Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489156 Feb 16, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont sell yourself short, you're very intelligent, funny and interesting, but above all that, a genuinely good person.......... Very refreshing to find on topix..........
Agreed.

Don't tell her I said that. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489157 Feb 16, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions are fakes!
On the personal level though, I think "based on false assumptions" would be more accurate.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489158 Feb 16, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is dead for over 2000 years. There was never such thing like a sin!
You might as well say, "Ben Franklin is dead. There was never such a thing as animal magnetism."

You have fallen into a theistic mentality, you are starting to create a non sequitur paradigm of your own.

As a friend, I suggest you take a break from here and read some Greek philosophy, Plato's Republic perhaps.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489159 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>....
Christians no need no religious leaders, Christians have the bible....
I have to agree with you. BTW, the Bible is for everyone.

The problem as I see it is that Christianity has become far more than the Bible and even farther from the words of Jesus.

I challenge everyone to read Mark for exactly what it says, no interpretations, no redefining words, no Paul, no John, no Luke, no Matthew. A completely different story (and meaning) than the ones preached from any pulpit in over 1000 years.

"The lies we learn at our mothers' knee are almost impossible to forget. Yet as adults, a truth revealed is oft forgot within a year."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489160 Feb 16, 2013
Hello Sweetie!

I am not questioning you or your field. What I am trying to point out is that when you use the word "species" you are opening a Pandoras box of ambiguity and misrepresentation, not only within the community at large but within academic disciplines as well.

You have parameters within your research and experiments and use labels and margins of error that are not the same as within other disciples and certainly not within the lay community.

As for "attacking" LOL ours is interdisciple muckraking. If you want "attacks" we will have to best "Red Apples v. G_O_D

I have interdisciplinary arguements with myself, anthropology, history and computer science are about as disparate as one can get.

You are not a "loser" and have much to offer. I like you but I doubt we could ever work in the same lab without a referee. I bet dinner and a movie would be great though.

I would welcome you in my home anytime. If you are ever in the Philly area let me know.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about the war. Entirely our fault, I wish you had entirely disposed of our then government.
Let me repeat: I have always valued Duane's comments about religion and Christianity, and his comments in general.
Where he and I have differed lies in evolution and anthropology. When I correct him on these fronts, he seems to get upset to the point of personally attacking me - though I'm starting to wonder if that interpretation is simply my insecurity; if so, then I attacked him unfairly.
As to your question: I'm an evolutionary anthropologist. I can't really answer your question, as you exclude humans from it. I'm not a paleontologist, zoologist, paleobotanist or whatever. I don't know the specifics of fields of study other than anthropology.
So if you don't mind, I'll answer in a vague sense.
All forms are transitional. Not a single fossil is not transitional between some previous fossil in the same species/genera and some future fossil. Evolution is dynamic, always happening, regardless of whether we can record it's happening (it happens to genes, remember).
We have fantastic fossil lineages for all kinds of transitions.
Perhaps better questions to ask are: what do these larger families mean? Where do we draw the line between species? What does it mean to be for a population to be in one clade while another similar population is in another? Who assigns the definition of "species"? Does nature? Does your deity? Who?
How and why do such things as "species" matter - or are they just another culturally constructed category because we don't fully understand how gene pools work over time?
If you can be more specific with regards to any particular transformation, I can answer your question more fully. The thing is, I specialize in human evolution - if you ask questions about human evolution in particular, then I can answer you in particular.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489161 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a good teacher, and person, to care about your students thusly. So many teachers don't, it's upsetting.
I want my students to have the opportunities that my daughter was denied and that she later rejected.

It is ultimately a selfish pursuit.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489163 Feb 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
You and Mr. So aka IANS are assuredly two of a kind. You both purpusefully goad us into defensive stance
I guess then that you're not responsible for your behavior - we are.
Counter_Strike wrote:
your Lawless displays and lack of respect for The Creator
Lawless? You wish. You'd love to see us indicted for blasphemy.

