Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#489138 Feb 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
SP...the ironic aspect of your post...homosexuality was not brought to the forefront of this thread by a homosexual nor by anyone that supports them. If you look back over the history of this thread...most often it is brought up by the very posters that you are saying are against it.
There are some...that in their zeal to talk about sin...most often focus on homosexuality. Since this thread might be of a religious topic it is in actuality an opinion/discussion thread located on "Top Stories" on a secular medium called Topix it is open to any and all...just as the threads with a non-religious topic is open to all Christians.
If someone on this threads condemns any segment of society there is and will be someone to espouse the opposite view. It is common for debates/discussion to get heated. It is the way that works...nature of this game you might say.
One can not assume IMO that all that are against homosexuals for whatever reason are bigots. Most of us oppose something that is legal. Does that make us all bigots...no...just means that we don't agree.
Bigotry doesn't come in to play until one sets out to denigrate a group of people. When someone states, implies, infers that a group of people are less than themselves...that is bigotry.
You can figure out for yourself if your posts putting homosexuals and pedophiles in the same sentence as if they were synonymous was stating, implying, inferring that homosexuals are pedophiles. Others will form their own opinions about your intentions and form an opinion.
Sometimes it would behoove us all to put ourselves in another persons shoes and read our posts from their perspective.
You made a statement in one of your posts...
"Not all homosexuals are pedophiles I suppose" or maybe it went this way..."Not all pedophiles are homosexuals I suppose". Either version leaves the reader with the impression that you are undecided.
What if someone had said...
Not all Christians hate...I suppose.
Not all Christians are bigots...I suppose.
Not all heterosexual men rape women...I suppose.
Not all...not all...not all...I suppose.
Well said.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#489139 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
:)
Good to see you, Hiding.

Always.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#489141 Feb 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you, Hiding.
Always.
You too!!!

Your picture has changed!

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#489142 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ians..
You DO realize that you are just as judgemental as the Christians who are judging you..right?? There isn't a whole lot of difference between you and believers except the aspect of God. Take God out of the picture for a minute and Its easy to realize that people are people regardless of their belief or lack of belief. None are any better or any worse. What kind of Doctor are you? Do you care what peoples beliefs are when you are examining them or whatever it is that you do as a doctor. Have you ever had a patient ask you if you believe in God? Would you work harder to save somebody if they were not a Christian? Just asking..But I do have a reason for wondering..Have a great day Ians.
Good morning Grace, hope all is well with you and yours.

Having read back over the past few pages in here it's easy to see just how true your post is. Sadly it appears that this thread has turned into a place where all people want to do is argue. Most of the posters (new and old) would rather fight than to simply ignore those that are clearly here for no other reason than to stir up trouble (like ians is).

Hopefully people will get back to simply ignoring those that are here to cause unrest and get back to sharing the good news about salvation through Jesus Christ (which is what this thread was all about at one time). I guess only time will tell if that ever happens. Because with the way it is in here now it's no wonder so many of the regulars that use to post in here don't anymore.

Have a good one. God bless.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#489143 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You too!!!
Your picture has changed!
Still the same me.

HEY!...your picture has changed too.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489144 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You are kind :)
Han Solo: I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#489145 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
* Christians not no victim.
Your Bible teaches differently. It speaks of that Christians will be persecuted.

One who is persecuted...is a victim of that persecution.
Examine you own immoral philosophy and stop worrying about a religion
The religion of the majority is and should be a concern to all that are affected by that religion. If ANY religion seeks to make a government based on that religion it affects ALL the citizens of that country.

We have the right to be concerned...read the 1st Amendment...it is our duty to make sure that it is enforced.
that no ask for you help
Sure it has...religion in this country expects the help of guaranteeing that they are protected under the 1st Amendment.

and no care what you think freethinker.
If no one cared about what another person thought...how would you fulfill that Great Commission. It is after all the process of helping to change the minds of others.

If Christians didn't care what others thought...why would you defend your faith...why would you even bat an eye when someone opposes Paul?

We don't live in this world and not be affected by the thinking of others. When you stop caring about how others are thinking...you wake up one day and someone elses thoughts have taken over...while you were being apathetic toward others thoughts.

Everything...good and also the bad...started with a thought...what someone else was thinking.

On an individual basis sure...most often what others think about us as individuals are not that relevant. You weren't however talking about an individual...you were talking about a whole religion...not caring how others think.

That is dangerous for us all...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#489146 Feb 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well written observations,as usual,Annie:)
Jump in a mud puddle, splash around a bit;)
Thanks and yep...sometimes you just have to jump in and get a little dirty. Mud packs work wonders!
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489147 Feb 16, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is dead for over 2000 years. There was never such thing like a sin!
good for you
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489148 Feb 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Bible teaches differently. It speaks of that Christians will be persecuted.
One who is persecuted...is a victim of that persecution.
<quoted text>
The religion of the majority is and should be a concern to all that are affected by that religion. If ANY religion seeks to make a government based on that religion it affects ALL the citizens of that country.
We have the right to be concerned...read the 1st Amendment...it is our duty to make sure that it is enforced.
<quoted text>
Sure it has...religion in this country expects the help of guaranteeing that they are protected under the 1st Amendment.
<quoted text>
If no one cared about what another person thought...how would you fulfill that Great Commission. It is after all the process of helping to change the minds of others.
If Christians didn't care what others thought...why would you defend your faith...why would you even bat an eye when someone opposes Paul?
We don't live in this world and not be affected by the thinking of others. When you stop caring about how others are thinking...you wake up one day and someone elses thoughts have taken over...while you were being apathetic toward others thoughts.
Everything...good and also the bad...started with a thought...what someone else was thinking.
On an individual basis sure...most often what others think about us as individuals are not that relevant. You weren't however talking about an individual...you were talking about a whole religion...not caring how others think.
That is dangerous for us all...
like usual empty worthles bambling.

