Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#489126 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks for you concern about Christianity. Why you no go and be concerned about your philosophy. I read this from a writer somewhere on topix, and I had to ask him to use it because the writings make some very good claims about your philosophy. some of the links might no work-but you will get the point.

Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the affirmation, but I already knew atheists are closed minded and don't believe in sin, neither moral nor natural.
Many persons seek refuge under the cloak of atheism when their carnal mores put themselves in opposition to moral guidelines. Then there are the simple minded followers that just want to find acceptance in life amongst the so-called "intellgentsia".
However, denying God by this delusion of atheism leads to a more serious problem of mental health. Of course, this would be the expected outcome when people make a terminal error in life decisions by taking a course different than that intented for mankind.
There is considerable amount of scientific evidence that suggest that theism is more conducive to mental and physical health than atheism.
( http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2001-rst/921.ht ...)
( http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/20 ...)
The prestigious Mayo Clinic reported the following on December 11, 2001:
"In an article also published in this issue of Mayo Clinic Proceedings, Mayo Clinic researchers reviewed published studies, meta-analyses, systematic reviews and subject reviews that examined the association between religious involvement and spirituality and physical health, mental health, health-related quality of life and other health outcomes.
The authors report a majority of the nearly 350 studies of physical health and 850 studies of mental health that have used religious and spiritual variables have found that religious involvement and spirituality are associated with better health outcomes."
( http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2001-rst/921.ht ...)
Currently, there is an ongoing debate regarding whether atheism was a causal factor for Friedrich Nietzsche's insanity or whether it was caused strictly by disease.
( http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/hutchison/ ...)
( http://www.ukapologetics.net/truthaboutnietzs ...)
( http://www.hkbu.edu.hk/~ppp/top/top19 )
( http://books.google.com/books ?)
( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17087793 ...)
"Trying to explain what caused his insanity can only be a matter of speculation. Some people believe it was the result of a physical illness. Others interpret his suffering as that of a true prophet, almost as if he were accepting the punishment on behalf of those who could not see mankind's tendency towards self-destruction so clearly. Still others regard his final fate as a natural outcome of his philosophical outlook."
( http://www.hkbu.edu.hk/~ppp/top/top19 )
The Russian-born psychoanalyst and writer Lou Andreas-Salomé, who had a brief and tempestuous affair with Nietzsche, believed that Nietzsche's philosophy can be viewed as a reflection of his psychology and that his madness was the result of his philosophizing.
( http://www.amazon.com/Nietzsche-Lou-Salome/dp ...)
In addition, the French historian René Girard asserted that Nietzsche's philosophy led to his insanity.
There are studies which indicate that atheism is a causal factor for suicides.
[[[[
Careful where you throw stone, when your philosophy is a glass house.

Christians no want you sympathy, Christians not no victim. Examine you own immoral philosophy and stop worrying about a religion that no ask for you help and no care what you think freethinker.
Henry

Lugau, Germany

#489128 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>?
so you write this to agree with me that in Jesus view unbelief is the worse sin?
thanks I suppose [shrughs].
whoever that mike huben is, he no matter.
Jesus is dead for over 2000 years. There was never such thing like a sin!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#489129 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You don't need Jesus for that. All you've done is substituted one mind numbing drug for another.
Skombolis admits to being a convicted felon who had been to prison, something that I have never dangled in his face - something you and all regulars on this thread already know. That kind of person is typically drawn to your Jesus, and why preachers do better on Skid Row and Death Row, where guilt, failure and shame abound, than on Restaurant Row.
I've never even come close to killing myself with drugs, even without Jesus. Nor am I a felon, nor a hobo. Nor do I need self-forgiveness, nor anybody to tell me what to think, nor how to live. The Jesus crutch is of no value to me.
Hi Ians..
You DO realize that you are just as judgemental as the Christians who are judging you..right?? There isn't a whole lot of difference between you and believers except the aspect of God. Take God out of the picture for a minute and Its easy to realize that people are people regardless of their belief or lack of belief. None are any better or any worse. What kind of Doctor are you? Do you care what peoples beliefs are when you are examining them or whatever it is that you do as a doctor. Have you ever had a patient ask you if you believe in God? Would you work harder to save somebody if they were not a Christian? Just asking..But I do have a reason for wondering..Have a great day Ians.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#489130 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he doesn't. He has lots of Christian friends.
I might get this wrong, and IANS can correct me if so, but it's your religion and your religious leaders who lie to you that he's taken a stand against. I might be leaving out some things.
btw, RR, it's good to see you again :)
you talking foolishness.

Christians no need no religious leaders, Christians have the bible.

So stop with you fakeness and hypocrisy lady. Ultimately is what the Bile say that you have a problem with and the Christians that accept the bible as God divine inspired Word.

