“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#489621 Feb 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
That's a strange comparison but I understand why you are getting angry now. Embarrassment often leads to anger
I felt like I had to make it absurd before you would understand it.

And now, you're back to insulting me for exposing your poor conversation skills.
Skombolis wrote:
Your own words gave you away. You said it fortuitous that it happened to be IANS the things you were objecting to was to. Why was it fortuitous that it was IANS and not some other poster if your desire is simply to oppose on the issues and not to defend a certain poster?
I've read enough of IANS posts that I can assume certain things safely. It would have been the same if your slander were directed at Scaritual or Wilderide, and probably others.

The trigger was when you call someone a liar and bigot based on your incorrect misrepresentation of that person's words. I would have jumped on that no matter who it was.

It was most fortuitous that it was IANS, because I know he's not going to let you off the hook. I don't know when I'll have time to post, so it's just nice to know that someone is going to be babysitting you.(That was a jab, by the way)
Skombolis wrote:
The reason it was fortuitous is because you want to defend IANS every chance you get and this gave you what you see as an excuse.
Does repetition make it true?

It's almost like you're indoctrinating yourself.
Skombolis wrote:
Like I said, people (and often the same people) have been in equally similar exchanges with others in your group and you might once in a while respond once or not at all. But when someone confronts IANS than like clockwork here comes IANS Jr responding to every post not only to him but to IANS or about IANS. Heck you defend him more than he defends himself.
You've incorrectly paraphrased me, and insulted me. Yet, I'm not even defending myself. I don't care. I hope you continue. It serves my purposes better if you do.
Skombolis wrote:
Keep looking for those fortuitous opportunities to claim you are jumping in on merit and not out of a desire to defend IANS while disguising it as merit. And who knows, maybe one day you will be able to admit to yourself why it is so important to you to do this. I personally think you look up to him AND want his approval. I am simply suggesting you don't sacrifice your self-respect in pursuit of that goal
I do look up to him. So? You claiming some kind of obsession isn't just bordering on delusional, it is delusional. You need to stop this before it gets out of hand. And keep in mind, it serves my purposes better if you don't. I guess I haven't really decided yet if I want you to recognize your failures or not.

It's a good show either way.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489622 Feb 17, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you DS..
The LORD our God is one LORD.—Deuteronomy 6:4
*I'm not here to win a popularity contest... I only care what God thinks...:)
I also am not here to be popular,or debates

but Deut 6;4 is english mistaken translation
because THE HaShem(Adoani) G-D YAHVEH IS ONE-proper hebrew transaltion

The Lord is not above the Supreme Ruler King of Kings

Also G-D Yahveh (YHVH) IS GOD FATHER,and Lord of Lords under command of HaShem is Jesus Christ Lord of Lords

there is not such claim as one or trinity

Bible always teach about Father greater from His Son-first begotten of all creations before creation of existing world

children of God don't have any part in world christian contests,debates,discussions about sealed Gods Plan,not able to achieve changes by specualtive arguesmcontentions,or insults

May God richly bless you

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#489623 Feb 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If this was a case of me just defending a friend, I'd be asking him just exactly what would be wrong with that.
It's not like I don't do that. This just isn't one of those times.
I agree with what IANS has been doing lately. I've wanted to do it myself ever since I "met" Skom.
It's a lesson about accountability. Skom walked right into it.
How can this be truthful? If you have wanted to challenge me on merit since you have met me then stands to reason you feel you have seen that as something that needs to be done based on my behavior. So you would have had plenty of chances to do so. The only time you have and to such a degree is when it has to do with IANS.All someone has to do is look at your arguments like jab is diff than slam or that the implication wasnt negative or pretending not to understand what it means for your perceptions to be colored by your friendship to see the extent merit has to do with it. It is ok to admit IANS means a lot to you
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489624 Feb 17, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>It is written ms. devil, "...because as He is, so are we in this world."
Get thee hence...
<quoted text>
.. arrogance. Pure, simple arrogance ..
arogance is powerful weapon self defense own authority,power,and underestimate other more inteligent values

your arogance also disqualify you as normal poster with whom without of bias,someone could exchange smart thoughts of our knowledges
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489625 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not defensive, Skom.
It's called humor. Clementia understands; you can too, if you try.
In my view, it would behoove posters here to lighten up a bit. Makes life more enjoyable.
You take yourselves far to seriously.
And no, I'm not going to make an issue out of the word "group."
You drop it and I'll drop it.
humor you can keep around your own living enviroment.
printed words are not humor, because doesn't express attituded of your goodness or wicked character

