Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Starting around 325 AD the Roman Emperors and Church attempted to burn all books they didn;t like and kill everyone who didn;t follow their version of Christinity. Their religion (Modern Christianity) and books (The Bible) have been (almost) the sole form of Christianity for the last 1700 years.
That is not opinion, that is historical fact.
Bonsoir mon ami in this you are correct. Sora and I have witnessed horrific atrocities commited in the name of the Christian faith. In regards to the bible there are many versions and we follow the 66 books as well as the Apocryphas we aalso are familiar with Gnoticism and the destruction of the Cathar community is horrific in its scope. I had ancestors whom were among the murdered and also those who did the killing.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

*Gnosticism*

*Also*

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami in this you are correct. Sora and I have witnessed horrific atrocities commited in the name of the Christian faith. In regards to the bible there are many versions and we follow the 66 books as well as the Apocryphas we aalso are familiar with Gnoticism and the destruction of the Cathar community is horrific in its scope. I had ancestors whom were among the murdered and also those who did the killing.
Hi Seraphine.

Many have been murdered simply for their thoughts. It is shamelful.

I always think of the verse "Jesus wept".

The shortest sentence in the English Bible and the longest one in the world.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
why don't you tell me what I got wrong?
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Still? You still don't know? Here is the last time I answered that for you:

And Tide has answered it for you at least twice.

This what makes you Dim. You're unteachable. There is no way to get an idea from my head into yours. The usual method - coding the thought as words, typing them, posting them, and you reading them, accomplishes zero. You still don't know.

And of course, that is what caused me to post "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more." It's maddening dealing with you.

This never would have turned into the issue that it has if you were merely functionally illiterate - and you are. You perform like somebody who cannot read, or who can barely read. You don't seem to be able to look at a word and not garble it in the uptake, as you did when you converted "evidence" to "proof".

Nor can you plead ignorance. You were asked repeatedly to stop paraphrasing me - use my exact words or drop your claim. You refused.

Still, that was not your biggest crime. You amped it up by going on the offensive. You're not only too proud to beg me to forgive you, you're too proud to consider that you might have made a mistake or be at fault.

And your reaction has been to intensify your maligning.

My response? Game on. I haven't been in a flame war like this since perhaps with Buck Crick in 2011. I suppose it's good to hone ones chops now and then, although you have made this child's play.

BTW, somebody - Grace, I believe - posted that people like me are sent here by your god as a test. Obviously, I don't. But just as obviously, you should. And you are obviously failing it miserably. You'd apparently rather risk the opprobrium of your peers and the wrath of your god than beg forgiveness.

What is anybody who is reading along to think about how your Christianity affects you? You're supposed to be filled with a powerful Holy Spirit to guide you. You were promised it. That's obviously a sham promise. There's no power in you. There's no Spirit. There has been no transformation. There's just you wagging your finger at people like me and your self-forgiveness for the messes you make and walk away from.

That's what Christianity has done for Skombolis. And that's one of Christianity's main appeals - evading guilt. You have a lot to feel guilt and shame about. Do you really deserve to be comfortable with it?

Is it good that your beliefs allow you to be comfortable with whatever you do? I think that they simply enable you to go on offending, but without any punishment from your conscience, which is now likely nearly silenced by your dogma. You're not perfect, just forgiven, remember?

You can do anything to anybody, because your god will forgive you, right? He already has. Because you are he. He is a fabrication of your own imagination, and he tells you that you are forgiven.

I tell you that you are not.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
He never said he would require proof. He said he would require evidence.

There is a difference between proof and evidence.

If you are out in the woods, and find two walnuts on the ground, that is evidence of something. It might be evidence that there is a walnut tree nearby. It's not proof of that. It could be evidence that the walnuts were dropped there by an animal. I would believe, based on reasonably sufficient evidence, that if I found a thousand walnuts under a tree, that that tree is a walnut tree. It still might not be a walnut tree, however. That sufficient evidence would not be proof.

