Location hidden

#489267 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Edit
that actually isn't even the first synonym listed. It is the actual definition
The definition for "evidence" listed is "proof"
http://thesaurus.com/browse/evidence
Let's talk about the character of a man that denies he said something based on regularly interchangeable words where one is defined as the other and not only denies that he said something but conveniently leaves out the reason he is denying it knowing people will assume he is denying he made the statement, not that he is denying it because someone used an interchangeable word
I notice not once did you bother to correct me and state that you did care about your patients and they weren't just a means to an end (money).
How many patients did you screw over with these tactics? You did the medical community a favor by retiring. Was it voluntary?
You're getting delusional now.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489268 Feb 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said BT... Some things don't need a long story!
Greetings and Salutations to you also Capt.
Truly PW.
;)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#489269 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Think how horrible it is to be born into a world that calls you a pervert and an abomination for being what you are.
Strange that I found this just now.

I tried to write a letter...a letter from a gay son's mom. I wanted to try and explain how difficult it is to hear/read these things. I got part way through it and just deleted it.

I have fought for this son of mine from the moment he was conceived. I am weary I guess...

There is so much that I would like to say...try to make others understand.

I thank all of you that care enough to make a stand.

I need a break...I think that I will just go and be my son's mother.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489271 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I didn't, although I believe that they are doing some horrible things in Uganda.
<quoted text>
I don't judge all Christians. And I don't judge individual church buildings and congregations - just the collective, its doctrine, its traditions and its institutions - abstractions all.
<quoted text>
Unbelievers don't really care about about that. We care what your church and its congregants do with those words and others.
<quoted text>
Islam just as vile and just as guilty as Christianity, but in another part of the world. They are responsible for the homophobia in the East. Religion is religion. What was the point of that?
fart
this is my discussions with phisicians like you-he he heeeeeeeee

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489272 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Christians..Please Stop dis-qualifying people. The blood of Jesus QUALIFIES ALL people. The blood of Christ is too great to be defeated by your sin. Jesus paid a great price on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24). Many Christians wrongly walk in the “conditional blessing” pattern of the Old Testament.( OLD COVENANT) Even as Christians, we often wrongly adhere to the “if / then” theology of the Old Covenant. That is, under the Old Covenant you got what you deserved. We are told to be kind, because God in Christ forgave us (Ephesians 4:32).
Well done, Grace. This is appropriate -policing your own. If you can reign in your own, nobody else need do it for you.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489273 Feb 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that I found this just now.
I tried to write a letter...a letter from a gay son's mom. I wanted to try and explain how difficult it is to hear/read these things. I got part way through it and just deleted it.
I have fought for this son of mine from the moment he was conceived. I am weary I guess...
There is so much that I would like to say...try to make others understand.
I thank all of you that care enough to make a stand.
I need a break...I think that I will just go and be my son's mother.
shut up
and start to post about Bible

this coward accuse me of discussions,only he doesn't have guts to chalenge my discussions with him,

just you and him all the time spreading sperm about gays and lesbians.NOT CS or me,
like this idiot "phisician" researching ingredints of cow manures and urines,
he claim that I discuss with them about his paranoidal schisphremnia disturbances about gays?

just shut up, wash your a... and start quote Bible around on those topics

even HL is very limited with her orientation

but you and this psycho all the time mambling this nonsense past 2 weeks
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489274 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Well done, Grace. This is appropriate -policing your own. If you can reign in your own, nobody else need do it for you.
farts
they are my discussions and debates with you and your frennies?