But you are correct that I have no respect for your deity, your religion, your bible, nor your church. Why would I? Your church offers no respect to people like me, and thus deserves none. If you deserved respect you'd already have it.

"So, if you are a religious person, and if you're thinking of demanding more respect for your beliefs, please try to bear in mind that you and your religion are already getting way more respect than you’ve have ever deserved. Your faith is a joke. Your god is a joke. He's so absurd he's an embarrassment even to people who don't believe in him." - Condell

Fennario

#489164 Feb 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
We should stand here and watch you all rip our faith but you take offense when we slam your support for sexual perversion in the form of homosexuality. We should stand here and watch you crucify Ha Mashiach again and again and feel pleased about it?
It is you that makes a mockery of your god, Ha M'Sammich. I just ridicule you for it.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Dr. Shrink ... it isn't difficult for him to identify wrong from right
FAIL.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Shrink, BLL and I are no Christians. I'm not sure if Skom (Steve) and Trifecta are
You're all Christians to me
Counter_Strike wrote:
we notice most of the Christians today have massively relaxed their standards.
That can only be due to the effect that secular humanism and rational ethics are having on the culture. We're winning hearts and minds, not you.
Counter_Strike wrote:
We can all get along as human beings but it doesn't mean you will have to approve of the things I do.
No, we won't get along with you doing the things you do until there are too few of you to hear any more.

Does anybody know the Druid position on gays and atheists? I sure don't. I've never heard even one express it ever. Now that's a religious group that I have no problem with.

I anxiously await your church's Druidization.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#489165 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
HiRA..
I have been wondering where you have been. I missed you! I dont like all this arguing either. Both sides are asking for the SAME thing..Acceptance!! Blows my mind to keep reading all this childish nonsense. I have been reading along as well. I have been trying to figure out exactly what their motives are for staying on this thread ALL day and never accomplishing ANYTHING!! It's like a dog chasing his own tail. Spinning around and around to get what is already theirs. Anyway, How have you been? Why dont you join our facebook group? All the old and new posters are on there from various threads but mainly this one. We get to know each other personally through family pictures, prayers and praise reports. Some are believers, some are not..It doesn't matter. We keep one anothers privacy "private" and it proves that once someone becomes a REAL person instead of a nameless, faceless bunch of words and names on a forum, The love and compassion for people will shine through. Let me know if you are interested..Would love to have you there instead of on here with all the negativity. God Bless You Brother
Hi Grace.

I've never been on facebook and wouldn't have the first clue how to get on it with the ability to find you guys. I do know that with the way things are now in here it's a very undesirable place to be. It's turned into nothing but an ugly mud slinging place. So being able to fellowship in a place like facebook where the garbage that's going on in here can be avoided would be wonderful.

God bless.

Fennario

#489166 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
OK. Was that a rebuttal to something? I've asked you to be explicit about your point in the past: write it out in a sentence so that I don't have to guess. I suspect that where you see only one implication, I see ambiguity. Say it in words. It is so much more effective than semaphore or mime, especially over the Internet.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're a dumb ass. Read it again, I offered you very clear details...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're claiming ignorance you shouldn't be.
2 Peter 3:8 means that time means nothing to God, you are amart enough to figure that out.
Theer's also Psalm 90:4 that illustrates that God doesn't see time like we do.
"A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night."
So a day to God is "as" a thousand years. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that a day to God exactly equals 1,000 years. Because it also says that 1,000 years is like a day...
And Psalm 90:4 says that a day to God is "like a watch in the night", which is a 3 hour security shift at night....
Yeah, I saw that already. Point?

You confirmed my claim that your god is time impaired, and that your bible can be interpreted any way you want, and then the opposite way the next day. You didn't need to do that.

And now you demonstrate yet again how thick you Christians can be, and why the simplest conversation with you can be like dragging a boulder uphill. I just told you that I need you to state your point explicitly if you have one. You don't know what that means, do you?