Do you need IANS to tell you? He cleared this up in a post already.
Skombolis wrote:
No he didn't. He has yet to answer what I got wrong. You say he explained it already? Then tell me what he said I got wrong
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
Again? He just did, sheet-fer-brains. Look at Tide's first two sentences. They are the strings of characters that come after his name above, the phrase that begins with a capital "T." Look at the top of this post for a character that looks like this "T". it will be followed by a "i", a "d" and an "e". Take your time.

Now go get an adult to tell you what the words mean.

How dare you insist for three months that I am a liar when you can't read or understand words? And this is being generous - giving you the benefit of the doubt that you still don't understand. I can't really believe that.
unicornhorn

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

can i ask you a question.. if the bible says that what goes around comes around..

then you realize that merely existing near someone is a form of giving..

so is yelling..

you get every single thing back..

or you become everything that is thrown at you..

so but until you realize this you don't have any real free will..

and even when you do you don't.. because even on a macroscopic scale there was a set frame of words destined for you to say

and actions for you to take.. and me..

you wanna say to yourself that the virtual world cannot be affected by gods laws..

but it is not separate from the real world.. it's just a tool used to interact with other minds.. and play pretend..

so you are still interacting in the real world.. with a virtual world and gods laws still apply..

giving a physica... platform to perform scientific tests to prove gods word as true..

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
i didn't think you would:)
After all you don't understand how jab and slam mean the same thing when used as an insult
Are you giving lessons on reading comprehension now?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Seems may do not know, or misinterpret each other's use of the words "proof" and "evidence".

In common usage the terms are interchangeable. Even in scientific and academic useage the words are often ambiguous.

In general, evidence is used to support a proof. Thus a proof is that amount of evidence (both empirical and deduced), and explanations there of, which one requires to constitute a "proof".

At its core, "proof" simply means "test". A proof simply tests the explanations that are based on the evidence.

In reality, a "proof" is what ever one desires it to be.

Hope that muddied the waters enough that everyone will get out of the water and go get cleaned up. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

unicornhorn wrote:
can i ask you a question.. if the bible says that what goes around comes around.....
The carousel doctrine, common through out the world.

Chrisitianity simply thinks there is a brass ring to catch.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
you think a Christian can commit murder and just ask forgiveness and God is ok with that?
No. Unbelievers don't believe your god exists.

But obviously many of you feel that you can forgive yourselves in that manner. It's up to the individual to decide whether his god forgave him or not.
trifecta1 wrote:
That shows total gross ignorance on your part.
Au contraire. You are ignorant to pretend that it doesn't happen every moment of every day.
trifecta1 wrote:
if a person commit murder and want to be a Jesus follower, they have to clear they conscience and REPENT. No repentance, no forgiveness. And repentance mean going to police and admit crime.
That's your version. Christians are fully empowered by their bibles and its myriad interpretations to do whatever they like and feel good about it. You can't stop the many more than I can.

But we can try to stop a church that offers forgiveness it is not free to offer. We need you to have a conscience, and for you to suffer the ethical dissonance that is guilt when deserved.

It's ironic how many of you say just that about us skeptics - that we avoid the accountability of your god so that we can do whatever we want.

But it's the other way around. When I hurt somebody, I suffer for it. You and Dim can just "leave it at the altar" with Jesus and go on your merry ways if you choose. After all, you're not perfect - just forgiven, right?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ironic how many of you say just that about us skeptics - that we avoid the accountability of your god so that we can do whatever we want.
But it's the other way around. When I hurt somebody, I suffer for it.....
It often goes much further than that. Not just forgiveness for doing wrong but justification to do wrong...continuously.

Please note that is a generalization and is not directed any parties in your dialogue. Simply got a few synapses firing.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
You didn't repeat what I claimed. You posted your interpretation of what I said, and effed it up as always.
You claimed that I said that I "don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
I never said that, moron. I denied it then ("Nope") and deny it now. And you have never even bothered to try and show where I said such a thing.
Skombolis wrote:
No you did say it. You have many posts saying you believe it is possible there are creator gods.
Here is one right here
"I have told you repeatedly that I believe that creator gods are possible"
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Unbelievable.

