Comments
470,581 - 470,600 of 599,903 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#489063 Feb 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Are slavery, genocide, ethnic cleansing, sexism, racism, rape, and incest sins?
Certainly not very nice ones!

Hi Wilde!

<waves>

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489064 Feb 16, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Hi Skom ...
For the record (for what it's worth)- I just want to point out that I have seen
you apologize and try to make ammends with posters you have gotten into "it" with..
I have indeed witnessed you humble yourself in many situations.
And I believe you to be sincere.
I may have seen him do that as well - I'm not certain.

But it would be irrelevant if he had. What I claimed is that his religion permits him to do the opposite whenever he pleases, and to forgive himself, just as he has with me.

"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me ... and I got it!" -Emo Philips

That's forgiveness on demand, which is essentially self-forgiveness.
Le_le wrote:
To me, it looks like IANS has you in another excersize on behavior. I see his points
Thank you. You are smarter than your Dim friend.
Le_le wrote:
... and sit here and try to think if I could do what he is goading you in to doing..
Goading him? To be a man?

I'm pressuring him to ask for forgiveness not for misunderstanding me, but for compounding his intellectual errors with gross moral failure.

And as I indicated, I intend to use this performance of his on this thread here and now not against him, but against his church and religion. He will be the poster child for my argument that Christian doctrine as it is applied facilitates and enables moral cowardice and self-forgiveness.

Those of you who can see merit in my argument and who realize what I can do with this might consider mitigating the damage that Dim is doing by rebuking his behavior and exhorting him to ask my forgiveness.

Fennario

#489065 Feb 16, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Pride before the fall kinda thing?
Yes, he is too proud to ask me for forgiveness. Obviously. I'm sure that most of you wish he would.
Le_le wrote:
--yet you both are calling each other liars.
There's a difference. He cannot show an example of me lying. But I have shown him lying about me repeatedly.

Dim has not supported his claim. His links to my words show that he misunderstood me and condemned me with personal slurs for his mistakes, slurs that are lies if he cannot support his claims.
Le_le wrote:
Could this be just be misscommunication, with a bit of pride mixed in??
It's more than that now. It's a prime example of the shabbiness of Christian doctrine. It's a great example of how this cheap doctrine allows people like him to feel good after dodging his moral obligations. It helps him to if that is what he chooses to do. It puts to the lie any claim of Christian accountability.

Rest assured that every time I see that crap wheeled out about unbelievers trying to escape accountability that I will wheel this out to show that it is the actually the unbeliever that is demanding accountability, and the Christian that is running from it.

If all of you are good with that, feel free to sit back and watch. If you think that Dim needs to ask me for forgiveness to diffuse that, I suggest that you exhort him to do so.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#489066 Feb 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to believe Duane is a very intelligent, well-read and well studied man. He will dish out what he receives 3 fold and I can tell you, the same way you may think Christians see themselves as above others, likewise you shouldn't try that 'being above you' business with him.
I have listened to you, and on some scientific comments you seem to be spot on, and on others you're reaching. I am no scientist. my fields of study are broad and varied but it appears when you venture out of your comfort zone (science), you desperately struggle to make any sense.
You are not above learning no matter how accomplished you are or think you may be. We all learn and grow. Some choose not to learn and remain stagnant. You don't have to believe in a Higher Power, but he does believe in you. you can't see the wind but you can feel it and see its effects. We (many of us) just don't believe in a Higher Power, we experience Him, and many of us do so daily.
You should realize that not because you don't believe means something doesn't exist. If we understand anything about the concept of the Most High, then unless it is benificial to others as a witness and to provide you with testimony, he won't reveal Himself unto you. In fact, he will harden your heart so that you become blind within your spirit, so no matter if an Angel were to come down and tell you the mysteries of Heaven, you would still not believe.
Simply, you're too close minded and self absorbed to believe in anything outside of yourself and what you can experience, see, taste, smell, feel or hear directly or indirectly. I hope I have it wrong because I would not like to believe you are this predictable and one dimensional. I sense within you, Ms From-You, strangely enough, a beautiful person. If you would just open up your heart and give us all a glimpse of teh real you, then I'm sure, we would see a butterfly and not a caterpillar.
Counter_Strike.
Duane has lots of good comments. I learn a lot from him about matters Christian and with regards to history of the Bible. But when I correct him on science and anthropology, he gets so upset that, rather than explain his argument he attacks my character and misrepresents my position. This is now the third time he's done this and I won't accept it. I am a forgiving person - Catcher always chides me on this - but after three times? Not until I get an apology first.

