Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#489246 Feb 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are truly interested, read The Morality of Law, by Lon Fuller.
Not an easy read, but thought-provoking and eye-opening.
Fuller was my law professor, a long time ago. A great man.
Cheers ~ I'll look it up later :)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#489247 Feb 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not recall using 'I suppose, on any posts, so please get your story straight.
If your going to resort to name calling, I don't mind being called a bigot on the organization of NAMBLA, I do think they evil.
You do a good job of cutting down Christianity also, do I detect a little two-faced person in you?
Your are right...I went back and checked...you did not say "I suppose" it was "I don't guess". My apologies.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

"Not all pedophiles are gay, I dont guess, but a lot are, and they admit to that. Yes there are hetrosexuals that are pedophiles."

Could you please show me where you feel as if I have been two-faced concerning Christianity. Just as I went back and checked my accuracy regarding your statement...I am sure that you will do the same for me. If I said anything that I feel is inaccurate I will gladly apologize for that also.

Thank you in advance.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#489248 Feb 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I will say this...
Jesus spoke against those "pharisees" because they were forwarding conditions of "men" upon "man", and he knew they were meaningless edicts in the light of love and light.
For that he was "eliminated" as an influence.
That is it in a nutshell.
Well said BT... Some things don't need a long story!
Greetings and Salutations to you also Capt.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#489249 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>GOD did not say HE was flawless!
Again, this has to be pointed out, and it's the first time with you.

I didn't say that.

But it does state that numerous times in the bible.

For instance: CJB Deuteronomy 32:4 The Rock! His work is perfect, for all his ways are just. A trustworthy God who does no wrong, he is righteous and straight.(Deu 32:4 CJB)

Another translation: TNK Deuteronomy 32:4 The Rock!-- His deeds are perfect, Yea, all His ways are just; A faithful God, never false, True and upright is He.(Deu 32:4 TNK)

Those aren't my words.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489251 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
??
Yeah IANS jr there is a difference between masturbation and murder in that context.
In the context of making a jab or a slam on Christianity the result is the same. The intent was a negative portrayal of Christians
Are you really this dense or are you just willing to stoop to being this dishonest to try to cover for IANS?
What? He was just butchering his meat?

You've got a dirty mind.

Aren't "butcher" and "beat" the same thing?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489252 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
I really can't understand why all the discussion on whether or not people are gay. Let them get married; it is not up to us to say they cannot get married, it is between each of us and GOD how we are Judged.
American Christians seem to think that they have an obligation to prevent gays from marrying. They actively denounce the idea, pour obscene amounts of money into a democratic process degraded by that money, and vote disproportionately against gay rights.

Then they come here and continue in their hate speech and scapegoating, claiming that it is righteous and loving.
Serah wrote:
And the governments are failing and so are the Churches. And we knew this would happen because it is written in the Book of Revelation; and no real effort has been made to stop what was revealed.
Why would you try to stop governments form failing, or the apocalyptic destruction of the world, if you believe that they are ordained by a loving god? Many of us consider such teaching dangerous. It breeds complacency - complicity even.
Serah wrote:
Let us talk about how the gay suffer ~ I know much of that first hand, but let us leave their private sex lives out of it.
I thought that you wanted to discuss how gays suffer. We don't need to discuss the bedroom to do that. When they suffer as gays, it is at the hands of homophobes, which I believe is entirely the handiwork of the Christian church in the West. When gays suffer from homophobia, it is probably not so much in the bedroom as it is in the public sphere.

The only discussion I see of gay sex on these threads is from people like Counter_Strike and Dr. Shrink.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489253 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
Let us leave all of our private sex lives out of it; and if one wants/needs to joke about sex, at least make it funny and not seductively offensive or personally directed at individuals.
Thanks. I hope you like these:

[1] A man is driving a truckload of marine animals across the California desert to Sea World, when his vehicle breaks down a few miles outside of a one-horse town. He gets a tow to the only garage there, where he is told that it will take a while to figure out what’s wrong, and that he should go across the street to the Dairy Queen to pass an hour.

The man returns to the garage from the DQ about an hour later with a smear of their soft serve vanilla on the corner of his mouth.

“It looks like you blew a seal”, the mechanic dutifully reported, after a thorough check-up under the hood.

“Nah,” said the man,“it’s just a little ice cream.”

[2] My neighbor found out her dog could hardly hear so she took it to the veterinarian. He found the problem was the hair in its ears, which he shaved. The vet told the lady if she wanted to keep this from reoccurring she should get some Nair hair remover, and rub in its ears once a month.

