dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490142 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Many??? What you mean to write is "Almost all Christians endorsed Hitler. There was the odd Christian who retained their moral standing, but those fine people were few and far between, with non of them holding government positions until war was declared.*"
*please note that, among Catholics, the percentage of Christians who endorsed Hitler was higher than among Protestants.
read my post to HL
about RCC Church Pope Pius endorsing hitler as noble christian leader fighting against devil from east, and devil from england

only conspiracies and cooperation of catolic single priests with partisans and oposers brought them to the death,torment,jail or camp
NOT BECAUSE THE WERE CATOLICS,OR PROTESTANTS,OR ANY CHRISTIAN ORIENTATION

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#490143 Feb 18, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Welp, Lordwilling I'll return l8tr as I have some errands to run... Take care folks.
:)
Well...gosh, I hope those errands don't involve putting your life in danger!

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#490144 Feb 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't speak for me CS, because you can't read my mind any better than Trifecta can. What is it with Christians who think they are psychic? Moreover, maybe I keep asking the same questions because Christians keep making the same claims. Ya think?
Uh...em... my apologies Mr. Rider; I keep forgetting you want to be purged of gayness.

LOL

At the very least my very old and most certainly confused rival, I hope you are well and have shelter in this winter season.

Counter_Strike.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490145 Feb 18, 2013
let there be love wrote:
Jesus was unable to hate any living creature
he had no evil in him
why He loves you is only from love
it is not hard to know that He is unselfish
pay no heed to the church
Jesus was not a christian
False. Jesus hated an olive tree. He also whipped money lenders.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#490146 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. A minor can't be a consenting adult because they are a minor & not an adult.
We're speculating on ADULTS, not minors.
says who? what is the definition of a minor?

Lets just look age of consent in other countries today 21st century.

Albania-14
Bolivia-14
Crotia-14
Japan-13
Syria-13

So if NY make law that say 2 men can marry based on age of consent, 2 women can marry based on age of consent.

Can't NY state make law that say age of consent is now 11 yrs of age? why not 10yrs of age? and then a 45yr old NY resident can marry a 10yr old. why not?[age of consent] is what the homosexual argue right? so just change the age of consent age. Mankind in they governmental powers, CAN do that. would that make it right?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490147 Feb 18, 2013
Whoa! Earthquake at my house!!! It's shaking!

Just a little one though, no need to get alarmed.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490148 Feb 18, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
read my post to HL
No. I never read your posts. They're utterly stupid, like a disco ball at a child's 2nd birthday.

Thanks for reading mine, though :)
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490149 Feb 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have experienced this problem in many parts of the world.
That's why pictures on the doors are best.
D (damas) and C (caballeros) are sometimes used in South America too.
Forget about your description

S (stupidios)

you never been in many parts of the world, and you are LIAR

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490150 Feb 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. many Christians did challenge Hitler. There were people like Grace, No Stress and Le_Le who said, "No, this is wrong." They were among the brave, people willing to stand up for their convictions ..
.. the Catholic Church tried to contain Hitler via numerous Accords. All were broken. I can understand your fault finding with the church but, in honor of the many Christians who risked their lives to confront injustice, even die, how can we place blame on all Christians? Just doesn't make sense to me ..
Priests were jailed and killed who tried to speak out

It was a time of fear for many people

Hate and fear can cause a ripple effect that lead to a tidal wave and anybody standing in its path gets swept away with little or no evidence they were ever there. But that doesn't mean they weren't. Just what could most people do against that type of power? It took a combination of countries during a world war to stop it

What situation even exists where someone can put blame either on all the church as if it is an entity of itself or all Christians?

I agree with you on the latter which you focused on and would suggest the irony that needs to be considered. Hitler was a bigot of the highest order using whatever he could to advance his personal agenda and stooping to unbelievable lows. When someone's target is Christianity and they are using Hitler in this fashion to advance their own agenda by blaming all in the faith it would seem they haven't learned the lesson history is trying to teach us.

