“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489192 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>who say persecuted mean victim?
ROFLMAO

Pleeaaase, take an ESL course!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#489193 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more.
Well, maybe this once.
I said that I need evidence. You changed that to "proof."
Your little mind apparently cannot wrap itself around the chasm of difference between evidence and proof. Even now you appear to be completely in the dark about that..
LOL

That's your claim?

That you denied it because I said "proof" not evidence"?

Here is the definition of "evidence"

n
1. ground for belief or disbelief; data on which to base proof or to establish truth or falsehood

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/evidence

If you had the evidence you would have proof. It is the same thing in that context. I can see where IANS jr gets his differences between "jab" and "slam"

Here is the first word listed as a synonym for evidence.. PROOF

evidence
&#8194;Main Entry:
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: proof

http://thesaurus.com/browse/evidence

man are you a liar!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#489194 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what nonsense.
you think a Christian can commit murder and just ask forgiveness and God is ok with that?
That shows total gross ignorance on your part. if a person commit murder and want to be a Jesus follower, they have to clear they conscience and REPENT. No repentance, no forgiveness. And repentance mean going to police and admit crime.
You totally void of any understanding of Christian Theology, you talking out of ignorance and just writing you bias moronic opinion against Christianity.
This is the definition of "repentance" from three different Christian sites. All three go into good detail. None of the three mention, in your words, "going to police and admit crime".

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher...

http://gospeltranslations.org/wiki/Biblical_R...

http://www.gotquestions.org/repentance.html

Some dictionary definitions.

Verb: repent
1. Turn away from sin or do penitence
2. Feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about

Adjective: repentant
1. Feeling or expressing remorse for misdeeds

Noun: repentance
1. Remorse for your past conduct
WordWeb Pro 6.6

Again, thanks for your opinion.

And, if you would submit yourself to the police/authorities after murdering someone, or committing a crime etc.., and repent to your deity, then KUDOS.

I commend that.

Location hidden

#489195 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Show me where I complained about my malpractice insurance rates. Mine were among the lowest available in medicine.
I didn't care about my malpractice insurance rates. I cared about the possibility of being sued, and with the advent of a new system of paying physicians according to patient outcomes, of not being paid for patients whose refusal to comply with advice resulted in their bad outcome.
This is the trouble you keep stepping into. You keep modifying my words and with them, my meaning, despite my repeated protestations and requests that you cut-and-paste my words rather than rewrite them according to your own defective comprehension and memory.
It's outrageous that you not only won't, but then call me a liar for denying your moronic versions of my words.
And it is outrageous that your crappy religion enables you to do that by allowing you to think that you are forgiven because you mumble at the ceiling.
You most definitely are not forgiven.
You know exactly what you said. Who cares if your rates were lower than others, they are still expensive. And every time someone sues someone their rates go up. And you said you got rid of patients who didn't follow your directions because you weren't going to chance them suing you and paying more if insurance

And no I am not going to search out your post so you can try to say you said "coverage" not "insurance" or something equally as stupid

I can only imagine how impossible it would be for a patient to follow the instructions of someone who lies as constantly as you lie and then just totally convinces himself that some technicality has him in the right. Someone using a synonym doesn't change the meaning of your words and while you may think a technicality gets you off the hook all it does it shows the lengths you will go to in order to defend your lying