The lady goes to the drug store and requests the Nair. At the register the druggist tells her, "If you're going to use this under your arms don't use deodorant for a few days."

The lady says, "I'm not using it under my arms."

The druggist says, "If you're using it on your legs don't shave them or wear hose for a couple of days."

The lady says, "I'm not using it on my legs either. If you must know it's for my schnauzer."

The druggist says, "In that case, you should stay off your bicycle for a week."

[3] A woman visits her gynecologist complaining of a discharge and an itch "down there." After a history and pelvic exam, the physician begins charting.

"What's the verdict?" asks the woman, to which her doctor replies, "I think you have acute vaginitis."

"Thanks," she continues, "but what do you think is wrong with it?"

[4] The captain of a commercial jet made an announcement over the cabin's PA system informing the passengers that the Grand Canyon was now visible out of the left side of the airplane.

He set his hand controls down, not realizing that the voice activation button was still depressed, and that he was still broadcasting to the passengers in the cabin. He turned to his copilot, and jokingly commented that he could sure use a cup of coffee and a blow job about then, and everybody in the cabin heard him.

In horror, the stewardess begins running toward the cockpit to apprise the captain of the disaster. As she runs past him, a passenger on the aisle shouts, "Don't forget the coffee!"

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489254 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
LOL and btw the words being compared were beat and butcher and were interchangeable as one said he butchered the man to death and the other said he beat the man to death. You change "the man to death" to "his meat"
Do you butcher other peoples words, or beat them?
Skombolis wrote:
Of course if you totally change what you are talking about, from murder to masturbation a word is going to be used differently in context
Duh. That is why your butcher beating example was irrelevant to the discussion.
Skombolis wrote:
But since you say you would rather go by who made the original comment, why don't you tell me what I got wrong?
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
IANS no say proof. IANS say evidence.

You learn. Long time. Take long time, but you learn.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489255 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
i didn't think you would:)
After all you don't understand how jab and slam mean the same thing when used as an insult
Jab and slam are on opposite ends of the insult scale.

Stop insulting me for being smarter than you.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489256 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What? He was just butchering his meat?
You've got a dirty mind.
Aren't "butcher" and "beat" the same thing?
butcher is completly different meaning from beating

you can beat to the point and give a rest,
but if you are butcher you are like killer-

also masturbation is not buchering own meet(he would have to use not hand nly long butcher knife for pigs,

but he daily beat his meet, and there is not any result only few tears flows from his beating meet

so
understood doctors terms?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489257 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I hope you like these:
[1] A man is driving a truckload of marine animals across the California desert to Sea World, when his vehicle breaks down a few miles outside of a one-horse town. He gets a tow to the only garage there, where he is told that it will take a while to figure out what’s wrong, and that he should go across the street to the Dairy Queen to pass an hour.
The man returns to the garage from the DQ about an hour later with a smear of their soft serve vanilla on the corner of his mouth.
“It looks like you blew a seal”, the mechanic dutifully reported, after a thorough check-up under the hood.
“Nah,” said the man,“it’s just a little ice cream.”
[2] My neighbor found out her dog could hardly hear so she took it to the veterinarian. He found the problem was the hair in its ears, which he shaved. The vet told the lady if she wanted to keep this from reoccurring she should get some Nair hair remover, and rub in its ears once a month.
The lady goes to the drug store and requests the Nair. At the register the druggist tells her, "If you're going to use this under your arms don't use deodorant for a few days."
The lady says, "I'm not using it under my arms."
The druggist says, "If you're using it on your legs don't shave them or wear hose for a couple of days."
The lady says, "I'm not using it on my legs either. If you must know it's for my schnauzer."
The druggist says, "In that case, you should stay off your bicycle for a week."
[3] A woman visits her gynecologist complaining of a discharge and an itch "down there." After a history and pelvic exam, the physician begins charting.
"What's the verdict?" asks the woman, to which her doctor replies, "I think you have acute vaginitis."
"Thanks," she continues, "but what do you think is wrong with it?"
[4] The captain of a commercial jet made an announcement over the cabin's PA system informing the passengers that the Grand Canyon was now visible out of the left side of the airplane.
He set his hand controls down, not realizing that the voice activation button was still depressed, and that he was still broadcasting to the passengers in the cabin. He turned to his copilot, and jokingly commented that he could sure use a cup of coffee and a blow job about then, and everybody in the cabin heard him.
In horror, the stewardess begins running toward the cockpit to apprise the captain of the disaster. As she runs past him, a passenger on the aisle shouts, "Don't forget the coffee!"
fart
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489258 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
American Christians seem to think that they have an obligation to prevent gays from marrying. They actively denounce the idea, pour obscene amounts of money into a democratic process degraded by that money, and vote disproportionately against gay rights.
Then they come here and continue in their hate speech and scapegoating, claiming that it is righteous and loving.
<quoted text>
Why would you try to stop governments form failing, or the apocalyptic destruction of the world, if you believe that they are ordained by a loving god? Many of us consider such teaching dangerous. It breeds complacency - complicity even.
<quoted text>
I thought that you wanted to discuss how gays suffer. We don't need to discuss the bedroom to do that. When they suffer as gays, it is at the hands of homophobes, which I believe is entirely the handiwork of the Christian church in the West. When gays suffer from homophobia, it is probably not so much in the bedroom as it is in the public sphere.
The only discussion I see of gay sex on these threads is from people like Counter_Strike and Dr. Shrink.
great time to start discuss now
FARTS
You are expert of pants and pantalones people affairs
Fart