wrath of God is dangerous for religions and for you too- for sure you don't escape this misries now, wrath of God,and Judgement for your wickedness and sin

just stop bambling nonsenses,only repent and be shut up.

nobody need women to teach here
read 1 Cor 32-35 for you very excelent passage
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489149 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Han Solo: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
this is only inside of your halucinations?
you are not "fine" and who are"we"
you don't belong to the close circle of dr Shrink clients???
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489150 Feb 16, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're smokin dope. The one world government Pope will be the False Prophet.
but now you are false prophet, liar,dumb butt, and smoker of dry grass look like marihuana,
you are "buc kart,ofla ny"
go back to Manila jungle
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489151 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need Jesus for that. All you've done is substituted one mind numbing drug for another.
Skombolis admits to being a convicted felon who had been to prison, something that I have never dangled in his face - something you and all regulars on this thread already know. That kind of person is typically drawn to your Jesus, and why preachers do better on Skid Row and Death Row, where guilt, failure and shame abound, than on Restaurant Row.
I've never even come close to killing myself with drugs, even without Jesus. Nor am I a felon, nor a hobo. Nor do I need self-forgiveness, nor anybody to tell me what to think, nor how to live. The Jesus crutch is of no value to me.
it waas skombolis error to admit about his prison term before
SCUMBAGS LIKE YOU,
YOU ARE WORSE CRIMINAL FROM SKOMBOLIS, BECAUSE YOU COVER YOUR WICKEDNESS AND MURDEROUS DESIRES TO STICK KNIFE IN SOMEONE BACKS, IN THIS CASE YOU USING SKOMBOLIS SINCERELITY TO HIT HIS IN HIS BACK

you are disgrace and meance of cyber Society,
coward
Not having guts to chalenge discussions with dr Shrink

I AM SURE DR SHRINK AFTER ONE DEBATE WITH YOU SCUMBAG,WOULD MAKE FROM YOU AND YOUR POST JUST BUNCH OF TRUSH FULL OF VERMITS AND WHITE MAGGOTS FERMENTING YOUR PRIMITIVE POSTS AND YOUR BRAIN?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#489152 Feb 16, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Grace, hope all is well with you and yours.
Having read back over the past few pages in here it's easy to see just how true your post is. Sadly it appears that this thread has turned into a place where all people want to do is argue. Most of the posters (new and old) would rather fight than to simply ignore those that are clearly here for no other reason than to stir up trouble (like ians is).
Hopefully people will get back to simply ignoring those that are here to cause unrest and get back to sharing the good news about salvation through Jesus Christ (which is what this thread was all about at one time). I guess only time will tell if that ever happens. Because with the way it is in here now it's no wonder so many of the regulars that use to post in here don't anymore.
Have a good one. God bless.
HiRA..
I have been wondering where you have been. I missed you! I dont like all this arguing either. Both sides are asking for the SAME thing..Acceptance!! Blows my mind to keep reading all this childish nonsense. I have been reading along as well. I have been trying to figure out exactly what their motives are for staying on this thread ALL day and never accomplishing ANYTHING!! It's like a dog chasing his own tail. Spinning around and around to get what is already theirs. Anyway, How have you been? Why dont you join our facebook group? All the old and new posters are on there from various threads but mainly this one. We get to know each other personally through family pictures, prayers and praise reports. Some are believers, some are not..It doesn't matter. We keep one anothers privacy "private" and it proves that once someone becomes a REAL person instead of a nameless, faceless bunch of words and names on a forum, The love and compassion for people will shine through. Let me know if you are interested..Would love to have you there instead of on here with all the negativity. God Bless You Brother

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489154 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
... But when I correct him on science and anthropology, he gets so upset that, rather than explain his argument he attacks my character and misrepresents my position....
I didn't get upset. I pointed that the 'definition' of "species" is virtualy meaningless, ambiguous and varies by discipline.

You are the one attacking me (a few weeks now). I think you just hate to have your opinions put in question, esp. by another academic.

So, dogs and wolves ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489155 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse.
If you have chosen the correct god, you are in danger of eternal flames....
Mother Earth embraces everyone.

"From earth you came and to earth you will return"

"Mother Earth will swallow you, lay your body down."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489156 Feb 16, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont sell yourself short, you're very intelligent, funny and interesting, but above all that, a genuinely good person.......... Very refreshing to find on topix..........
Agreed.

Don't tell her I said that. <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489157 Feb 16, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions are fakes!
On the personal level though, I think "based on false assumptions" would be more accurate.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489158 Feb 16, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is dead for over 2000 years. There was never such thing like a sin!
You might as well say, "Ben Franklin is dead. There was never such a thing as animal magnetism."

You have fallen into a theistic mentality, you are starting to create a non sequitur paradigm of your own.

As a friend, I suggest you take a break from here and read some Greek philosophy, Plato's Republic perhaps.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489159 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>....
Christians no need no religious leaders, Christians have the bible....
I have to agree with you. BTW, the Bible is for everyone.

The problem as I see it is that Christianity has become far more than the Bible and even farther from the words of Jesus.

I challenge everyone to read Mark for exactly what it says, no interpretations, no redefining words, no Paul, no John, no Luke, no Matthew. A completely different story (and meaning) than the ones preached from any pulpit in over 1000 years.

"The lies we learn at our mothers' knee are almost impossible to forget. Yet as adults, a truth revealed is oft forgot within a year."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min ATHEOI 48,728
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 11 min Classic 3,684
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 17 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,059
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 43 min Joe Fortuna 971,681
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 48 min WasteWater 105,615
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yellow Star 182,650
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Voyeur 38,754
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 646,602
More from around the web