Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#489901 Feb 17, 2013
@ Tide... I vote against Gay Marriage and the like if it comes up to slow down the moral decay. Sorry, I understand that is not what you want to hear but I'm coming from a Biblical perspective regarding homosexuality. If there was a vote against hetero living together unmarried... I would vote that down also though I would be in the tenths of a percent minority I'm sure..

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489902 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
One can choose not to do it. It's a behavior that can be resister or in many cases unlearned. To many Ex-gays out there to say that it cannot be done.

If you want to compare your sexuality to processed ice cream then Houston, we got problems. But on the serious side and to parallel another subject... if I go to the gym and tell my friend c'mon let's go. He may go but if he isn't truly willing then he's not going to take it seriously even though it might be good for him... he'd rather be lazy and sit in front of the telly and eat all day long. That's his choice but it doesn't mean that he "can't" change his attitude. He has to "will" Himself. Sometimes that is what people have to do when the wind is coming up against you... you just don't let it blow you around everywhere... sometimes you have to press against it to get where you going.
And if one is willing they can do anything.
OK, I'm back.

Please refrain from posting off-color puns, Mr. Q.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#489903 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no more afraid of God than I am of lightening, volcanoes, floods, earthquakes or even rocks falling from the sky.
I do not attribute mallice to such things but do consider them, in human terms, as 'evil'.
I have studied the Bible, Christianity and other 'scriptures' and relgions, I found them all lacking in reality. They are, IMHO, falling short of the Truth when take as "facts".
However, and it is a huge however, they all can be used as allegories to understand the human condition and the world around us as well as a guide to become loving creative beings (Elohim / Ben'Adam).
In the Bible, God says we are all Gods. I would be more inclined to say we all have the capabilty to be Gods or Monsters (IE: Satan), the choice is ours.
If anyone or any deity wants to hate and torture me for those beliefs, I accept that if those Monsters have the power... I will forgive them for their ignorance.
Yeah, I agree with you. Religions seem to be about created shared metaphorical ways of understanding the world around us. They produce common frames of reference and ways of interacting. It's not possible that all the various understandings of reality are correct. Yet, different cultures and religions have carved out separate, but equally meaningful and real, human experience.

"correct" fades into subjective reality; no group of people lays claim to objective reality.

----------

That's good of you, to forgive torturing God. I suppose, at that point, we wouldn't have much of a choice. But unlike you, I think I would maintain a burning hatred for such a being in hopes that my hatred could be made real and weaponized.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489904 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
FORMER HOMOSEXUAL Testimony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EahmmQzZWXAXX
"Former Homosexual A.H. shares his testimony with you about how he became free from his homosexual lifestyle and became a Christian."

How do you feel about ODAD though?

It's another belief.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#489905 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Catch might want you to know that you should use 2 s's. Here HL (HelL) is referring to sex again, not food dessert. A purposeful and consistent display of sexual lust. Catch might want you to know that you should use 2 s's. Here HL (HelL) is referring to sex again, not food dessert.
.. your crystal ball is tarnished.'Desert' is a private joke between Catcher and myself ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>How can a Christian not see through this perpetual perversion for constant sexual pleasure,
.. do you fantasize about sex all day, everyday ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do atheists and other evolutinists think they must stop Christians from speaking about their beliefs publically?
.. why do you constantly preach about homosexuality? How about something uplifting like spiritual truths or serenity ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT if they include pro-homosexual diatribe in their posts or speech then it is okay? How is that not arrogance in a mixed judeo-Christian/secular society.
.. a diatribe is a verbal attack against someone or something. If someone is pro on a subject, how can it be a diatribe ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>But the fact that you defend Liar Liar is because she is pro-homosexual and pro-gay marriage "and calls" herself a chrisitan.. lol well...
.. reading my mind? Again? Do you have ESP ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>one doesn't need a Crystal Ball to figure out that you two are basically holding hands going down the same yellow, I mean, rainbow-bricked road.
.. what's wrong with holding hands? Don't some congregants do that in church ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Le le has been calling me, Juice and Lawest out of our names for weeks with her obssessive disorder and yet you never said anything for now.
.. Le_Le has been calling my 'Luci In The Sky, With Diamonds' out? If so, I'll take her over my knee but first, you must prove it ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I can't call you a racist but I can certainly call you a heterophobe and a hippocrite as well.
.. you enjoy calling people names, don't cha ??..

