Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#489084 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should it be anything other than neutrality?
It has long been my position that most or all homophobia in the West originates in the Christian church, and that all homophobes learned their hate from their religion, or from somebody else that did. That is, if the church would stop persecuting gays, eventually, so would everybody else.
Did you know they publicly hang homosexuals in this day and age? I was in a forum for awhile where they had hung men (it is not tolerated by Muslims in certain countries and punishable by death) and was protesting it was wrong, along with many others. It just became a never ending argument and I think the forum just died out in the end, and again, it is not good to judge all Christians and the Churches, because JESUS came with HIS message of love and peace and told us to love each other as we would love ourselves.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shru...

Anyway, don't follow the link if you don't want to read up and see photos of people hanging, but just letting you know that this behaviour did not originate in the Christian Church, because any Church of Christ, by the words of JESUS HIMSELF, would be abhorred at the cruel treatment of human beings.

#489085 Feb 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
*M
O*
*R
N*
*I
N*
*G
“I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I’m writing in pen and I can’t erase my mistakes.”
Thought for the Day
LOL..... thankfully there is no need to erase them ~ as long as we learned from them :) Otherwise I would be in deep water :)

#489086 Feb 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, There are so many vocations in this world. There are so many ministry opportunities in this world too, in the workplace, home, neighborhood, church... Help me to see my special mission field. Where do You want me to serve? Am I in the right place? Am I taking advantage of every opportunity You have for me? Is there somewhere else You want me to exercise the spiritual gifts, natural talents, and heartfelt desires You have given me? Please open my eyes that I may see; speak to my heart that I may know. Thank You for guiding me and blessing me according to Your will. In Jesus' name I come to You, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#489087 Feb 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you erred when you assumed certain things about Oscar ..
.. now you walk away from your mistakes without acknowledging them. You owe Oscar an apology ..
LOL. Good luck with that. Why should he apologize? He's not perfect - just self-forgiven.

#489088 Feb 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin passed away in 1980 at 34 years old. Aids was just starting to be understood....
Thanks for expressing your opinion...I am still a follower of Jesus and try to show his LOVE to everyone!
>>>H_U_G<<<
My brother was diagnosed with AIDs just before that and my favorite Uncle died of AIDs 22 years ago. It was indeed a sad time for many families world wide until they learned how to protect the spread of the disease, at least in Western countries. They still have many problems in the least cared for countries, but hopefully will have it completely stamped out sooner rather than later.'Tis sad indeed hearing of babies being born with the infection :(

Fennario

#489089 Feb 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
What you think of the church and Christianity isn't relevant to me nor does that affect me in any way.
Great. Then you have no reason to object to any of it.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I simply disagree 100% with the gay lifestle both spiritually, morally, physically, idealogically and also based on my faith.
I know. You have uncritically accepted and assimilated the downloaded meme, and now you mindlessly regurgitate it, just like tens or hundreds of millions of other Christians.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#489090 Feb 16, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
Forget about reported cases, "Lot" knew exactly who he was laying with...
Cause....you and Lot are like this....(Epi crosses her fingers)

Close Buds Huh?....Tell each other everything....Right?

:-)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#489091 Feb 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! He's gone from us now, but as an "ordained" graduate student...I kin offer ya the same courses an degrees...includ'n the 1 minute law degree. Do ya got paypal?
Lol... Can I pay with virtual cash?

#489092 Feb 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion I don't think the homosexual chooses to be that way. I had a gay older cousin who at a young age (probably 6 or 7) remembers being attracted to a sailor in uniform.It had nothing to do with sex...just being attracted to him. He was brought up in a great upper class home...with a strong Father figure (My Uncle was a Policeman)...So I think he was born that way
I think a lot of children aspire to uniforms and want to be firemen/women, policemen/women, nurses etc and so on and in some way, that would be a type of being attracted, and obviously, like your cousin, not in a sexual way. But agree with you in that it must be within as such; something they have no choice over.

