Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489393 Feb 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
From Wiki:

"Self-actualization' is a term that has been used in various psychology theories, often in slightly different ways. The term was originally introduced by the organismic theorist Kurt Goldstein for the motive to realize one's full potential. In his view, it is the organism's master motive, the only real motive: "the tendency to actualize itself as fully as possible is the basic drive...the drive of self-actualization."
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Is Wikipedia Reliable?
Yes, if you know how do use it.

Fact checking is essential where relevant. There are references provided in many articles, and one is free to Google any matter needing clarification or confirmation, as I just did with your name. I hadn't noticed that it was "heaven's angel" spelled backwards until I did. From Wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevaeh

"Nevaeh is a modern feminine name created by writing the word heaven backwards."

What it mostly is is very helpful, as it was in my Wiki citation on self-actualization above. Did you find any fault in it, trying to learn how to use Wiki, or merely wishing to undermine my comment or Wiki with innuendo?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#489394 Feb 17, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour mon ami, here then is my testimony to our ideals. As you and others here now I am a Creole and an art restorer and painter. Many of my clientele are active bigots, a contradiction? I think not. Two days ago one of my higher paying clients came to me who is a member of the KKK. After much hesitation and shuffling of feet (This man is 6"4 I am a mere 5"3) he told me he did not have all of the money, he greeted Sora as always with a nod and a wave which is always reciprocated. He then explained to me his mother was in the hospital for Leaukemia and he did not have the money to cover the treatments, the poor woman is barely clinging to life we have seen her. I gave him a check for a large amount of money. We are wealthy but we believe our money is no good unless we help other people, all people we can one at a time. He began to cry, Sora and I embrace him and he begins to cry harder why? He can feel our love and compassion. We invited him to dinner Sora cooked as usual. Afterwards he left. I have wonderful news her Cancer is in remission, it is wonderful to know that love and kindness are the most powerful tools we as human beings possess. Thankfully we make use of those every day. He also resigned from the Klan this morning, he tells us that his eyes have been opened through his dealing with us. As we stated we treat all people equally bigots included. Hava a wonderful morning and I hope my testimony inspires people to help others in a small way.
That is a very heart warming testimony Seraphine and we should all give God the glory, the love of our Lord Jesus Christ is truly in your heart and Sora's heart as well, God truly does work miracles in the lives of so many, your Godly actions not only changed the heart of a racist but it healed his terminally ill mother as well, again this is a wonderful testimony and one that I am not ashamed to admit have watered my eyes somewhat in reading it.

Again may God richly Bless the two of you for your selfless acts many times over,Peace.

Fennario

#489395 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Evidence is not proof, although you cannot prove anything without evidence.
If somebody has been shot, and your fingerprints are found on the gun used for the shooting, this is evidence that you were the shooter.
If you produce a traffic citation showing that you were elsewhere at the time of the shooting, this is evidence that you were not the shooter.
The fingerprints, and the citation, are evidence.
Not proof.
Proof requires evidence that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true. In my example, there is evidence that you were the shooter, and there is evidence that you were not the shooter. Proof has not been established.
In my line of work, conflicting evidence is commonplace.
Excellent. And thanks.

One minor quibble - there is another kind of proof that depends only on argument, not physical evidence: a mathematical or logical proof, such as the proof of the Pythagorean theorem.

Proof is an interesting subject. So is evidence.

Unless you're a dullard that can't make a distinction between them.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#489396 Feb 17, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Sn,
So... we meet!
Be blessed.
Doc has been a friend for a long time here.
((((IRRIRA))))

I'M still here, remember me?(:

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#489397 Feb 17, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Amen to that.

Fennario

#489398 Feb 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
For most people the words [proof and evidence] are interchangeable
Even if you are correct, so what? Such people - and you appear to be one - are wrong. This is why I didn't want you changing my words. You're not qualified.
Skombolis wrote:
But even going by your usage then proof would be a higher standard correct?
What? You read words and learned? Pass the smelling salts.

I bet you forget by tomorrow.
Skombolis wrote:
So if someone believes it is possible creator gods exist (just as they think many things are possible), what would be wrong about saying someone would require proof before they would believe in them?
Nothing, if that's what they actually said. When you did it with me, what was wrong with it is that it is incorrect. I am much more precise and rigorous in my thinking than you are, and don't want you passing off your inferior ideas as having come from my pen.

And I sure as hell won't let you call me a liar unchallenged after you have.

Fennario

#489399 Feb 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
It clearly is an accurate statement unless IANS is going to say he believes its possible creator gods exist but proof wouldn't convince him
Your brain is absolutely useless to you. Your paraphrasing of my words is inaccurate. Obviously, if I might be convinced by good evidence, I would be convinced by proof.
Skombolis wrote:
And the context of this conversation was my making the point that if it is possible creator gods exist then he can't say for a fact (like he has many times) that even if God exists that Jesus does not. By his own admission it is possible and he can't rule it out
No, Dim. "A creator god" is not equivalent to "Jesus." A creator god might exist, but if so, it definitely isn't Jehovah-Jesus.
Skombolis wrote:
But because he didn't want to admit that instead he simply replied "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
You have no idea what that means either, do you - despite it being explained ad nauseum.
Skombolis wrote:
Of course that makes it look like he is denying he said creator gods exist.
Only to a dimwit.
Skombolis wrote:
Just like he is trying to say he wasn't slamming the character of Christians but rather a doctrine that would allow Christians with bad character to use a loophole. It is the same thing since his statement implied all Christians and he made no attempt to qualify "some"
See above.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#489400 Feb 17, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry Grace but I have to add to your post.:
Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven , neither in this world,neither in the world to come.
Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29) But, he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
I know you think that because Jesus had not died on the cross yet that grace did not apply to when he said this. But, I do not think that any of his teachings were void, that would have made his dying on the cross in vain. His last three years were for a purpose. His teachings still apply. Grace was for the believers not the unbelievers. He died so that all would believe,...in return they received his grace. Right?
Good early morning Knowledge, I've never posted to you before, but as I will always agree with what the Lord Jeus have taught and what the scriptures have said ( and that TOO is Christ in book form ), I also agree what your assessment has well.

