Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#488606 Feb 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
How do you get from one to the other? How do you not see that you cannot? Why do you keep repeating this mistake if you're not the moron that I say you are?
You did.
You lied about me, maligned me, and walked away from your mess, refusing to take responsibility, as your doctrine allows you to do, EXACTLY as I described. And you've already forgiven yourself for it all, EXACTLY as I described.
But I haven't.
I disagree, maybe. Given Skom's ego, he probably believes that God has his back, and agrees with his mistakes. Even so, "Forgive us our transgressions..." covers everything. I'm not sure how Skom would paraphrase God's Word. Would he think that he can be forgiven for sins without ever acknowledging them? Would he think that an unaccounted for sin will cost him dearly? Would one unaccounted for sin be any different from a billion, to a god that would eternally punish non-belief?

If I believed in Hell, I'd naturally assume I was wrong about everything, just to play it safe. There's no way I'd let my ego doom me to an eternity of torture, if I believed in such a thing. Why would I risk it, if I really believed in it? Why would I assume to understand the rules perfectly, if I really believed my eternal soul was at stake? What would I be relying on for my information about the rules? It would have to be other humans. An intelligent person would look for those versions of the rules which are most stringent, just to be safe, I would think. But then, that is a rational skeptic's approach. We're dealing with a Christian.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4e57...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488607 Feb 15, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Yeah,it don't matter to Satan if you're a double amputee from from South Africa who ran in the Olympics and living in gated-community luxury,or if you're a world famous celebrity living in Brentwood,California who won a Heisman, If he can get you to self-destruct,Satan knows he's done his evil job well. Just keepin it REAL.
You sure do hate negroes.

I bet you think God wears a hood with his white robe.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#488608 Feb 15, 2013
Two thousand years are also over seven hundred million years, since a day is also a thousand years to your time impaired deity:
"With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." - 2 Peter 3:8
Two thousand years are about 730,500 days, which are like 730,500,000 years when a day is like a millennium.
You never need to settle for just one interpretation of your bible, which is why there are over 38,000 sects of Christianity. It can be made to say whatever one wants it to say. You wanted to show how 2000 years is just a weekend to the Big Guy, but the same scripture also shows us that 2000 years can be a geological epoch to him.
You're claiming ignorance you shouldn't be.

2 Peter 3:8 means that time means nothing to God, you are amart enough to figure that out.

Theer's also Psalm 90:4 that illustrates that God doesn't see time like we do.

"A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night."

So a day to God is "as" a thousand years. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that a day to God exactly equals 1,000 years. Because it also says that 1,000 years is like a day...

And Psalm 90:4 says that a day to God is "like a watch in the night", which is a 3 hour security shift at night....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#488609 Feb 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually...I have never been able to find where they are to ask forgiveness from anyone outside their faith.
According to this scripture...shrinky dink might be right...
Matthew 5
23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.
"brother and sister" being a fellow disciple.
Maybe it is in the Bible somewhere that they are to ask forgiveness from us little heathens...I don't know...I am not familiar with it however.
Good point.

Many Christians will claim it is OT crap that doesn't apply to them.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#488610 Feb 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! since we're fallen humans and that hasn't changed since the 1st century, being born again still has the same meaning it always has and God hasn't stopped doing what He started then;)
The problem is, Christianity has no clue what a Jew (Jesus) meant by "born again".

Enjoy your land of make-believe

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#488611 Feb 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I understand what you are saying my friend, but by holding true to our beliefs from honest conviction is not really enforcing our beliefs on others, if that was the case then the reverse would have to be true as well.......which would be to force us to condone and allow something that we know in our heart of heart is wrong, and I know that this is not what you are saying but because they are sinners and are outside of the Word, I still cannot give them approval of their actions to do wrong, but people will do what they chose regardless.
Peace.
as ye sow,
so, shall ye reap

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#488612 Feb 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 3:8 means that time means nothing to God, you are amart enough to figure that out.
"A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night."
So a day to God is "as" a thousand years. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that a day to God exactly equals 1,000 years. Because it also says that 1,000 years is like a day...
And Psalm 90:4 says that a day to God is "like a watch in the night", which is a 3 hour security shift at night....
Thanks for pointing out that, ultimately, it's meaningless gibberish.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#488613 Feb 15, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Judge not that ye be judged Matthew 7:1
The accuser of our brethren which accused them before our God day and night.Revelation 12:10
Note;Then when we judge,accuse and condemn one another we are doing the work of Satan.
But if ye bite and devour one another take heed that ye be not consumned one of another.Galatians 5:15
Therefore thou art inexcuseable O man whosoever thou art that judgest:for wherein thou judgest another thou condemnest thyself:for thou that judgest doest the same thing.Romans 2:1
Speak not evil one of another,brethren.He that speaketh evil of his brother and judgeth his brother speaketh evil of the law and judgeth the law but if thou judge the law thou art not a doer of the law but a judge. James 4:11

