Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#490210 Feb 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what's your thinking on returning all civil rights to a felon after completing their sentence (including parole)??..
I would restore all civil rights upon the full completion of the sentence.

One exception: possession of firearms.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#490211 Feb 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. I'm been taking some pain pills but while they help with it gives me nausea. Think I will deal with the pain from here on out. Also God is blessing me so much. Glory to Him.
Well as they say.........some meds will have to make you sicker first before it will make you better, but Dr Jesus is the best doctor and medicine of all, glad to know you're healing along.

blessings.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#490212 Feb 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron says what.
Where in hell did you get from that that he doesn't want you know that you incorrectly paraphrased him? He said, "You've incorrectly paraphrased me," Dimwit. And then you called him a liar.
This is the heart and mind of a Christian. He's trained in slandering his detractors, and his mind has been pureed into mush. This should cause any decent person to speak up and object. Look for the humanists here to do that, and the Christians to just watch.
"The end"? I hope so. We can do so much better.
It appears that in his reading and the comprehension of what he reads, he doesn't look at the entire sentence or statement and suddenly stops at a certain point, and then runs with that erroneous conclusion based upon incomplete information.

He gets to a point, thinks "AHA!"... and never considers the rest of what was stated, which would clarify the thought process.

In effect he creates his lack of comprehension by utilizing incomplete data that he fails to consider.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#490213 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not bringing my own, you're offering free beer!
:o
Everyone in this room is invited. Since there will be a crowd I will move the pizza social to a local church...it is kinda ancient looking too.

Padre Armando Dominic van Helsing will be serving holy water as additional refreshment.
I must say, teh name rather sounds familiar.
:)+)

Um...say, uh...Mr. Redneck, em... do you know if there are any resident ware wolves and vampires on this thread? I don't want it to seem like I'm discriminating. After all, it is called a social.

Andrew (CS).
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490214 Feb 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my view, environment, upbringing, experience, family, all of these factors can affect the way our life symphony is performed. Faster, slower, louder, softer, mechanically, emotionally.
But the notes, the symphony itself, cannot be altered. It has been composed and we are born with it. It is hard-wired if you will.
As examples, Dick Cheney would lack compassion no matter what happened in his life, and Annie would be a caring person no matter what happened in her life.
Thanks for a good laugh. As just poster that has read Annie being quite uncaring at times this is bunk. Not to say she like anyone could not have a change of heart. Again getting a laugh here. Cheney? Really? Lol.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#490215 Feb 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thats a waste. My wife has said she didn't need anyone to tell her she was in the wrong all those years, she knew it. What won her over was a friend that helped. As I've said I was on the same path but not as far down along. God knows who is real. Ptl.
I am very happy for you and your bride Mr. Clearwater. Well done. May Yahweh be praised.

CS.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#490216 Feb 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she was a pervert, was being the operative word, but now she's saved by the blood of someone named Iesous Kristos aka Jesus Christ.
Why do you ask this question Mr. Catcher?
CS.
I ask the question because the record should be clear.

You are now on record as characterizing Mr. Clearwater's wife as a former pervert.

To you, she used to be a pervert but has been cured of her perversion.

Location hidden

#490217 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What a minute here.
I see...
"Consenting adults" is fine as long as they aren't related, right?
Correct, and for the reasons I've stated previously.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're a hypocrite, dude.
No, I'm not a hypocrite. You're comparing something that isn't related.

Same sex relations between consenting adults does not run the risk of increased birth defects, nor does it have the possibility of adult family members coercing or putting undue pressures upon minor children within the family to participate in an incestuous relationship once they reach adulthood.

There are reasons for the laws concerning incest, and so far you've not presented any information that shows those are not valid considerations.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You can't sit there and say that homosexuality is ok as long as they're consenting adults but incest is a no-no.
It's all or nothing, duder.

Then present the evidence or information that eliminates those reasons I provided above.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490218 Feb 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. any trained hospice volunteer, nurse or social worker will tell you the program addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient ..
.. a physician addresses the physical ..
.. a social worker addresses the emotional ..
.. a cleric addresses the spiritual ..
.. while the roles may intertwine somewhat, rarely does a physician become involved with the emotional or spiritual needs of a dying patient. That's not their role, they're not trained in that area ..
.. hospice works because skilled professionals tend to all the patient's needs ..
.. would you want a cleric addressing your physical needs? Would you want an untrained physician addressing your emotional needs ??..
.. every professional in hospice has a role, and, when your combine their skills, the patient usually reaches a state of acceptance regarding their death ..
.. I, for one, wouldn't want it any other way. Keep the physician out of my emotional and spiritual needs, he/she is not qualified ..
Different strokes I guess

Although I am not suggesting a doctor doesn't respect boundaries as indicated by the patient. What I am saying is to me the quality of care someone receives is probably proportionate to the actual concern a doctor has for their patient

If you had a choice would you want a doctor who sincerely cared about you as a person and therefore did not only everything that was legally required but that you knew would go over and above the minimum because they cared for their patients in the same manner in which they would care for a loved one or would you want a doctor who only does what is absolutely required of him by law to ensure he can not be sued and still collect his fee?