Blessings.

Fennario

#489401 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are truly interested, read The Morality of Law, by Lon Fuller.
Not an easy read, but thought-provoking and eye-opening.
Fuller was my law professor, a long time ago. A great man.
Are you a Harvard law graduate?

[I got that tidbit from Wiki]

Fennario

#489402 Feb 17, 2013
I do not recall using 'I suppose, on any posts, so please get your story straight.
AnnieJ wrote:
You are right...I went back and checked...you did not say "I suppose" it was "I don't guess". My apologies.
LOL.

It's like the Twilight Zone in here. My guy says two different things are the same, and yours does it in reverse.

Fennario

#489403 Feb 17, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
you are nobody to send you apolologies from every person demanded by you
I didn't ask for an apology, Latka. Your mind is as inefficient as your buddy's. I was quite clear that I need a sincere request for forgiveness. They are different. With Juicy, I settled for an apology, but I won't with Dim. He needs to beg forgiveness. He should consider that his god is speaking through me.

But why am I telling you?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#489404 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, if you know how do use it.
Fact checking is essential where relevant. There are references provided in many articles, and one is free to Google any matter needing clarification or confirmation, as I just did with your name. I hadn't noticed that it was "heaven's angel" spelled backwards until I did. From Wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevaeh
"Nevaeh is a modern feminine name created by writing the word heaven backwards."
What it mostly is is very helpful, as it was in my Wiki citation on self-actualization above. Did you find any fault in it, trying to learn how to use Wiki, or merely wishing to undermine my comment or Wiki with innuendo?
It is also is no big mystery that my avatar name is 'Heavens Angel.' You are not the first with that revelation... Lol
As for Wiki, I don't use it, as it is somewhat unreliable for me, If it works for you, then great...
As for undermining, no, just pointing out something useful for all, that had been brought to my attention by one of my college professors...

Fennario

#489405 Feb 17, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that I found this just now.
I tried to write a letter...a letter from a gay son's mom. I wanted to try and explain how difficult it is to hear/read these things. I got part way through it and just deleted it.
I have fought for this son of mine from the moment he was conceived. I am weary I guess...
There is so much that I would like to say...try to make others understand.
I thank all of you that care enough to make a stand.
I need a break...I think that I will just go and be my son's mother.
You do that, Annie. Leave this battle to those of us that don't have such responsibilities.

We can make this a better world for people like your son. But we're going to need to push an ugly beast aside to do so - the Christian church.

Sorry, Christians. Your personal faith is your business, and none of my own. But your church is my business. It's everybody's business. I has made itself that.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#489406 Feb 17, 2013
I hadn't noticed that it was "heaven's angel" spelled backwards until I did. From Wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevaeh
The screen name also anagrams out to: Gehenna slave.

hahahaa

Just thought I'd point that out.

Fennario

#489407 Feb 17, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
fart
this is my discussions with phisicians like you-he he heeeeeeeee
Yeah, I remember you. You were the guy who sat in my swivel stool bare assed and left a brown pyramid on it. I had to throw it out.

Anyway, I'm going to need a urine sample, a fecal sample, and a semen sample, so just leave your shorts. I'll send them to the lab.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#489408 Feb 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The screen name also anagrams out to: Gehenna slave.
hahahaa
Just thought I'd point that out.
I already knew that too...

Fennario

#489409 Feb 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
It appears as if he(DimSkom) doesn't want to provide the post in which your actual words>>> "the conversation" are located. He provides the link to the post in which he made a claim concerning what you said. He even provides a definition of the word you said you used.. But not the word he said you used. What's up?
It's a mystery.

DimSkom - LOL. How about Dim Il-Skom, the dick tater ... the pud spud?
scaritual wrote:
Why doesn't he provide "proof", of what you said? Why doesn't he just link the post with the actual conversation/exchange?
My answer would be because no such post exists that would support his claim. His answer has been that he doesn't feel like looking for it.
scaritual wrote:
He's doing everything but the one thing that would at the least, provide some evidence. Evidence that might lead to proof. Funny, that.
It's been an amazing spectacle.

He's got several of these bogus claims going: proof vs evidence, all Christians can vs. all Christians do, malpractice insurance rates vs. being sued or not being paid, gods are possible vs. Jesus is impossible, and I can't remember what else.

But he just keeps coming at me, liberally peppering his posts with "liar" and "bigot," and recently, quack.

So, I thought I'd show him some tough love and help him with his project of becoming a man.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#489410 Feb 17, 2013
Morning....It is **SONday***

“The greatest deception men suffer
is from their own opinions.”

~ Leonardo da Vinci

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#489411 Feb 17, 2013
Today's Prayer

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto You" (Matthew 6:33). God, I want to seek you with all my heart. I want to be covered in the righteousness of Christ. I know that the things of this earth shall all pass away and only the treasure laid up in heaven will count. Please let my life count for Your Kingdom. May my rewards be spiritual blessings. Thank you, Lord.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#489412 Feb 17, 2013
Encouraging Words....

The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged.

Psalm 69:32

K-Love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 100,158
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min RiversideRedneck 980,113
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 1 hr coco 57
Ring Payments 2 hr annaleighanne 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 10 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web