|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Morning.....

How is everyone on this Presidents Day Morning?

“If freedom of speech is taken away,
then dumb and silent we may be led,
like sheep to the slaughter.”

~ George Washington

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Today's Prayer

Dear God, Today I feel led to pray for Christians to stand up for their beliefs when confronted with moral issues. I pray that we will know when, where, and what to say and do to let our voices be heard. I pray that we will be involved in our communities, schools, governments as possible. I pray that we will have the courage and rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to do what is right, what is biblical, and what honors you. Thank you for the guidelines you have given us through the Holy Bible. Thank you for the leaders you have provided to inspire, teach, and guide us. Thank you for all of your provisions and blessings. With love and appreciation I come to you, Father. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant.

Matthew 20:26

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

I shared this about a month ago...Thought I would share it again...

James 3

Taming the Tongue
3 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.
3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.
Two Kinds of Wisdom
13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

James 3:18

~ Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.~

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
What was Christ's mission in this world.
The spirit of the Lord is upon Me,because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor;He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,to preach deliverance to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind to seat a liberty them that are bruised.Luke 4;18
In what condition are those who commit sin.
Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
John 8:34
Why was Christ's name to be called Jesus.
And thou shall call His name Jesus:for He shall save His people from their sins.
Matthew 1:21
What lies at the root of all sin.
When lust hath conceived it bringeth forth sin.
James 1:5
I had not known lust except the law had said,thou shalt not covet.
Romans 7:7
Note Lust,coveteousness and unlawful desires are only different names for selfishness,Selfishness lies at the root of all sin;and selfishness is simply the love of self to the disregard of the equal rights of others.
By what scripture is the equality of rights clearly shown.
Thou shall love they neighbour as thyself.
Leviticus 19:18
What rule has Christ laid down in harmony with this.
Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you,do ye even so to them.
Matthew 7:12
Note:Selfishness then must be uprooted from men's hearts before they reconize the equal rights of their fellow men.
Who alone can cleanse men's hearts from selfishness.
Neither is there salvation in any other;for there is none other name under heaven given among men,whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:12
Who alone then can give men real freedom.
If the Sone therefore shall make you free,ye shall be free indeed.
John 8:36
Christ's mission
Reposted: "Food for thought"

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Prime time with God
God loves you.
Disney

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you really do see yourself as the leader of your little group don't you?
That's a lot of "we"
Why can't you stand on your own two feet?
Not really following but it's a joke when he said he loves. 99% of his postings display hate for Christ. Sad thing is he is so blinded by the devil. This is crystal clear in Clearwater. Take care.
Disney

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron says what.
Where in hell did you get from that that he doesn't want you know that you incorrectly paraphrased him? He said, "You've incorrectly paraphrased me," Dimwit. And then you called him a liar.
This is the heart and mind of a Christian. He's trained in slandering his detractors, and his mind has been pureed into mush. This should cause any decent person to speak up and object. Look for the humanists here to do that, and the Christians to just watch.
"The end"? I hope so. We can do so much better.
Is this your idea of love? I would say not so much. Bigot? You bet.
Disney

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning.....
How is everyone on this Presidents Day Morning?
“If freedom of speech is taken away,
then dumb and silent we may be led,
like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington
Thought for the Day
True Epiphany. Still working on getting better her. More thankful than I can say. Gods love.
Disney

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Here. Darn phone

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
God loves you.
Kami wa amarini mo anata o aishite(hope it's correct:)

Hello HFY,

Concerning some back posts you left I can't find(but did read..),'You're welcome' and "no real questions concerning genus Homo and its transitions"

But may have one later concerning Neanderthal.

You and All have a great Day:)

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>If voting is American and voting for something that is not right in your eyes is unAmerican... then basically, you still think that my vote is unAmerican though I did an American thing by choosing what I wanted to vote for which was put on the ballot in the first place.
Don't you see that what you are saying to me to do at your behest and your wishes is a form of control... uh, also?
It's called social pressure.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. oh, OK. Then the 'we' are incorrect when they call homosexuality a lifestyle. Tell me about the heterosexual lifestyle. Do you have sex 24/7 or just dream about it ??..
.. I am who I am, who I am, I'll be ..
.. you still want to have sex with me, right ??..
I never called homosexuality a lifestyle, that was just the topic at hand.

I am what I am and that's all that I am.

No, not really. But maybe.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The Son of God Music Ministry
He Will Increase

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Thank You for the cross Lord
thank You for the price you paid
bearing all my sin and shame
in love You came,
and gave amazing grace!

Thank You for this love Lord
thank You for the nail-pierced hands
washed me in Your cleansing flow,
now all i know,
Your forgiveness and embrace!!

