“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489357 Feb 16, 2013
Note that the book of Enoch IS in the Ethiopian Orthodox and Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Bibles.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#489358 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you have broken the "banned book" barrier, here is a quick read for you:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm
Thanks, I down loaded it! LOL I have seen the book at Barns and Noble, but never picked it up. I have to go back and reread the other, I was fascinated by it. I would like to study it this week. I can only take a little of this at a time! LOL

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489359 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have learned with experience, to let Jesus guide the way. I do feel that he led me on here to learn things from others. I am so glad you mentioned that. There was so much that has coincided with experience. I do have to say I did some research and most things did line up with scripture. I know why it was left out, I don't know if you figured it out, but when I read it, I laughed and said that's it! What a shame.... I will leave it at that....;)
It's been quite some time since I read it through. Ya have ta remember who ran the show and what they were at the time too.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489360 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I down loaded it! LOL I have seen the book at Barns and Noble, but never picked it up. I have to go back and reread the other, I was fascinated by it. I would like to study it this week. I can only take a little of this at a time! LOL
Ya. It's kinda like sipp'n whisky ain't it!~! LOL!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489361 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I down loaded it! LOL I have seen the book at Barns and Noble, but never picked it up. I have to go back and reread the other, I was fascinated by it. I would like to study it this week. I can only take a little of this at a time! LOL
The Gospel of Thomas is considered by many scholars to be the earliest gospel we have a copy of.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489362 Feb 16, 2013
Note that the Book of Enoch was rejected as scripture by Judaism long before Christianity made their Bible.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#489363 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You do ? Please share.
The fallen angels, shepherds and the apostates would be judged and put in Tartarus together.

I took it as false prophets, false priests, false teachers and the apostates are the ones who were the departure from ones religion. Another meaning meant turned their back on, speak against. To me, that means to speak against God/blasphmey, not the religion.


Most people don't want to hear about the fallen angels, let alone hell. It speaks quite clearly on it. Now I know why the Catholics during an excorsism asks the victim what the demons name is. They want to know what they are doing. Makes perfect sense. To the ones who does not believe, or would call a fairy tale, they would have no idea what the information contained by knowing the names. That is why only the Bishops would get permission to do it. With the knowledge of that, people can be helped faster. But, most people don't believe as the Catholics and some Protestants in that area.

Interesting the Orthodox Church uses it in their Bible, I really have not studied their beliefs that much, just stuck with my own.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#489364 Feb 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya. It's kinda like sipp'n whisky ain't it!~! LOL!
Well, I don't drink but if I get sick a bit of peppermint schnapps and peppermint tea comes in real nice with a bad sore throat, helps you sleep a bit better too! LOL Hot toddys;) Medicinal purposes only! ;)
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#489365 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Note that the Book of Enoch was rejected as scripture by Judaism long before Christianity made their Bible.
I read that for the first 300 years it was out there and studied. Some even thought that Jesus had read it and studied it. But, there was no real proof of that. After the 300 years somebody got their feathers ruffled and wanted it burned. They thought they got all of the copies but they didn't it found it's way back. When I read that all I could think of was what a shame... I gotta get off, my back is killing me, but I Feel Alive!!!!!!!!!!LOL Church in the morning so yall have a good night!:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489366 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
The fallen angels, shepherds and the apostates would be judged and put in Tartarus together.
I took it as false prophets, false priests, false teachers and the apostates are the ones who were the departure from ones religion. Another meaning meant turned their back on, speak against. To me, that means to speak against God/blasphmey, not the religion.
Most people don't want to hear about the fallen angels, let alone hell. It speaks quite clearly on it. Now I know why the Catholics during an excorsism asks the victim what the demons name is. They want to know what they are doing. Makes perfect sense. To the ones who does not believe, or would call a fairy tale, they would have no idea what the information contained by knowing the names. That is why only the Bishops would get permission to do it. With the knowledge of that, people can be helped faster. But, most people don't believe as the Catholics and some Protestants in that area.
Interesting the Orthodox Church uses it in their Bible, I really have not studied their beliefs that much, just stuck with my own.
Interesting thoughts.