I'm not accomplished. Not sure where you get that idea from. I've done some good things for my department and my university, and I've contributed to my academic field - but barely. Just barely. I kind of think I'm a loser, to be honest.

I learn every minute of every day. Dogma stops learning. Dogma destroys it, provides misleading, easy answers for you rather than real knowledge. Dogma makes you believe the illusions you hold dear equate to knowledge, makes you stop being self-reflexive (not reflective; I mean reflexive).

It might help you spiritually, in your specific religion, but dogma harms scientific knowledge.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#489067 Feb 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asked a question. I honestly answered. Up until about 10-12 years ago same sex marriages were illegal not just in the United States, but in most countries world wide. Now all of the sudden same sex marriages are ok and nothing wrong with it.
You are really portraying yourself as a lousy example of a human being, and now you come with this post typed with filth ink, messing up the screen. You have blurred the lines between love and perversion and you expect people who are truthful to themselves and to their Creator to agree with your acceptance of nastiness and the sodomites. Love everyone, do not be a hypocrite and cuddle the sin.
You have no right to speak on morally charged issues because you're moral compass was borrowed from capn' Jack Sparrow. It only goes where you want to to go. Now do your Fred Sanford impersonation and call Lamont to your rescue.
CS.
200 years ago no one cared about homosexuality. Most people thought it was time wasting and perhaps sinful, but weren't overly worried about it.

Few countries bothered with laws about same sex sexual behavior.

140 years ago German sexologists thought that people who had too much sex were pathologically ill and required treatment. If you had too much sex with the same sex, you were a homosexual. If you had too much sex with the opposite sex, you were a heterosexual. Both were in need of medical intervention.

90-100 years ago the terminology shifted - mainly thanks to Freud. In that time, medical researchers have followed any number of mistaken paths to understand homosexuality - and have basically decided, within the last 40 years, that it's just part of life, part of nature.

The point is that going to history isn't going to help you. You're referring to a very specific period in history, with a specific cultural way of understanding sexuality that is not mirrored in other cultures and times.

Culture and history are dynamic. Societal constructions of sex, gender and sexuality, and the morality involved, will continue to change through time.

Fennario

#489068 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
He Lele
He actually isn't goading me into anything
You're showing me, huh?

Dimwit. You let me play you like a violin.
Skombolis wrote:
I don't engage him in his tiresome diatribes about Christianity.
No, you just volunteer to play the role of useful idiot.
Skombolis wrote:
I simply call hypocrisy or dishonesty or bigotry as I see it.
And that is your problem. "As [you] see it" your first problem. And
chastising another for your mangled interpretations is a moral failure, as is refusing to ask for forgiveness when your error is made clear to you.
Skombolis wrote:
And when someone tried to come in here and insults others and run down the morals of Christians and the church then he can expect his own terrible display of ethics and morality to be scrutinized. He has come up lacking.
Do you think so, Dimwit? The only Christians whose morals I recall running down are yours, Dimette's, and those who have been openly homophobic. I have not criticizes Christians as a class. I criticize your church, it's shabby doctrine, and individual offenders like you on an ad hoc basis.
Skombolis wrote:
I am sure he originally wanted my attention. Well he got it.
I got what I wanted, but it wasn't your attention. I just wanted a living breathing example to support my claim. Maybe you hadn't noticed that I do that:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

You are my poster child for Christian self-forgiveness. I can also use Dimette, but your example is the more glaring.
Skombolis wrote:
I think people who lie and engage in bigotry should have a mirror held up to their face
:)
I'm glad that you do. Who's a good budgie?
http://www.parakeetblog.com/wp-content/upload... [image]

Fennario

#489069 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
He denied YOUR version, not his own. Is that a lie? I also deny your version of something I said.
I said it was a "jab", not a "slam". It was also appropriate. From an outsider's perspective, there's no way to differentiate between a person praying from a person talking to themselves, or talking to aliens, or monsters, or sky gremlins, or ghosts, or Mother Earth..etc. There's no reason to indulge peoples subjective realities when you're talking about their behavior.
Thanks.

Dim has a horrible habit of substituting his own words and then using them to condemn others. A jab and a slam are very different ideas. There is an order of magnitude of intensity between a poke or a prod, and slamming something or somebody. Dim's thinking simply isn't nuanced enough to discern any distinction.

