Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489434 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
It often goes much further than that. Not just forgiveness for doing wrong but justification to do wrong ...continuously.
Agreed. Anything is OK if you can make yourself believe that the god approves. And if not, well, one is not perfect, just forgiven.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#489435 Feb 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me of a great image from Goodfellas:
http://mimg.ugo.com/201001/34857/good-fellas-...
[rated R for panties]
I hope she has the safety on.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#489436 Feb 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>((((IRRIRA))))
I'M still here, remember me?(:
Bringing it forward for you Brother... I don't forget that easily!!!
Many changes have taken place, and even I cannot get in here as I used to due to schedule. But one thing I do know... I miss a lot of the witnessing which we all did share then.

Despite different spiritual differences - even we all are as different as our fingerprints - and maybe we expect God to speak to everyone the same. But it cannot be so, for each and every soul I believe He has an individual message according to one's life. And somewhere the truth of all such things gets swamped by diffident dogmas, etc.

If we take the flowers in a garden, and only choose those we like the most, what of the others? Are they no less worthy of God's Grace if even the weeds have a rightful place in permaculture?

Oh... You know me well enough by now, and I'm afraid the words of Jesus are my guide...
John 12:47
“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

As Paul saya...
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

Well my Friend, it is 2am. Sun/Mon, very hot, and I hope you are keeping warm! Just know as I always say to those who want me round more. You are all with me in Spirit, even if our voice at time gets drowned out!
>>>BigSmile<< <
Blessings always be your way.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Blowing thru as always and such a nice warm shout >>>LAWEST<<<
Always with you there in Spirit my Friend... and trusting prayers are reaching you in Comfort.
"All may change but Jesus never,
Glory to his name!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5zbQnKvwaBgXX&noredirect= 1
Vangelis - conquest of the paradise - the universe
Blessings always 2 U and yours,
Irrira

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489437 Feb 17, 2013
For anyone interested in raising the bar for the discussions in this thread, I am now offering free web hoisting. Ask for details.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#489438 Feb 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I notice not once did you bother to correct me and state that you did care about your patients and they weren't just a means to an end (money).
<quoted text>
How would you know what I said?
.. some people are compelled to defend any criticism, it's just their nature ..

.. SKOM cannot understand why you did not defend his allegation. To him, it is an admission of guilt ..

.. again, he's not ready, his false self is too powerful. Although your contention regarding forgiveness is valid, your efforts are futile ..

With Established Harem

#489439 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You do that, Annie. Leave this battle to those of us that don't have such responsibilities.
We can make this a better world for people like your son. But we're going to need to push an ugly beast aside to do so - the Christian church.
Sorry, Christians. Your personal faith is your business, and none of my own. But your church is my business. It's everybody's business. I has made itself that.
.. Annie is a gentle spirit, you are a warrior ..

.. sometimes it's hard to stomach the mini gods on Topix ..

.. your posts probably help Annie continue her fight against injustices ..

.. your strength and the strength of other sages in this forum, confirm one reality: the struggle is worth the tummy ache ..

Fennario

#489440 Feb 17, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
It is also is no big mystery that my avatar name is 'Heavens Angel.' You are not the first with that revelation... Lol
You missed my point.

Are you a Christian?

With Established Harem

#489441 Feb 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope she has the safety on.
.. did TIDE forget to lock the trunk? Again?..

.. hi ya sweetheart !! Did I ever tell you that you're the perfect expression of what is ??..

<< fingers dancing on back >>

Fennario

#489442 Feb 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The screen name also anagrams out to: Gehenna slave.
hahahaa
Just thought I'd point that out.
Good one.

Fennario

#489443 Feb 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Doctor Ian....
Cough....Cough
My 93 year old Mother in law said (When her daughter-in-law was in the latter stages of Breast Cancer at ONLY 50)....That she was in "HOTSPICE" instead of Hospice. When I brought my Dad home from the Nursing home we had a Hospice Nurse...I thought it takes a special person to do that.
Somehow I see a good guy underneath all your words.
Thanks. You, too. Good gal, that is.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489444 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Excellent. And thanks.
One minor quibble - there is another kind of proof that depends only on argument, not physical evidence: a mathematical or logical proof, such as the proof of the Pythagorean theorem.
Proof is an interesting subject. So is evidence.
Unless you're a dullard that can't make a distinction between them.
Yes.

There are also banks and banks....