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489196 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Chapter X1;
***1. And in those days I will open the store chambers of blessing which are in the heaven, so as to send them down &#8968;upon the earth&#8969; over the work and labour of the children of men. 2. And truth and peace shall be associated together throughout all the days of the world and throughout all the generations of men.'***
And thought it very appropriate :)
Here is a bit about the 11:11 as I know it;
***From the Author
For many years, the numbers 11:11 have been mysteriously and repeatedly appearing to people all over the world. Often appearing on digital clocks, the sightings of 11:11 tend to occur during times of heightened awareness, having a powerful effect on those involved. They cause a reactivation of our cellular memory banks and a stirring deep inside of something long forgotten. The appearance of 11:11 is also a powerful confirmation that we are on the right track, aligned with the beam of our Highest Truth.
The 11:11 is an insertion point for the Greater Reality to enter the present moment.
On January 11, 1992 well over 100,000 people gathered together in groups large and small throughout the planet to activate the Doorway of the 11:11. This activation was significant because it was achieved without media publicity, spreading from heart to heart and by word of mouth. The groups came together as One Being and performed a series of Sacred Dances and Unified Movements at pre-arranged times.
The purpose of this activation was to open the Doorway of the 11:11. This doorway is the transition zone or bridge between two very different spirals of evolution, those of duality and Oneness. During the 11:11 ceremony, these two evolutionary spirals interlocked. This Zone of Overlap is the actual Doorway of the 11:11 which remains in position until the 11:11 closes on December 31, 2011 and the two spirals go their separate ways. Thus we have a twenty year period in which to step free from a duality-based reality system and make our ascension into Oneness.
http://www.amazon.com/11-Inside-Doorway-Solar... ***
A long story, but I was very drawn to 11:11 for a couple of years to the point that by Dec 1996 I was ringing people and simply saying; 11:11.
With no knowledge why, just a deep desire to do so. In the first half of 1997 my sister told me there was a book called 11:11 and it didn't interest me at all; what could there be in a book that was simply so fascinating and exciting, and yet simply so unknown? This was my 'experience' and could not be the same as anyone else.
I met someone in July that year, and talked of this, of course, and his brother (and fair enough too) rang a Spiritual Bookshop to more or less prove if I was talking carp or not, and ordered the book in. He didn't pick it up though, but his brother did, so I do have the book 11:11 and one of the first things I read is that some people are so keen to know their 'code' they will even seek a psychic for help.
As indeed one of the questions asked of my Psychic was what does 11:11 mean, I could really relate to that, and again realise that what is meant to be will be. One way or another, that book was meant to be in my possession :)
P.S. I don't know anyone personally that has gained anything from the book, but presumably, that is of no consequence?!
WoW!
It is a ring back into antiquity. One plane which has been lost, and mankind subconsciously tries to recover. It is written in your genetics...The need to be one with the ALL/IAM...however one wishes to place name or numeration on it, it is inherent.

Location hidden

#489197 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt or make amends because they can ask the sky for forgiveness. But that comment implies nothing about the character of Christians, just the shabbiness of Christian doctrine, and what it allows cowards like you to do.
You obviously have no idea what I might be implying.
Rest assured that I will link repeatedly to this series of posts over the months and years ahead to make my case that your religion is crap, and that it allows low quality people like yourself to be as inaccurate and offensive as you please, and then forgive yourselves - probably to this very post.
Your steadfast refusal to ask for forgiveness from the person that you have slandered - me, in this case - is the evidence supporting my argument.
You can diffuse the damage by asking me for forgiveness. Or you may continue as before. Obviously, you are helping me tremendously here.
LOL

So now you are back to doctrine!

You are simply a liar who got caught and kept changing his story till he could manufacturer one that fit

When you claim Christian don't need to apologize to those they hurt or make amends because they can ask forgiveness from the sky it is a slam on Christians. ALL Christians which makes it bigoted and your "forgiveness from the sky" shows you meant it as a slam

And you already stated you never thought this way when you were a Christian and had no proof anybody did so you had no basis for making the statement. Yet now you want to use events after the fact to justify why you said it? LOL

And just because amends aren't required to receive forgiveness doesn't mean we are not instructed to make them

Proverbs 14:9
Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright.

You are just so dishonest that instead of standing behind your words and their implication that Christians don't care about who they hurt because they don't need to in order to receive forgiveness you are keep changing your story to you meant some Christians not all and you meant doctrine not Christians but you meant some Christians would take advantage of that doctrine...thus bringing it right back to square one and making a judgement of the character of Christians as only Christians with bad character would take advantage of some "loophole"!!

So pay attention...when you say things like "Christians don't need to..."

