Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#489969 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you have the right, under the law, to vote any way you wish.
That's the greatness of our system of government.
Bonsoir Monsieur, I see you are well and in fine spirits this is good. I could not sign off without first stopping by to check on you. We shall retire we have an early day tomorrow. We have Swiss clientele. Bonne nuit mon ami.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#489971 Feb 17, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur Qu, I am in concurment with Seraphine's opinion. I hope all is well in your life. In regards to ours I fear our trip to Belgium shall have to wait a little longer, we are unable to leave due to the nature of our busuness. Our clients come first. Hopefully we shall find Toblerone or better yet Belgian chocolate before then we are running dangerously low. Whenever we read and enjoy a glass of red wine the chocolate inevitably follows. Sadly, for us it is a vice. All people have vices Monsieur Qu.
Merci Monsieur Sora, No problemme. Smile.

#489972 Feb 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Qu_innocence wrote:
My search has rather been pre-Catholic and pre-Protestant. You know, going back to the principle origin of God's Word when the earliest of the early church first started. After that it got more skewed as the centuries wore on.
scaritual wrote: You sure are in for a big surprise.
<quoted text>
"Christianity", before it began its evolution towards what it became, after 70-100CE.
Or, I dunno, you may decide to stop before you get there.
I suspect you will.
Much of the doctrine that the majority of Christianity clings to came a good bit later in the mythos.
Well, please share as I would make a friendly attempt to debunk it if possible.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489973 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Judas still had an opportunity to repent. satan didn't enter him until the last stubborn moment just before he left the place where they had the last supper together.
Without Judas there would be no atonement.

Why don't you thank Satan for that ?

#489974 Feb 17, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Qu, you are welcome cher you are our friend and we shall always be concerned about you and all people.
Merci

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489975 Feb 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Qu_innocence wrote:
My search has rather been pre-Catholic and pre-Protestant. You know, going back to the principle origin of God's Word when the earliest of the early church first started. After that it got more skewed as the centuries wore on.
scaritual wrote: You sure are in for a big surprise.
<quoted text>
"Christianity", before it began its evolution towards what it became, after 70-100CE.
Or, I dunno, you may decide to stop before you get there.
I suspect you will.
Much of the doctrine that the majority of Christianity clings to came a good bit later in the mythos.
Yep.

Of course if one can't even accept the Gospel of Thomas as an early Christian document then one isn't going to get very far.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#489976 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Such journeys are both beautiful and horrific to witness. Few have the courage (or faith) to take them.
Yeah. There are so many layers to look at and "put in place", it becomes a hobby of sorts that goes beyond any particular religion or type of theism and for myself, has become more focused on the mechanisms of belief and what that entails.

hahaa...

Humans will - or can, more accurately - believe just about anything.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#489977 Feb 17, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing Grace... Such a beautiful song.
I have sent you one from Elvis Presley... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =B3XdXEJEI4EXX
Enjoy...:)
Thank you Sn l... A great old one Ja?
Have you heard this one?

Another of my favorite a MANY!
Be Blessed... I am sure I droped you a note yesterday???
His Love and Peace always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Swept Away

I have to take a break for now... maybe later ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489978 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess pork and PORK can somewhat be compared but I don't think so. We're talking about a major institution of God and holy sacrament from the first woman and man being violated here. Well, that's what I believe.
Nope. A "sin" is a "sin".

Gay, bacon eater, no difference.

Eat a BLT and you are as sinful as any gay.

#489979 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Without Judas there would be no atonement.
Why don't you thank Satan for that ?
Actually, Jesus would've still gone to the cross without Judas... Judas simply expedited the whole process of Jesus being arrested.

It is written that I should worship only the Lord God and Him only will I serve...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489980 Feb 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans will - or can, more accurately - believe just about anything.
...except the truth. <smile>

#489981 Feb 17, 2013
Welp... I guess that's that. Thank You Lord Jesus.

A Hymn and then I'm Audi.

#489982 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. A "sin" is a "sin".
Gay, bacon eater, no difference.
Eat a BLT and you are as sinful as any gay.
Yes... come to find out there's a difference. Some sins are greater than others but more l8tr Lordwilling...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489983 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be able to read books upside down. It was sideways that was difficult.
You seem to have the same ability as Leo DaVinci.
I used to think everyone could. And then I thought how odd that everyone can't see that simple thing.
As soon as you can completely detune all else from your mind and sight, you can work both sides and combine th=em.. when you can mentally stop your heartbeat(or nearly) or see through your fingers, you can then do some amazing things.

#489984 Feb 17, 2013
The Son of God Music Ministry
He Will Increase

“Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

“Great is Thy faithfulness!”“Great is Thy faithfulness!“
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

In Jesus' Name... Amen.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489985 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Jesus would've still gone to the cross without Judas... Judas simply expedited the whole process of Jesus being arrested.
It is written that I should worship only the Lord God and Him only will I serve...
ROFLMAO

Sorry Quin but you don't think things through. Unless Jesus nailed himself to the cross, there is someone else to thank.

Caiphus, Pilate, The Jews, The Romans, etc.

If not for them you and I would be 'damned to hell'.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489986 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yes... come to find out there's a difference. Some sins are greater than others but more l8tr Lordwilling...
Upon what do you base that ?

According to the NT all sins are equal and even thinking them is the same as doing them.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#489987 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Well, please share as I would make a friendly attempt to debunk it if possible.
Hmmm...

What biblical support is there concerning the "trinity"?

You can utilize both OT and NT verse in the argument.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489988 Feb 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I used to think everyone could. And then I thought how odd that everyone can't see that simple thing.
As soon as you can completely detune all else from your mind and sight, you can work both sides and combine th=em.. when you can mentally stop your heartbeat(or nearly) or see through your fingers, you can then do some amazing things.
Did you know that (in his own time) Julius Caesar was considered gifted because he could read silently ?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#489989 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Jesus would've still gone to the cross without Judas... Judas simply expedited the whole process of Jesus being arrested.
That's a bit silly. You're claiming that an all-powerful, all-knowing deity had nothing to do with Judas's betrayal?

Rather, the mythology suggests that the Christian deity orchestrated events to sacrifice Himself. He destroyed Judas's free will, forcing Judas to betray his friend. That's why Judas kills himself later - he's so disgusted with his God that he chooses to destroy his body, his temple.

Poor Judas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Get a life 53,405
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Tellthetruth 992,505
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 5 hr glenford2 5
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 6 hr Doctor REALITY 62
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 7 hr quilterqueen 4,680
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 8 hr quilterqueen 1,506
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Unsolved Mistery 693,594
More from around the web