I have never denied that I said, " I don't rule out the possibility of a creator god." What I denied is that I said, "I don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

Do you see any difference between those two, sheet-fer-brains? You have got to be the stupidest human being on the planet.
Skombolis wrote:
You are simply a liar IANS. You lie all the time and then demand people search back months of posts to prove it and still deny it or you know you lie and will say you won't confirm or deny what you said until someone finds the post
Why can't you just be honest?
You never learn. And you have no right.
Skombolis wrote:
Just like you lied in the other room and said everything can be or will be explained by science and then when I questioned how you could possibly know that to rule out a spiritual explanation you changed your story to everything that is explainable by science can be explained by science.
How would you know what I said, sheet-fer-brains? How many times do you need to be told to stop paraphrasing in your words what you think I said, and instead, to bring the exact quotation and link to the discussion or STFU?

But you refuse, and then compound it with derogatory personal comments. That is why you are taking this verbal beating. And not a mere jab like the "ask the air for forgiveness" comment. You're being slammed, amigo.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You are lying again
Your religion is worthless. So are you.
Skombolis wrote:
When I first called you on this because you said Christians, inferring everyone which is bigoted, you changed your story to you were simply stating the forgiveness doctrine doesn't require amends.NOW you are CHANGING your STORY AGAIN that you know some wouldn't do it.
You have no idea what I said.
Skombolis wrote:
I told you weeks ago you would be better served by learning to use the word "some" or words "a small minority of"
LOL. Thanks for the sage advice.
Skombolis wrote:
Man, your poor patients
Scum.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
LOL
That's your claim?
That you denied it because I said "proof" not evidence"?
Who told you?
Skombolis wrote:
Here is the definition of "evidence"
n
1. ground for belief or disbelief; data on which to base proof or to establish truth or falsehood
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/evidence
If you had the evidence you would have proof. It is the same thing in that context.
What a mess you are. You didn't understand the dictionary definitions, either.

No, evidence and proof are distinctly different, sheet-fer-brains.
Skombolis wrote:
I can see where IANS jr gets his differences between "jab" and "slam"
No you can't. You have no idea what the difference is.
Skombolis wrote:
Here is the first word listed as a synonym for evidence.. PROOF
evidence
&#8194;Main Entry:
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: proof
http://thesaurus.com/browse/evidence
From your own link,moron:

"Notes: evidence (from Latin e-'out'+ videre 'to see') is information that helps form a conclusion; proof is factual information that verifies a conclusion "
Skombolis wrote:
man are you a liar!
And this is how Christianity has served you. You are defiantly stupid, offensive and proud.

You deserve everything that I dish out to you. Every little bit.

Will no fellow Christian step up and help this miscreant? He needs advice from somebody that he trusts.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You know exactly what you said.
Yes, I do. But you don't - not even approximately.
Skombolis wrote:
Who cares if your rates were lower than others
You claimed that I did.
Skombolis wrote:
And you said you got rid of patients who didn't follow your directions because you weren't going to chance them suing you and paying more if insurance
Nope. I never said that. Where's your quote and link to it, shit-fer-brains?
Skombolis wrote:
And no I am not going to search out your post so you can try to say you said "coverage" not "insurance" or something equally as stupid
I said neither. I never used the word "coverage." My only reference to the word insurance was a quotation explaining a new development in the health insurance industry. I never referred to my "malpractice insurance rates" as you claimed when you wrote, "I have seen you complain about your malpractice insurance rates."

You have never seen that.

You are shaming your god and your fellow Christians, and according to Christian doctrine, you are also risking damnation. You need to beg me for my forgiveness and put this matter to rest. Obviously, I have to stop demanding that you do so as soon as you do, even if I reject your request - don't I, sheet-fer-brains?