But you throw this nonsense about religious leaders. Religion is evil, Jesus Christ is salvation. Get a clue or stop elaborate on issues you know nothing about, your ignorance is quite glaringly atrocious.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#489131 Feb 16, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
thats what you desperately and nervously hoping. good luck.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#489132 Feb 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh...you're Nihon! Troubled us much in the past on the peninsula , yet during Joseon did not expect to confront the likes of Yi Soon Shin!
But I jest, hello HFY, pleasure,
I followed yours and Duane's dialog in the past, looks a bit like things broke down between Macro and Micro evolution. Not here to get between the debate, I would recuse myself as Duane is a personal friend.
But do have a question for you , from your professional standpoint. What do you see as transitional forms on a macro-evolutionary scale,aside from those attributed to the Homo genus?
Thanks in advance, kiwo tsukete kudasai
Sorry about the war. Entirely our fault, I wish you had entirely disposed of our then government.

Let me repeat: I have always valued Duane's comments about religion and Christianity, and his comments in general.

Where he and I have differed lies in evolution and anthropology. When I correct him on these fronts, he seems to get upset to the point of personally attacking me - though I'm starting to wonder if that interpretation is simply my insecurity; if so, then I attacked him unfairly.

As to your question: I'm an evolutionary anthropologist. I can't really answer your question, as you exclude humans from it. I'm not a paleontologist, zoologist, paleobotanist or whatever. I don't know the specifics of fields of study other than anthropology.

So if you don't mind, I'll answer in a vague sense.

All forms are transitional. Not a single fossil is not transitional between some previous fossil in the same species/genera and some future fossil. Evolution is dynamic, always happening, regardless of whether we can record it's happening (it happens to genes, remember).

We have fantastic fossil lineages for all kinds of transitions.

Perhaps better questions to ask are: what do these larger families mean? Where do we draw the line between species? What does it mean to be for a population to be in one clade while another similar population is in another? Who assigns the definition of "species"? Does nature? Does your deity? Who?

How and why do such things as "species" matter - or are they just another culturally constructed category because we don't fully understand how gene pools work over time?

If you can be more specific with regards to any particular transformation, I can answer your question more fully. The thing is, I specialize in human evolution - if you ask questions about human evolution in particular, then I can answer you in particular.

Some stable somewhere

#489133 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you talking foolishness.
Christians no need no religious leaders, Christians have the bible.
So stop with you fakeness and hypocrisy lady. Ultimately is what the Bile say that you have a problem with and the Christians that accept the bible as God divine inspired Word.
But you throw this nonsense about religious leaders. Religion is evil, Jesus Christ is salvation. Get a clue or stop elaborate on issues you know nothing about, your ignorance is quite glaringly atrocious.
That's nice. You have a religious belief. And, like every other believer on the planet, you "know" that you've discovered "the one, true god."

So what? Why would I take your personal experience for reality when you haven't demonstrated any of your claims at all?

Some stable somewhere

#489134 Feb 16, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont sell yourself short, you're very intelligent, funny and interesting, but above all that, a genuinely good person.......... Very refreshing to find on topix..........
<sniffle>

Damnit, I had all kinds of things I wanted to write but forgot them all - thank you, sir, thank you.

:)

Some stable somewhere

#489135 Feb 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Albert Einstein
"Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
You are kind :)

Han Solo: I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#489136 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL. Good luck with that. Why should he apologize? He's not perfect - just self-forgiven.
I've been reading along with interest during this exchange, and it comes to mind that what you point out is something you and I and others have discussed at times - over on the atheist thread.

As a matter of fact, here's something I posted a while back and it speaks to this "state" seen in theism, and Christianity more specifically than most.

This relates to this mentality fostered within theism. The mentality that the believer is only responsible to the god(S) for whatever they do, whether in the name of the god, or not.

Ultimately, under most theistic beliefs you can only be good with the help of the perfect god, and bad because of the trickster gods help. According to believers, we are incapable of no more or less without the intervention of the god(S).

The perfect god(S) and trickster god(S) are given credit for what we do all by ourselves.

This is a flawed and escapist sort of reasoning used by theists. They are able to avoid being truly accountable to their fellow man, and, depending on the circumstance, will claim a type of immunity by divine authority or forgiveness by that divinity, or claim being manipulated by the evil agent, expecting sympathy and leniency due to either circumstance.

Some, even being so bold as to not need to be absolved on any material level since they've been forgiven by the perfect god, and have no need of mans involvement at all.

It negates morals, even those morals claimed by the theist to have been given by the particular deity. A person, whether practicing the religion "correctly", or, "incorrectly", can obtain absolution at all times. No matter the circumstance.

Ultimately, within that framework of skewed theistic moral view and responsibility, no one need ever know about crimes or transgressions. Those things can remain "dirty little secrets". That's not a good thing for a society. Or civilization.

That mentality is dangerous. It amounts to a person muttering under their breath a prayer of forgiveness to the ceiling fan whirring overhead and it's forgiven and forgotten. The ceiling fan will tell no one. The silence of the fan is its acknowledgement of your prayer.

Fortunately, the deity always says it's okay, always~/.

You are forgiven. Right?

Where is the morality in that type of system?

Some stable somewhere

#489137 Feb 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Due to my new academic position, I will be able to get my High School students 'dual entollment' with up to 12 college credits before they even have a H.S. diploma.
What was someone saying about our education system sucking because of bad eductors ?
You are a good teacher, and person, to care about your students thusly. So many teachers don't, it's upsetting.

