“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489417 Feb 17, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Thank You IANS.

I have an opportunity to work as a Social Worker for Hospice after I get my Associate Degree in August. That wasn't the career choice that I had in mind when I first began my college course in Applied Science in Human Services but this career offers a wide range of opportunities in various fields. I was very impressed with the Hospice Team that cared for my dad in his own home while he was dying of Cancer. It has only been 7 months and they still call and check on my mother. Thank you for taking time to answer those questions and for your kindness. It must be a tough job working with dying people all the time. I work for a Vets office and I see a lot of death and pain also. Have a good night Doctor.
Thank you, Grace.

Hospice is a terrible thing to need, but a wonderful thing to have - my own slogan. And it's so true. We made lives better, and social workers played an important part in that. My job was easy: morphine, Compazine, Xanax, Restoril ... it's not really medicine. But it is important.

You might find that you like the hospice environment. It's not depressing at all. The families have assimilated their bad luck by the time you are called in, and are nothing but grateful for the help you provide, which is a huge relief at such a time. You will feel like you are making a difference.

We helped people die at home surrounded by their loved ones in relative comfort rather than dying alone in a sterile hospital room adorned with catheters and restraints. That's a great gift to everybody involved.

Social workers do things like get helping get wills in order when needed, funeral arrangements, helping arrange military personnel's emergency leaves to come home, and bereavement counseling after death.

Another problem is overcoming barriers to effective treatment. Some people refuse comfort care because they believe that they need to suffer for their sins before dying, or don't want to arrive in heaven a dope addict. As a hospice caregiver, you have to deal with these problems and help people see things otherwise.

And you will explain what a privilege it is to grieve the loss of a loved one. To have died unloved is so sad. If nobody sheds a tear at your death ... well ... it's an honor to be able to do that for somebody who has gone away, and helping people understand that is part of your job. And you will be thanked profusely for it.

Good luck!

Now working around suffering animals - that's got to be tougher.

Fennario

#489418 Feb 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Yes! You can't see it, but she has a gun between her legs. I'll edit the photo later to remove her head so the gun is visible.
:)
That reminds me of a great image from Goodfellas:
http://mimg.ugo.com/201001/34857/good-fellas-...
[rated R for panties]

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#489419 Feb 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Sure. We got a special grant program fer sich sitchiations!
LOL... I reckon I'd be a star pupil, can I get a grant? Lol...

Fennario

#489420 Feb 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I humbly and sincerely beg fo-
Oh, wait! This one isn't my fault!!!
LOL.

Will Dim ever do the right thing and put an end to this unpleasantry? I'm pretty sure that even his friends see that he is wrong, and that his present behavior is making them uncomfortable, as well as cheapening the promises of their god.

It is apparent that Dim has the power to stop it dead in its tracks simply by begging my forgiveness, but he won't. Was there ever a more glaring example of foolish pride?

==========

@ Dim - Let me help you out a bit here. Admit it, dude, I outplayed you. You made bad choices, and I punished you for them. You are backed into a corner, and really have only one choice. There's only one way to resolve the mess you've made.

You need to think - you're nearly checkmated here. Do your friends a favor and belly up. Eat a little humble pie. Get it over with. It will be good for your soul.

I'm ready to be begged now.

[Sorry if I'm shocking anybody here, but Skom will be better for it when this is over. I'm right on this one, and holding him accountable is a useful lesson. This boy is out of line and out of control.]
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#489421 Feb 17, 2013
I lose my salvation again every time I sin wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings monsieur, I meant every word of it of course, the true answer to people getting along well and having more courtesy and patience with one another would be to to truly get GOD into their hearts and that alone would cure so many social ill;s in both this thread and in the world in general.
May you two have a Blessed day IN the Lord Sora.
Morning,'Under the Law-est'. How many times have you lost your salvation this weekend?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#489422 Feb 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_o9oz9X5i9wXX
Now that's a cryin' SHAME!! Bad enough you non-believers in the security of the believer are going around 'chasin' your own 'spiritual tails',but now you done rubbed that attitude off on the Lord's critters!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#489423 Feb 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning....It is **SONday***
“The greatest deception men suffer
is from their own opinions.”
~ Leonardo da Vinci
Thought For The Day
Fanasties and dreams too.
Wishful thinking too.
Awee the wonder of it all too.

Fennario

#489424 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I found the cost of freedom.
It was buried in the sand.
Well I heard mister Young sing about her

Fennario

#489425 Feb 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
But I tell you, them Christians playing game with YHWH. And I see for myself YHWH teach some hard and painful lessons to some jesus followers that go perverse grace and think they can sin and say prayer.
What do you think about Skombolis lately? Is he playing a dangerous game with YHWY? Is your god using anybody now to teach some hard or painful lesson to that Jesus follower?

