Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#490108 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In hetero parental relationships, mom & dad typical show the child the hetero way to do things. Dad's showing the child "dadly" stuff & mom's showing "momly" stuff. Logic would dictate that a gay couple raising a child would show the child "gayly" stuff.
Horseshit.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You wrote:
"Experience and reason tells us that the possibility for coercion is so great, that legally, we should dissuade incest to promote protection for those that are (more often than not) coerced into sexual relationships with close family members."
Good job, for this part.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
One could twist your words slightly & change it to:
Experience and reason tells us that the possibility for coercion is so great, that legally, we should dissuade homosexuality to promote protection for those that are (more often than not) coerced into sexual relationships with close family members...
I have to say, that is pretty twisted, and completely wrong.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#490109 Feb 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I have often said that the moral failure of the Holocaust was not Hitler, but the German clergy and the German people - Christians - and that a nation of humanists would have done better. I believe that we would have come together and said, "This is not right!" where Christians sat by idly watching, convinced that concentrations camps were good because they were told by their priests that Hitler was doing their god's work scapegoating the Christ killers.
Humanists appear to be able to think for themselves and take a stand against unethical behavior. The Christians? If you were waiting for the tens of millions of church trained Christians in Nazi Germany to stand up and say, "This is wrong! Stop, Herr Hitler!" you were a dead Jew.
.. many Christians did challenge Hitler. There were people like Grace, No Stress and Le_Le who said, "No, this is wrong." They were among the brave, people willing to stand up for their convictions ..

.. the Catholic Church tried to contain Hitler via numerous Accords. All were broken. I can understand your fault finding with the church but, in honor of the many Christians who risked their lives to confront injustice, even die, how can we place blame on all Christians? Just doesn't make sense to me ..

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#490110 Feb 18, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>In summary, both marrying in adultery and fornications are sins according to the holy scriptures. Those who repent of these sins God will forgive... as far as the the former it has been happening for so long and now seen as the acceptable and the norm in society. The problem with that is people will read the bible, agree with it but don't think that it has anything to do with today standards so some may think that they have nothing to repent of. That's the danger imho.. as far as latter, it's easier to distinguish homosexuality as a sin now since gay marriage, coming out and the like are in it's infancy but just like some Christians are deceived into thinking it's okay now... that sense of comfortableness with sin will also spread in the church now and in the future and a majority will soon believe the deception that the sin of homosexuality is not necessarily wrong also. They may read it, they may agree that it is a sin... but when it comes to today's standards they'll just wink at it at attack those who recognize it as sin.
I think that perhaps you missed my point. I would venture to say that it is my fault due to the length of my post. I find it hypocritical to pull one sin out and scream against it (as I was told we as Christians should do) if we are not doing the same when it comes to all of the other sins. I gave a link to a site that lists “20 sexual mores” found within the scripture, and show’s how as a majority we only still agree with four in this day and age. The discussion is found under the title of “The Problem of Authority” in the link found below. Regardless of what stance a Christian holds when it comes to these difficult discussions, I think that it is very important to remember that we as individuals need to be coming from the right place in the discussion. We as Christians should be acting out of love, compassion and kindness. If I am not doing so, then I am the one that is sinning.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#490111 Feb 18, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>What LOVE gat ta' do wit it??! I.....LOVE to prove you wrong when it comes to OSAS.
Sadly in your case you cannot prove anyone wrong about OSAS when there is no Bible justification for it, thank you for proving my point with your reply.

Peace.

With Established Harem

#490112 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
As I understand it, you are not even considered fit to even sit on a jury: "The lifetime exclusion of felons from jury service is the majority rule in the U.S."
.. what's your thinking on returning all civil rights to a felon after completing their sentence (including parole)??..

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#490113 Feb 18, 2013
Sorry Q, I forgot to include the link:
http://forusa.org/content/homosexuality-bible...

With Established Harem

#490114 Feb 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You pimped yourself for the pharmaceutical companies and never cared about your patients.
.. SKOM, please re-think this. If providing palliative care to a dying person is pimping for the pharmaceutical companies, I approve of pimps ..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#490115 Feb 18, 2013
Good morning everyone.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#490116 Feb 18, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think that laws should be set to hold people to a belief. I feel that if one is a Christian then they should seek to live a life that shows others what they believe. I do not think that people have become comfortable with sin and rebellion, I think that to many have become comfortable with not holding ourselves accountable for what we each do as an individual.
If I was committing adultery, married without fornication having been involved, into beastiality or engaged in some homosexual relationship with another male and then spoke against gay marriage and the other sins then I would agree with you. That would be hypocritical.

But since I'm not engaged in neither I can speak to the sin of fornications.