As you know, I simply got tired of him doing this with my words and asked him to stop. Instead, he redoubled his effort and began slandering me to boot. I don't know why anybody would sit for that. I sure didn't.

But being the Dimwit he is, he did it just as I was developing my argument about the shabbiness of his church's de facto doctrine of self-forgiveness, and stepped right up to the plate to offer himself as exhibit A.

I'm especially pleased that he did this on a principally Christian thread in front of his peers. I'm sure than many of them are unhappy with his choices, and the ammunition that he has given their church's detractors because he is too proud to admit his error or beg forgiveness.

Fennario

#489070 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
So I guess if we ended up believing in the wrong god and got sent to hell we could just continue to post to you on Topix!
Worse.

If you have chosen the correct god, you are in danger of eternal flames.

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." - Rev 21:8

That's you, Dim - a liar.

Of course, neither of us really believes that that is true, do we Dim? Your behavior belies your claim to believe in that god or its promises. You sin against it with every lie you have told about me.

I'm pretty sure that if a king or other dictator with absolute power and your god's jealous wrath commanded you not to lie that you wouldn't be posting like this in defiance of that command on the Internet, would you?

So what does that say about your faith? It says that it is either a sham - that you don't believe that such a god exists any more than I do - or that your faith is in a god that you believe that you can control, and whose forgiveness you can safely assume.

Fennario

#489071 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I know you are trying very hard to find a way to justify IANS post for him on why Christians wouldn't need to feel bad about people they hurt so long as they are forgiven...BUT you keep forgetting IANS in denying that is the implication he was making! D'oh
You effed up again.

That is actually much closer to what I actually said - that Christians are free to walkaway from their messes if they choose to do so because they they seem to feel free to demand forgiveness and assume that they have received it without having to make amends.

What I objected to was you converting that sentiment into a claim that I said that all Christians are as loathsome as you, and would choose to exercise that option, and then calling me a bigot for saying or even implying it.

There is no way that you don't understand that, you coward.
Skombolis wrote:
If I recognize them as mistakes and things I need forgiveness for, why would I think God would agree with it?
Because you are your god. It agrees with everything you think and do,and it forgives you when you command it to.
Skombolis wrote:
But he is claiming there was no implication at all, he was simply out of the blue mentioning that technically the forgiveness doctrine doesn't require amends to be made and then went on to his slam (which even you acknowledged) about asking the sky for forgiveness
Ecce Christianam - behold the Christian: oligophrenic, cowardly, and perfidious.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#489072 Feb 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you don't hate homosexuals, but I'm sure you will agree that your welcome isn't a very warm one for them.
I really can't understand why all the discussion on whether or not people are gay. Let them get married; it is not up to us to say they cannot get married, it is between each of us and GOD how we are Judged.

And we have seen much of many judicial systems, and they fail continually. GOD said simply ~ Judge my people (and we are all HIS people until we are not HIS person) fairly, don't judge him on his wealth, power and accolades. Don't allow the rich to suck the judges in to give him the lighter sentence (I have heard it is due to the fact that they have paid for the lawyer that they often get the lighter fine - so again the poor man is punished for not having money to pay for the lawyer in the first place) and don't let the lawyers dance around like monkeys in a court acting out some wonderful role for the rich and guilty.

If people love each other, with their hearts, then it matter what not piece of paper man(kind) give them, it is what our hearts say when they link with GOD.

And the governments are failing and so are the Churches. And we knew this would happen because it is written in the Book of Revelation; and no real effort has been made to stop what was revealed.

Let us talk about how the gay suffer ~ I know much of that first hand, but let us leave their private sex lives out of it. Let us leave all of our private sex lives out of it; and if one wants/needs to joke about sex, at least make it funny and not seductively offensive or personally directed at individuals.

Cheers, I have probably offended a few people in here because of my feelings, but I really believe some things are very personal, and private, and respectfully deserve the same.

Peace to us all, and let us live to be happy :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#489073 Feb 16, 2013
*M

O*

*R

N*

*I

N*

*G

I am the author of my life. Unfortunately Im writing in pen and I cant erase my mistakes.

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#489074 Feb 16, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, There are so many vocations in this world. There are so many ministry opportunities in this world too, in the workplace, home, neighborhood, church... Help me to see my special mission field. Where do You want me to serve? Am I in the right place? Am I taking advantage of every opportunity You have for me? Is there somewhere else You want me to exercise the spiritual gifts, natural talents, and heartfelt desires You have given me? Please open my eyes that I may see; speak to my heart that I may know. Thank You for guiding me and blessing me according to Your will. In Jesus' name I come to You, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#489075 Feb 16, 2013
Encouraging Words....