The Holocaust was a travesty but it would a deranged and evil man who through fear and intimidation and appealing to other's hate built himself a powerbase and kept many of its activities hidden from worldview until it was too late. People blew off even the rumblings as propaganda. He invoked whatever justification he needed including religion. Anyone trying to paint Christianity by Hitler might as well paint all Muslims from 9-11. They wont of course as their hate is centered on Christians. They are not too different than those they oppose when it comes to the sweeping disdain. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting everyone that hates Christians would stoop to killing them. I am just saying the underlying motivations are bigotry.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490151 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Whoa! Earthquake at my house!!! It's shaking!
Just a little one though, no need to get alarmed.
Sign? and warning
that Absolute Power of Jesus is not to be destroyed by man
IN PROPER TIME HE WILL SHAKE DOWN BY EARTHQUAKES ALL OF YOUR ROTTEN AND DEAD MORALY FRUITS OF THIS EARTH
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490152 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I never read your posts. They're utterly stupid, like a disco ball at a child's 2nd birthday.
Thanks for reading mine, though :)
I am not predujice,or rascistic scumbag.I read all posts
I do like jokes,and spew the truth against dung immoral atheists,

but my spiritual wisdom mostly is stupidity to those without of spiritual eyes and spiritual awareness

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490153 Feb 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>says who? what is the definition of a minor?
Lets just look age of consent in other countries today 21st century.
Albania-14
Bolivia-14
Crotia-14
Japan-13
Syria-13
So if NY make law that say 2 men can marry based on age of consent, 2 women can marry based on age of consent.
Can't NY state make law that say age of consent is now 11 yrs of age? why not 10yrs of age? and then a 45yr old NY resident can marry a 10yr old. why not?[age of consent] is what the homosexual argue right? so just change the age of consent age. Mankind in they governmental powers, CAN do that. would that make it right?
I can't speak to the other nations, but you're utterly wrong on Japan. Legal age of consent in Japan, legal age to drink alcohol and vote is 20, legal age to buy cigarettes, 20.

That's two decades. Two. Not one and a bit. Two whole decades, rounded to the nearest whole number. Twenty. And when we girls have our twentieth birthday, we dress up in kimono and go prance around the town. Well...to be honest...it's more like when we're 20 on the Emperor's birthday, but sort of the same thing. So all the young girl-cum-adults are strutting their stuff, dressed up like carefully wrapped butterflies, on the same day - becoming legal.

Sorry, baby, English may not be your first language, but that doesn't excuse your inaccurate information. Use the Internet, be careful, choose reliable sources. That's what it's there for.

So if you pick up a 13 year old here, you're going to jail. Right where you belong (if you're like that, which I'm not insinuating).

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#490154 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's pretend your mythology is "real."
In that case, Judas had no choice. From the moment of the Creation of the Universe, God knew that Judas would betray Jesus (God). Recall that you pretend your deity is Omnipotent, Omniscient and All-loving.
Oops! We've hit a snag. Your deity can't be all that all loving if He's willing to force people into those He Hates. But, whatever, neither you nor your theologians are capable of surmounting that one...so, let's pretend that your deity is just Omniscient and Omnipotent. In that case, He Created Judas to betray Jesus. There's no alternative.
It's cute that you believe Judas had an alternative, though. Even the Jehovah's Witnesses have given up on the silly notion of "free will" within Christian doctrine.
you freethinkers is steadily making this mistake and error, that a religion, in this case Jehovah's Witness is a good thing. Religion is not good. Christianity in the name of God do some evil disgraceful things. I consider myself a Jesus follower first, and a Christian second.

but that another subject.

I see you point about Judas. So let me see if you is as wacky and a nutcase as that wilderide freethinker.

You think a human being should be held responsible for they behavior?

or put another way. A bar owner and bartender, see a customer come in they know is a drunk. and although that bar owner and bartender know this person is a alcoholic and will get drunk, should they trample on they constitutional right and not serve them alcohol?

Who is responsible for the client getting drunk?, the bartender and owner? or the client that buy the alcohol and get drunk?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#490155 Feb 18, 2013
7 Know ye not, brethren,(for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Romans 7:1-4

This breaks down the subject of divorce and remarriage for the saints.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#490156 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
False. Jesus hated an olive tree. He also whipped money lenders.
no,
IT WAS NOT HATE,ONLY PROFF OF HIS CREATIVE POWER HAVING OWN RIGHT TO DO WHAT HE WISH
he proved that Israel as chosen nation(Olive tree) can be in one day dead and without of any fruits like this OLIVE TREE symbolizing nation of Israel
JESUS PRABLES AND SPIRITUAL ACTIVITY WERE NOT LIVING EVENTS SPREADING HAATES

rather you spread hate about Him,not having any clue of His Spiritual sense and spiritual activity as Creator

whip money lenders is not hate,only encuragement to repent and not doing this any more in the Temple

hate alaways cause suffering and death
YOU DON'T KNOW THIS PROCESS WHAT IS HATE

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#490157 Feb 18, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. SKOM, please re-think this. If providing palliative care to a dying person is pimping for the pharmaceutical companies, I approve of pimps ..
In and of itself providing care for a dying person is a necessity and one I am glad is available for some anyway.