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489259 Feb 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion I don't think the homosexual chooses to be that way. I had a gay older cousin who at a young age (probably 6 or 7) remembers being attracted to a sailor in uniform.It had nothing to do with sex...just being attracted to him. He was brought up in a great upper class home...with a strong Father figure (My Uncle was a Policeman)...So I think he was born that way
Think how horrible it is to be born into a world that calls you a pervert and an abomination for being what you are. It makes me angry that the Christian church does this. Perhaps you can understand that many of us want it stopped by any means necessary, and don't really care how precious or sacred it is to the people who belong to it.

If you want the skeptics to back down and cease declaiming your church, simply police yourselves better. Rebuke your own that give others cause to resent and resist it.

You can heed or or not. It should be obvious we will prevail either way unless your dogma facilitates the catastrophe first with nuclear holocaust or global climate change. Either of those will send people flocking to church.

This doesn't have to be a war. You saw how Juicy and I chose to restructure our relationship, and now I have no issue with her. I will leave her alone and try to be as friendly as is possible given our recent past. It was never personal - simply me drawing a line in the sand and Juicy relenting for whatever her reasons.

It can be like that, or it can be like it is with Dim, who chooses to hunker down rather than stand down. It's an incredibly stupid strategy.

@ Dim - incidentally, even though I demanded that both you and Juicy ask for my forgiveness, I accepted an apology from Juicy. She never asked, she just proclaimed an apology. I was willing to accept her apology anyway. I wasn't interested in busting her balls.

Not you, meal worm. You've gone much too far. Now you've begun impugning my character as a physician. You will need to do much more than apologize, which apology would be rejected. You need to plead for forgiveness.

And don't assume my answer, either. It definitely won't be as easy for you, you moron.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489260 Feb 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are truly interested, read The Morality of Law, by Lon Fuller.
Not an easy read, but thought-provoking and eye-opening.
Fuller was my law professor, a long time ago. A great man.
morality law is in Bible
and yours are only FARTS

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489261 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>11,11 is in DNA ~(Topox 11,11) but when I Googled it just now, I couldn't find the site that I had found before. It is in my old laptop and although way over my head, fascinating :)
I am really not familiar with these websites or books. These are things that you speak of that I already know, and have known, even as a child...just different language perhaps. I was a bit taken back with the postings. Had you stated any such thing 200 to 2000 years ago, you would be burned or hanged, at the very least.
Even now some will misjudge you for your opine.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489262 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>11,11 is in DNA ~(Topox 11,11) but when I Googled it just now, I couldn't find the site that I had found before. It is in my old laptop and although way over my head, fascinating :)
It might interest you that the(physical) original communication was in binary also. The Hebrew Phonetic alphabet is numbered "22" and each is a particular harmonic or combinations of.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489263 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Think how horrible it is to be born into a world that calls you a pervert and an abomination for being what you are. It makes me angry that the Christian church does this. Perhaps you can understand that many of us want it stopped by any means necessary, and don't really care how precious or sacred it is to the people who belong to it.
If you want the skeptics to back down and cease declaiming your church, simply police yourselves better. Rebuke your own that give others cause to resent and resist it.
You can heed or or not. It should be obvious we will prevail either way unless your dogma facilitates the catastrophe first with nuclear holocaust or global climate change. Either of those will send people flocking to church.
This doesn't have to be a war. You saw how Juicy and I chose to restructure our relationship, and now I have no issue with her. I will leave her alone and try to be as friendly as is possible given our recent past. It was never personal - simply me drawing a line in the sand and Juicy relenting for whatever her reasons.
It can be like that, or it can be like it is with Dim, who chooses to hunker down rather than stand down. It's an incredibly stupid strategy.
@ Dim - incidentally, even though I demanded that both you and Juicy ask for my forgiveness, I accepted an apology from Juicy. She never asked, she just proclaimed an apology. I was willing to accept her apology anyway. I wasn't interested in busting her balls.
Not you, meal worm. You've gone much too far. Now you've begun impugning my character as a physician. You will need to do much more than apologize, which apology would be rejected. You need to plead for forgiveness.
And don't assume my answer, either. It definitely won't be as easy for you, you moron.
you are nobody to send you apolologies from every person demanded by you
you are POS not phisician,if you would any of this profession,you wouldn't seat like scumbag parasite all day long and post here against those older man and women claiming to be christiaan
You are maybe phisican from observing gays sex life,and prscribe lesbians what kind of AAA batery male devices they can buy to their bed?