He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way.

Psalm 25:9

K-Love

#489076 Feb 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
*Repeat left you this post Le Le!
post #488848
Hello Le Le,
I wasn't aware you noted my interests/concerns for the human race, but thank you. They have been since a 3 y.o. and as 'problems' grow, so does one's responsibility!
It's a bit like accepting to do a small thing - ie. answer a call - and when that is hopefully dealt with, a bigger CALL is waiting.
Of course we have the choice to answer the call, and being the child that I was - very trusting - I made a promise. A promise to follow Jesus... which I learned as I grew up, was called a Covenant! Now it became more than just 'following' but a 100% dedicated involvement...
And so the peaceful child became the peace warrior. From my home, the term warrior was not so widely used as it is now for just about anything under the sun, but none the less... commitment must
be infectious, as I have seen many more now who are truly the same.
Like team work, the work goes on. And like even a seeming fine blade of grass - without the Light and the Force - it would have no power to push through the earth. And yet... it is growing... even if eyes cannot see!
I might have spoken briefly in another thread a long time back, but IF I do, it is 99% here. And over the past year has had to be brief now due to my schedule. Folk grow like flowers in a garden here as friends... and even weeds are very edible, as well as great for pest control... >>>BigSmile<< < Love... does not question, Ja?
What WOULD a Christian do without all folk to converse with???
mmmmmmm
Another thought...
Blessings always in His Love and Peace
I have many friends and family members, but only have the conversations as such that we have here, here. I guess one wouldn't be in something for over 7 years if one didn't enjoy the conversing, and there are quite a few of us that were there when I first started writing in the forums that are still writing in here. I still write in the original meeting forum from time to time, and mainly to a long known atheist who abhors Christians and continually calls them names, but has suffered my perseverance and we have got to know each other over the years.

When I found at that my Father had passed on to his new realm, Remudie, as he is affectionately known, sent me a basket of cyber flowers from his home to my home, and he cared much when my Queen Puggy went through her final year, and when she too moved from this realm

He was also very caring when my Mother passed on, and he knows little Prince Pugstar and although I know he has 3 big dogs, I am not sure of their names. He has described their playing times, among other things, and shown me pictures and links to the type of dog they are.

We can be at peace with each other, but when one judges guilty a group of people, or a country, then he is judging poorly the majority. But really, what I was getting at, is that it is people we want to converse with about things that interest us,'cause there is a limit to the feed back we get from our doggies :)

Fennario

#489077 Feb 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
"jab" is not "slam" in the same way that "poke" is not "impale". Is this you insulting me for being accurate? Why would you do that? Is that a bad thing, to be correct?
What is the difference between proof and evidence? In case you forgot, that distinction is relevant to your mistake.
You are right on the money, and have been very helpful. I really appreciate it.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#489078 Feb 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
This is to all that have claimed to have gay friends...gay relatives that you love and care about.
You are within your rights to believe that homosexuality is wrong.
You are within your rights to believe that homosexuality is a sin.
You are within your rights to vote against same-sex marriage.
Ask yourself though...what kind of friend are you...what kind of loving relative are you when you sit back and don't speak up about the maliciousness in comparing them to pedophiles.
What kind of love is that?
If you care about these friends and loved ones...why do you not speak up in their defense when such ugly things are implied about them?
Do you just not care?
Can these friends and loved ones that you claim to have not expect more than that from you. Are they just your friends and loved ones when it is easy for you?
Are you just too afraid to speak up because of what others may think?
IMO...they don't deserve that type of friendship...nor that type of love...they deserve much better.
My cousin passed away in 1980 at 34 years old. Aids was just starting to be understood....

Thanks for expressing your opinion...I am still a follower of Jesus and try to show his LOVE to everyone!

>>>H_U_G<<<

Fennario

#489079 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I am sure in your mind trying to minimize the adjective somehow changes the intent.
Now you're accusing others of changing meanings?
Skombolis wrote:
His post was meant to be a negative about Christians.
Now you've flipped back to this false claim. A post or two ago you nearly had it correct.
Skombolis wrote:
I am enjoying watching you guys and how you define honesty. it is quite telling
LOL. Dude - you are the show.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#489080 Feb 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
o
Why do you think it is False infomation? I was not condeming any group, But I do not need your approval on anything I post.
If you would educate yourself on NAMBLA, in your search bar, you will see that I got most all info from there.
Not all pedophiles are gay, I dont guess, but a lot are, and they admit to that. Yes there are hetrosexuals that are pedophiles.
Homosexuals choose their lifestyle.