Location hidden

#489138 Feb 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
SP...the ironic aspect of your post...homosexuality was not brought to the forefront of this thread by a homosexual nor by anyone that supports them. If you look back over the history of this thread...most often it is brought up by the very posters that you are saying are against it.
There are some...that in their zeal to talk about sin...most often focus on homosexuality. Since this thread might be of a religious topic it is in actuality an opinion/discussion thread located on "Top Stories" on a secular medium called Topix it is open to any and all...just as the threads with a non-religious topic is open to all Christians.
If someone on this threads condemns any segment of society there is and will be someone to espouse the opposite view. It is common for debates/discussion to get heated. It is the way that works...nature of this game you might say.
One can not assume IMO that all that are against homosexuals for whatever reason are bigots. Most of us oppose something that is legal. Does that make us all bigots...no...just means that we don't agree.
Bigotry doesn't come in to play until one sets out to denigrate a group of people. When someone states, implies, infers that a group of people are less than themselves...that is bigotry.
You can figure out for yourself if your posts putting homosexuals and pedophiles in the same sentence as if they were synonymous was stating, implying, inferring that homosexuals are pedophiles. Others will form their own opinions about your intentions and form an opinion.
Sometimes it would behoove us all to put ourselves in another persons shoes and read our posts from their perspective.
You made a statement in one of your posts...
"Not all homosexuals are pedophiles I suppose" or maybe it went this way..."Not all pedophiles are homosexuals I suppose". Either version leaves the reader with the impression that you are undecided.
What if someone had said...
Not all Christians hate...I suppose.
Not all Christians are bigots...I suppose.
Not all heterosexual men rape women...I suppose.
Not all...not all...not all...I suppose.
Well said.

Location hidden

#489139 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Good to see you, Hiding.

Always.

Some stable somewhere

#489141 Feb 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you, Hiding.
Always.
You too!!!

Your picture has changed!

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#489142 Feb 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ians..
You DO realize that you are just as judgemental as the Christians who are judging you..right?? There isn't a whole lot of difference between you and believers except the aspect of God. Take God out of the picture for a minute and Its easy to realize that people are people regardless of their belief or lack of belief. None are any better or any worse. What kind of Doctor are you? Do you care what peoples beliefs are when you are examining them or whatever it is that you do as a doctor. Have you ever had a patient ask you if you believe in God? Would you work harder to save somebody if they were not a Christian? Just asking..But I do have a reason for wondering..Have a great day Ians.
Good morning Grace, hope all is well with you and yours.

Having read back over the past few pages in here it's easy to see just how true your post is. Sadly it appears that this thread has turned into a place where all people want to do is argue. Most of the posters (new and old) would rather fight than to simply ignore those that are clearly here for no other reason than to stir up trouble (like ians is).

Hopefully people will get back to simply ignoring those that are here to cause unrest and get back to sharing the good news about salvation through Jesus Christ (which is what this thread was all about at one time). I guess only time will tell if that ever happens. Because with the way it is in here now it's no wonder so many of the regulars that use to post in here don't anymore.

Have a good one. God bless.

Location hidden

#489143 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You too!!!
Your picture has changed!
Still the same me.

HEY!...your picture has changed too.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#489144 Feb 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You are kind :)
Han Solo: I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#489145 Feb 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
* Christians not no victim.
Your Bible teaches differently. It speaks of that Christians will be persecuted.

One who is persecuted...is a victim of that persecution.
Examine you own immoral philosophy and stop worrying about a religion
The religion of the majority is and should be a concern to all that are affected by that religion. If ANY religion seeks to make a government based on that religion it affects ALL the citizens of that country.

We have the right to be concerned...read the 1st Amendment...it is our duty to make sure that it is enforced.
that no ask for you help
Sure it has...religion in this country expects the help of guaranteeing that they are protected under the 1st Amendment.

and no care what you think freethinker.
If no one cared about what another person thought...how would you fulfill that Great Commission. It is after all the process of helping to change the minds of others.

If Christians didn't care what others thought...why would you defend your faith...why would you even bat an eye when someone opposes Paul?

We don't live in this world and not be affected by the thinking of others. When you stop caring about how others are thinking...you wake up one day and someone elses thoughts have taken over...while you were being apathetic toward others thoughts.

Everything...good and also the bad...started with a thought...what someone else was thinking.

On an individual basis sure...most often what others think about us as individuals are not that relevant. You weren't however talking about an individual...you were talking about a whole religion...not caring how others think.

That is dangerous for us all...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#489146 Feb 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well written observations,as usual,Annie:)
Jump in a mud puddle, splash around a bit;)
Thanks and yep...sometimes you just have to jump in and get a little dirty. Mud packs work wonders!
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#489147 Feb 16, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
good for you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 1 min Peter Ross 12
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Bongo 52,991
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Big Al 992,293
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min Tony 6,744
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Holy Pipek 446,001
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Chuck 693,468
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 17 min Holy Pipek 44
More from around the web