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#489626 Feb 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
He is friends with a group of people on Topix from what I have seen
I have also seen his other friends in pretty wild conflicts where Tide barely says anything if at all
So why does he do so disproportionately so much with IANS?
If IANS means so much more to him than his other friends on Topix and he feels the need to defend anything said to him on Topix then so be it. Why not let him say that? He is currently denying it has anything to do with that and is based on merit. Personally I think it is abandonment issues or hero-worship but it may be his friendship with IANS Although the disproportionate responses would suggest then he sees IANS as his 'best Topix friend"
So do you think Tide is lying to me and he really is defending IANS because they are friends and not simply because he objected to what was said to him? I personally think his feelings for IANS plays a big role as well. Thank you for suggesting his defense of IANS is motivated by friendship. What I have been saying isn't that much different. For the friendship of another man on Topix to warrant such special consideration over others there must be a reason.
Your post was more helpful than you probably realized it was going to be
Thank you
I think you're focused upon a subject that relates to you.

Your inability to comprehend what is being said.

Instead of addressing the issue as it relates to you, you're attempting to divert that focus away from your inability to do that by casting aspersions concerning what motivates the person or persons who are involved with a conversation pointing out your mistake, which, I've gotta say, has been stated clearly by those people.

So what if Tide also points out what has been brought to light by another?

I've done the same thing on behalf of many people, Tide and IANS included.They and others have done the same for me. I've done it on this thread, and the comments spoke of your inability, or lack of ability, or maybe it's just the lack of a desire to really address what's been said, so you divert by any means possible.

The words people use, people choose for many reasons, and those reasons may vary, but I know that as far as it concerns IANS, Tide, myself and many others, they are chosen to communicate precisely what they mean, and the meaning is important and it isn't up for you to decide what the person intended, especially when the person has clarified just exactly what it — those words, that sentence, that paragraph — did mean.

I said it was done for friendship, and what did you do? You decided that friendship means that a person must act a certain way, or it must not mean friendship, it means something else, what was it you said?
Skombolis wrote:
I personally think his feelings for IANS plays a big role as well. Thank you for suggesting his defense of IANS is motivated by friendship. What I have been saying isn't that much different. For the friendship of another man on Topix to warrant such special consideration over others there must be a reason.
See? You took what I said, and added something that wasn't implied, as a matter of fact, I said what I meant.

Now, what did I say concerning friendship?
Skombolis wrote:
Maybe it's called friendship. Unmotivated by any gain or advantage, or perceived benefit, and only for that reason. Friendship.
There's your problem. You do not comprehend what you read, and in your incomprehension, it becomes something else unrelated to what was said.

Do not place what friendship means to you as it applies to "another man", on what other people think of when they think of friendship, be it a man or woman.

It isn't what you think it means, no matter how bad you want it to be so.

Or how much you just can't comprehend it, or is it that you just don't want to?

Because that would be admitting you were wrong.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#489627 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not defensive, Skom.
It's called humor. Clementia understands; you can too, if you try.
In my view, it would behoove posters here to lighten up a bit. Makes life more enjoyable.
You take yourselves far to seriously.
And no, I'm not going to make an issue out of the word "group."
You drop it and I'll drop it.
That is fine by me. We have been managing to avoid some of the pointless fighting over little stuff and stay civil and I would prefer to continue that. I have n o problem with having a lottle fun either. After all this just the internet and if we cant have fun here there is little point in posting

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#489628 Feb 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>How can this be truthful? If you have wanted to challenge me on merit since you have met me then stands to reason you feel you have seen that as something that needs to be done based on my behavior. So you would have had plenty of chances to do so. The only time you have and to such a degree is when it has to do with IANS.All someone has to do is look at your arguments like jab is diff than slam or that the implication wasnt negative or pretending not to understand what it means for your perceptions to be colored by your friendship to see the extent merit has to do with it. It is ok to admit IANS means a lot to you
Diversion.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#489629 Feb 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>No, you said that 'you're here to help' with false pretenses. You simply got goaded and that was a passive-aggressive way to vent. Just as you're in here under false pretenses imho.
Thanks for the diagnosis, Pastor.

