Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#489177 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Jacob was a cheater, Peter had a temper, David had an affair, Noah got drunk, Jonah ran from God, Paul was a murderer, Gideon was insecure, Miriam was a gossiper, Martha was a worrier, Thomas was a doubter, Sarah was impatient, Elijah was moody, Moses stuttered, Zaccheus was short, Abraham was old, and Lazarus was dead..God doesnít call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
Good afternoon Grace;

I Not making fun of anyone on the contray I quite serious when I say this.Afew more names shall become a part of God list matter fact there names are already on it.Such as: Ians,catcher,Hfy,Twb,henry,hap py Lesbo ect ect.Cause believe it or not they been brought here by God for a reason.I have seen one who been here along time mellow,one who been here a long time still on the tetters yet not quite sure,another one still testin the waters theses are of the posters who were already here,Cause as you say he doesn't call the qualitified.And one by one they shall be called.He shall take that raw diamond and polish it and make it shine.He moved them here for a reason or they would not be here.I often said,He moves in mysterious ways we just need to listen to him when he moves.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#489178 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"I walked in on my husband, as he was beating his meat."
Yeah, there's no difference there, Dim.
<quoted text>
??

Yeah IANS jr there is a difference between masturbation and murder in that context.

In the context of making a jab or a slam on Christianity the result is the same. The intent was a negative portrayal of Christians

Are you really this dense or are you just willing to stoop to being this dishonest to try to cover for IANS?

Location hidden

#489179 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"I walked in on my husband, as he was beating his meat."
Yeah, there's no difference there, Dim.
LOL and btw the words being compared were beat and butcher and were interchangeable as one said he butchered the man to death and the other said he beat the man to death. You change "the man to death" to "his meat"

Of course if you totally change what you are talking about, from murder to masturbation a word is going to be used differently in context

But since you say you would rather go by who made the original comment, why don't you tell me what I got wrong?

Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489180 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Duane has lots of good comments. I learn a lot from him about matters Christian and with regards to history of the Bible. But when I correct him on science and anthropology, he gets so upset that, rather than explain his argument he attacks my character and misrepresents my position. This is now the third time he's done this and I won't accept it. I am a forgiving person - Catcher always chides me on this - but after three times? Not until I get an apology first.
I'm not accomplished. Not sure where you get that idea from. I've done some good things for my department and my university, and I've contributed to my academic field - but barely. Just barely. I kind of think I'm a loser, to be honest.
I learn every minute of every day. Dogma stops learning. Dogma destroys it, provides misleading, easy answers for you rather than real knowledge. Dogma makes you believe the illusions you hold dear equate to knowledge, makes you stop being self-reflexive (not reflective; I mean reflexive).
It might help you spiritually, in your specific religion, but dogma harms scientific knowledge.
Sorry HFY. I seldom converse with you, and have disagreed with some of that which you may have stated at times about historical timeline, but never felt it was worth hard argument. You have been a positive objective contributor to these threads.
That being said, you have upset me by making such the foolish statement that you are a loser. You are NOT!
Thank you for your contributions.

That is all I wish to say.

BT42

Location hidden

#489181 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize. I wrote that to IANS. Had I written it to you, I would have been a bit more explicit.
I think your ego is preventing you from seeing your error as an error. I think you would then have no reason to ask anyone for forgiveness, because you believe you didn't do anything wrong. You might even assume that God agrees with your assessment of your behavior, and might not feel the least bit worried about what God might think, but at least you must believe that the truth is known to him.
I've tried showing you where your error is. You paraphrased IANS incorrectly. He denied your version of what he said. You then assumed that his denial meant that he was claiming the opposite of your paraphrasing (fallacy of false dichotomy), and then called him a liar for that, and continued to do so after your mistake was exposed. I don't expect you to recognize it now. You're far too ego invested at this point. What I expect is for you to put up your shields or run away.
<quoted text>
Please support your claims.
<quoted text>
He never said he would require proof. He said he would require evidence.
There is a difference between proof and evidence.
If you are out in the woods, and find two walnuts on the ground, that is evidence of something. It might be evidence that there is a walnut tree nearby. It's not proof of that. It could be evidence that the walnuts were dropped there by an animal. I would believe, based on reasonably sufficient evidence, that if I found a thousand walnuts under a tree, that that tree is a walnut tree. It still might not be a walnut tree, however. That sufficient evidence would not be proof.
Do you need IANS to tell you? He cleared this up in a post already.
No he didn't. He has yet to answer what I got wrong. You say he explained it already? Then tell me what he said I got wrong

Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"

IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#489182 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. You have a religious belief. And, like every other believer on the planet, you "know" that you've discovered "the one, true god."
So what? Why would I take your personal experience for reality when you haven't demonstrated any of your claims at all?
?

Now you talking about things that not concern me.

Whatever claims you talking about, that responsibility of YHWH God through Jesus Christ. Demonstrating [claims] to you is nowhere in a Jesus follower job description in the bible.

All I can do on is demonstrate claims to myself and to tell others on the billboard about claims Jesus made and that Jesus can verify those claims to them.

beyond that, I no responsible for nothing else on the billboard. I no responsible for who become part of the body of Jesus Christ, that up to God and I glad that not up to me.

Location hidden

#489183 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't catch it.
Darn.
i didn't think you would:)

After all you don't understand how jab and slam mean the same thing when used as an insult

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#489184 Feb 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been reading along with interest during this exchange, and it comes to mind that what you point out is something you and I and others have discussed at times - over on the atheist thread.
As a matter of fact, here's something I posted a while back and it speaks to this "state" seen in theism, and Christianity more specifically than most.
This relates to this mentality fostered within theism. The mentality that the believer is only responsible to the god(S) for whatever they do, whether in the name of the god, or not.
Ultimately, under most theistic beliefs you can only be good with the help of the perfect god, and bad because of the trickster gods help. According to believers, we are incapable of no more or less without the intervention of the god(S).
The perfect god(S) and trickster god(S) are given credit for what we do all by ourselves.
This is a flawed and escapist sort of reasoning used by theists. They are able to avoid being truly accountable to their fellow man, and, depending on the circumstance, will claim a type of immunity by divine authority or forgiveness by that divinity, or claim being manipulated by the evil agent, expecting sympathy and leniency due to either circumstance.
Some, even being so bold as to not need to be absolved on any material level since they've been forgiven by the perfect god, and have no need of mans involvement at all.
It negates morals, even those morals claimed by the theist to have been given by the particular deity. A person, whether practicing the religion "correctly", or, "incorrectly", can obtain absolution at all times. No matter the circumstance.
Ultimately, within that framework of skewed theistic moral view and responsibility, no one need ever know about crimes or transgressions. Those things can remain "dirty little secrets". That's not a good thing for a society. Or civilization.
That mentality is dangerous. It amounts to a person muttering under their breath a prayer of forgiveness to the ceiling fan whirring overhead and it's forgiven and forgotten. The ceiling fan will tell no one. The silence of the fan is its acknowledgement of your prayer.
Fortunately, the deity always says it's okay, always~/.
You are forgiven. Right?
Where is the morality in that type of system?
what nonsense.

you think a Christian can commit murder and just ask forgiveness and God is ok with that?

That shows total gross ignorance on your part. if a person commit murder and want to be a Jesus follower, they have to clear they conscience and REPENT. No repentance, no forgiveness. And repentance mean going to police and admit crime.

You totally void of any understanding of Christian Theology, you talking out of ignorance and just writing you bias moronic opinion against Christianity.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#489185 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
HiRA..
I have been wondering where you have been. I missed you! I dont like all this arguing either. Both sides are asking for the SAME thing..Acceptance!! Blows my mind to keep reading all this childish nonsense. I have been reading along as well. I have been trying to figure out exactly what their motives are for staying on this thread ALL day and never accomplishing ANYTHING!! It's like a dog chasing his own tail. Spinning around and around to get what is already theirs. Anyway, How have you been? Why dont you join our facebook group? All the old and new posters are on there from various threads but mainly this one. We get to know each other personally through family pictures, prayers and praise reports. Some are believers, some are not..It doesn't matter. We keep one anothers privacy "private" and it proves that once someone becomes a REAL person instead of a nameless, faceless bunch of words and names on a forum, The love and compassion for people will shine through. Let me know if you are interested..Would love to have you there instead of on here with all the negativity. God Bless You Brother
Grace...this thread has been riddled with strife for a long time...maybe from almost the beginning. Each and every person with the exception of just a few have been involved at one time or another.

