what else you got?

Fennario

#490603 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I have seen my fair share of good and bad in most professions.
What about prison guards? Are there good and bad there, too? Just wondering, since I've never been.
Skombolis wrote:
But when someone can't even bring themselves to say they cared about their patients obviously the sense I get about the care they provided is not a good one.
To the best of my recollection, you've never denied that your mother was a whore. If somebody can't even bring themselves to deny such an allegation about his own mother, the sense I get about them and their mother is not a good one.

You're such an idiot. As I mentioned to Serah recently, you don't have a single weapon at your disposal that cannot be retroflexed and used to colonoscope you now.

#490604 Feb 19, 2013
Oh... and thank you for the cupcake!

#490605 Feb 19, 2013
Adios...

:)

Fennario

#490609 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Think of the sickness and group contagion and hate it would require even within the Nazi party to carry out such atrocities.
Nazi Germany was almost exclusively Christian. The Jews in Nazi Germany had about as much hope of German Christians taking a minority position against the immoral behavior of fellow Christians in uniform as I did in this thread.

I'm sure that we can make much better people than that. We need a better ideology than Christianity with its repeatedly failed moral system. Look at you.

Fennario

#490610 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a fine grammatical distinction for you: Clothes are hung, but when a person has been put to death by hanging, he was not hung, he was hanged.
I though I should mention that, as the newly ordained Pastor of the Thread.
I like those kinds of thing.

Here's one for you: food is healthful, not healthy. Most food is dead.

Fennario

#490612 Feb 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
The difference being there are photo's and documents as evidence of the cooperation and genocide.
http://snipurl.com/254ovn5

Fennario

#490613 Feb 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. any trained hospice volunteer, nurse or social worker will tell you the program addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient ..
.. a physician addresses the physical ..
.. a social worker addresses the emotional ..
.. a cleric addresses the spiritual ..
.. while the roles may intertwine somewhat, rarely does a physician become involved with the emotional or spiritual needs of a dying patient. That's not their role, they're not trained in that area ..
.. hospice works because skilled professionals tend to all the patient's needs ..
.. would you want a cleric addressing your physical needs? Would you want an untrained physician addressing your emotional needs ??..
.. every professional in hospice has a role, and, when your combine their skills, the patient usually reaches a state of acceptance regarding their death ..
.. I, for one, wouldn't want it any other way. Keep the physician out of my emotional and spiritual needs, he/she is not qualified ..
Good post. You are correct.

I could tell you some great stories about hospice chaplains. The only time I ever ate in the Hooters near our hospice offices was when pastor Jerry took me lunch there.
Henry

Thum, Germany

#490614 Feb 19, 2013
ethanmc1980 wrote:
Don't really know but I haven't committed that many sins for sure. In any case, I've never heard that Jesus ever hated anyone. His love is for everyone, irrespective of qualities one possesses.
Oh my! Jesus died for more than 2000 years ago. So what!

Fennario

#490615 Feb 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I would restore all civil rights upon the full completion of the sentence. One exception: possession of firearms.
It's a character and trust issue. We don't necessarily have to incarcerate the Skombolises of the world forever, but we also don't want to trust them in positions of authority or responsibility, and certainly not with weapons, even if they claim to have found Jesus in slam.
Henry

Thum, Germany

#490616 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no differnce.
We are all Sons (Daughters) of God and descendants of Adam.
Unless the Bible is full of lies.
Thats for certain! There was not any god and of course no Adam or even eden!

Fennario

#490617 Feb 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that in his reading and the comprehension of what he reads, he doesn't look at the entire sentence or statement and suddenly stops at a certain point, and then runs with that erroneous conclusion based upon incomplete information.
He gets to a point, thinks "AHA!"... and never considers the rest of what was stated, which would clarify the thought process.
In effect he creates his lack of comprehension by utilizing incomplete data that he fails to consider.
Very possibly. He clearly lacks the ability to discern the meaning of the written word, rendering him functionally illiterate. But how much reading do you have to do operating a leafblower or stocking paper clips on the shelves at Office Depot?
Henry

Thum, Germany

#490618 Feb 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
We all are.
Quin is no different in that respect than you, me or anyone else.
This thread is a playground and we play a nasty version of dodgeball.
Now, back to the game.... < chucks ball at LeLe >
A "kingdom of god"? What a lousy idea!
Henry

Thum, Germany

#490619 Feb 19, 2013
ethanmc1980 wrote:
Don't really know but I haven't committed that many sins for sure. In any case, I've never heard that Jesus ever hated anyone. His love is for everyone, irrespective of qualities one possesses.
Well, whatever you may say: sins are only a phantasm similar to a god! So forgot the hole religions!

Fennario

#490620 Feb 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
It may not be practical to expect all doctors will treat their patients in the same manner they would treat a loved one.
Your standards are too low, which is why I had the job and you didn't.

All patients are loved ones while under care.

A physician is expected to do as much for one patient as another in the same circumstances. His teachers expect it, his peers expect it, the medical board expects it, and the community expects it,

Judging a person on superficial considerations such as who they are willing to worship, and letting those that don't worship properly to suffer, is more characteristic of your god than a physician.
Skombolis wrote:
But to me, that line is what separates many doctors from the pack.

You are not fit to judge physicians. Your opinion doesn't matter. You are a felon, which means that society no longer trusts you or values your opinion. That is why you have been told that can't own a gun, serve on a jury, or vote.

"Cleanup on isle five" - that's for you, Dim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Drumpf Disaster 46,224
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Johnny 388
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr kent 691,985
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 6 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web