Thanks.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489367 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't drink but if I get sick a bit of peppermint schnapps and peppermint tea comes in real nice with a bad sore throat, helps you sleep a bit better too! LOL Hot toddys;) Medicinal purposes only! ;)
LOL I might blame it on that stuff too! Hahahah!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489368 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that for the first 300 years it was out there and studied. Some even thought that Jesus had read it and studied it. But, there was no real proof of that. After the 300 years somebody got their feathers ruffled and wanted it burned. They thought they got all of the copies but they didn't it found it's way back. When I read that all I could think of was what a shame... I gotta get off, my back is killing me, but I Feel Alive!!!!!!!!!!LOL Church in the morning so yall have a good night!:)
NITE!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489369 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that for the first 300 years it was out there and studied. Some even thought that Jesus had read it and studied it. But, there was no real proof of that. After the 300 years somebody got their feathers ruffled and wanted it burned. They thought they got all of the copies but they didn't it found it's way back. When I read that all I could think of was what a shame... I gotta get off, my back is killing me, but I Feel Alive!!!!!!!!!!LOL Church in the morning so yall have a good night!:)
Correct. Starting around 325 AD the Roman Emperors and Church attempted to burn all books they didn;t like and kill everyone who didn;t follow their version of Christinity. Their religion (Modern Christianity) and books (The Bible) have been (almost) the sole form of Christianity for the last 1700 years.

That is not opinion, that is historical fact.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#489370 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
The fallen angels, shepherds and the apostates would be judged and put in Tartarus together.
I took it as false prophets, false priests, false teachers and the apostates are the ones who were the departure from ones religion. Another meaning meant turned their back on, speak against. To me, that means to speak against God/blasphmey, not the religion.
Most people don't want to hear about the fallen angels, let alone hell. It speaks quite clearly on it. Now I know why the Catholics during an excorsism asks the victim what the demons name is. They want to know what they are doing. Makes perfect sense. To the ones who does not believe, or would call a fairy tale, they would have no idea what the information contained by knowing the names. That is why only the Bishops would get permission to do it. With the knowledge of that, people can be helped faster. But, most people don't believe as the Catholics and some Protestants in that area.
Interesting the Orthodox Church uses it in their Bible, I really have not studied their beliefs that much, just stuck with my own.
Bonsoir mon amie, in regards to exorcisms the Catholic Church has clear guidelines on such things they do a thorough investigation into the matter before taking further action. Sora and I witnessed quite a few in our time, as you know we are Catholic. We are keen to study the beliefs of all people even in so-called animistic faiths they believe in exorcism the danger in this however is what if the person has a mental illness? Or I have heard (and seen people die) stories where people have been killed during excorcisms which is why I believe it must be done by a professional and one whom has been formally ordained like our Parish Priest.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#489371 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Starting around 325 AD the Roman Emperors and Church attempted to burn all books they didn;t like and kill everyone who didn;t follow their version of Christinity. Their religion (Modern Christianity) and books (The Bible) have been (almost) the sole form of Christianity for the last 1700 years.
That is not opinion, that is historical fact.
Bonsoir mon ami in this you are correct. Sora and I have witnessed horrific atrocities commited in the name of the Christian faith. In regards to the bible there are many versions and we follow the 66 books as well as the Apocryphas we aalso are familiar with Gnoticism and the destruction of the Cathar community is horrific in its scope. I had ancestors whom were among the murdered and also those who did the killing.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#489372 Feb 16, 2013
*Gnosticism*

*Also*

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489373 Feb 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami in this you are correct. Sora and I have witnessed horrific atrocities commited in the name of the Christian faith. In regards to the bible there are many versions and we follow the 66 books as well as the Apocryphas we aalso are familiar with Gnoticism and the destruction of the Cathar community is horrific in its scope. I had ancestors whom were among the murdered and also those who did the killing.
Hi Seraphine.

Many have been murdered simply for their thoughts. It is shamelful.

I always think of the verse "Jesus wept".

The shortest sentence in the English Bible and the longest one in the world.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489374 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
why don't you tell me what I got wrong?
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Still? You still don't know? Here is the last time I answered that for you:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

And Tide has answered it for you at least twice.

This what makes you Dim. You're unteachable. There is no way to get an idea from my head into yours. The usual method - coding the thought as words, typing them, posting them, and you reading them, accomplishes zero. You still don't know.