Judge not and ye shall not be judged condemn not and ye shall not be condemned.Luke 6:37

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.Matthew 7:2

Pay close attention to this one please:

For the Lord seth not as man seeth:For man looketh on the outward appearance,but the Lord looketh on the heart.1 Samuel 16:7

Ye are they which justify ourselves before men:but God knowest your hearts:for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.Luke 16:15

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#488614 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
In my opinion, we don't need any such help and won't get it. The Christians might need to police their own to slow their church's atrophy and preserve a larger remnant, but that is not a goal of mine. In the end, humanists will define right and wrong, and we will define the Christians well.
.. Topix is somewhat like a game of chess, one must think ahead ..

.. some Christian posters are offended by my sexual innuendos. I get that ..

dr Shrink wrote: "only try to shut your mouth about your bed filthy life, nobody need to look or hear at your look like man d......clitoris."

.. yes, Dr. Shrink's post is about sex ..

Counter_Strike wrote: "Interracial marriages is not supposed to be mentioned in the same sentence with teh likes of homosexual marriages. Racial rights have nothing to do with an abominable and fruitless act of debauchery."

.. yes, Counter-Strike's post is about sex ..

.. even tolerant Christians focus on the sexual aspects of homosexuality calling it sinful, an abomination, immoral, wrong ..

.. and, then, we have Catcher's post ..

Catcher1 wrote: "I commend this post from Counter_Strike to other posters here. I would be very interested in knowing what others think of his views. Will you condemn them? Will you support them? Will you remain silent, and thus give tacit approval?"

.. only four posters responded to Catcher, two believers, two secularists. So, we must assume tacit approval by the remainder ..

.. gays and lesbians fall in love with their own gender. Oscar is in love with his male partner but they do not have sex. Surprised? No, I'm not revealing any confidence since Oscar is open about his relationship. He fell in love with a man. Sinful, an abomination, immoral, right ??..

.. as long as Christians focus only on the sexual aspects of homosexuality, so will I. If and when they ever get serious about considering other components, so will I ..

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#488615 Feb 15, 2013
You deserve to be described like this and treated like this.
And somehow, you can help but confuse sex and marriage.
Your opinion of me is none of my business. If you were counted as a decent and well behaved citizen then I would actually be a bit moved by your disdain for me.

I don't confuse sex with marriage but you're deflecting. One would rightfully assume that once two people go as far as to get married then sex would be involved. Don't pretend homosexuals get married only because they get a pretty certificate an want to stand under confetti. Your argument is limp and inhumanely suffering from osteoporosis...bent at its spine.

You expect to gain sympathy for the gay marriage cause but to this point no realize that anyone with a lick of morals and common sense will not stand with you. they only sympathy gays deserve is that I do not believe they should be mocked constantly, illtreated, bullied, harassed at every turn, stoned, jailed, beaten or killed. They deserve the same pay as anyone else in the work place as long as they do the job expected of them. The only thing I say is that homosexuality is WRONG! They should not practice and flaunt their gayness in public nor should men be allowed to dress like women and women should not be allowed to wear big Ts, baggy jeans and carry on like a man.

COMMON SENSE: Men are men and women are women. COMMONSE SENSE: There is a reason why men and women were made different from each other. COMMON SENSE: There is a reason the penis fits into the vagina, as sex organs that is their purpose. COMMON SENSE: People like you don't respect the true value and beauty of a women enough, so it is very well acceptable for you to see men go with men. COMMON SENSE: As best as a woman may try, they cannot be a better father or man than the man himself, nor can a man be a better mother or woman than the woman herself, though they will try their best to fill that role. So a man and a woman together is best suited to raise a child rather than (a) a single parent and (b) a same sex couple. COMMON SENSE: Homosexuality is also more popular because in today's society, many men and many women are not fulfilling their roles as spouces or being excellent role models for children. COMMON SENSE: You are wicked and nasty and you deserve to hear about it.
Nope. That's you again. You are calling love perversion, which is a perversion of normal human decency, compliments of the Christian church.
Utter Rubbish. Your large vocabulary doesn't do an excellent job in masking how much a foolish and unwise individual you are.
Trying to pass as a loving, decent and knowledgeable person, you are a vector for a pernicious meme, and a theologaster.
I'm not trying anything. At least I'm not a hypocrite. Your idea of 'Love' is being hypocritical and accepting or rather being accomodating. I can love a person but detest the fact that they drink and smoke. If you can't get that through your thick skull, then maybe you should go somewhere people will actually accept what you say...like a gay thread.