Didn't this thread just come through what turned into an ugly battle between some of you concerning OSAS? There was a "brother" from across that pond that people did battle with for over a year.

I understand what you and John both are saying...neither of you want to be involved with this discussion. Yet John has been involved in many of the disagreements that have gone on and you yourself was a major component of the OSAS.

As much as might wish that things were calm and peaceful...it is not the nature of the beast here on Topix. It comes down to...pick and choose your battles and ride the waves through those that are not.

There are times that I don't get involved in the battles about the gay community...not unless they turn ugly and derogatory...such as this one has...some pretty ugly things have been said...I had to stand up.

Location hidden

#489186 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't repeat what I claimed. You posted your interpretation of what I said, and effed it up as always.
You claimed that I said that I "don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
I never said that, moron. I denied it then ("Nope") and deny it now. And you have never even bothered to try and show where I said such a thing.
The reason that you cannot produce a quote and link supporting your claim is because you are lying. You are lying again now as you did when you first posted the claim and I denied it, aren't you, you little Christian worm?
You are as weak and pathetic as your god.
No you did say it. You have many posts saying you believe it is possible there are creator gods.

Here is one right here

"I have told you repeatedly that I believe that creator gods are possible"

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Just like you lied in the other room and said everything can be or will be explained by science and then when I questioned how you could possibly know that to rule out a spiritual explanation you changed your story to everything that is explainable by science can be explained by science. But you wanted posts to prove that from months prior from a different room.

You are simply a liar IANS. You lie all the time and then demand people search back months of posts to prove it and still deny it or you know you lie and will say you won't confirm or deny what you said until someone finds the post

Why can't you just be honest?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#489187 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what nonsense.
you think a Christian can commit murder and just ask forgiveness and God is ok with that?
That shows total gross ignorance on your part. if a person commit murder and want to be a Jesus follower, they have to clear they conscience and REPENT. No repentance, no forgiveness. And repentance mean going to police and admit crime.
You totally void of any understanding of Christian Theology, you talking out of ignorance and just writing you bias moronic opinion against Christianity.
Thanks for your opinion.

Location hidden

#489188 Feb 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
*M
O*
*R
N*
*I
N*
*G
ďI am the author of my life. Unfortunately Iím writing in pen and I canít erase my mistakes.Ē
Thought for the Day
That's why we created X's and O's!
XOXO

Location hidden

#489189 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>

You're so effing stupid it hurts. You apparently cannot understand the difference between my saying that Christianity permits cowards like you and Dimette to forgive yourselves, and your paraphrased misrepresentation of my words saying that all Christians are as loathsome as you two and would take advantage of that loophole.
No, fool, I implied no such thing. You inferred it with your tiny little excuse for a mind. I am fully aware that many Christians are better people than you are. For example, I know that Seraphine wouldn't behave as you did.
<quoted text>
You still have it wrong, dimwit.
You are lying again

When I first called you on this because you said Christians, inferring everyone which is bigoted, you changed your story to you were simply stating the forgiveness doctrine doesn't require amends.NOW you are CHANGING your STORY AGAIN that you know some wouldn't do it.

