“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488691 Feb 15, 2013
I need a new keboard. This one has messed up kes.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#488692 Feb 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes no sense. If the debt was paid, then it was paid, whether I believe the story or not. If I pay off your credit card balance, it's paid off whether you believe that I did or not. How is the debt only paid if I happen to believe it? Either Jesus died on the cross for all sins or he didn't. If I don't believe it then does the past change somehow? How does that work?
<quoted text>
So why is God's mission only 1/3 effective after over 2,000 years? God is either a very poor communicator or doing a bad job of convincing people that it exists. Seems to me the obvious solution is to prove that it exists. Why does God play head-games?
<quoted text>
When I was a born-again Christian I did, yes. Made no difference though.
<quoted text>
Keeping it real means making wild assumptions about total strangers? Okaaaay. Keeping it real isn't very real then, is it?
So you comparing jesus death on the cross to a credit card debt? oy!lol.

well then if someone pay you credit card debt, but you reject the payment and tell the bank give back the money, well you still owe the debt. you reject Jesus, you sin debt still owed.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488693 Feb 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, the Bible refers to the Earth as flat, and also sometimes as a square. A circle is not a sphere. A circle is also not a square, so that is just one more contradictory aspect of the Bible.
<quoted text>
That's right. And there are no corners on a sphere, or a circle either for that matter.
<quoted text>
Why does belief make any difference? If the debt is paid, then the job is done. If I don't believe does that change the fact of the past?
<quoted text>
Well again, if all that has been accomplished already, belief doesn't enter into it.
Why are you trying to explain geometry to those who think that 1+1+1=1 ?

LOL

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#488694 Feb 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry extians who got nowhere near power, had no faith and couldn't get their lies into the Bible are now reliable sources? For every un credible extian or atheist 'scholar' there are 20 credible ones from different times, religions, cultures, beliefs etc...Atheists cannot possibly be objective either. Both think they know everything, no human knows everything, no credibility. Even Scientists, especially the credible ones admit no concrete evidence that there is no God. Good luck with your cause and all, but one has to wonder why you've chosen topix for it :-)
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of atheism. Atheism makes no claim to knowledge. Atheism is simply skepticism of religious claims. Any atheist who claims to know everything is obviously as much a fool as a religious person saying the same thing.

I don't know how you are defining "concrete evidence", but you cannot prove there is no God in the same way you cannot prove there is no tooth fairy. You can't prove a negative. The burden of proof is on those making a claim, not the reverse. Religious people make claims about gods, and atheists are the skeptics asking for objective evidence for those claims. BTW, you yourself are an atheist, assuming you don't believe that every god ever conceived exists. The fact that there is no objective evidence for the existence of an all-powerful deity which supposedly wants to be believed in by humans in particular is very telling in itself. There is every reason for there to be a whole lot of objective evidence for such a deity, yet there is none at all.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#488695 Feb 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So you comparing jesus death on the cross to a credit card debt? oy!lol.
well then if someone pay you credit card debt, but you reject the payment and tell the bank give back the money, well you still owe the debt. you reject Jesus, you sin debt still owed.
So if I don't believe Jesus was a messiah he did not actually die on the cross? Either Jesus died for everyone's sins, or he didn't. What difference does my belief make?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#488696 Feb 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
LOL
What??
You wrote:
"I disagree, maybe. Given Skom's ego, he probably believes that God has his back, and agrees with his mistakes."
The subject was whether Christians feel we need to make amends for our sins so long as we are forgiven. You said my pride would result in me thinking God agrees with my mistakes. The implication is I would no no incentive to make amends feeling God supported what I did.
I apologize. I wrote that to IANS. Had I written it to you, I would have been a bit more explicit.

I think your ego is preventing you from seeing your error as an error. I think you would then have no reason to ask anyone for forgiveness, because you believe you didn't do anything wrong. You might even assume that God agrees with your assessment of your behavior, and might not feel the least bit worried about what God might think, but at least you must believe that the truth is known to him.