.. why are you so arrogant ??..

#489906 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'm back.
Please refrain from posting off-color puns, Mr. Q.
What are you talking about? This isn't Cuba.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489907 Feb 17, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want those on facebook to come in here and give there honest testimony about what you did quin? Because many that are a part of that friends group on facebook can back up what Le_le said because they were regular posters in here when you did it. And you know who they are because you labled many of them "minister of this or that" as you attempted to turn this thread into your own delusional self made ministry. Which by the way failed miserably.
Did you really think people had forgotten what you tried to do? Because there are many posters (including me and many that are friends on facebook that can expose you as well) that know that Le_le is telling the truth. Once again you've been caught in yet another lie.
You've been busted, Mr. Q.

You can't blame it on our "group" or on homosexuals or whoever else you choose to denigrate.

You have been trapped like a rat, by people in your own "group."

You better hope there's no god.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#489908 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
My search has rather been pre-Catholic and pre-Protestant. You know, going back to the principle origin of God's Word when the earliest of the early church first started. After that it got more skewed as the centuries wore on.
You sure are in for a big surprise.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#489909 Feb 17, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Le Le,
Here's little Paddy - the Irish singer of the Kelly Family - and such a heart felt rendition of Amazing Grace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IoL5-TUat5oXX
My favorite words in this song are...
"When we've been there 10,000 years
bright shining as the sun;
we'll know less days to sing God's praise
than when we first begun."
Can't wait for Peace on Earth!
Little Paddy grew up, and by +- 19, he committed suicide. I don't know why... but there is so much individual tragedy... everywhere!
When I see a pack of dogs fighting - even if I don't know why either - I will go for the one with the most dogs at it's throat. No questions asked if it's a rescue!
mmmmmmmmm
I don't attend any church building, but do hold fast to 'the bride of Christ'... which like ALL today, has scored bad names as cult reference. I just think of the words of Jesus tho...
"My sheep know my voice..." and feel very strongly even if the world should be against all or anything I might believe.
Don't think of a PW as a higher calling... it is a HEAVY job, which calls for more grace than we sometimes personally have, more truth than we might like to face, and more forgiveness than is sometimes within us... But when dedication is what it is... only God is the judge of a soul.
Peace be with you all ways in His Love
Sometimes spirit is more than the flesh can handle..even in joy it can be dangerous if not controlled.
I think many christians believe more is better, and when they can not absorb or properly channel that energy, it becomes dangerous and destructive, because they have never been taught even "what" it is.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489910 Feb 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good of you, to forgive torturing God. I suppose, at that point, we wouldn't have much of a choice. But unlike you, I think I would maintain a burning hatred for such a being in hopes that my hatred could be made real and weaponized.
It is not "good" of me, just honest and realistic. I no more 'blame' God than I 'blame' the rain or wind.

"forgiveness is often an imaginary cure for an imaginary illness." - me

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489911 Feb 17, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Hi Tide,
A Christian who has the Love of Jesus Christ in their heart knows that we are not to condemn unbelievers. He changed our hearts and we know that it is the goodness of God that leads people to repentance..Not Religious people who try to "scare" them with something they dont even believe in. Its exactly that kind of condemnation that keeps people away from God. That kind of religion has become a stumbling block for so many who are really searching for a loving God that is not being represented correctly by His own people.
There are many ways for Christians to become good people, but you all have the same Bible. If your god exists, you should all have the same access to it. The reason why some Christians act one way and some another, is because they received different training, or cultural conditioning. That conditioning is responsible for pretty much everything. That conditioning could be applied to a phone book and still create good people.