Worthy is the Lamb!
seated on the throne
(we) crown You now with many crowns
You reign victorious!
High and lifted up
Jesus SON of God
the treasure of heaven crucified
worthy is the lamb
worthy is the lamb

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I never said anything about marriage, and also, I pointed out that I felt that consenting adults made a difference in making decisions for themselves, and that regardless of that, I also felt that the incest laws had a solid ground for the laws being as they are.
To clarify: The laws, I feel, are in place to protect those people who might be forced into a situation they would not choose for themselves, minus the coercion or manipulation. That applies to both minor and adult, too.
Honestly, do you ever not only take the time to read a response, but to reflect upon what a response means?
<quoted text>Again, I mentioned nothing about marriage, and incest does not require marriage for incest to occur.
I notice you see or read commentary and then place nonexistent claims into something other people say that was never there in the first place.
<quoted text> Then stop it.
Nevertheless, I'll go ahead and address your questions made in misreading what I wrote, and the erroneous conclusions you made concerning what I did say.
On with your marriage questions.
<quoted text> I agree, although as I stated previously and pointed out; I think consenting adults should be able to engage in many activities, but the issue of incest brings up considerations that may place - even a full grown adult, and certainly a minor - in a position of coercion, that would be absent were the people not related along familial lines.
<quoted text>
Probably due to some antiquated cultural provision in which it is seen as acceptable, and in that particular instance, it appears to be due to a religious cultural consideration(a belief)- just read the bible.
What a minute here.

I see...

"Consenting adults" is fine as long as they aren't related, right?

You're a hypocrite, dude.

You can't sit there and say that homosexuality is ok as long as they're consenting adults but incest is a no-no.

It's all or nothing, duder.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Any Such Thing As Greater Sins?(As told by Prophesied by Ezekiel)
Part 1

(Mine: I was posting with G about equality of sin but then I remembered that there are greater sins according to the scriptures. Just a little scripture reading in the Old Testament/Ezekiel 8... Obviously God was angry at the situation. So anyways, after the reading then going to fast-forward to NT... a short, study.)

4 Suddenly, the glory of the God of Israel was there, just as I had seen it before in the valley.

5 Then the LORD said to me, "Son of man, look toward the north." So I looked, and there to the north, beside the entrance to the gate of the altar, stood the idol that had MADE THE LORD SO ANGRY.

6 "Son of man," He said, "DO YOU SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING? Do you see the great sins the people of Israel are doing to drive me from my Temple? But come, and you will see even GREATER SINS THAN THESE!"

7 Then He brought me to the door of the Temple courtyard, where I could see an opening in the wall.

8 He said to me, "Now, son of man, dig into the wall." So I dug into the wall and uncovered a door to a hidden room.

9 "Go in," He said, "and SEE THE UNSPEAKABLE WICKEDNESSS going on in there!"

10 So I went in and saw the walls engraved with all kinds of snakes, lizards, and hideous creatures. I also saw the various idols worshiped by the people of Israel.

11 Seventy leaders of Israel were standing there with Jaazaniah son of Shaphan in the middle. Each of them held an incense burner, so there was a thick cloud of incense above their heads.

12 Then the LORD said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the leaders of Israel are doing with their idols in dark rooms? They are saying,`THE LORD DOESN'T SEE US; He has deserted our land!' "

13 Then He added, "Come, and I will show you GREATER SINS THAN THESE!"

Continued...>>>

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
What a minute here.
I see...
"Consenting adults" is fine as long as they aren't related, right?
You're a hypocrite, dude.
You can't sit there and say that homosexuality is ok as long as they're consenting adults but incest is a no-no.
It's all or nothing, duder.
Fallacy of false dichotomy.

I've been thinking of naming three fallacies as the Trinity of Fallacies. I know I want to include the strawman, and the argument from ignorance, but I'm not sure on the third. I either want to include the fallacy of false dichotomy, or the non sequitur.

Do you have any idea which fallacies you commit most often? I'm going to start paying close attention to compile some statistics.

You know, even though "all or nothing" is a false dichotomy here, you got there without explaining how, so it's also a non sequitur.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Any Such Thing As Greater Sins?(As Prophesied by Ezekiel)
Part 2

14 He brought me to the north gate of the LORD's Temple, and some women were sitting there, weeping for the god Tammuz.

15 "Have you seen this?" He (The Lord) asked. "But I will show you even GREATER SINS THAN THESE!"

16 Then He brought me into the inner courtyard of the LORD's Temple. At the entrance, between the foyer and the bronze altar, about twenty-five men were standing with their backs to the LORD's Temple. They were facing eastward, worshiping the sun!

17 "Have you seen this, son of man?" He asked. "Is it nothing to the people of Judah that they commit these terrible sins, leading the whole nation into violence, THUMBING THEIR NOSES AT ME, and rousing My fury against them?

18 Therefore, I will deal with them in fury. I will neither pity nor spare them. And though they scream for mercy, I will not listen."

Ezekiel 8

God was pissed... no doubt.

Continued...>>>>

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

For more on fallacies:

http://www.iep.utm.edu/fallacy/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

400 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessarily so 720,265
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 4,531
Appjoy invite code 4 min Clash of clans feind 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Michael 532,450
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min seriously the original 5,214
Nanci Jo Frazer WINS in Court - a Case of Innoc... (Oct '13) 28 min Local Person 20
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Porkpie Hat 256,397
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 14 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••