I've tried showing you where your error is. You paraphrased IANS incorrectly. He denied your version of what he said. You then assumed that his denial meant that he was claiming the opposite of your paraphrasing (fallacy of false dichotomy), and then called him a liar for that, and continued to do so after your mistake was exposed. I don't expect you to recognize it now. You're far too ego invested at this point. What I expect is for you to put up your shields or run away.
Skombolis wrote:
So either i don't think it is a sin if i feel God supports it and the it has nothing to do with whether a Christian would feel they need to make amends for their sins since I wouldn't see it as a sin or I see it as a sin but think God supports me on it. And since the topix was is amends needed after receiving forgiveness and someone would only ask for forgiveness if they thought they sinned, it clearly can't be the first option
Sorry IANS jr, but you could save yourself a lot of time by simply standing behind your words instead of trying to find unbelievable and inapplicable technicalities to try to squirm out of them. But i understand why you would take that route since you are trying to come up with a defense for someone doing the same thing.
Please support your claims.
Skombolis wrote:
But since you are saying I don't follow correctly what IANS is saying, please tell me what he is saying "nope" too and what he claims he isn't going to keep correcting me on?
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
Since he did say he believes it is possible creator gods exist but would require proof since he was making the point just because its possible doesn't mean he thinks it is and without proof wouldn't think they exist, please tell me what he was correcting me on?
He never said he would require proof. He said he would require evidence.

There is a difference between proof and evidence.

If you are out in the woods, and find two walnuts on the ground, that is evidence of something. It might be evidence that there is a walnut tree nearby. It's not proof of that. It could be evidence that the walnuts were dropped there by an animal. I would believe, based on reasonably sufficient evidence, that if I found a thousand walnuts under a tree, that that tree is a walnut tree. It still might not be a walnut tree, however. That sufficient evidence would not be proof.

Do you need IANS to tell you? He cleared this up in a post already.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#488697 Feb 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>This makes no sense. If the debt was paid, then it was paid, whether I believe the story or not. If I pay off your credit card balance, it's paid off whether you believe that I did or not. How is the debt only paid if I happen to believe it? Either Jesus died on the cross for all sins or he didn't. If I don't believe it then does the past change somehow? How does that work?

[QUOTE]The 1/3 number is relevant. The mission is for the whole earth to know the gospel and why Jesus died for them. That the job of the jesus follower. Who get saved, that the job of God."

So why is God's mission only 1/3 effective after over 2,000 years? God is either a very poor communicator or doing a bad job of convincing people that it exists. Seems to me the obvious solution is to prove that it exists. Why does God play head-games?

[QUOTE]Just curious, have you asked Jesus to forgive you of your homosexual practices and take that urge from you? maybe then God will hear you."

When I was a born-again Christian I did, yes. Made no difference though.

[QUOTE]But you won't get a response from Jesus wanting to practice homosexuality and be a Jesus follower to. Maybe is because you want both and Jesus know it why he no respond to you.
As Dr Reality say just keeping it real."

Keeping it real means making wild assumptions about total strangers? Okaaaay. Keeping it real isn't very real then, is it?
If keeping it real means making wild assumptions about total strangers and you think keeping it real isn't very real (very? are there degrees of reality?) then you and your buddies here and on WINLAC, are delusional, whilst calling Christians delusional. Interesting.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#488698 Feb 15, 2013
.. do you realize how demeaning your post is ??..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not agree with the lifesyle.
.. homosexuality is not a lifestyle ..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>But, when they announce it,
.. you're proud to be a Christian, right? You've regularly proclaimed yourself a true believer. Looky here:

Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text> I felt like I must say something. I am a Christian,a follower of Christ.

.. you are quite visible but want gays and atheists to be invisible, right ??..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>But, when they announce it and I can not walk away,
.. of course not. You must condemn others whenever you perceive something sinful. You're better than the perverted gays and atheists ..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried to keep my mouth shut, but reading some of your posts, I felt like I must say something.
.. you won't because you can't ..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text> Man can say anything they want about animals even go after the same sex.
.. who said anything about animals ??..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
People say it is natural, but I have talked to child molesters, who have also said it just felt natural. I have also talked to serial murderers who also said it
came natural. I am not saying being gay is like any of the other. People
say that have no choice in who they are, but all of those people who murdered, raped and molested also said the same thing.
.. so, you equate homosexuality to murder and pedophilia? How rich. Which of the three are victimless crimes ??..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if
they came to you, face to face and spoke to you as I am doing, they are only trying to save your soul.
.. my soul does not require saving ..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text> have to say it is what it is, the
Bible is clear,
.. the shame trip doesn't work on me ..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
but it does say in Romans chapter one, if you would like to read it.
.. Paul, not Jesus, wrote Romans ..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians might want to walk around it, and not be offensive to you, and I understand that, but they are failing you.
.. no they're not ..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you that Jesus loves you, and it is not his will that anyone would die and go to hell.
.. ahh, there it is - shake that scary chicken !!..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you, and know I am not judging you,.
.. there's the love. Nothing judgmental in your post, nothing whatsoever ..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
but just giving you the truth of what the Bible states.
.. you're just trying to help me avoid eternal damnation because you love me, right ??..
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone is entitled their own opinions, and when one doesn't agree, they are to believed as
haters and that is not so.
.. sorry, your twisted truths and inability to see how deceitful you are is a joke ..