#490117 Feb 18, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that perhaps you missed my point. I would venture to say that it is my fault due to the length of my post. I find it hypocritical to pull one sin out and scream against it (as I was told we as Christians should do) if we are not doing the same when it comes to all of the other sins. I gave a link to a site that lists “20 sexual mores” found within the scripture, and show’s how as a majority we only still agree with four in this day and age. The discussion is found under the title of “The Problem of Authority” in the link found below. Regardless of what stance a Christian holds when it comes to these difficult discussions, I think that it is very important to remember that we as individuals need to be coming from the right place in the discussion. We as Christians should be acting out of love, compassion and kindness. If I am not doing so, then I am the one that is sinning.
My compassion, love and kindness is speaking the truth about the situation... other than that it is a bunch of political correct statements imho... and saying that, "...it is okay to promote homosexuality and gay-marriage... see what a loving Christian I am!" or "well, I don't agree with it but..." ---> That's all for show and to please the crowd. But God is not pleased. Some would rather please man more than God.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#490118 Feb 18, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you we shall try. Lately we have not had the time to travel much.
Bonsoir Seraphine, I wouldn't worry about rushing to it, I'm sure it'll always be on display somewhere.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#490119 Feb 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a bit silly. You're claiming that an all-powerful, all-knowing deity had nothing to do with Judas's betrayal?
Rather, the mythology suggests that the Christian deity orchestrated events to sacrifice Himself. He destroyed Judas's free will, forcing Judas to betray his friend. That's why Judas kills himself later - he's so disgusted with his God that he chooses to destroy his body, his temple.
Poor Judas.
but Judas did not have to do it writer.

You think is only Judas could have betrayed Jesus? if Judas was more for Jesus and his pocket, somebody else would have betrayed Jesus. Or YHWH could have used another way for the authorities to catch Jesus.

Is like sometimes you unbelievers put you mind in park because you so petrified the gospels might make sense;; loliyai!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#490120 Feb 18, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you. I am happy to know that your heart has been touched by this. There is no shame in shedding tears especially if it is over saving lives, this is what we do mon ami. God saves souls, we save lives.
A very admirable and selfless thing to do my friend, and I respect that more than I can put in words, also if one loses their life IN Christ the Lord said they will find it again.

Blessings.

#490121 Feb 18, 2013
Welp, Lordwilling I'll return l8tr as I have some errands to run... Take care folks.

:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#490122 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
"Admitted"? Like it's a sin to respect another person? What is your problem with brotherhood? What is your problem with mutual respect?
You're disgusting. We reject your biblical ethics:
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26
oy!, you really this glib?

You always pop out this verse. Jesus no mean hate them for no reason, Jesus mean there should be no reason to put anyone before him. And if children parents brothers or sisters want to interfere with Jesus Christ being first priority in the life of a jesus follower, then that jesus follower need to hate them so as to not them interfere with Jesus being number one.

Not just hate them for hate sake.

I not even think spiritual discernment needed for that verse, just based on what jesus say that love you neighbor is number one then you should know Jesus no mean hate you brother or sister for no reason.. iyai! writer, you in bad shape man.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#490123 Feb 18, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want those on facebook to come in here and give there honest testimony about what you did quin? Because many that are a part of that friends group on facebook can back up what Le_le said because they were regular posters in here when you did it. And you know who they are because you labled many of them "minister of this or that" as you attempted to turn this thread into your own delusional self made ministry. Which by the way failed miserably.
Did you really think people had forgotten what you tried to do? Because there are many posters (including me and many that are friends on facebook that can expose you as well) that know that Le_le is telling the truth. Once again you've been caught in yet another lie.
I have a question for you RA and one that I posed toward lele for which she has yet to answer, what eactly did Qu do that makes you and lele so accusatory against him?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#490124 Feb 18, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods Love to you too.....
((*_-))
Without a doubt. He loves everyone. Jesus is doing such a work here and my heart is to share but sadly it would just be mocked. God is so good!
let there be love

Edinburgh, UK

#490125 Feb 18, 2013
Jesus was unable to hate any living creature
he had no evil in him
why He loves you is only from love
it is not hard to know that He is unselfish
pay no heed to the church
Jesus was not a christian

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#490126 Feb 18, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Kami wa amarini mo anata o aishite(hope it's correct:)
I am not a pile of granite!!!

(just kidding, you got it right)
Hello HFY,
Concerning some back posts you left I can't find(but did read..),'You're welcome' and "no real questions concerning genus Homo and its transitions"
But may have one later concerning Neanderthal.
You and All have a great Day:)
Ok. You too.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#490127 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never called homosexuality a lifestyle, that was just the topic at hand.
I am what I am and that's all that I am.
No, not really. But maybe.
It's ok. I forgive you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 16,676
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 683,841
Venting Against FAKE Americans 13 min mama pat 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min trifecta1 983,125
Looking for girls to snapchat 1 hr butterfly10161964 2
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 3 hr Urka Burka Figurka 41
Why McGregor -Mayweather 'fight' is a stupid scam 6 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web