Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489886 Feb 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
You do realize that message is being presented upside down and backwards.
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#489887 Feb 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir Sora, you are right that the social ills are formed in the heart often given the individuals circumstances in life, not always their fault for why one feels the way that they do, but the power of God through the Lord Jesus Christ can work miracles in the human beings mind and heart as well and create a new creature IN Christ, And I always pray this for every man and woman.
Blessings to you my friend.
Bonsoir Monsieur, you are correct in that social circumstances are not always the fault of the invidual, God does work miracles through us and for us on a daily basis even if we do not see. Self-forgiveness is at times the most difficult, I am speaking from experience Monsieur in this I speak with authority. If you do not know what happened with my twin sister then I shall tell it and may you and others use this as a way to help those going through similar situations. We must save all the lives we can, when we can. Even a kind word and a gesture of friendship can save one from falling off an abyss of no return.*Sighs*

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#489888 Feb 17, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want those on facebook to come in here and give there honest testimony about what you did quin? Because many that are a part of that friends group on facebook can back up what Le_le said because they were regular posters in here when you did it. And you know who they are because you labled many of them "minister of this or that" as you attempted to turn this thread into your own delusional self made ministry. Which by the way failed miserably.
Did you really think people had forgotten what you tried to do? Because there are many posters (including me and many that are friends on facebook that can expose you as well) that know that Le_le is telling the truth. Once again you've been caught in yet another lie.
Yes... please let them come. I would like to see who it is.

#489889 Feb 17, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want those on facebook to come in here and give there honest testimony about what you did quin? Because many that are a part of that friends group on facebook can back up what Le_le said because they were regular posters in here when you did it. And you know who they are because you labled many of them "minister of this or that" as you attempted to turn this thread into your own delusional self made ministry. Which by the way failed miserably.
Did you really think people had forgotten what you tried to do? Because there are many posters (including me and many that are friends on facebook that can expose you as well) that know that Le_le is telling the truth. Once again you've been caught in yet another lie.
I just saw the last sentence.. please post the list unaltered. I'll let you guys post it so you won't think that I altered it. Look on there and see where I made myself Pastor. And btw, "we" didn't do anything contemptible. Post the list... NOW.

#489890 Feb 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can turn out gay for these reasons, couldn't they also turn out straight for the same reasons?
Compared to the population, gays are the minority so homosexuality is the exception of abnormalcy, not the norm. Just like, not all kids go out and do the Columbine thing.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What is immoral about homosexuality?
As far as God is concerned... it is a sin.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you come up with some kind of justification for that belief?
Normalcy and procreation. Obviously the penis was meant for the vagina and not for the anal canal.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#489891 Feb 17, 2013
Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
Romans 3:9-18 Here again is shown that all mankind are under the guilt of sin, as a burden; and under the government and dominion of sin, as enslaved to it, to work wickedness. This is made plain by several passages of Scripture from the Old Testament, which describe the corrupt and depraved state of all men, till grace restrain or change them. Great as our advantages are, these texts describe multitudes who call themselves Christians. Their principles and conduct prove that there is no fear of God before their eyes. And where no fear of God is, no good is to be looked for.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#489892 Feb 17, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Irrira,.
It's changed in here, but I was happy to see you posting. Not online much, going through some tough times. Have a friend who lets me use her internet service so I don't get on much. Don't want to abuse the favor she has granted me.
Hope to see you posting again, friend, when my son finishes his college course perhaps things will begin looking up. Job placement is 99 per cent at the college he attends. Your posts are something I look forward to.
Wishing the best of everything for you and Ishi.
JW
Hey Sister Friend!
Sooooooooooo good to touch base with you again, even if brief.
I remember you told me re your net, but I am surprised you remember Ish-i! Did you see the new - latest - postings re my blog???

Ja... like a river in flood or drought... your thread keeps flowing on, bringing much to many. Have you seen the video - St John in Exile -[Amazon]. It is funny, human, and riveting for a one man act... But is very funny when he uses the Romans to 'confiscate' the Book on Patmos! Your thread could be reaching a few unseen as well, Ja?
>>>Big Smile<<<

I trust you will soon see the light of day out of those 'tough times' JW. Faith being more than just a word, or a belief, but put into action as we are able to hold out!