Fennario

#489093 Feb 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I appreciate that. I already looked up joke, teenager and broomsticks. I'm now a regular philomath.
Good word! I had to look it up.

#489094 Feb 16, 2013
Goodnight all ~ it is time for me to lay down and watch a bit of TV; been a big day and ready to hit the hay :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#489095 Feb 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
Goodnight all ~ it is time for me to lay down and watch a bit of TV; been a big day and ready to hit the hay :)
Sweet Dreams

Peace.....

Love.....

and

Brotherhood...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#489096 Feb 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
NAMBLA is a group of pedophiles (they are also homosexuals) and pedophile activists , who are seeking to abolish the 'age of consent laws and encourage legislation to allow sex with children.
Most of these members the men prefer young boys, and then these young boys are hooked! and grow up to be homosexuals, building up the homosexual population.
The ones that have gotten out of this and turned their life to Jesus Christ, have also confided that they were molested at a young age.
Same with lesbians, once they are hooked with same sex, it is hard to think of anything else, and become a lesbian,thinking they will be happier.
Homosexuals, pedophiles, lesians all want to
be considered NORMAL, and NATURAL, this is what they want ,'To be accepted as OK' It is their RIGHT for freedom, freedom to do as they want and to be lef alone.
I thought people in a different forum and South Park were joking.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#489097 Feb 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 15:1-20
Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said,“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.” He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded,‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ But you say,‘If anyone tells his father or his mother,“What you would have gained from me is given to God,” he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”
What Defiles a Person
And he called the people to him and said to them,“Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” Then the disciples came and said to him,“Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?” He answered,“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” But Peter said to him,“Explain the parable to us.” And he said,“Are you also still without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. 20 These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”
Hi Lucy,
Jesus had a BIG problem with the Pharisee's and Scribes. They were teachers of the Law. They demanded that the people keep the Law that they themselves could not keep. Jesus called the Pharisee's " Hypocries" seven different times and are now calling them blind guides!! WHY? Because the Pharisee's felt that honoring the Law and Traditions would get them closer to God.(In other words) They felt that they were above all others by their WORKS of the flesh (obedience) They honored God with lip service and not out of Love.( heart) It's a lot like an adult child who has moved out of their parents home..They are not "under" their parents rules anymore but out of LOVE and Honor..They still obey their parents rules because they WANT to, NOT because it is forced upon them..What some religious people dont seem to understand is that..Its NOT the "acts" of homosexuality, murder and such that keeps people away from God...Its their Unbelief. Unbelief is the ONLY unforgiven sin. Religion and its man made rules and hypocricy is what keeps people away from God...God Bless You Lucy

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#489098 Feb 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd question??? Dear, you asked me the question of why would I go on that web site! Don't twist it around.
Yes I have heard of that organization, before Obama, was just curious on how it fit in to 'Obama safe schools.
It fits in to the discussion because schools are teaching about Homosexual, now.
This thread is "Why should Jesus love me'
It is sounding more like the thread Is Homosexuality a Sin
Homosexuals know this is a Christian thread, and they know how most Christians feel about homosexuality ACTS.(most Christians , anyway) Christians believe the Bible.
SP...the ironic aspect of your post...homosexuality was not brought to the forefront of this thread by a homosexual nor by anyone that supports them. If you look back over the history of this thread...most often it is brought up by the very posters that you are saying are against it.

There are some...that in their zeal to talk about sin...most often focus on homosexuality. Since this thread might be of a religious topic it is in actuality an opinion/discussion thread located on "Top Stories" on a secular medium called Topix it is open to any and all...just as the threads with a non-religious topic is open to all Christians.

If someone on this threads condemns any segment of society there is and will be someone to espouse the opposite view. It is common for debates/discussion to get heated. It is the way that works...nature of this game you might say.

One can not assume IMO that all that are against homosexuals for whatever reason are bigots. Most of us oppose something that is legal. Does that make us all bigots...no...just means that we don't agree.