Counter_Strike.

With Established Harem

#488616 Feb 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for pointing out that, ultimately, it's meaningless gibberish.
.. hi ya, SCAR !!..

.. good to see you ..

.. end of message ..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#488617 Feb 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO

Bible God is either stupid or insane...maybe both.

What sick bastard would give someone a book that is written so no human can understand it and then tell them if they don't understand it they will be tortured for eternity ?

Thank God the Bible isn't 'God's Word'.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#488618 Feb 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. some Christian posters are offended by my sexual innuendos....
I blame Paul.

He was one sexually disfunctional dude.

With Established Harem

#488619 Feb 15, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
they only sympathy gays deserve is that I do not believe they should be mocked constantly, illtreated, bullied, harassed at every turn, stoned, jailed, beaten or killed.
.. then, why do it ??..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>They should not practice and flaunt their gayness in public nor should men be allowed to dress like women and women should not be allowed to wear big Ts, baggy jeans and carry on like a man.
.. do you prefer gays be invisible ??..

.. or, are you just complying with the bible ??..

Deuteronomy 22:5 ESV
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God." Deuteronomy 22:5
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
COMMON SENSE: Men are men and women are women. COMMONSE SENSE: There is a reason why men and women were made different from each other.
.. really? Can you expatiate ??..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>COMMON SENSE: There is a reason the penis fits into the vagina, as sex organs that is their purpose.
.. you don't enjoy oral sex ??..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>COMMON SENSE: People like you don't respect the true value and beauty of a women enough, so it is very well acceptable for you to see men go with men.
.. HA*HA*HA*HA*HA Fact: AIN loves women ..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>COMMON SENSE: As best as a woman may try, they cannot be a better father or man than the man himself, nor can a man be a better mother or woman than the woman herself, though they will try their best to fill that role. So a man and a woman together is best suited to raise a child rather than (a) a single parent and (b) a same sex couple.
.. that type of thinking won't get you very far with single women raising children ..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text> COMMON SENSE: Homosexuality is also more popular because in today's society, many men and many women are not fulfilling their roles as spouces or being excellent role models for children.
.. neither are some heterosexuals ..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>COMMON SENSE: You are wicked and nasty and you deserve to hear about it.
.. there's that good ol' condemnation ..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Your large vocabulary doesn't do an excellent job in masking how much a foolish and unwise individual you are.
.. look in mirror ..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying anything. At least I'm not a hypocrite. Your idea of 'Love' is being hypocritical and accepting or rather being accomodating.
.. do you know AIN? Didn't think so ..

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#488620 Feb 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's fanatic, prejudiced believers like C_S, Dr. Shrink & Trifecta that want free-thinkers like yourself, Catcher, Aero and Oscar to become invisible ..
.. sadly, they make it difficult for moral Christians to speak out because radical believers are schoolyard bullies who resort to unethical behavior. By turning the other cheek to avoid a confrontation, they encourage the likes of Dr. Shrink ..
.. if mankind wants a safer, better world, gays and atheists must clasp hands with moral believers who endorse human rights. We are not the enemy ..
.. we must encourage the moral believers to speak out against injustices. That's what Jesus would have done ..
As long as you are naming names of "fanatic, predjudice believers"
on this thread, why not name QU and Lawlest?
Two very vile "believers".
I have challenged their hate speech over and over because they
seem to be shoutig the loudest re: other's "sins",and for that they say I am satan's daughter..

I see QU get's his hat handed to him by- much more- intellegent people on this thread- and I should consider both a joke.
Yet- I am concerned about whom ever these two may have any influence over,in the RW and here on topix.

As someone who indeed believes Christ dwells within my heart, I am appalled at how His Love for all has been so misconstrued..And how
many justify their intolerance of other's beliefs through His Name.