In this particular instance it wouldn't be the type of care provided but the quality of it and the motivation behind it I would question.

How does someone talk about cutting off patients for not following instructions if the patients in their care are ones dying? How does a doctor not bend over backwards to make sure their patient understands or not realize the mental dependency many dying patients have on their doctors. They need people in their lives that see them as a suffering human being and not a nuisance.

I will say for the record I can't state with certainty the type of care IANs provided. But that the man has been asked 4 times if he cared about his patients and not once has been able to bring himself to say he did is all sorts of red flags IMO. And in my experience unfortunately this is not uncommon. It is the rarity I have seen doctors that seem to take to heart what is happening with their patients. If anything the most emotion they seem to show is if it has to do with a licensing agency for self-serving reasons

I don't think this is necessarily disproportionate with doctors. I think a lot of people simply don't care about others as they should. But doctors take an oath. Having many family members that have died and volunteering for years in nursing homes and even being incarcerated I have seen healthcare in this country at its lowest. My personal opinion is most doctors care little about this patients. The ones that really do are the exceptions. And from what I have seen thus far I know where I would put some

But back to the question as someone who has had 5 people in his life being treated up until they died I know better than most how important that care is and no would not consider doctors that care as pimps. IF they are doctors that care.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#490158 Feb 18, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a question for you RA and one that I posed toward lele for which she has yet to answer, what eactly did Qu do that makes you and lele so accusatory against him?
He disagreed with them.

That is the root of most of the angst on this thread.

People get pissy when their beliefs are questioned.

I beat them to it, I question my own beliefs. Then again my beliefs are pretty simple:

I believe in a Creative and Guiding Force of the Universe (God)
I believe Jesus's life and death justified ending Ritual Sacrifices.
I believe that following the teachings of Jesus can make me a better person.
I believe I do not need more than that spiritually.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490159 Feb 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a time of fear for many...in Germany. The Vatican had nothing to fear - but they loved them some Hitler. Christian leaders in other countries - no problems with Hitler.

In fact, it was a few moral Catholics that helped the Jews establish the underground railway. Not Protestants and not the majority of Catholics.

But the point here isn't to say "only Christians are evil." The most important point is that Christians acted no morally better than anyone else.

And that's a serious problem for you Christians. You claim to be loved by a Perfect Deity. Not just any old deity, mind you, but a Perfectly Moral one.

Well...sorry. The actions of your churches and your fellow believers do not reflect any kind of communication, through prayer or intercedence, by the universe's only Perfectly Moral deity.

But don't worry - no people's do. So you're not alone in that. In fact, you're just like any other believer in any other religion.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490160 Feb 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate and fear can cause a ripple effect that lead to a tidal wave and anybody standing in its path gets swept away with little or no evidence they were ever there. But that doesn't mean they weren't. Just what could most people do against that type of power? It took a combination of countries during a world war to stop it
What situation even exists where someone can put blame either on all the church as if it is an entity of itself or all Christians?
I agree with you on the latter which you focused on and would suggest the irony that needs to be considered. Hitler was a bigot of the highest order using whatever he could to advance his personal agenda and stooping to unbelievable lows. When someone's target is Christianity and they are using Hitler in this fashion to advance their own agenda by blaming all in the faith it would seem they haven't learned the lesson history is trying to teach us.
The Holocaust was a travesty but it would a deranged and evil man who through fear and intimidation and appealing to other's hate built himself a powerbase and kept many of its activities hidden from worldview until it was too late. People blew off even the rumblings as propaganda. He invoked whatever justification he needed including religion. Anyone trying to paint Christianity by Hitler might as well paint all Muslims from 9-11. They wont of course as their hate is centered on Christians. They are not too different than those they oppose when it comes to the sweeping disdain. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting everyone that hates Christians would stoop to killing them. I am just saying the underlying motivations are bigotry.
Very true: Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I got into a bit of a disagreement with a friend some time back. I was saying that I know without a doubt where I stand on things. His point was we really can't know until (unless) we happen to be in a place as was Bonoeffer how we will react. Food for thought. Take care bro.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#490161 Feb 18, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I
Yeah that's nice. Thanks for reading my posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min hojo 560,147
Scientific proof for God's existence 13 min HipGnosis 44
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 21 min lcwo i rho 33
Couch Potato Alert 21 min yon 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Hidingfromyou 777,448
*Testimony NEVER shared publicly, until NOW 32 min PreacherOpensHeart 1
Gay snapchat names 39 min shawnzeeross 164
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dolphin 441,808
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 265,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Freebird USA 175,775