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#489167 Feb 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir mon amie Seraphine, you are not only so right about the surrounding beauty that surrounds us, but your post and french heritage sparks me to make mention that I currently work at my cities museum of art and right now until April 21, 2013 we have on display as our main exhibition a number of paintings done by all French artists well known and the title of the exhibit is..........FROM MONET TO MATISSE, IMPRESSIONISM.
It is a very interesting showcase and has already done mega business for the museum since it began on January 19th of this year, I wish that you and Sora can see it if you haven't already ( I believe that it is a traveling exhibition and is on loan from another museum) not to be presumptious but I have a feeling that you and Sora would really appreciate it.
Blessings.
Bonjour mon amie, thank you for telling us, at this point in time we have not seen it yet but we know of it.

Fennario

#489168 Feb 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
for me nothing of this earth or this life would cause me to give up Christ. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?
That's nice.

Your "soul" is already lost. The highest form of existence for a human being is called "self-actualization. " From Wiki:

"Self-actualization' is a term that has been used in various psychology theories, often in slightly different ways. The term was originally introduced by the organismic theorist Kurt Goldstein for the motive to realize one's full potential. In his view, it is the organism's master motive, the only real motive: "the tendency to actualize itself as fully as possible is the basic drive...the drive of self-actualization."

"Carl Rogers similarly wrote of "the curative force in psychotherapy - man's tendency to actualize himself, to become his potentialities...to express and activate all the capacities of the organism."

"The concept was brought most fully to prominence in Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs theory as the final level of psychological development that can be achieved when all basic and mental needs are essentially fulfilled and the "actualization" of the full personal potential takes place"

If you're late middle age or older, your window for achieving self-actualization and authentic existence has probably passed.

Even if you're younger, with an attitude like yours, the prognosis for you ever tunneling out is quite poor. Your only hope is that you have not learned to squelch your native cognitive dissonance thoroughly and indefinitely. If you have, you are irretrievably lost.

You have no other resources but your innate need for truth, justice and your response to reason - if any. Your church has tried to cripple all of it. Has it?
Sora

Chula Vista, CA

#489169 Feb 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir mon ami Sora, thank you for your well thoughtout and honest post, by your commentary I can tell that you and your wife have a humbleness of spirit and heart that I believe is truly inspirational to others, as the Bible says you are a light set upon a hill for all to see.
Yes.........we can all be a little more tolarant of one another I believe, and scripture is really best conveyed when the Holy Ghost learn and direct us to do it and not so much on our own, the Bible does said that every man (women as well) is right in his OWN eyes and has you eluded to it is wise to allow the creator God of all things to judge to deal with all of human kind.
Again........look forward to further correspondance with you and your lovely mate and a Blessed day/night to the both of you.
Bonjour mon ami, I am pleased to know that you see and understand the point Seraphine and I try to convey. I leave the judgement to God Monsieur, in my opinion we as human beings should do best to remember this. As you can see Seraphine and do just this, California reminds me of my native Martinique in its diversity of people and especially the weather. Rain shall come on Tuesday and Wednesday, I have seen rain Monsieur rain in Martinique is torrential I remember as a child spending days indoors at a time. It is morning here in California. Thank you for telling us we inspire people we live by deed and not by word. More here could learn from this, our words spurn forth our actions and show people what is in our heart. Seraphine later shall share with you a beautiful testimony to this ideal of ours.

Fennario

#489170 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I don't think he's recognized the faults in his behavior, or asked Jesus or his dad to forgive him for these particular faults. If he thinks he's received, or will receive blanket forgiveness from God, I don't see how he would feel compelled to make sure that he recognized all his faults, or to seek forgiveness from those he wronged. So far, it doesn't seem like he is compelled enough to even consider the possibility that he might be wrong.
Good analysis.

They did a number on him. His beliefs have impeded his intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth.

How is that good for anybody that we care about?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#489171 Feb 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour mon amie, thank you for telling us, at this point in time we have not seen it yet but we know of it.
It's a traveling exhibition, currently in Columbia, South Carolina.

I saw it. Wonderful. But of course, impressionism is indeed beautiful.