So in other words what I said you implied is EXACTLY what you did imply and your story about just stating doctrine was a lie

And if you think some wouldn't do that then why did you say Christians as a group? Which is why I told you weeks ago you would be better served by learning to use the word "some" or words "a small minority of"

What are you going to change your story to this time? I think you are out of possible lies

Man, your poor patients

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#489190 Feb 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Bible teaches differently. It speaks of that Christians will be persecuted.
One who is persecuted...is a victim of that persecution.
<quoted text>
The religion of the majority is and should be a concern to all that are affected by that religion. If ANY religion seeks to make a government based on that religion it affects ALL the citizens of that country.
We have the right to be concerned...read the 1st Amendment...it is our duty to make sure that it is enforced.
<quoted text>
Sure it has...religion in this country expects the help of guaranteeing that they are protected under the 1st Amendment.
<quoted text>
If no one cared about what another person thought...how would you fulfill that Great Commission. It is after all the process of helping to change the minds of others.
If Christians didn't care what others thought...why would you defend your faith...why would you even bat an eye when someone opposes Paul?
We don't live in this world and not be affected by the thinking of others. When you stop caring about how others are thinking...you wake up one day and someone elses thoughts have taken over...while you were being apathetic toward others thoughts.
Everything...good and also the bad...started with a thought...what someone else was thinking.
On an individual basis sure...most often what others think about us as individuals are not that relevant. You weren't however talking about an individual...you were talking about a whole religion...not caring how others think.
That is dangerous for us all...
who say persecuted mean victim?

you make yourself a victim. Jesus was persecuted, but Jesus was no victim. You have a false analogy.

Then be concerned about Christianity, no one telling you not to be concerned.

Great commission is to tell, not change mind. God change mind.

just because I defend Paul Jesus and the bible not mean I care what you think, all it mean I discussing on a billboard.

I here for the discussions. Another false analogy on your part, just because I discuss with you, not mean I care what you think.

In fact, I have the perfect quote to sum up my response to you writing.

[He that complies against his will, is of his own opinion still.
--Samuel Butler]

Not only did the bible never tell no one to go try and change no one thinking or will, even a poet know this.

So I no know what you here for, maybe to change people thinking. I here to discuss writer. if people want to change they thinking, that up to them, that not have nothing to do with me.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#489191 Feb 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for your opinion.
my pleasure, you welcome.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489192 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>who say persecuted mean victim?
ROFLMAO

Pleeaaase, take an ESL course!

Location hidden

#489193 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more.
Well, maybe this once.
I said that I need evidence. You changed that to "proof."
Your little mind apparently cannot wrap itself around the chasm of difference between evidence and proof. Even now you appear to be completely in the dark about that..
LOL

That's your claim?

That you denied it because I said "proof" not evidence"?

Here is the definition of "evidence"

n
1. ground for belief or disbelief; data on which to base proof or to establish truth or falsehood

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/evidence

If you had the evidence you would have proof. It is the same thing in that context. I can see where IANS jr gets his differences between "jab" and "slam"

Here is the first word listed as a synonym for evidence.. PROOF

evidence
&#8194;Main Entry:
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: proof

http://thesaurus.com/browse/evidence

man are you a liar!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#489194 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what nonsense.
This is the definition of "repentance" from three different Christian sites. All three go into good detail. None of the three mention, in your words, "going to police and admit crime".

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher...

http://gospeltranslations.org/wiki/Biblical_R...

http://www.gotquestions.org/repentance.html

Some dictionary definitions.

Verb: repent
1. Turn away from sin or do penitence
2. Feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about

Adjective: repentant
1. Feeling or expressing remorse for misdeeds

Noun: repentance
1. Remorse for your past conduct
WordWeb Pro 6.6

Again, thanks for your opinion.

And, if you would submit yourself to the police/authorities after murdering someone, or committing a crime etc.., and repent to your deity, then KUDOS.

I commend that.

Location hidden

#489195 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Show me where I complained about my malpractice insurance rates. Mine were among the lowest available in medicine.
I didn't care about my malpractice insurance rates. I cared about the possibility of being sued, and with the advent of a new system of paying physicians according to patient outcomes, of not being paid for patients whose refusal to comply with advice resulted in their bad outcome.
This is the trouble you keep stepping into. You keep modifying my words and with them, my meaning, despite my repeated protestations and requests that you cut-and-paste my words rather than rewrite them according to your own defective comprehension and memory.
It's outrageous that you not only won't, but then call me a liar for denying your moronic versions of my words.
And it is outrageous that your crappy religion enables you to do that by allowing you to think that you are forgiven because you mumble at the ceiling.
You most definitely are not forgiven.
You know exactly what you said. Who cares if your rates were lower than others, they are still expensive. And every time someone sues someone their rates go up. And you said you got rid of patients who didn't follow your directions because you weren't going to chance them suing you and paying more if insurance