Love to your son also, and do take care. You already know how you are loved by so many, Ja?

Be blessed with all small mercies my Sister. They grow into more than we can sometimes handle!
>>>HUGS 2<<<

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489893 Feb 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't super all loving.
<quoted text>
Certainly not good parenting.
<quoted text>
Ok. I accept this as truth.
<quoted text>
No, but I just accepted it as truth!
<quoted text>
Well, shouldn't we be afraid of an all powerful, all knowing, rattlesnake-tossing-into-cribs deity?!? If that's not a thing to be afraid of, I don't know what is!
<quoted text>
Totally.
:)
I am no more afraid of God than I am of lightening, volcanoes, floods, earthquakes or even rocks falling from the sky.

I do not attribute mallice to such things but do consider them, in human terms, as 'evil'.

I have studied the Bible, Christianity and other 'scriptures' and relgions, I found them all lacking in reality. They are, IMHO, falling short of the Truth when take as "facts".

However, and it is a huge however, they all can be used as allegories to understand the human condition and the world around us as well as a guide to become loving creative beings (Elohim / Ben'Adam).

In the Bible, God says we are all Gods. I would be more inclined to say we all have the capabilty to be Gods or Monsters (IE: Satan), the choice is ours.

If anyone or any deity wants to hate and torture me for those beliefs, I accept that if those Monsters have the power... I will forgive them for their ignorance.

#489894 Feb 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time you suffered a witch to live?
Today
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you're supposed to kill witches, right?
That was during the Judicial part of the Mosaic law... The Lord's death on the cross put a stop to that so that even witches could get saved if they truly repent of their witchcraft and follow the Lord. It was wrong for the Catholics and some Protestant groups to kill witches after the resurrection of our Lord. A lot of innocent people were wrongfully accused of being witches but they were not... they just happen to not be liked... or in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians stopped believing that it was acceptable to kill people as witches (in America, but not in Africa),
Unfortunately, a lot of the old idoltry, superstitions and witchcraft still has a stronghold on people and some of that old cultic practices has mixed in with Christianity. They weren't taught that... they just didn't let go of the old ways completely. There are Christians over there and others attempting to put a stop to that brutal practice.

Same thing with Haiti... 90% Christian and 100% Voodoo.

#489895 Feb 17, 2013
Pwost the wist, Wed Wapples.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489896 Feb 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that message is being presented upside down and backwards.
Good catch! LOL

Just like the Bible ?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#489897 Feb 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that message is being presented upside down and backwards.
Posted in anticipation of the "interpreted" response from Skom.

Quite apropos, yes?

#489898 Feb 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
and they're going to stop believing that homosexuality is immoral.
Well yes, eventually. With gay-affirming Christians like Liar Liar and Grace... I mean, how can you lose? They're fighting against the will of God and those who don't believe in God at all are fighting against the will of God. I'm not surprised that it's going to happen... it's slowing down the decay like when one puts food in the fridge... it's to preserve morality, I mean, preserve the food as long as possible.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one of the two or three major shifts that is currently occurring in Christianity.
That is absolutely correct. Many churches have succumbed and turned their backs on God's will so that they can please men... many Christians also have become gay-affirming and pro-homosexual. But not all churches are homophobic... we actually want gays to come so that they can hear the Word of God without changing the values and principles of God's Word.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Examples of these drastic shifts ARE the history of Christianity. It's been changing since day one.
Yeah Tide, that is why I don't consider myself a Catholic and Protestant any longer...My search has rather been pre-Catholic and pre-Protestant. You know, going back to the principle origin of God's Word when the earliest of the early church first started. After that it got more skewed as the centuries wore on.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#489899 Feb 17, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hiding..
Very nice and very intelligent post. You are absolutly correct and I am as guilty of that as anybody. I do try to show compassion towards others though. Some are just harder than others, I guess. I always appreciate when someone innocently opens my eyes about something. Thanks..You seem to have a great heart and mind. Have a goodnight.
Hi Grace :) Thank-you. Uhm...wow...me, innocent! Woohooo!