In my opinion I don't think the homosexual chooses to be that way. I had a gay older cousin who at a young age (probably 6 or 7) remembers being attracted to a sailor in uniform.It had nothing to do with sex...just being attracted to him. He was brought up in a great upper class home...with a strong Father figure (My Uncle was a Policeman)...So I think he was born that way

#489081 Feb 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes. That is exactly the book I was referring to!
Thanks G
This is a good link for what I was talking about relating to your NDE Knowledge.
I went to Chapter X1;

***1. And in those days I will open the store chambers of blessing which are in the heaven, so as to send them down &#8968;upon the earth&#8969; over the work and labour of the children of men. 2. And truth and peace shall be associated together throughout all the days of the world and throughout all the generations of men.'***

And thought it very appropriate :)

Here is a bit about the 11:11 as I know it;

***From the Author
For many years, the numbers 11:11 have been mysteriously and repeatedly appearing to people all over the world. Often appearing on digital clocks, the sightings of 11:11 tend to occur during times of heightened awareness, having a powerful effect on those involved. They cause a reactivation of our cellular memory banks and a stirring deep inside of something long forgotten. The appearance of 11:11 is also a powerful confirmation that we are on the right track, aligned with the beam of our Highest Truth.

The 11:11 is an insertion point for the Greater Reality to enter the present moment.

On January 11, 1992 well over 100,000 people gathered together in groups large and small throughout the planet to activate the Doorway of the 11:11. This activation was significant because it was achieved without media publicity, spreading from heart to heart and by word of mouth. The groups came together as One Being and performed a series of Sacred Dances and Unified Movements at pre-arranged times.

The purpose of this activation was to open the Doorway of the 11:11. This doorway is the transition zone or bridge between two very different spirals of evolution, those of duality and Oneness. During the 11:11 ceremony, these two evolutionary spirals interlocked. This Zone of Overlap is the actual Doorway of the 11:11 which remains in position until the 11:11 closes on December 31, 2011 and the two spirals go their separate ways. Thus we have a twenty year period in which to step free from a duality-based reality system and make our ascension into Oneness.

http://www.amazon.com/11-Inside-Doorway-Solar... ***

A long story, but I was very drawn to 11:11 for a couple of years to the point that by Dec 1996 I was ringing people and simply saying; 11:11.

With no knowledge why, just a deep desire to do so. In the first half of 1997 my sister told me there was a book called 11:11 and it didn't interest me at all; what could there be in a book that was simply so fascinating and exciting, and yet simply so unknown? This was my 'experience' and could not be the same as anyone else.

I met someone in July that year, and talked of this, of course, and his brother (and fair enough too) rang a Spiritual Bookshop to more or less prove if I was talking carp or not, and ordered the book in. He didn't pick it up though, but his brother did, so I do have the book 11:11 and one of the first things I read is that some people are so keen to know their 'code' they will even seek a psychic for help.

As indeed one of the questions asked of my Psychic was what does 11:11 mean, I could really relate to that, and again realise that what is meant to be will be. One way or another, that book was meant to be in my possession :)

P.S. I don't know anyone personally that has gained anything from the book, but presumably, that is of no consequence?!

Fennario

#489082 Feb 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The subject was whether Christians feel we need to make amends for our sins so long as we are forgiven.
No it wasn't. There's nothing to discuss there. I already know that some Christians understand that demanding forgiveness from the air is not enough, and others like you and Dimette are happy to do nothing more.

The subject was that that your vapid moral theory permits you feel forgiven when you are not so that you can escape accountability.

And you are not forgiven. You just feel forgiven because you commanded your god to forgive you, which is forgiving yourself.
Skombolis wrote:
since you are saying I don't follow correctly what IANS is saying, please tell me what he is saying "nope" too and what he claims he isn't going to keep correcting me on?
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
Since he did say he believes it is possible creator gods exist but would require proof since he was making the point just because its possible doesn't mean he thinks it is and without proof wouldn't think they exist, please tell me what he was correcting me on?
Un-frigging-believable. You're functionally illiterate.

Show me where I said I require proof of a god.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 732,958
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 538,946
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 257,993
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min EdmondWA 94,669
Dumb liberal logic 11 min Bev Jamison 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Eagle 12 226,340
Last Word + 2 28 min Hannah V 500
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 55 min Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••