Like I said, it may be possible someone can fulfill their oath and not personally care about their patients. I know I would want the doctor in charge of the care of a dying family member to be emotionally vested in the outcome

It may not be practical to expect all doctors will treat their patients in the same manner they would treat a loved one. But to me, that line is what separates many doctors from the pack. I personally don't think a lot of doctors care about their patients so long as they dot their "I"s and cross their "T"'s to cover themselves and their practice. I want a doctor that takes it to heart when something goes wrong and cares about the mental and physical well being of his/her patients the same way they would at least a friend. And there are some doctors that I believe have this kind of relationship with their patients

But like I said, different strokes. I just know what I would want for me or a friend or a family member

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#490219 Feb 18, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>And why don't you do likewise lele, you are still a hypocrite who do not stand on the Word of God, and D has you and Apples pegged correctly.
You don't get it, and unfortunatly for those in your wake.. you never will..

Location hidden

#490220 Feb 18, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just going to calibrate my antennas to pay attention to all fallacies for a while.
<quoted text>
It's not always false. People on your team that refuse to play are helping the other team win.
"If you're not with us, in choosing this wallpaper, you're against us." - That would be a false choice.
<quoted text>
Nope.
<quoted text>
We're all related. What did he actually say? Was it about the law?
<quoted text>
Why?
Connect the dots.
There is a reason incest is taboo. There is often strong manipulation involved because of familial bonds. It would be difficult to discern, from a legal standpoint, what is actually freely consensual, and what only appears to be consensual. Experience and reason tells us that the possibility for coercion is so great, that legally, we should dissuade incest to promote protection for those that are (more often than not) coerced into sexual relationships with close family members.
Consensual adult relationships outside the family, whether gay or straight, does not present any correlation to high risk of coercion.
Well said.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490221 Feb 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>But if the japaneses government wanted to change the age of consent to say 12, whats to stop them?....
The USA has 14 as the age of consent in some states.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490222 Feb 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very happy for you and your bride Mr. Clearwater. Well done. May Yahweh be praised.
CS.
Yes. One of the things that her post reminded me of was we do have fakers everywhere. Really anyone can say anything but the Lord God knows who is real. No doubt in my mind when the lady that would become my wife cried out to the Lord for help He saved her from not only drugs, not only a bad lifestyle but gave her LIFE! Ptl for His love and mercy on sinners like me.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#490223 Feb 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< rubbing toes >>
.. darlin', it doesn't matter if one Christian or one million Christians opposed Hitler. The fact is, they did ..
.. we know a great deal about the roles of Nazis at the front lines of violence because people enjoy reading about it. How many people are interested in reading about the White Rose Movement ??..
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/white_ro...
.. there is a false assumption that Nazi anti-Semitism arose out of the bigotries of Christianity. Since Christianity is a bulwark against totalitarianism, most emphatically, it did not ..
.. Christian opposition within Nazi Germany was direct and emphatic. Why do you think Jehovah's Witnesses, priests and ministers were marched off to concentration camps, to their deaths ??..
.. you've reading too many slanted books There's always another side to any story. Unfortunately, people like to place blame, enjoy reading about evil. You're better than that ..
<< stroking HFY's silky hair >>
I side with Hiding here, from what I know of the history of the era.

I would even go so far as to call the Pope complicit.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#490224 Feb 18, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Duane..........Jesus was sent by God for the purpose of a sacrifice to redeem all of mankind, the people that you mentioned all had a hand in his crucifiion true..........but they were given power of God just to apprehend him as the hypocrites and unbelievers had previously tried to do him harm beofre during his ministry and were unable to do so.
John 19:10-11
10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? 11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
Agreed. Jesus commited suicide.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#490225 Feb 18, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it, and unfortunatly for those in your wake.. you never will..
Don't get WHAT lele, if you honestly believe I am lacking in understanding somewhere here why don't you be good enough to point it out to me?!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490226 Feb 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that in his reading and the comprehension of what he reads, he doesn't look at the entire sentence or statement and suddenly stops at a certain point, and then runs with that erroneous conclusion based upon incomplete information.
He gets to a point, thinks "AHA!"... and never considers the rest of what was stated, which would clarify the thought process.
In effect he creates his lack of comprehension by utilizing incomplete data that he fails to consider.
It appears to me making excuses has become more important than the truth for some.

TIDE said:

"I didn't intend for you to think that I thought you paraphrased me incorrectly about it being fortuitous. I was merely elaborating"

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

After originally saying

Tide said:

"You've incorrectly paraphrased me, and insulted me. Yet, I'm not even defending myself. I don't care. I hope you continue. It serves my purposes better if you do."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

How does someone say they didn't intend for me to think I paraphrased them incorrectly despite saying "You've incorrectly paraphrased me"?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490227 Feb 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask the question because the record should be clear.
You are now on record as characterizing Mr. Clearwater's wife as a former pervert.
To you, she used to be a pervert but has been cured of her perversion.
True. The new has come the old is gone. She hasn't done heroin since 1999 either. I no longer lie or speak like I did before 2004. Your point?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#490228 Feb 18, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a problem with self righteous fools using religion
to further their hate adgendas.. Whether they think they are
forcing their beliefs on others for God or not...
Agreed. No one has the right to "save" anyone else.

They need to follow their own beliefs and allow the rest of the world to "Go to Hell" if they want to.

If one thinks X,Y,Z are sins then don't do X,Y,Z.

Pretty simple concept.

For myself, if 'Hell" means being away from "control freaks" I will gladly roast for all eternity.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490229 Feb 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Jesus commited suicide.
Ok, I'm out. Don't have time for the mockers right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min River Tam 92,720
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min MUQ2 286,086
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 46,040
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,101
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 3 hr truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 4 hr raj 37
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr trifecta1 979,463
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web