Fennario

#489275 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Non belief is the worse sin.
“Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.”- Mike Huben
trifecta1 wrote:
so you write this to agree with me that in Jesus view unbelief is the worse sin? thanks I suppose
Erm - you're very welcome.
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsH/743...
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489276 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting delusional now.
you already are delusional, and day dreamer,maniac and schosophrenic,

most scumbags like you have worsen situtation because after visions they see snakes, spiders, cocroaches entering nose and all holes,and end is very horible,worse from animal death

Fennario

#489277 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he doesn't. He has lots of Christian friends.
I might get this wrong, and IANS can correct me if so, but it's your religion and your religious leaders who lie to you that he's taken a stand against. I might be leaving out some things.
btw, RR, it's good to see you again :)
Yes, you are correct. People like RiversideRedneck and Skombolis just cannot learn however many times they read a correction. They are seldom correct, but never in doubt.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489278 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
fart this is my discussions and debates with clowns like you
(not gays and lesbians this is your"phisicain" passion"

just my are only farts

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#489279 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get upset. I pointed that the 'definition' of "species" is virtualy meaningless, ambiguous and varies by discipline.
You are the one attacking me (a few weeks now). I think you just hate to have your opinions put in question, esp. by another academic.
So, dogs and wolves ?
Hence I provided a definition of species based on genes rather than culturally constructed categories. I wrote that a species is more accurately seen as a loosely bounded gene pool that can be invaded by foreign genes. Gene pools are dynamic. Over time they change as novel genes arise from mutation and insertion events. Once you understand species this way, speciation makes a lot more sense.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489280 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Fart+2 more times Fart Fart
middle stage of my only discussions with coward like you,and most like you"phisician" with brain completly f.....up
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489281 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, you are correct. People like RiversideRedneck and Skombolis just cannot learn however many times they read a correction. They are seldom correct, but never in doubt.
fart fart fart
middle stage of any debates and discussions with you"phisician"

you claim to be correct and never doubt=also Dr Shrink assume your HIG IQ PHISICIAN AS FART

Some stable somewhere

#489282 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Hello Sweetie!
I am not questioning you or your field. What I am trying to point out is that when you use the word "species" you are opening a Pandoras box of ambiguity and misrepresentation, not only within the community at large but within academic disciplines as well.
You have parameters within your research and experiments and use labels and margins of error that are not the same as within other disciples and certainly not within the lay community.
As for "attacking" LOL ours is interdisciple muckraking. If you want "attacks" we will have to best "Red Apples v. G_O_D
I have interdisciplinary arguements with myself, anthropology, history and computer science are about as disparate as one can get.
You are not a "loser" and have much to offer. I like you but I doubt we could ever work in the same lab without a referee. I bet dinner and a movie would be great though.
I would welcome you in my home anytime. If you are ever in the Philly area let me know.
<quoted text>
Ah, now I think the problem has been my insecurity the whole time. I apologize, Duane.

I am a loser, though, you don't know me :)

I suspect it would be a lot easier to communicate face to face than over email, so we could probably work in the same lab without a referee.
Knowledge

United States

#489283 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lucy,
Jesus had a BIG problem with the Pharisee's and Scribes. They were teachers of the Law. They demanded that the people keep the Law that they themselves could not keep. Jesus called the Pharisee's " Hypocries" seven different times and are now calling them blind guides!! WHY? Because the Pharisee's felt that honoring the Law and Traditions would get them closer to God.(In other words) They felt that they were above all others by their WORKS of the flesh (obedience) They honored God with lip service and not out of Love.( heart) It's a lot like an adult child who has moved out of their parents home..They are not "under" their parents rules anymore but out of LOVE and Honor..They still obey their parents rules because they WANT to, NOT because it is forced upon them..What some religious people dont seem to understand is that..Its NOT the "acts" of homosexuality, murder and such that keeps people away from God...Its their Unbelief. Unbelief is the ONLY unforgiven sin. Religion and its man made rules and hypocricy is what keeps people away from God...God Bless You Lucy
I am sorry Grace but I have to add to your post.:

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven , neither in this world,neither in the world to come.

