Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spirit points out truth and love as signs and paths to a better existence(one which was, but was lost). Abrahamic leaders use laws which threaten and punish. That is the path of fear, and does NOT come from the Spirit, but from men who wish to imprison and divide the spirit, and keep it from becoming one in the ALL.
.. neat !!..

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS just hates Christians. It's usually best if you don't pay much attention to his rantings, just laugh at them.
Agreed.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Knowledge.....I am a Christian and DO NOT hate homosexuals
Jesus Loves Everyone
Agreed, but this Jesus person probably hates sin. Does he not Ms. Eppy?

Andrew (CS).

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Go? I'm not going anywhere. I have a good life where I am. When I help others face to face, they will be from right here in my local community.
And I think I'd have to go to Iran to protest the hanging of Iranian gays.If I did that, I'd almost certainly be hung myself. I hope that's not what you meant by "good."
Here's a fine grammatical distinction for you: Clothes are hung, but when a person has been put to death by hanging, he was not hung, he was hanged.

I though I should mention that, as the newly ordained Pastor of the Thread.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there Chris, how're coming alone?
Very good. I'm been taking some pain pills but while they help with it gives me nausea. Think I will deal with the pain from here on out. Also God is blessing me so much. Glory to Him.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doing it for the kids.
Are you familiar with Zach Galifianakis?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yes, thanks. I'm already a fan, beginning with the Comedians of Comedy tours, and the Between Two Ferns interviews. And of course The Hangover(s). He's a weirdo in Sam Kinison and Bobcat Goldthwait school of weirdos.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:- to: QU-
<quoted text>
.. what does this have to do with your arrogance ??..
<quoted text>
.. consulting your crystal ball? Again ??..
.. neither I nor Le_Le are the current subject matter, your arrogance and name calling is ..
<quoted text>
.. Lucifer is Le_Le's God? Did you consult your tarot cards ??..
<quoted text>
.. did Le_Le call you demonic, a liar? Did she condemn you ??..
.. challenge my azz. You think you have the perfect right to condemn others for their beliefs. That's arrogance ..
.. you're still in spiritual diapers ..
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>In ways that will not be understood, I understand you. JESUS was soft and loving, and was loved deeply by many. If one gathers around a Reiki Master, they will feel an energy that is beyond normality. People gathered around JESUS for miles, and the population was not what it is today.
If we could just draw on that love, we would feed the starving people in Africa and understand that they are a victim of circumstance, and that GOD will be suffering seeing them suffering so. When there is a vulture stalking a baby, your heart should feel a breaking point of hurt. If your heart is missing this emotion, seek it, it gives you a new perspective in life.
GOD has blesses us all, we are all HIS children, and HE loves us so.
I understand, why you would "understand" HL, Serah..
:)

This post of your's could move a mountain..yes?