Bigotry doesn't come in to play until one sets out to denigrate a group of people. When someone states, implies, infers that a group of people are less than themselves...that is bigotry.

You can figure out for yourself if your posts putting homosexuals and pedophiles in the same sentence as if they were synonymous was stating, implying, inferring that homosexuals are pedophiles. Others will form their own opinions about your intentions and form an opinion.

Sometimes it would behoove us all to put ourselves in another persons shoes and read our posts from their perspective.

You made a statement in one of your posts...

"Not all homosexuals are pedophiles I suppose" or maybe it went this way..."Not all pedophiles are homosexuals I suppose". Either version leaves the reader with the impression that you are undecided.

What if someone had said...

Not all Christians hate...I suppose.

Not all Christians are bigots...I suppose.

Not all heterosexual men rape women...I suppose.

Not all...not all...not all...I suppose.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#489099 Feb 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well...If that's literal stuff LW, I'm in fer one heck of a beat'n, coz mine's pretty tore up...Evil Kneivel type stuff, y'know?!
You must be a good size Evil Kneivel.Guess just tell on myself.I much like I was when I was young same height,same weight,same size shoe none of that stuff changed much.My change came in around the heart area.Let see it is has been cracked,stomped on smashed,broken,ripped toren,run thru a grinder humm think that covers it.It been super glued,tugga war glued,flour pasted,cemented,mended,sewed,h ealed.All the damages have been thrown away,never thought about, forgotten never talked about and forgiven.My mirror says I still cut a fine figure and still can cut a rug when I dance.lol lol And the beat of the heart only hears music theses days.lol lol It called happiness.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#489100 Feb 16, 2013
Christians..Please Stop dis-qualifying people. The blood of Jesus QUALIFIES ALL people. The blood of Christ is too great to be defeated by your sin. Jesus paid a great price on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24). Many Christians wrongly walk in the “conditional blessing” pattern of the Old Testament.( OLD COVENANT) Even as Christians, we often wrongly adhere to the “if / then” theology of the Old Covenant. That is, under the Old Covenant you got what you deserved. We are told to be kind, because God in Christ forgave us (Ephesians 4:32).

Forgiveness is a past work that is complete- not a future promise if we perform correctly (even if that performance is by forgiving people). We are told to bear with one another, over-extending GRACE to each other. We do this, too, because we have already been forgiven. God has over-extended Himself to us (Colossians 3:13). We forgive because our sins have been forgiven- not so that they will be.(1 John 2:12).
Quit striving to earn, maintain, or keep from losing something that God has already promised you Enjoy it- "and share that joy with others".

Location hidden

#489101 Feb 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Old trick...If'n ya really wants someone ta listen more intently ...whisper.
I laughting at you so hard it is unreal lol lol.Captain why do you think they call me lil whispers.(soft voice almost like a whisper)Three things I cannot do yawn,stretch,or yell.Never learned how to whistle either.lol However I can talk up a storm with the eyes.lol.
You know the old saying if looks could kill I be one dead hornet.lol that is me.

Location hidden

#489102 Feb 16, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
I won't argue with that.
Would your "High" be natural, or self induced?
I just got to tell ya Mike I love ya just as you are.
lol I do not even take vitamins or any type of meds.
Has to be a natural high cause is nothing induced unless
ya think the air got something to do with it.If that be
the case opps you are in some for some deep thinking.lol.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#489103 Feb 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
“Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.”- Mike Huben
<quoted text>
I'm sure it is in every religion. What do you suppose the Scientologists teach about doubting L. Ron Hubbard? What do you suppose David Koresh taught about doubting him?
?
so you write this to agree with me that in Jesus view unbelief is the worse sin?

thanks I suppose [shrughs].

whoever that mike huben is, he no matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 42 min Thinking 92,418
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 667,636
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 979,330
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 183,614
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 285,972
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 5 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
More from around the web