I believe it's got to be they have, in their very human way,made themselves their own gods.. It's about self love- they worry about
themselves and not much of anything or anyone else..

Not sure you will ever see many "believers" picking up your burdens
(cross)and walking w you..
Wish it wasn't true..

None the less, keep fighting the good fight, in the long run-
I believe our efforts will be worth it to many who will come
after us..

With Established Harem

#488621 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame Paul.
He was one sexually disfunctional dude.
.. probably a closet queen ..
Knowledge

United States

#488622 Feb 15, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame, neither can I, Seraphine shall be replacing her avatar in honor of Valentine's Day she and I both agree that this painting called The Kiss by Fransesco Hayez is more appropriate for a day such as this, we also met on Valentine's Day and the kiss we shared when we met at the airport mirrors the couple you see here. It left us both breathless and speechless because our feelings during our correspondence had been building, to what you shall see in her avatar. People actually stopped to look and the kiss lasted for several minutes.
I was on a home site, that a few young people had been killed and hurt in a multiple car accident. My avatar name just did not seem appropriate, to express my sorrow for their families. It is nice to see that your love and remained still young at heart. May it always be so.

With Established Harem

#488623 Feb 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you are naming names of "fanatic, predjudice believers"
on this thread, why not name QU and Lawlest?
Two very vile "believers".
I have challenged their hate speech over and over because they
seem to be shoutig the loudest re: other's "sins",and for that they say I am satan's daughter..
I see QU get's his hat handed to him by- much more- intellegent people on this thread- and I should consider both a joke.
Yet- I am concerned about whom ever these two may have any influence over,in the RW and here on topix.
As someone who indeed believes Christ dwells within my heart, I am appalled at how His Love for all has been so misconstrued..And how
many justify their intolerance of other's beliefs through His Name.
I believe it's got to be they have, in their very human way,made themselves their own gods.. It's about self love- they worry about
themselves and not much of anything or anyone else..
Not sure you will ever see many "believers" picking up your burdens
(cross)and walking w you..
Wish it wasn't true..
None the less, keep fighting the good fight, in the long run-
I believe our efforts will be worth it to many who will come
after us..
.. right on !! sister ..

.. AIN does not think it possible for Christians like yourself to unmask the prejudice of haters. I disagree, you proved it ..

.. thanks ..

<< sliding YELLOW long-stem rose towards Le Le >>

<< sisterly peck on cheek >>

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#488624 Feb 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
dr Shrink wrote: "only try to shut your mouth about your bed filthy life, nobody need to look or hear at your look like man d......clitoris."
Counter_Strike wrote: "Interracial marriages is not supposed to be mentioned in the same sentence with teh likes of homosexual marriages. Racial rights have nothing to do with an abominable and fruitless act of debauchery."
.. even tolerant Christians focus on the sexual aspects of homosexuality calling it sinful, an abomination, immoral, wrong ..
Catcher1 wrote: "I commend this post from Counter_Strike to other posters here. I would be very interested in knowing what others think of his views. Will you condemn them? Will you support them? Will you remain silent, and thus give tacit approval?"
.. only four posters responded to Catcher, two believers, two secularists. So, we must assume tacit approval by the remainder ..
.. gays and lesbians fall in love with their own gender. Oscar is in love with his male partner but they do not have sex. Surprised? No, I'm not revealing any confidence since Oscar is open about his relationship. He fell in love with a man. Sinful, an abomination, immoral, right ??..
.. as long as Christians focus only on the sexual aspects of homosexuality, so will I. If and when they ever get serious about considering other components, so will I ..

Nice post.

If you take a look at the "believers" who -high five- Dr. Shrink,
should give somewhat of a hint to where their heart truly is..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#488625 Feb 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...you deserve flowers for this one...did you get my bouquet of wild flowers? LOL

Ya know HL...some weeds are far more beautiful growing naturally in a field than any cultivated flower that exists in a garden.

Many will say that they base their opinion of homosexuality on what they think the Bible says. Ever wondered what their opinion would be if with out it?

I asked a Christian that once...they couldn't answer me...they could not think outside the book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min RiversideRedneck 971,694
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 10 min Voyeur 38,756
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min RiversideRedneck 48,749
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min guest 646,618
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min Annaleigh 105,621
Moving companies provide a Shifting solution th... (Sep '15) 32 min jorvajor 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,262
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 hr KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
More from around the web