And of course, that is what caused me to post "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more." It's maddening dealing with you.

This never would have turned into the issue that it has if you were merely functionally illiterate - and you are. You perform like somebody who cannot read, or who can barely read. You don't seem to be able to look at a word and not garble it in the uptake, as you did when you converted "evidence" to "proof".

Nor can you plead ignorance. You were asked repeatedly to stop paraphrasing me - use my exact words or drop your claim. You refused.

Still, that was not your biggest crime. You amped it up by going on the offensive. You're not only too proud to beg me to forgive you, you're too proud to consider that you might have made a mistake or be at fault.

And your reaction has been to intensify your maligning.

My response? Game on. I haven't been in a flame war like this since perhaps with Buck Crick in 2011. I suppose it's good to hone ones chops now and then, although you have made this child's play.

BTW, somebody - Grace, I believe - posted that people like me are sent here by your god as a test. Obviously, I don't. But just as obviously, you should. And you are obviously failing it miserably. You'd apparently rather risk the opprobrium of your peers and the wrath of your god than beg forgiveness.

What is anybody who is reading along to think about how your Christianity affects you? You're supposed to be filled with a powerful Holy Spirit to guide you. You were promised it. That's obviously a sham promise. There's no power in you. There's no Spirit. There has been no transformation. There's just you wagging your finger at people like me and your self-forgiveness for the messes you make and walk away from.

That's what Christianity has done for Skombolis. And that's one of Christianity's main appeals - evading guilt. You have a lot to feel guilt and shame about. Do you really deserve to be comfortable with it?

Is it good that your beliefs allow you to be comfortable with whatever you do? I think that they simply enable you to go on offending, but without any punishment from your conscience, which is now likely nearly silenced by your dogma. You're not perfect, just forgiven, remember?

You can do anything to anybody, because your god will forgive you, right? He already has. Because you are he. He is a fabrication of your own imagination, and he tells you that you are forgiven.

I tell you that you are not.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489375 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
He never said he would require proof. He said he would require evidence.

There is a difference between proof and evidence.

If you are out in the woods, and find two walnuts on the ground, that is evidence of something. It might be evidence that there is a walnut tree nearby. It's not proof of that. It could be evidence that the walnuts were dropped there by an animal. I would believe, based on reasonably sufficient evidence, that if I found a thousand walnuts under a tree, that that tree is a walnut tree. It still might not be a walnut tree, however. That sufficient evidence would not be proof.

Do you need IANS to tell you? He cleared this up in a post already.
Skombolis wrote:
No he didn't. He has yet to answer what I got wrong. You say he explained it already? Then tell me what he said I got wrong
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Again? He just did, sheet-fer-brains. Look at Tide's first two sentences. They are the strings of characters that come after his name above, the phrase that begins with a capital "T." Look at the top of this post for a character that looks like this "T". it will be followed by a "i", a "d" and an "e". Take your time.

Now go get an adult to tell you what the words mean.

How dare you insist for three months that I am a liar when you can't read or understand words? And this is being generous - giving you the benefit of the doubt that you still don't understand. I can't really believe that.
unicornhorn

Voorhees, NJ

#489376 Feb 16, 2013
can i ask you a question.. if the bible says that what goes around comes around..

then you realize that merely existing near someone is a form of giving..

so is yelling..

you get every single thing back..

or you become everything that is thrown at you..

so but until you realize this you don't have any real free will..

and even when you do you don't.. because even on a macroscopic scale there was a set frame of words destined for you to say

and actions for you to take.. and me..

you wanna say to yourself that the virtual world cannot be affected by gods laws..

but it is not separate from the real world.. it's just a tool used to interact with other minds.. and play pretend..

so you are still interacting in the real world.. with a virtual world and gods laws still apply..

giving a physica... platform to perform scientific tests to prove gods word as true..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 3 min Seentheotherside 221,763
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Pokay 269,171
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Christian with Jesus 810,808
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Liam 574,724
Any son's ever see there mom's having sex with ... 45 min Jon 3
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 48 min Seentheotherside 1,053
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 54 min superwilly 69,808
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 55 min Liam 39,685
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr Freebird 176,072
More from around the web