..it implies you are talking about ALL Christians which is why it is a bigoted thing to say

If I said

"blacks are lazy and don't like to work"

do you think I could later claim I was just talking about my two neighbors who are black and happen to be lazy? Of course not because I didn't qualify that. i simply stated "blacks are..." just like you stated "Christians don't need to..". Now if I had actually said something like that I would be a bigot. Since you did say something like that you ARE a bigot

Location hidden

#489198 Feb 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Can I pay with virtual cash?
Sure. We got a special grant program fer sich sitchiations!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#489199 Feb 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the definition of "repentance" from three different Christian sites. All three go into good detail. None of the three mention, in your words, "going to police and admit crime".
http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher...
http://gospeltranslations.org/wiki/Biblical_R...
http://www.gotquestions.org/repentance.html
Some dictionary definitions.
Verb: repent
1. Turn away from sin or do penitence
2. Feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about
Adjective: repentant
1. Feeling or expressing remorse for misdeeds
Noun: repentance
1. Remorse for your past conduct
WordWeb Pro 6.6
Again, thanks for your opinion.
And, if you would submit yourself to the police/authorities after murdering someone, or committing a crime etc.., and repent to your deity, then KUDOS.
I commend that.
But wait....
you brain not engage.

look at the definition. if you remorseful about something, then you going to make amends.

REPENT and CONFESS. Then forgiveness. So what you say about a Jesus follower having secrets and murmuring a prayer nothing no go so.

James 5:16 “Therefore CONFESS your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”(NIV)

Matt 4:17
From that time on Jesus began to preach, "REPENT, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

If a person hurt someone and want to be a Jesus follower, then need to go to that person and ask forgiveness.

look here writer, I not here to explain Christian Theology to you, but both CONFESSION and REPENTANCE is needed to be a Jesus follower.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489200 Feb 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace...this thread has been riddled with strife for a long time...maybe from almost the beginning. Each and every person with the exception of just a few have been involved at one time or another.
Didn't this thread just come through what turned into an ugly battle between some of you concerning OSAS? There was a "brother" from across that pond that people did battle with for over a year.
I understand what you and John both are saying...neither of you want to be involved with this discussion. Yet John has been involved in many of the disagreements that have gone on and you yourself was a major component of the OSAS.
As much as might wish that things were calm and peaceful...it is not the nature of the beast here on Topix. It comes down to...pick and choose your battles and ride the waves through those that are not.
There are times that I don't get involved in the battles about the gay community...not unless they turn ugly and derogatory...such as this one has...some pretty ugly things have been said...I had to stand up.
you are talking like you are owner this thread,

do someone needs you as supervisor, or dumb pagan advisor?

nobody chalenge gay community you dumb butt

they chalenge and proclaim war with christians entering not their topics,and post filth about their genitalias and vaginas

you are worse disquist from those community of gays

anyway world on the topic have many high IQ GAYS IN POLITICS,science,and daily life, never runing around cyber space among christians and posting about their sperms or AAA batery devices.

they have full tright to hang them on their necks and go around proudly showing who they are

personaly I am positive to them,they deserve same rights like all humans

YOU ARE NOT THEIR LAWYER,AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH ALSO,START TAKL ABOUT SALVATION, NOT SICK PARANIDAL PSYCHOPATHIS BAMBLING ABOUT TOPIC AND GAYS?

Location hidden

#489201 Feb 16, 2013
edit IANS

And lets use your own words here

"Your steadfast refusal to ask for forgiveness from the person that you have slandered - me, in this case - is the evidence supporting my argument."

Sooo...your argument is that Christians won't ask forgiveness for those they have injured and like you said earlier because they can just receive forgiveness from the sky

So like I have been saying all along, your post implied Christians lack empathy for those they hurt so long as they are forgiven

You denied that despite that is exactly what you think and exactly what you are arguing!

And since you made a blanket statement saying "Christians don't need to feel bad..." you were talking about all Christians. Just if someone said "black don't feel bad or women don't feel bad" about whatever.

You not only are a liar you are a bigot. And you can try to twist it anyway you like, the result is still the same. You impled Christians don't care about those they hurt and now even you are reinforcing that is what your argument is. You never said the word "some" when you made your statement. That is what made it bigoted. And instead of acknowledging that you should have, instead you have chosen to lie and lie and lie some more.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489202 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...if you remorseful about something, then you going to make amends....

If a person hurt someone and want to be a Jesus follower, then need to go to that person and ask forgiveness....
Like most people, you do not know th difference between apology and ammemds.

If I burn down your house and say "I am sorry"; that is an apology.

Ammends occurs when I build you a new house.