For me, the Musee d'Orsay is best--their Van Goghs are sublime, I can never keep a dry eye gazing at his paintings there.

Location hidden

#489172 Feb 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir mon amie Seraphine, you are not only so right about the surrounding beauty that surrounds us, but your post and french heritage sparks me to make mention that I currently work at my cities museum of art and right now until April 21, 2013 we have on display as our main exhibition a number of paintings done by all French artists well known and the title of the exhibit is..........FROM MONET TO MATISSE, IMPRESSIONISM.
It is a very interesting showcase and has already done mega business for the museum since it began on January 19th of this year, I wish that you and Sora can see it if you haven't already ( I believe that it is a traveling exhibition and is on loan from another museum) not to be presumptious but I have a feeling that you and Sora would really appreciate it.
Blessings.
Bonjour mon ami, here then is my testimony to our ideals. As you and others here now I am a Creole and an art restorer and painter. Many of my clientele are active bigots, a contradiction? I think not. Two days ago one of my higher paying clients came to me who is a member of the KKK. After much hesitation and shuffling of feet (This man is 6"4 I am a mere 5"3) he told me he did not have all of the money, he greeted Sora as always with a nod and a wave which is always reciprocated. He then explained to me his mother was in the hospital for Leaukemia and he did not have the money to cover the treatments, the poor woman is barely clinging to life we have seen her. I gave him a check for a large amount of money. We are wealthy but we believe our money is no good unless we help other people, all people we can one at a time. He began to cry, Sora and I embrace him and he begins to cry harder why? He can feel our love and compassion. We invited him to dinner Sora cooked as usual. Afterwards he left. I have wonderful news her Cancer is in remission, it is wonderful to know that love and kindness are the most powerful tools we as human beings possess. Thankfully we make use of those every day. He also resigned from the Klan this morning, he tells us that his eyes have been opened through his dealing with us. As we stated we treat all people equally bigots included. Hava a wonderful morning and I hope my testimony inspires people to help others in a small way.

Location hidden

#489173 Feb 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, the Musee d'Orsay is best--their Van Goghs are sublime, I can never keep a dry eye gazing at his paintings there.
Bonsoir mon ami, indeed they are I have an affinity for the paintings of Renoir and Degas. We have a braod love of painting and genres involved but as mentioned this Rachel Ruysch painting was one that invokes memories of childhood and of a career began so long ago.
Sora

Chula Vista, CA

#489174 Feb 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour Monsieur as you know Seraphine is from the South and we go back there when we can lately we have found no time to travel. I also like the paintings of Van Gogh I also enjoy the paintings of Edgar Degas, he was part Creole as well. We view his works with interest. The painting called Waiting is one of my favorites because my sister studied ballet, her feet would often be sore and there were times when she could barely walk and we had to help her to bed and to walk at times. She was also a talented violinist she was called a modern day Paginini. Her rendition of the Devil's Trill is something that shall haunt me forever.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#489175 Feb 16, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Grace.
I've never been on facebook and wouldn't have the first clue how to get on it with the ability to find you guys. I do know that with the way things are now in here it's a very undesirable place to be. It's turned into nothing but an ugly mud slinging place. So being able to fellowship in a place like facebook where the garbage that's going on in here can be avoided would be wonderful.
God bless.
Hey bro. I'm with you. For the most part I'm left it as I don't need the hate on display here. I did try to wave at Epip and gave a quick testimony since I saw some postings dealing what wife and I have in our past. God knows. I was in the hospital last week with hernia surgery, doing good just sore. Praying for you as well. Gods love.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#489176 Feb 16, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
...It's turned into nothing but an ugly mud slinging place...
ROFLMAO

Did you remember to wash the bowl inside and out ?

That was Pilate's mistake, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Darwins Stepchild 856,156
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 7 min Johnny 6,122
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 5,852
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min ChristineM 444,400
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 15 min USaWarringIdiotic... 1,472
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Padtrick Daniels 596,777
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 32 min Burke Devlin 9
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,092
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 177,231
More from around the web