Let's problematize the word "compassion." There are all kinds of ways we can have compassion for others - when they are in physical or emotional pain, we feel their duress. And there are different ways we behave compassionately - feel pity, offer help (money, ears to listen, shoulders to cry on, death to end suffering, misery or lack of honor).

Religiously, you might feel that to share your religion would be giving and compassionate to someone w/out. In this case, your version and mine might differ dramatically. Similarly, the wealthy nations "development plans" for less wealthy nations are made out of compassion, but may not respect the views of the less wealthy nations.

So I think we have to ask ourselves whether the peoples we're interacting with understand our encultured ways of understanding the world, and seek to grasp their worldviews as well as our own.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489900 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
She's not prejudiced but Praise God in the Highest that she knows right from wrong and doesn't wince at this sin... she calls it out for what it is... sin.
If the thought of gay marriage disgusts someone, they've been trained to be prejudiced towards at least gay marriage. It probably extends to all homosexuals, maybe even other sexually defined minorities.

She knows one version of "right from wrong". I tend to think unjustifiable prejudice is wrong.
Qu_innocence wrote:
Mentioned in previous post.
A choice is a decision, deciding between available options. Choosing to be gay would be choosing to be attracted to persons of the same gender. I can't do it. I've never heard of anybody choosing to be attracted to someone. You either are or aren't. You can influence preference over time, or shift priorities, but I wouldn't even know how to choose to like something I didn't like.
Qu_innocence wrote:
Mentioned in previous post. As far as when they come into the age of accountability as adults... they will be held accountable. Many are called, but only few are going to be saved.
What a pathetic system. Can't you imagine anything superior to believe in?
Qu_innocence wrote:
A lot of it comes from sexual abuse in the past mentioned in previous post.
Sexual abuse generally turns a person away from something, not towards it. A lot of people who suffer sexual abuse simply avoid sexual relationships. Most sexual abuse is probably opposite gender abuse, so the expected result would be more people turning from opposite sex relationships than same sex relationships.
Qu_innocence wrote:
Yes.
Then you might be bisexual. I'm not.
Qu_innocence wrote:
One can choose not to do it. It's a behavior that can be resister or in many cases unlearned. To many Ex-gays out there to say that it cannot be done.
Behavior is a choice, but not preference. Choosing to suppress a preference is possible. That's what you're talking about here, correct? "Ex-gays" suppress using pretty intense brainwashing techniques.
Qu_innocence wrote:
If you want to compare your sexuality to processed ice cream then Houston, we got problems. But on the serious side and to parallel another subject... if I go to the gym and tell my friend c'mon let's go. He may go but if he isn't truly willing then he's not going to take it seriously even though it might be good for him... he'd rather be lazy and sit in front of the telly and eat all day long. That's his choice but it doesn't mean that he "can't" change his attitude. He has to "will" Himself. Sometimes that is what people have to do when the wind is coming up against you... you just don't let it blow you around everywhere... sometimes you have to press against it to get where you going.
And if one is willing they can do anything.
Okay. We're getting somewhere. You seem to understand the difference between sexual preference and sexual behavior. That's a start. A lot of the Christians I've talked to about this don't get that far.

If you're suggesting that people should suppress their natural urges in order to be moral, I can understand that. What I still don't understand is the justification for the belief that homosexuality is immoral. If someone feels like stealing everything they see, I would recommend that they suppress that urge, so they don't get shot in the head by a redneck. I can't see any reason that a person should have to suppress their sexual preference to appease an entity that nobody can demonstrate is actually real. If there was an actual reason why someone should consider homosexuality immoral, this would be completely different. This is comparable to the belief that being black is immoral. Unfortunately for a lot of brown skinned people, they couldn't suppress that, and were treated terribly for it.

#489901 Feb 17, 2013
@ Tide... I vote against Gay Marriage and the like if it comes up to slow down the moral decay. Sorry, I understand that is not what you want to hear but I'm coming from a Biblical perspective regarding homosexuality. If there was a vote against hetero living together unmarried... I would vote that down also though I would be in the tenths of a percent minority I'm sure..