Thank you- and--Bravo!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
You may take that any way you like Teddy Bear... I am not most people. I find that if a poster calls themselves a Christian, they are immediately attacked and thrown into one category.
As 'all' Christians are not the same, neither are atheist, agnostics, even 'teddy bears'...So my lack of response, or failure to answer, as you put it, is just too ambiguous of a question.
I also don't feel the need to correct you, judgement on your words are not up to me. You are the one who has to look in the mirror...
I will say this though, your directness is refreshing. I would rather have a civil debate with you then someone who straddles the fence...
Whether you are a Christian or not, has no bearing on my feelings for you, but just know that I would be there you if you ever needed someone.:) I speak from the heart*
This is how I 'try' and live my life...
J*O*Y* J= Jesus first O= others second Y= yourself last...
Good answer! Thanks. And good attitude.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Priests were jailed and killed who tried to speak out
It was a time of fear for many people
Hate and fear can cause a ripple effect that lead to a tidal wave and anybody standing in its path gets swept away with little or no evidence they were ever there. But that doesn't mean they weren't. Just what could most people do against that type of power? It took a combination of countries during a world war to stop it
What situation even exists where someone can put blame either on all the church as if it is an entity of itself or all Christians?
I agree with you on the latter which you focused on and would suggest the irony that needs to be considered. Hitler was a bigot of the highest order using whatever he could to advance his personal agenda and stooping to unbelievable lows. When someone's target is Christianity and they are using Hitler in this fashion to advance their own agenda by blaming all in the faith it would seem they haven't learned the lesson history is trying to teach us.
The Holocaust was a travesty but it would a deranged and evil man who through fear and intimidation and appealing to other's hate built himself a powerbase and kept many of its activities hidden from worldview until it was too late. People blew off even the rumblings as propaganda. He invoked whatever justification he needed including religion. Anyone trying to paint Christianity by Hitler might as well paint all Muslims from 9-11. They wont of course as their hate is centered on Christians. They are not too different than those they oppose when it comes to the sweeping disdain. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting everyone that hates Christians would stoop to killing them. I am just saying the underlying motivations are bigotry.
The difference being there are photo's and documents as evidence of the cooperation and genocide.Let us not forget Croatia either.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No
And i never suggested a doctor needs to provide spiritual guidance. I suggested perhaps a doctor who doesn't believe in God would find a hard time connecting with patients that mathematically probably were mostly Christian and probably talking about, in part at least, spiritual matters as their time neared
Any $10 an hour hospice worker can put an IV in or administer drugs. I personally feel a doctor has a moral obligation to care about the mental and physical well being of his patients. Part of the Hippocratic Oath states
.. any trained hospice volunteer, nurse or social worker will tell you the program addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient ..

.. a physician addresses the physical ..

.. a social worker addresses the emotional ..

.. a cleric addresses the spiritual ..

.. while the roles may intertwine somewhat, rarely does a physician become involved with the emotional or spiritual needs of a dying patient. That's not their role, they're not trained in that area ..

.. hospice works because skilled professionals tend to all the patient's needs ..

.. would you want a cleric addressing your physical needs? Would you want an untrained physician addressing your emotional needs ??..

.. every professional in hospice has a role, and, when your combine their skills, the patient usually reaches a state of acceptance regarding their death ..

.. I, for one, wouldn't want it any other way. Keep the physician out of my emotional and spiritual needs, he/she is not qualified ..

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. interesting topic, well worth pursing ..
.. are some people hardwired for compassion, empathy? Or, is it a learned behavior ??..
.. infants are totally self-centered, engrossed in their own little world. With nurturing, they slowly become aware of the outside world ..
.. Plato compared man to a chariot: the intellect is the driver and the emotions are the horses. Kant saw compassion as a weak and misguided sentiment. Darwin viewed compassion as rational, functional and adaptive. Research suggests compassion is an evolved part of human nature, rooted in our brain and biology, ready to be cultivated for the greater good ..
.. so, what is it? Nurture or nature ??..
In my view, environment, upbringing, experience, family, all of these factors can affect the way our life symphony is performed. Faster, slower, louder, softer, mechanically, emotionally.

But the notes, the symphony itself, cannot be altered. It has been composed and we are born with it. It is hard-wired if you will.

As examples, Dick Cheney would lack compassion no matter what happened in his life, and Annie would be a caring person no matter what happened in her life.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfect example of your blind hypocrisy!
Don't you see it?
Or is your ego so big it's gotten in the way- and you simply can't see it?
Angry and defensive is also exactly how you behave when disagreed with..
LOL!!
My God- you threatened to find someone in the RW and break their neck! Don't ask me to find the post bcause we both know it was pulled and you were yet again banned for your bad behavior!
Why don't you check yourself - instead of taking everyone else's inventory?
And why don't you do likewise lele, you are still a hypocrite who do not stand on the Word of God, and D has you and Apples pegged correctly.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what's your thinking on returning all civil rights to a felon after completing their sentence (including parole)??..
I would restore all civil rights upon the full completion of the sentence.