Somebody needs to help this boy. He is shaming you all as well as your church and your faith. Look at how worthless it is in him. You need to decide if I am sent by Satan or Jesus, and act accordingly. I say neither, but you Christians don't.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
LOL
So now you are back to doctrine!
Nope. Still retired.
Skombolis wrote:
And just because amends aren't required to receive forgiveness doesn't mean we are not instructed to make them
Proverbs 14:9
Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright.
Where are your amends? Where is your request for forgiveness from me? You obviously feel free to evade that responsibility. Your own behavior puts your claim to the lie.

None of us is particularly interested in what your book says, which you apparently use to excuse your every behavior. We care about that behavior. It's not about some ancient words that don't translate into deeds. It's about how you actually behave,and how little those words can mean to you.
Skombolis wrote:
You are just so dishonest that instead of standing behind your words ...
I stand behind my word. But not your version of them.
Skombolis wrote:
So pay attention
LOL.
Skombolis wrote:
So pay attention...when you say things like "Christians don't need to..."
..it implies you are talking about ALL Christians which is why it is a bigoted thing to say
I was talking about about all Christians, shit-fer-brains, but it is still not bigoted. You are all free to be as low as you like and then forgive yourselves.

What would be bigoted would be to claim that you are all that low. Nope. Just some of you.
Skombolis wrote:
If I said "blacks are lazy and don't like to work" do you think I could later claim I was just talking about my two neighbors who are black and happen to be lazy? Of course not because I didn't qualify that. i simply stated "blacks are..." just like you stated "Christians don't need to..". Now if I had actually said something like that I would be a bigot. Since you did say something like that you ARE a bigot
What you are is a moron. "Blacks are" and "Christians don't need to" are not similar.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
edit IANS
And lets use your own words here
"Your steadfast refusal to ask for forgiveness from the person that you have slandered - me, in this case - is the evidence supporting my argument."

Sooo...your argument is that Christians won't ask forgiveness for those they have injured and like you said earlier because they can just receive forgiveness from the sky
Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more. Sound familiar?
Skombolis wrote:
So like I have been saying all along, your post implied Christians lack empathy for those they hurt so long as they are forgiven
Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more.
Skombolis wrote:
You denied that despite that is exactly what you think and exactly what you are arguing!
Skombolis wrote:
And since you made a blanket statement saying "Christians don't need to feel bad..." you were talking about all Christians. Just if someone said "black don't feel bad or women don't feel bad" about whatever.

I'm not going to keep correcting your mistakes. But I will work on correcting your behavior.

You need to humbly beg me for my forgiveness and put a stop to this. I'm not some fair-weathered friend who will just give up on you. You need me to do this for you. You'll thank me some day.

In the meantime, you can keep showing us how useless your religion is, and weak the Spirit that fills you is. Show us why there is no reason to become a Christian - how little such a move is worth.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, There are so many vocations in this world. There are so many ministry opportunities in this world too, in the workplace, home, neighborhood, church... Help me to see my special mission field. Where do You want me to serve? Am I in the right place? Am I taking advantage of every opportunity You have for me? Is there somewhere else You want me to exercise the spiritual gifts, natural talents, and heartfelt desires You have given me? Please open my eyes that I may see; speak to my heart that I may know. Thank You for guiding me and blessing me according to Your will. In Jesus' name I come to You, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
read my last post to you,
No. I skip all your stupid posts.

You're less useful than an impotent racing horse.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour mon amie, thank you for telling us, at this point in time we have not seen it yet but we know of it.
Bonsoir Seraphine, I hope you and Sora do get to see it at some point in time, it is a wonderful experience if you have a wide appreciation for art.

Blessings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 538,620
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min macumazahn 732,538
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min shyam 5,290
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min ChristineM 226,167
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min Clearwater 173,259
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min WasteWater 257,770
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min WasteWater 94,611
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••