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489902 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
One can choose not to do it. It's a behavior that can be resister or in many cases unlearned. To many Ex-gays out there to say that it cannot be done.

If you want to compare your sexuality to processed ice cream then Houston, we got problems. But on the serious side and to parallel another subject... if I go to the gym and tell my friend c'mon let's go. He may go but if he isn't truly willing then he's not going to take it seriously even though it might be good for him... he'd rather be lazy and sit in front of the telly and eat all day long. That's his choice but it doesn't mean that he "can't" change his attitude. He has to "will" Himself. Sometimes that is what people have to do when the wind is coming up against you... you just don't let it blow you around everywhere... sometimes you have to press against it to get where you going.
And if one is willing they can do anything.
OK, I'm back.

Please refrain from posting off-color puns, Mr. Q.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#489903 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no more afraid of God than I am of lightening, volcanoes, floods, earthquakes or even rocks falling from the sky.
I do not attribute mallice to such things but do consider them, in human terms, as 'evil'.
I have studied the Bible, Christianity and other 'scriptures' and relgions, I found them all lacking in reality. They are, IMHO, falling short of the Truth when take as "facts".
However, and it is a huge however, they all can be used as allegories to understand the human condition and the world around us as well as a guide to become loving creative beings (Elohim / Ben'Adam).
In the Bible, God says we are all Gods. I would be more inclined to say we all have the capabilty to be Gods or Monsters (IE: Satan), the choice is ours.
If anyone or any deity wants to hate and torture me for those beliefs, I accept that if those Monsters have the power... I will forgive them for their ignorance.
Yeah, I agree with you. Religions seem to be about created shared metaphorical ways of understanding the world around us. They produce common frames of reference and ways of interacting. It's not possible that all the various understandings of reality are correct. Yet, different cultures and religions have carved out separate, but equally meaningful and real, human experience.

"correct" fades into subjective reality; no group of people lays claim to objective reality.

----------

That's good of you, to forgive torturing God. I suppose, at that point, we wouldn't have much of a choice. But unlike you, I think I would maintain a burning hatred for such a being in hopes that my hatred could be made real and weaponized.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489904 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
FORMER HOMOSEXUAL Testimony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EahmmQzZWXAXX
"Former Homosexual A.H. shares his testimony with you about how he became free from his homosexual lifestyle and became a Christian."

How do you feel about ODAD though?

It's another belief.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#489905 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Catch might want you to know that you should use 2 s's. Here HL (HelL) is referring to sex again, not food dessert. A purposeful and consistent display of sexual lust. Catch might want you to know that you should use 2 s's. Here HL (HelL) is referring to sex again, not food dessert.
.. your crystal ball is tarnished.'Desert' is a private joke between Catcher and myself ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>How can a Christian not see through this perpetual perversion for constant sexual pleasure,
.. do you fantasize about sex all day, everyday ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do atheists and other evolutinists think they must stop Christians from speaking about their beliefs publically?
.. why do you constantly preach about homosexuality? How about something uplifting like spiritual truths or serenity ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT if they include pro-homosexual diatribe in their posts or speech then it is okay? How is that not arrogance in a mixed judeo-Christian/secular society.
.. a diatribe is a verbal attack against someone or something. If someone is pro on a subject, how can it be a diatribe ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>But the fact that you defend Liar Liar is because she is pro-homosexual and pro-gay marriage "and calls" herself a chrisitan.. lol well...
.. reading my mind? Again? Do you have ESP ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>one doesn't need a Crystal Ball to figure out that you two are basically holding hands going down the same yellow, I mean, rainbow-bricked road.
.. what's wrong with holding hands? Don't some congregants do that in church ??..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Le le has been calling me, Juice and Lawest out of our names for weeks with her obssessive disorder and yet you never said anything for now.
.. Le_Le has been calling my 'Luci In The Sky, With Diamonds' out? If so, I'll take her over my knee but first, you must prove it ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I can't call you a racist but I can certainly call you a heterophobe and a hippocrite as well.
.. you enjoy calling people names, don't cha ??..

.. why are you so arrogant ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 3 min Nohweh 179
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 665,119
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 6 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 46 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web