Now go prey.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#489630 Feb 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
He is friends with a group of people on Topix from what I have seen
I have also seen his other friends in pretty wild conflicts where Tide barely says anything if at all
So why does he do so disproportionately so much with IANS?
If IANS means so much more to him than his other friends on Topix and he feels the need to defend anything said to him on Topix then so be it. Why not let him say that? He is currently denying it has anything to do with that and is based on merit. Personally I think it is abandonment issues or hero-worship but it may be his friendship with IANS Although the disproportionate responses would suggest then he sees IANS as his 'best Topix friend"
So do you think Tide is lying to me and he really is defending IANS because they are friends and not simply because he objected to what was said to him? I personally think his feelings for IANS plays a big role as well. Thank you for suggesting his defense of IANS is motivated by friendship. What I have been saying isn't that much different. For the friendship of another man on Topix to warrant such special consideration over others there must be a reason.
Your post was more helpful than you probably realized it was going to be
Thank you
My Topix best friend is River Tam.

My posting behavior seems disproportionate because it is. I rarely post this much. I might be responding this much because YOU keep replying to me. That's rare. I'd rather this conversation go ten times faster. I don't really like getting involved in discussions that spread out over weeks, like a slow drip. That's part of the reason. The main reason is, I care about accountability. I care about accuracy. And yes, I even care about a friend of mine being insulted for invalid reasons. But that happens every single day. The reasons for my posting behavior are varied, and complex. Nobody knows better than I do, so let me tell you, if that's alright. I'm not going to lie. I have no reason to.

When are you going to own up for your mistakes? This has been a good distraction so far, but I haven't forgotten.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#489631 Feb 17, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Much better...now. I've been busy picking debris out of my eyes, then washing them, check 'em out OO
<3
Yeap, they look bright eyed and bushy tailed, lol.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489632 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementine, now I'm going to be accused of luring you over here.
Aren't you a member of my "group"?
Shoo!
what group leader you are?

if you would try to be my leader,
I am quiet sure at first you would have to lick my toes, and chalenge my bizzare deabates with you destroing you like old sneaker after 12 seasons of football games

SO?"leader" start play games with your own dr Shrink,
only always keep close mouth,because dr Shrink at first throw psychotic pills at your mouth to make you complete unaware of daily reality
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489633 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the diagnosis, Pastor.
Now go prey.
guy is not pastor
only ministerial servant of pastor church,serving before pastor altar, holding holy grall( water mixed with moon shine called holy water-blood christ)

also
always post THE TRUTH BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS ALSO ABLE TO SET YOU FREE

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#489634 Feb 17, 2013
Tide...if it was fortuitous that it was IANS because he isnt going to 'let me off the hook' then all the more reason your in volvement wouldnt be necessary right? Yet you have gotten involved and to the extent that it would spread you thin to be in other exchanges.And no I didnt paraphrase you incorrectly, you said it was fortuitous and didnt say why. I believe the reason to be obvious. I am glad you can admit you look up to an anonymous man posting on the Internet. The next step would be imo to be honest with youself on how much that motivates you to come to his defense.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#489635 Feb 17, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>It is written ms. devil, "...because as He is, so are we in this world."
Get thee hence...
<quoted text>
.. arrogance. Pure, simple arrogance ..
I believe what the scriptures says in the NT about various subjects. I can truly understand your opposition against The Bible, myself and some of the other Believers when we talk about certain things... especially homosexuality.

But it is what it is from a biblical scripture point of view. I certainly don't hate you or any other homosexual. But from a scriptural perspective, I had to speak out against it when your girl Le le becomes accusatory and preaches "another gospel" concerning homosexuality. That affirmation of homosexuality is the type of Christianity a lot of homosexuals like and they have no problem with that being spoken in the public sphere. But that's not only hypocritial on your part (because that false gospel favors your views)... but Le le's version is a lie to begin with and is of the devil.