he he he phiscian demaniding apologies from everybody'BGHWA BHGWA HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UUUU
YOU MADE JOKE OF THIS 2013 YEAR, AS DOOMSDAY PRELUDE BY YOUR CONSTANT FARTS

you are simple coward
dr Shrink great psychiatrist of souls and idiots like you,chalenged you to confess your diseases =posts.
YOU EVEN DIDN'T ANSWER TO THIS 2ND CHALENGE

You are phisician researching local dumpster full of dead maggots and parasities bacteria consumming old stinking food,and preparing their action to enter yout dead body all holes?
JUST FART IS THE BEST APOLOGY FOR YOU
mister phisicia nou-he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sick really sick creature you are?
Knowledge

United States

#489264 Feb 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I thought it quite amazing. There is a string running through it...one of mixed compassion and despair, yet exalting the need for it all.
I had company this morning, as soon as they left, I got right back at it. I found myself I could not put it down till I finished. Wow. I am glad you got me wondering. I was amazed that I could get it all on the net for free. Now, I have to study it, not just read it, I really enjoyed it.......Thanks again!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489265 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
Did you know they publicly hang homosexuals in this day and age?
No, I didn't, although I believe that they are doing some horrible things in Uganda.
Serah wrote:
it is not good to judge all Christians and the Churches
I don't judge all Christians. And I don't judge individual church buildings and congregations - just the collective, its doctrine, its traditions and its institutions - abstractions all.
Serah wrote:
because JESUS came with HIS message of love and peace and told us to love each other as we would love ourselves.
Unbelievers don't really care about about that. We care what your church and its congregants do with those words and others.
Serah wrote:
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad .com/atlas_shrugs/2009/05/stat e-department-hosts-gay-party-w hat-follows-public-hanging-par ty.html

Anyway, don't follow the link if you don't want to read up and see photos of people hanging, but just letting you know that this behaviour did not originate in the Christian Church, because any Church of Christ, by the words of JESUS HIMSELF, would be abhorred at the cruel treatment of human beings.
Islam just as vile and just as guilty as Christianity, but in another part of the world. They are responsible for the homophobia in the East. Religion is religion. What was the point of that?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489266 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
edit IANS
And lets use your own words here
"Your steadfast refusal to ask for forgiveness from the person that you have slandered - me, in this case - is the evidence supporting my argument."
Sooo...your argument is that Christians won't ask forgiveness for those they have injured and like you said earlier because they can just receive forgiveness from the sky
So like I have been saying all along, your post implied Christians lack empathy for those they hurt so long as they are forgiven
You denied that despite that is exactly what you think and exactly what you are arguing!
And since you made a blanket statement saying "Christians don't need to feel bad..." you were talking about all Christians. Just if someone said "black don't feel bad or women don't feel bad" about whatever.
You not only are a liar you are a bigot. And you can try to twist it anyway you like, the result is still the same. You impled Christians don't care about those they hurt and now even you are reinforcing that is what your argument is. You never said the word "some" when you made your statement. That is what made it bigoted. And instead of acknowledging that you should have, instead you have chosen to lie and lie and lie some more.
Visitors of the museum don't need to donate to enjoy the museum.

What am I implying, if anything, about how the visitors feel?

Is this a blanket statement about the visitors?

You should refrain from insulting people until you can comprehend things like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Chess Jurist 654,183
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Insults Are Easier 64,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 973,857
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 6 min Nathan 50
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min X Pendable 183,185
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min courteous europhobe 281,898
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 36 min Peter Ross 829
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 106,551
More from around the web