And no I am not going to search out your post so you can try to say you said "coverage" not "insurance" or something equally as stupid

I can only imagine how impossible it would be for a patient to follow the instructions of someone who lies as constantly as you lie and then just totally convinces himself that some technicality has him in the right. Someone using a synonym doesn't change the meaning of your words and while you may think a technicality gets you off the hook all it does it shows the lengths you will go to in order to defend your lying

Location hidden

#489196 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Chapter X1;
***1. And in those days I will open the store chambers of blessing which are in the heaven, so as to send them down &#8968;upon the earth&#8969; over the work and labour of the children of men. 2. And truth and peace shall be associated together throughout all the days of the world and throughout all the generations of men.'***
And thought it very appropriate :)
Here is a bit about the 11:11 as I know it;
***From the Author
For many years, the numbers 11:11 have been mysteriously and repeatedly appearing to people all over the world. Often appearing on digital clocks, the sightings of 11:11 tend to occur during times of heightened awareness, having a powerful effect on those involved. They cause a reactivation of our cellular memory banks and a stirring deep inside of something long forgotten. The appearance of 11:11 is also a powerful confirmation that we are on the right track, aligned with the beam of our Highest Truth.
The 11:11 is an insertion point for the Greater Reality to enter the present moment.
On January 11, 1992 well over 100,000 people gathered together in groups large and small throughout the planet to activate the Doorway of the 11:11. This activation was significant because it was achieved without media publicity, spreading from heart to heart and by word of mouth. The groups came together as One Being and performed a series of Sacred Dances and Unified Movements at pre-arranged times.
The purpose of this activation was to open the Doorway of the 11:11. This doorway is the transition zone or bridge between two very different spirals of evolution, those of duality and Oneness. During the 11:11 ceremony, these two evolutionary spirals interlocked. This Zone of Overlap is the actual Doorway of the 11:11 which remains in position until the 11:11 closes on December 31, 2011 and the two spirals go their separate ways. Thus we have a twenty year period in which to step free from a duality-based reality system and make our ascension into Oneness.
http://www.amazon.com/11-Inside-Doorway-Solar... ***
A long story, but I was very drawn to 11:11 for a couple of years to the point that by Dec 1996 I was ringing people and simply saying; 11:11.
With no knowledge why, just a deep desire to do so. In the first half of 1997 my sister told me there was a book called 11:11 and it didn't interest me at all; what could there be in a book that was simply so fascinating and exciting, and yet simply so unknown? This was my 'experience' and could not be the same as anyone else.
I met someone in July that year, and talked of this, of course, and his brother (and fair enough too) rang a Spiritual Bookshop to more or less prove if I was talking carp or not, and ordered the book in. He didn't pick it up though, but his brother did, so I do have the book 11:11 and one of the first things I read is that some people are so keen to know their 'code' they will even seek a psychic for help.
As indeed one of the questions asked of my Psychic was what does 11:11 mean, I could really relate to that, and again realise that what is meant to be will be. One way or another, that book was meant to be in my possession :)
P.S. I don't know anyone personally that has gained anything from the book, but presumably, that is of no consequence?!
WoW!
It is a ring back into antiquity. One plane which has been lost, and mankind subconsciously tries to recover. It is written in your genetics...The need to be one with the ALL/IAM...however one wishes to place name or numeration on it, it is inherent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 830,756
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 14 min lightbeamrider 2,320
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min Rosa_Winkel 99,328
pijat pasutri bali (Apr '13) 35 min Avy 37
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 47 min Rosa_Winkel 3,677
Rajkot gay Topix 50 min vinit patell 46
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min Halle Berry Sister 176,580
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 40,238
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr marge 586,011
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rick in Kansas 270,840
More from around the web