Now what would I do if my child became a homosexual? Standby.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489636 Feb 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
My Topix best friend is River Tam.
My posting behavior seems disproportionate because it is. I rarely post this much. I might be responding this much because YOU keep replying to me. That's rare. I'd rather this conversation go ten times faster. I don't really like getting involved in discussions that spread out over weeks, like a slow drip. That's part of the reason. The main reason is, I care about accountability. I care about accuracy. And yes, I even care about a friend of mine being insulted for invalid reasons. But that happens every single day. The reasons for my posting behavior are varied, and complex. Nobody knows better than I do, so let me tell you, if that's alright. I'm not going to lie. I have no reason to.
When are you going to own up for your mistakes? This has been a good distraction so far, but I haven't forgotten.
what I despise among trolls like you,
word I
always try to put yourselves above others

if you lie, if you got no reason to lie, there is not anyone concern of your I and own ego forcing above others

you sounds like psycho disturb mentaly level of 29 degree

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#489637 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the diagnosis, Pastor.
Now go prey.
I'm here to help (positively) but it seems that you are the one who has actually come in here to prey.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#489638 Feb 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
My Topix best friend is River Tam.
My posting behavior seems disproportionate because it is. I rarely post this much. I might be responding this much because YOU keep replying to me. That's rare. I'd rather this conversation go ten times faster. I don't really like getting involved in discussions that spread out over weeks, like a slow drip. That's part of the reason. The main reason is, I care about accountability. I care about accuracy. And yes, I even care about a friend of mine being insulted for invalid reasons. But that happens every single day. The reasons for my posting behavior are varied, and complex. Nobody knows better than I do, so let me tell you, if that's alright. I'm not going to lie. I have no reason to.
When are you going to own up for your mistakes? This has been a good distraction so far, but I haven't forgotten.
Where's River?

Send out a posse!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#489639 Feb 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
No the implication was they do
That's called an interpretation, or a perceived implication, if you would prefer. Implications are intentional, and they are the property of the person making them.
Skombolis wrote:
Nobody brings up a loophole that anybody they consider moral wouldn't use and includes it with a jab on Christians such as "ask the sky for forgiveness" and then can try to claim they were simply stating the possibility exists and be taken seriously
It's funny that you use the word "loophole" as if a perfect god would ever leave such a thing in his book. Perfect gods don't make mistakes, right? That must mean that these minimum requirements really are good enough, if you don't feel like going beyond them.

Wouldn't the god have made it a rule, if he really wanted it done?

You tell me.
Skombolis wrote:
He said it to imply Christians do it
I'm sure some do do it. He never said all, or implied it. At least, I'm reasonably certain. He's the one that gets to decide what he implied, after all.

Doodoo LOL.(This is me choosing to be immature)
Skombolis wrote:
It is amazing to me the lengths you will go to trying to deny the obvious
~Christians don't need to ask for forgiveness or make amends to the people they hurt because they can just ask the sky for forgiveness
You take that to 100 people and ask the if they think that is meant as a negative implication towards Christians and 98 say yes and the other two are you and IANS
Where are you getting these people? Pull them out of a college level English composition course, and I would be fine with the outcome.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#489640 Feb 17, 2013
@scaritual....yes I added on to what you said. I did so by giving my perception. I didnt claim you said it. I didnt say I have never stuck up for friends. I am focusing on the extent he sticks up for one particular friend. And there is little merit in his posts for me to focus on and I certainlY dont need you to suggest to me what I should focus on concerning posts to me but thanks anyway. But again, I appreciate that you also felt that the motivating factor could have been his friendship with IANS.I believe that is the reason but am focusing on the unhealthy extent to which i believe it governs his responses. I am glad other people can see what the motivations may be even though Tide is denying it is why. You have been most helpful:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min Johnny 3,125
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min dirty white boy- 739,740
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min confrinting with ... 542,822
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Aura Mytha 259,599
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Aura Mytha 227,649
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 173,716
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 38 min abcd 865
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••