Location hidden

#489203 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lucy,
Jesus had a BIG problem with the Pharisee's and Scribes. They were teachers of the Law. They demanded that the people keep the Law that they themselves could not keep. Jesus called the Pharisee's " Hypocries" seven different times and are now calling them blind guides!! WHY? Because the Pharisee's felt that honoring the Law and Traditions would get them closer to God.(In other words) They felt that they were above all others by their WORKS of the flesh (obedience) They honored God with lip service and not out of Love.( heart) It's a lot like an adult child who has moved out of their parents home..They are not "under" their parents rules anymore but out of LOVE and Honor..They still obey their parents rules because they WANT to, NOT because it is forced upon them..What some religious people dont seem to understand is that..Its NOT the "acts" of homosexuality, murder and such that keeps people away from God...Its their Unbelief. Unbelief is the ONLY unforgiven sin. Religion and its man made rules and hypocricy is what keeps people away from God...God Bless You Lucy
I will say this...
Jesus spoke against those "pharisees" because they were forwarding conditions of "men" upon "man", and he knew they were meaningless edicts in the light of love and light.
For that he was "eliminated" as an influence.
That is it in a nutshell.

Location hidden

#489204 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
That's your claim?
That you denied it because I said "proof" not evidence"?
Here is the definition of "evidence"
n
1. ground for belief or disbelief; data on which to base proof or to establish truth or falsehood
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/evidence
If you had the evidence you would have proof. It is the same thing in that context. I can see where IANS jr gets his differences between "jab" and "slam"
Here is the first word listed as a synonym for evidence.. PROOF
evidence
&#8194;Main Entry:
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: proof
man are you a liar!
Edit

that actually isn't even the first synonym listed. It is the actual definition

The definition for "evidence" listed is "proof"

Let's talk about the character of a man that denies he said something based on regularly interchangeable words where one is defined as the other and not only denies that he said something but conveniently leaves out the reason he is denying it knowing people will assume he is denying he made the statement, not that he is denying it because someone used an interchangeable word

I notice not once did you bother to correct me and state that you did care about your patients and they weren't just a means to an end (money).

How many patients did you screw over with these tactics? You did the medical community a favor by retiring. Was it voluntary?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489205 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Pleeaaase, take an ESL course!
RATHER you take elementary moral ethics and stop insult foreign spoken people

your nationalistic hate reveal clearly and plain ,that you are not professor of all kinds of students, only piece of primitive s....backing up own lies by not by you written web pages from internet

look at around how they work, all like all those aick like you,"sick saints"'accusers,mockers, atheistic trush,and moral dung

I said in my haste every man is LIAR psalm 116;11

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#489206 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>But wait....
you brain not engage.
look at the definition. if you remorseful about something, then you going to make amends.
REPENT and CONFESS. Then forgiveness. So what you say about a Jesus follower having secrets and murmuring a prayer nothing no go so.
James 5:16 “Therefore CONFESS your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”(NIV)
Matt 4:17
From that time on Jesus began to preach, "REPENT, for the kingdom of heaven is near."
If a person hurt someone and want to be a Jesus follower, then need to go to that person and ask forgiveness.
look here writer, I not here to explain Christian Theology to you, but both CONFESSION and REPENTANCE is needed to be a Jesus follower.
As I said, I commend you on your stance concerning this, but unfortunately, that isn't the stance of all, and I stand by my observations.

All you've done is highlight that there are good Christians and bad Christians. That's true of all humans regardless of whatever theistic belief they hold or don't have at all, no?

I never said there weren't either of those.

The problem I pointed out is within that particular "philosophy", there are some who feel that's all that needs to be done, say a prayer, "repent", and it's done. You can't say that all Christians do the exact right thing when it comes to what you feel repentance entails, just as I can't, and didn't, say that all Christians interpret "repentance" to mean what we both know does happen - at times - be it murder, a lie, or some other wrongful thing done towards a fellow human, or humanity at large.