P.S. If you're hot, I'll still like you.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#488699 Feb 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
correction:
verb not adjective
I know grammar is about the only venue left to challenge
:)
Well gotta start to get ready for work
Have a good day everyone
I didn't catch it.

Darn.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#488700 Feb 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I don't believe Jesus was a messiah he did not actually die on the cross? Either Jesus died for everyone's sins, or he didn't. What difference does my belief make?
Based on what comes from Jesus' mouth, you tell me.

John 6:29
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

So now you decide what difference your belief make writer. You decide.

With Established Harem

#488701 Feb 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was never promised that life would be easy...there would be those that would make sure that it is not. I am okay with that...I do not ask for their approval.
<quoted text>
He was a gift when he was given to me to love and take care of...I never asked for guarantees that he would be healthy, intelligent, cute as a button...nor "straight". I just promised to love him.
What is ironic...I was married when I had him...his dad wanted me to have an abortion...I said no. I have had people tell me that since he is gay...I should have aborted him.
<quoted text>
HL...I grew up in a "fundie" household. I lived out in the backwoods where if there were gay people they stayed well hidden. I am not even sure if I had heard the word homosexual or knew what it meant until I was an adult. You would think that would make me like some of the people here. Somehow...it didn't.
My mother taught me the value of people. She taught me that simply because we were different...that didn't give me the right to think less of them.
When my son came to me and told me he was gay...he knew that he would be loved and accepted by me...there was no doubt in his mind. Those first few weeks after he told me...I would take nothing for those conversations that we had...conversations of love and understanding from both of us. They bring tears to my eyes even now as I recall them.
I set out to learn about the gay community. I had shared in his life before...I saw no reason for that to change. I had no idea that people could be so ugly.
The first openly gay man that I met was a real cutie pie. We were both in the floral industry and went to a convention together...went to dinner...had a few drinks...talked for hours. I didn't even have to worry about a jealous husband. I still think about him from time to time...wonder how his life came out.
<quoted text>
Thanks...I am sure however that there are some here that would truly disagree with you. My mouth sometimes gets out of control! LOL
.. thanks for being here ..

.. just, thanks ..
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#488702 Feb 15, 2013
When you think you have just seen it all, it reminds you that you have not. The Paducah news channel 6 just announced that dogs just got married, they were even dressed for the occasion.....LOL

With Established Harem

#488703 Feb 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> No need to discuss nothing with you no more.
.. you erred when you assumed certain things about Oscar ..

.. now you walk away from your mistakes without acknowledging them. You owe Oscar an apology ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#488704 Feb 15, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
When you think you have just seen it all, it reminds you that you have not. The Paducah news channel 6 just announced that dogs just got married, they were even dressed for the occasion.....LOL
if man can marry man. woman can marry woman. then why not dog can marry dog? seems that where morals headed.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#488705 Feb 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you erred when you assumed certain things about Oscar ..
.. now you walk away from your mistakes without acknowledging them. You owe Oscar an apology ..
No.

I believe he is a man and a homosexual based on his writings.

Just because he write he not, no mean anything to me.

believe and write what you want to about me, how that relevant to me? it not.

With Established Harem

#488706 Feb 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>if man can marry man. woman can marry woman. then why not dog can marry dog? seems that where morals headed.
.. if both dogs give their consent, what's the problem ??..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#488707 Feb 15, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried to keep my mouth shut, but reading some of your posts, I felt like I must say something. I am a Christian,a follower of Christ. I do not hate homosexuals, or lesbians. I have friends that are... I do not agree with the lifesyle, it is wrong in my belief. I also believe that living with a man or woman before marriage is wrong, before the eyes of God. What someone does behind closed doors, I will never know. But, when they announce it and I can not walk away, I have to give my opinion... I do believe what God had put together man and woman, was his plan. Man can say anything they want about animals even go after the same sex. People say it is natural, but I have talked to child molesters, who have also said it just felt natural. I have also talked to serial murderers who also said it came natural. I am not saying being gay is like any of the other. People say that have no choice in who they are, but all of those people who murdered, raped and molested also said the same thing. People,(men and women) who live together, and millions are doing it, are breaking the commandments of God. I do not hate you or anyone else...I suppose that when it comes down to it, everyone has an excuse to do as they do and say it is okay. The gossiper down the street who talks about you behind your back will have to go before God, if they were making fun of you. Now if they came to you, face to face and spoke to you as I am doing, they are only trying to save your soul. I have to say it is what it is, the Bible is clear, man can try to change it, but it does say in Romans chapter one, if you would like to read it. Christians might want to walk around it, and not be offensive to you, and I understand that, but they are failing you. I will tell you that Jesus loves you, and it is not his will that anyone would die and go to hell. God bless you, and know I am not judging you, but just giving you the truth of what the Bible states. Everyone is entitled their own opinions, and when one doesn't agree, they are to believed as haters and that is not so.
Now you did say, knowledge, that you thought the bible has(d) been corrupted by man.