You follow the Bible as best you can, according to your conditioning. You've obviously received better training than a lot of Christians. Your particular "Christian Way" will likely be passed on because there is less social pressure against it. Quite naturally, better ideas continue to flourish.

I don't believe in God because I require evidence, and I don't worship it because I wouldn't worship the kind of god the Bible describes.

Our differences aside, we should both be happy that the good things about your beliefs will likely continue to be important to people for a long time to come. The good ideas you promote are still good ideas, whether the god you believe in exists or not. Anyone promoting progression within Christian culture is ultimately moving in what I consider to be the right direction.

#489912 Feb 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If the thought of gay marriage disgusts someone, they've been trained to be prejudiced towards at least gay marriage.
Gay Marriage probaly has been in the works for some time but to a lot of us it is relatively new. All I can say that is true concerning my beliefs in God's Word is that homosexuality is a sin. The people themselves (the homosexuals) are usually great mostly... I work with one. But I've seen in some of these chatrooms where there are heteros against homos and I've seen homos against heteros... As a matter of fact, I remember when Paris Hilton called Will.I.Am the F word. I was pretty surprised that they had that kind of tumult in the LGBTQ community. I'm black latino and it reminds me of how some blacks call each other the N word. I hate that. My kids don't even do that as I have trained them not to do that AND to pull their pants up.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#489913 Feb 17, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.... you're still in spiritual diapers ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>**SNIPPED**Now how is this not arrogance? I guess you're spiritual because you're gay, huh? Or perhaps some christians gay-affirmed you being a homosexual with the Scriptures.
.. in your bible, Jesus said compassion is the key to spiritual enlightenment. Do you like that idea? I certainly do ..

.. your conformity to hate doctrine is causing diarrhea. Change your diaper ..

P.S. Le_Le can address the rest of your tirade.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489914 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about? This isn't Cuba.
Hahaha.

There was a double entendre in your post.

Location hidden

#489915 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
As far as God is concerned... it is a sin.
I'm aware of what the ignorant anonymous ancient bigots that created your god thought.

What do YOU think? Do you think?

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489916 Feb 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

Our differences aside, we should both be happy that the good things about your beliefs will likely continue to be important to people for a long time to come. The good ideas you promote are still good ideas, whether the god you believe in exists or not. Anyone promoting progression within Christian culture is ultimately moving in what I consider to be the right direction.
I like this, Tide.

I'm Curious what IANS Senior's take would be.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489917 Feb 17, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.... you're still in spiritual diapers ..
<quoted text>
.. in your bible, Jesus said compassion is the key to spiritual enlightenment. Do you like that idea? I certainly do ..
.. your conformity to hate doctrine is causing diarrhea. Change your diaper ..
P.S. Le_Le can address the rest of your tirade.
HL, you're mad as a hornet!

(I sure don't blame you)

#489918 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been busted, Mr. Q.
You can't blame it on our "group" or on homosexuals or whoever else you choose to denigrate.
You have been trapped like a rat, by people in your own "group."
You better hope there's no god.
Hmmmm... I'm wondering what is taking them so long with that list? Plus, there was nothing evil going on.... it was all good there Catch.

It's just better to just tell the truth. Now all the lies they've (whoever + Liar Liar) has been telling about me all this time behind my back to others telliing them that I've set myself up as Pastor of a group can now come out. The truth always wins out.

Location hidden

#489919 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ Tide... I vote against Gay Marriage and the like if it comes up to slow down the moral decay. Sorry, I understand that is not what you want to hear but I'm coming from a Biblical perspective regarding homosexuality. If there was a vote against hetero living together unmarried... I would vote that down also though I would be in the tenths of a percent minority I'm sure..
I think the choice to impose your religious subjective morality on others via your voting power is completely unethical. It's certainly unAmerican.

#489920 Feb 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are in for a big surprise.
Concerning what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Catcher1 56,439
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Anthony MN 650,822
Men in womens clothes (May '12) 24 min jane 6
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 33 min Nacked Truth 106,102
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Nacked Truth 45,015
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,362
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 2 hr Clover 213
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 182,992
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr brandy trujillo 971,898
More from around the web