Location hidden

#489207 Feb 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a good size Evil Kneivel.Guess just tell on myself.I much like I was when I was young same height,same weight,same size shoe none of that stuff changed much.My change came in around the heart area.Let see it is has been cracked,stomped on smashed,broken,ripped toren,run thru a grinder humm think that covers it.It been super glued,tugga war glued,flour pasted,cemented,mended,sewed,h ealed.All the damages have been thrown away,never thought about, forgotten never talked about and forgiven.My mirror says I still cut a fine figure and still can cut a rug when I dance.lol lol And the beat of the heart only hears music theses days.lol lol It called happiness.
That would be me too LW.
Shot at an missed...sh!t at an hit! The way of the world. Stepp'n out'a the rapids, an sitt'n by the pools as long as possible now.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489208 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most people, you do not know th difference between apology and ammemds.
If I burn down your house and say "I am sorry"; that is an apology.
Ammends occurs when I build you a new house.
ammends occurs when you get properly by law punished and after sentence build new house,or pay all monetary value of this house

try to burn my house
after your apology
I twist your hands, 24 times kick your sick a...
2 /call police
3/sue to receive from you all payemnts even pay for one nail ot pin inside of my home

Since: Feb 12

Seattle, WA

#489209 Feb 16, 2013
hmph...
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#489210 Feb 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
SP...the ironic aspect of your post...homosexuality was not brought to the forefront of this thread by a homosexual nor by anyone that supports them. If you look back over the history of this thread...most often it is brought up by the very posters that you are saying are against it.
There are some...that in their zeal to talk about sin...most often focus on homosexuality. Since this thread might be of a religious topic it is in actuality an opinion/discussion thread located on "Top Stories" on a secular medium called Topix it is open to any and all...just as the threads with a non-religious topic is open to all Christians.
If someone on this threads condemns any segment of society there is and will be someone to espouse the opposite view. It is common for debates/discussion to get heated. It is the way that works...nature of this game you might say.
One can not assume IMO that all that are against homosexuals for whatever reason are bigots. Most of us oppose something that is legal. Does that make us all bigots...no...just means that we don't agree.
Bigotry doesn't come in to play until one sets out to denigrate a group of people. When someone states, implies, infers that a group of people are less than themselves...that is bigotry.
You can figure out for yourself if your posts putting homosexuals and pedophiles in the same sentence as if they were synonymous was stating, implying, inferring that homosexuals are pedophiles. Others will form their own opinions about your intentions and form an opinion.
Sometimes it would behoove us all to put ourselves in another persons shoes and read our posts from their perspective.
You made a statement in one of your posts...
"Not all homosexuals are pedophiles I suppose" or maybe it went this way..."Not all pedophiles are homosexuals I suppose". Either version leaves the reader with the impression that you are undecided.
What if someone had said...
Not all Christians hate...I suppose.
Not all Christians are bigots...I suppose.
Not all heterosexual men rape women...I suppose.
Not all...not all...not all...I suppose.
I do not recall using 'I suppose, on any posts, so please get your story straight.

If your going to resort to name calling, I don't mind being called a bigot on the organization of NAMBLA, I do think they evil.

You do a good job of cutting down Christianity also, do I detect a little two-faced person in you?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#489211 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
That's nice.
Your "soul" is already lost. The highest form of existence for a human being is called "self-actualization. " From Wiki:

"Self-actualization' is a term that has been used in various psychology theories, often in slightly different ways. The term was originally introduced by the organismic theorist Kurt Goldstein for the motive to realize one's full potential. In his view, it is the organism's master motive, the only real motive: "the tendency to actualize itself as fully as possible is the basic drive...the drive of self-actualization."
----------
Is Wikipedia Reliable?

In December 2005, the scientific journal Nature published the results of a study comparing the accuracy of Wikipedia and the printed Encyclopedia Britannica. The researchers found that the number of "factual errors, omissions or misleading statements" in each reference work was not so different — Wikipedia contained 162, and Britannica had 123. The makers of Britannica have since called on Nature to retract the study, which it claims is "completely without merit."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 6 min Johnny 3,005
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 828,589
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min June VanDerMark 584,306
john wayne was gay (Nov '07) 21 min Ken in Dublin 233
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min Gas Woman 121,663
Aztec Group Inc Florida Tokyo Japan Hong Kong R... 48 min claygauxx 5
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 57 min janeebee 3,498
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jac 98,987
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Jewelry 442,872
More from around the web