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#489445 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you a Harvard law graduate?
[I got that tidbit from Wiki]
Yes.

Fuller by the way was from Hereford, Texas, a small town that has overachieved in the production of outstanding thinkers.

For a great treatment of natural law, in a brief story involving cannibalism, read Fuller's The Case of the Speluncean Explorers. Fascinating and thought-provoking.

Fennario

#489446 Feb 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for The Gospel of Thomas Prequel. Episode Zero: Before he was a man, he was a boy.
Admittedly, not the best plot and sort of riding on the coattails of the successful works that came before but depict later times.
As a boy, Thomas performed a miracle, and saved a camel dying of thirst on the desert. All there was to feed it was wine, and the animal wouldn't take it. Camels only drink water. He did what he had to.

Then he waved his hand over the risen beast, and said, "May none of your descendants ever be thirsty on the desert again." And that's how the camel got its hump.

I think it has potential.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#489447 Feb 17, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, a beautiful thought and one that is worthy of a compliment. Compassion, mercy, love,justice and real tolerance are universal values that is in every society and in every person. I too hope that the words of myself and my soulmate touch others. Our work has just begun.
Hallo my vriend,
Ja... all these attributes and more, are the Universal Law which Jesus amplified for a Way of Life if we want to Live in Peace here on this Earth. To see more of it would allow for better understanding, rather than many negatives we witness!

You have shared much re yourself and your soul-mate. To be at the beginning if your work is an exercise of great patience, for the road is long, and worth every step of it's tears.

Take these petals that I give you and strew them in the path for others... so that when they pass by, the fragrance that you leave will be a memory they will never forget.

Be Blessed both of you in your calling.
His Love and Peace be with you both.
Thank you for posting to me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#489448 Feb 17, 2013
I will most probably get thumped on for this,rolled around in the dirt,dug thru
the mud,spit on,hammered,ect ect ect.So
Be it.

When God and his prize angel satan were
having a difference of opinion in heaven
over who was gonna be boss so to speak.

God got discussed with him and put him
on earth.Now then God did not kill him
which could have but did not.

Then when he got to messin with Eve in
the garden.Again God was patient with
him.Did not kill at all.Only dished out
punishment for all concerned.Some lessons
come the hard way but think how God patience
was tried by all.

Here is my point forgiveness and love.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489449 Feb 17, 2013
Random topic generator:

1) Does the definition of god/gods matter to believers? Are the similarities and differences between gods of different names or of the same name very important, completely irrelevant, or somewhere in between?

2) Is toast a better insulator than bread? A shocking new study suggests that scientists are willing to do anything to get in the news. Full story at 11.

3) Brain plasticity. No, I'm not talking about new polymer brain transplants. I'm talking about mental flexibility, the ability to learn. Why is it important, and what can we do to enhance it?

4) Shopping carts; convenient invention, or dangerous weapon? You decide.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#489450 Feb 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning....It is **SONday***
“The greatest deception men suffer
is from their own opinions.”
~ Leonardo da Vinci
Thought For The Day
Only when that opinion is not guided by God's Word.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#489451 Feb 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto You" (Matthew 6:33). God, I want to seek you with all my heart. I want to be covered in the righteousness of Christ. I know that the things of this earth shall all pass away and only the treasure laid up in heaven will count. Please let my life count for Your Kingdom. May my rewards be spiritual blessings. Thank you, Lord.
Prime Time with God
Amen. and everyone would be so much more successful if they followed this advice.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#489452 Feb 17, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Morning,'Under the Law-est'. How many times have you lost your salvation this weekend?
You know..........it is sad to say that as a "christian" you are the biggest jerk running on a thread that is filled with so many unbelievers, why don't you follow the example and wisdom of Sora and his wife Seraphine?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#489453 Feb 17, 2013
The Son of God Music Ministry
He Will Increase

Jesus: "Then He called the crowd to Him along with His disciples and said: "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross AND FOLLOW Me.

Jesus (Speaking to those on His right): "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you SINCE the creation of the world...

Jesus (Speaking to those on His left): "...‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels...

'...they will go away to eternal punishment, BUT THE RIGHTEOUS to eternal life.'”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 4 min It aint necessari... 170
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 12 min Enough is enough 42
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Truth-be-Told 87,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 665,112
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 28 min Caesar 5
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 52 min Peter Ross 444
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 284,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web