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29) But, he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

I know you think that because Jesus had not died on the cross yet that grace did not apply to when he said this. But, I do not think that any of his teachings were void, that would have made his dying on the cross in vain. His last three years were for a purpose. His teachings still apply. Grace was for the believers not the unbelievers. He died so that all would believe,...in return they received his grace. Right?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489284 Feb 16, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I had company this morning, as soon as they left, I got right back at it. I found myself I could not put it down till I finished. Wow. I am glad you got me wondering. I was amazed that I could get it all on the net for free. Now, I have to study it, not just read it, I really enjoyed it.......Thanks again!
Be careful with what you have learned. Many in the churches will burn you simply for it's mention. Sometimes it is better to realize its relevance in silence as you ponder the knowledge, and slowly introduce it to those who would misinterpret your intent, and consider you as an enemy. Let your Jesus be your example.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489285 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
For most people the words are interchangeable
But even going by your usage then proof would be a higher standard correct?
So if someone believes it is possible creator gods exist (just as they think many things are possible), what would be wrong about saying someone would require proof before they would believe in them?
It clearly is an accurate statement unless IANS is going to say he believes its possible creator gods exist but proof wouldn't convince him
And the context of this conversation was my making the point that if it is possible creator gods exist then he can't say for a fact (like he has many times) that even if God exists that Jesus does not. By his own admission it is possible and he can't rule it out
But because he didn't want to admit that instead he simply replied "Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
Of course that makes it look like he is denying he said creator gods exist. But because he didn't want to concede the point I was making he made a blanket denial without bothering to say it was because I used the term proof not evidence. I had to ask him half a dozen times before he would come out and say this was the reason because he knew he was using a technicality to give an impression that was false.
Just like he is trying to say he wasn't slamming the character of Christians but rather a doctrine that would allow Christians with bad character to use a loophole. It is the same thing since his statement implied all Christians and he made no attempt to qualify "some"
Honest people don't have to use technicalities and synonyms as excuses to deny something they said. A good comparison would be the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. In the spirit of honesty he is lying by not saying he is denying he said it based on the use of a synonym. And in the letter of the law he is just plain lying when he says he didn't imply Christians lack empathy for those they hurt
Adults shouldn't have to play these games but I guess when someone's pride is so great that they will stoop to any low before conceding a point that is what they do. He has been called on it by other posters as well. He has done it in here quite a few times including with Juicy saying she had him all wrong saying all or most Christians are indoctrinated and then went on to say Christians think how they do because of what their church teaches them
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and so on. IANS is not honest and as far as I am concerned anyone who is can see the difference between honesty and semantic games.
I'm honest, and it looks to me like you're trying to get away with calling someone a liar and bigot using your own deluded version of that person that you see inside your brain.

The strawman version of IANS that you project is your enemy.

Fennario

#489286 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Hi Ians.. You DO realize that you are just as judgemental as the Christians who are judging you..right??
I certainly hope so.
Grace Walker wrote:
There isn't a whole lot of difference between you and believers except the aspect of God.
I think that there is.
Grace Walker wrote:
What kind of Doctor are you?
Retired internist and hospice medical director.
Grace Walker wrote:
Do you care what peoples beliefs are when you are examining them or whatever it is that you do as a doctor.
No.
Grace Walker wrote:
Have you ever had a patient ask you if you believe in God?
Yes. I've had them leave me religious tracts.
Grace Walker wrote:
Would you work harder to save somebody if they were not a Christian?
No.

Some stable somewhere

#489287 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I want my students to have the opportunities that my daughter was denied and that she later rejected.
It is ultimately a selfish pursuit.
Whatever makes you improve the education of young people and the education system itself is positive. If you gain selfish pleasure from helping others achieve education, I really can't call that selfish!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Mr Wiggley 64,637
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min HipGnosis 183,220
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min mpetershat 654,425
Jessica Fellers in Clinton TN 41 min Newport30 1
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 55 min Hyunkle 21
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 55 min MUQ2 45,288
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 504
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr Banonator 106,610
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 281,954
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Gabriel 973,952
More from around the web