One exception: possession of firearms.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. I'm been taking some pain pills but while they help with it gives me nausea. Think I will deal with the pain from here on out. Also God is blessing me so much. Glory to Him.
Well as they say.........some meds will have to make you sicker first before it will make you better, but Dr Jesus is the best doctor and medicine of all, glad to know you're healing along.

blessings.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron says what.
Where in hell did you get from that that he doesn't want you know that you incorrectly paraphrased him? He said, "You've incorrectly paraphrased me," Dimwit. And then you called him a liar.
This is the heart and mind of a Christian. He's trained in slandering his detractors, and his mind has been pureed into mush. This should cause any decent person to speak up and object. Look for the humanists here to do that, and the Christians to just watch.
"The end"? I hope so. We can do so much better.
It appears that in his reading and the comprehension of what he reads, he doesn't look at the entire sentence or statement and suddenly stops at a certain point, and then runs with that erroneous conclusion based upon incomplete information.

He gets to a point, thinks "AHA!"... and never considers the rest of what was stated, which would clarify the thought process.

In effect he creates his lack of comprehension by utilizing incomplete data that he fails to consider.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not bringing my own, you're offering free beer!
:o
Everyone in this room is invited. Since there will be a crowd I will move the pizza social to a local church...it is kinda ancient looking too.

Padre Armando Dominic van Helsing will be serving holy water as additional refreshment.
I must say, teh name rather sounds familiar.
:)+)

Um...say, uh...Mr. Redneck, em... do you know if there are any resident ware wolves and vampires on this thread? I don't want it to seem like I'm discriminating. After all, it is called a social.

Andrew (CS).
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my view, environment, upbringing, experience, family, all of these factors can affect the way our life symphony is performed. Faster, slower, louder, softer, mechanically, emotionally.
But the notes, the symphony itself, cannot be altered. It has been composed and we are born with it. It is hard-wired if you will.
As examples, Dick Cheney would lack compassion no matter what happened in his life, and Annie would be a caring person no matter what happened in her life.
Thanks for a good laugh. As just poster that has read Annie being quite uncaring at times this is bunk. Not to say she like anyone could not have a change of heart. Again getting a laugh here. Cheney? Really? Lol.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thats a waste. My wife has said she didn't need anyone to tell her she was in the wrong all those years, she knew it. What won her over was a friend that helped. As I've said I was on the same path but not as far down along. God knows who is real. Ptl.
I am very happy for you and your bride Mr. Clearwater. Well done. May Yahweh be praised.

CS.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she was a pervert, was being the operative word, but now she's saved by the blood of someone named Iesous Kristos aka Jesus Christ.
Why do you ask this question Mr. Catcher?
CS.
I ask the question because the record should be clear.

You are now on record as characterizing Mr. Clearwater's wife as a former pervert.

To you, she used to be a pervert but has been cured of her perversion.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
What a minute here.
I see...
"Consenting adults" is fine as long as they aren't related, right?
Correct, and for the reasons I've stated previously.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're a hypocrite, dude.
No, I'm not a hypocrite. You're comparing something that isn't related.

Same sex relations between consenting adults does not run the risk of increased birth defects, nor does it have the possibility of adult family members coercing or putting undue pressures upon minor children within the family to participate in an incestuous relationship once they reach adulthood.

There are reasons for the laws concerning incest, and so far you've not presented any information that shows those are not valid considerations.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You can't sit there and say that homosexuality is ok as long as they're consenting adults but incest is a no-no.
It's all or nothing, duder.

Then present the evidence or information that eliminates those reasons I provided above.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

478 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min eyeful 532,766
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min eyeful 172,395
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 12 min yon 14
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Dr_Zorderz 256,493
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 13 min Fa-Foxy 20
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Joyful8118 720,516
Last Word + 2 22 min Rosie 77
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Szajen 75
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Krackerjacks 115,083
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••