Your friend needs your help.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#489426 Feb 17, 2013
Experiencing God Day By Day:
Forgive to Be Forgiven
And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.(Matthew 6:12)
Few things are more precious to receive than forgiveness. After carrying the burden of our sin, it is wonderfully freeing to know that the one we have wronged has completely forgiven us. Jesus told His disciples to ask God for forgiveness every time they prayed. Jesus knew that we would daily incur debts against God, as we inevitably fall short of God’s standard. A day does not go by that we do not need to ask God to remove our debt against Him.
++++Jesus warned that we should expect forgiveness from God as we forgive those who sin against us, for God will forgive us in the same way we forgive others (Matt. 6:15).++++ God’s nature is forgiveness (Exod. 34:6–7). If we are to be His disciples, we must follow His example. If God will forgive our most relentless enemy, we can do nothing less. Jesus did not say that certain offenses are unworthy of our forgiveness. We have no biblical excuse for allowing unforgiveness in our hearts.
++++If you choose to withhold forgiveness from someone, your worship and prayers are futile (Matt. 5:23–24).++++ Ask God to make you aware of those dark corners in your life where you are harboring resentment. A keen awareness of your own need for forgiveness will put the offenses of others in their proper light. Ask God to make you like Christ so that, even when you are being persecuted, you can pray “Father, forgive them.”
Mind you I have not read all the posts but it reads a little better (nicer) in here.
Maybe some grownups are starting to come in Darwin.:)
HFN

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#489427 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the gene pool concept.
I was more into the mechanisms of flow within the gene pool.
For example, there are enzymes covering the egg in mammals that prevent insemination by sperm from incompatible partners. Without that barrier there would be more variation in offspring.
In experiments, we have stripped the enzymes and allowed animals that were previously unable to interbreed to produce viable and fertile offspring. One thing we discovered was that Guinea pigs and hampsters are much closer related than we thought.
It is just another piece of the puzzle and invalidates many definitions of "species".
Yeah, that stuff is totally interesting. So does the genetics back up the enzymatic comparison you mention above? How close genetically are guinea pigs and hamsters? I'd assume they'd reinforce each other - if not, that says some disturbing stuff about DNA!

btw, do you know where I can get some hamster helper?

chotto oneka ga suita

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#489428 Feb 17, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Amen to that.
Bless you sir.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#489429 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospel of Thomas is considered by many scholars to be the earliest gospel we have a copy of.
Except for The Gospel of Thomas Prequel. Episode Zero: Before he was a man, he was a boy.

Admittedly, not the best plot and sort of riding on the coattails of the successful works that came before but depict later times.

Fennario

#489430 Feb 17, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
my literacy is lot better from yours,because your low IQ,have no respect to foreign english symantics and sounds like rascistic hateful nationalistic pig hating foreigners
What?
dr Shrink wrote:
don't mention my cup
OK. Had that a problem before now?
dr Shrink wrote:
I AM ABLE TO PEE TO YOUR CUP

NOW YOU ARE ON MY DESK

EAT THEM ON THE BREAKFAST
Nice chatting as always.

Free medical advice: request a lumbar puncture for spirochetes.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#489431 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Note that the Book of Enoch was rejected as scripture by Judaism long before Christianity made their Bible.
Too close to Eunuch for them?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#489432 Feb 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
(edited and originally for Skombolis)
You have got to be the stupidest human being on the planet.

Fennario

#489434 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
It often goes much further than that. Not just forgiveness for doing wrong but justification to do wrong ...continuously.
Agreed. Anything is OK if you can make yourself believe that the god approves. And if not, well, one is not perfect, just forgiven.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#489435 Feb 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of a great image from Goodfellas:
http://mimg.ugo.com/201001/34857/good-fellas-...
[rated R for panties]
I hope she has the safety on.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#489436 Feb 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>((((IRRIRA))))
I'M still here, remember me?(:
Bringing it forward for you Brother... I don't forget that easily!!!
Many changes have taken place, and even I cannot get in here as I used to due to schedule. But one thing I do know... I miss a lot of the witnessing which we all did share then.

Despite different spiritual differences - even we all are as different as our fingerprints - and maybe we expect God to speak to everyone the same. But it cannot be so, for each and every soul I believe He has an individual message according to one's life. And somewhere the truth of all such things gets swamped by diffident dogmas, etc.

If we take the flowers in a garden, and only choose those we like the most, what of the others? Are they no less worthy of God's Grace if even the weeds have a rightful place in permaculture?

Oh... You know me well enough by now, and I'm afraid the words of Jesus are my guide...
John 12:47
“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

As Paul saya...
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

Well my Friend, it is 2am. Sun/Mon, very hot, and I hope you are keeping warm! Just know as I always say to those who want me round more. You are all with me in Spirit, even if our voice at time gets drowned out!
>>>BigSmile<< <
Blessings always be your way.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Blowing thru as always and such a nice warm shout >>>LAWEST<<<
Always with you there in Spirit my Friend... and trusting prayers are reaching you in Comfort.
"All may change but Jesus never,
Glory to his name!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5zbQnKvwaBgXX&noredirect= 1
Vangelis - conquest of the paradise - the universe
Blessings always 2 U and yours,
Irrira

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#489437 Feb 17, 2013
For anyone interested in raising the bar for the discussions in this thread, I am now offering free web hoisting. Ask for details.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 826,491
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min Justice League 3,023
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 55 min andet1987 1,783
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 57 min rbphoenix80 98,922
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,774
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,810
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr James 442,607
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr USA Born 583,185
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 176,430
More from around the web