Maybe its not so wise to pick and choose what is truth and what isnt. The answer lies within you. Is it your personal prejudices that lead you to your beliefs or God?

In the case of the child molester, the murderer there are victims. With a gay couple or person there are no victims. With a church that tells them they are going to hell because they are gay, a congregation that shuns them, or badgers them, they are now victims.
mobile7

Collegedale, TN

#488708 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you trying to explain geometry to those who think that 1+1+1=1 ?
LOL

You are a very confused person. Have you ever considered getting a job or at the very least, an education? You know nothing at all about other peoples beliefs..
Who are you to claim superiority over others? You are showing more ignorance than all of them combined...You are making a fool of yourself
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#488709 Feb 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. do you realize how demeaning your post is ??..
<quoted text>
.. homosexuality is not a lifestyle ..
<quoted text>
.. you're proud to be a Christian, right? You've regularly proclaimed yourself a true believer. Looky here:
... <quoted text> ..
.. you are quite visible but want gays and atheists to be invisible, right ??..
<quoted text>
.. of course not. You must condemn others whenever you perceive something sinful. You're better than the perverted gays and atheists ..
<quoted text>
.. you won't because you can't ..
<quoted text>
.. who said anything about animals ??..
<quoted text>
.. so, you equate homosexuality to murder and pedophilia? How rich. Which of the three are victimless crimes ??..
<quoted text>
.. my soul does not require saving ..
<quoted text>
.. the shame trip doesn't work on me ..
<quoted text>
.. Paul, not Jesus, wrote Romans ..
<quoted text>
.. no they're not ..
<quoted text>
.. ahh, there it is - shake that scary chicken !!..
<quoted text>
.. there's the love. Nothing judgmental in your post, nothing whatsoever ..
<quoted text>
.. you're just trying to help me avoid eternal damnation because you love me, right ??..
<quoted text>
.. sorry, your twisted truths and inability to see how deceitful you are is a joke ..
P.S. If you're hot, I'll still like you.
There are no twisted truths, it is what the Bible states. I am just a messenger. Just because someone doesn't agree with your lifestyle, doesn't mean they hate you. I don't agree with the millions of men and woman living together without being married either. The commandments of God speaks against it. I am entitled to my opinion. I might find you a joke for believing that everyone who disagrees with homosexuality, hates that person. That is simply not so. I love the people who are my friends that are and would stand in front of a firing squad for them. I love them, I certainly don't hate them. They know I don't agree with their lifestyle, just as I don't agree with my friends who goes out and gets drunk and takes a puff of "mariwannne" cigs. LOL They all know how I feel about that too. They know I love them, and they know my beliefs and we talk, we agree to disagree, but we talk about it... Why do you insist that people who does not agree with a lifestyle hates that person? Do I agree with the muslim lifestyle, NO, but that doesn't make me hate them. Geez...I know who wrote Romans, and yes he was nuts at the beginning, and mean. But he realized he was wrong, and on the road to Damascus Pauls life began to change, as everyone who starts to follow Jesus. Paul was led by the Holy Spirit, after many things happened to him. He learned by his mistakes, and became even closer to God, as his life came to an end. Mostly everyone who is fighting the fight of not wanting to follow Jesus, feels like "mostly" all is condemning them personally, that is not so, some can be cruel. You have to remember that is not everyone who is a Christian. We all have our roads to follow, as you have yours.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#488710 Feb 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. if both dogs give their consent, what's the problem ??..
If any dog here objects to this union, bark now, or forever hold your peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min lovewithin 39,366
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumajuice 777,491
a dramatis false eye eook ? reviewing macís fal... 6 min mohamed sh 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 560,163
Gay snapchat names 33 min lifeofsinx93 165
REAL ENEMIES of America living among us 37 min hpcaban 2
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min YellowPissreality 265,393
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web