Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#488578 Feb 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's fanatic, prejudiced believers like C_S, Dr. Shrink & Trifecta that want free-thinkers like yourself, Catcher, Aero and Oscar to become invisible ..
.. sadly, they make it difficult for moral Christians to speak out because radical believers are schoolyard bullies who resort to unethical behavior. By turning the other cheek to avoid a confrontation, they encourage the likes of Dr. Shrink ..
.. if mankind wants a safer, better world, gays and atheists must clasp hands with moral believers who endorse human rights. We are not the enemy ..
.. we must encourage the moral believers to speak out against injustices. That's what Jesus would have done ..
Good luck with that.

In my opinion, we don't need any such help and won't get it. The Christians might need to police their own to slow their church's atrophy and preserve a larger remnant, but that is not a goal of mine. In the end, humanists will define right and wrong, and we will define the Christians well.

From the Affirmations of Humanism:

• We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.

• We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, to seek to explain the world in supernatural terms, and to look outside nature for salvation.

• We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.

• We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.

• We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.

• We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race, religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, and strive to work together for the common good of humanity.

• We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.

• We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.

• We respect the right to privacy. Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.

• We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. There are normative standards that we discover together. Moral principles are tested by their consequences.

• We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children.

• We want to nourish reason and compassion.

• We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas and seek new departures in our thinking.

• We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.

• We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality.

• We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#488579 Feb 15, 2013
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure,then peaceable,gentle,and easy to intreated,full of mercy and good fruits without partiality and without hypocrisy.James 3:17

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#488580 Feb 15, 2013
Good morning, I'll have a lot of catching up to do so everyone have a Blessed day.

Location hidden

#488581 Feb 15, 2013
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 3:15

Note;What wisdom the scriptures are able to give.

Fennario

#488582 Feb 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
saying we don't need to make amends because we can just ask the sky for forgiveness is not simply stating doctrine but implying Christians lack empathy.
How do you get from one to the other? How do you not see that you cannot? Why do you keep repeating this mistake if you're not the moron that I say you are?
Skombolis wrote:
nobody can read the teachings of Christ and walk away thinking we shouldn't care about the other person so long as we are forgiven by God.
You did.

You lied about me, maligned me, and walked away from your mess, refusing to take responsibility, as your doctrine allows you to do, EXACTLY as I described. And you've already forgiven yourself for it all, EXACTLY as I described.

But I haven't.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488583 Feb 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one of the few who isn't crazy :-)
That's it!!!

Your sleeping on the couch tonight !

Fennario

#488585 Feb 15, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
Skom
Bible doesn't teach Gods Children to ask for forgivenes God for harsh exposing truth about those wicked abominable children of devil and devil table full of immoral vomits

Bible only teach God children to ask or pray for forgiveness,
if one of us hurt or insulted our own spiritual brothers,
our human errors are forgiven if we step down from insulting,or mocking other fellow brother in Christ
And there you have it, right from the horse's ass. A Christian need not ask for forgiveness from his victims, who are just "wicked abominable children of devil." He just gets himself some forgiveness on demand, and only in select cases - when offending other believers.

This is both Dim and Juicy's de facto position.

Location hidden

#488586 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it!!!
Your sleeping on the couch tonight !
Awee I can hear something from upstairs what did you say.Oh yes very good idea thank you father.humm so you gonna make her sleep on the couch.You sure you wanna do that.Cause she gonna wash your unders with fiberglass curtains and when you wear them in the heat.Well heat and fiberglass mix like a cat and dog fight.The wonder of it all theses days.Some fellows just never learn.lol lol

Fennario

#488587 Feb 15, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
who is us?
absolute splendor infinte glories Light of Yahveh is not able to be turn off by atheistic scumbags like you,
only your life like is Dim each day lower and lower
LOL.

Look out, Dim. Your new name is taking hold even among your own.

Fennario

#488588 Feb 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
my dear friend - Jesus didn't come to make bad people better; He came to make spiritually dead people alive!:)
"you must be born again" Jesus
As I see it, your Jesus gives weak people the permission to run their mouths, wag their fingers, and then scurry away smugly secure in their self-forgiveness. We've seen a couple of excellent demonstrations of that this week prior to your arrival.

Fennario

#488589 Feb 15, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What is their motive to avoid sin? If you were given an unlimited credit card and were never responsible for the charges, why would you bother being thrifty?
<quoted text>
How do you explain then all the people who honestly asked for Jesus to be their personal savior and got no reply?
<quoted text>
Just like the Catholics claim that one cannot go directly to Jesus, but rather through intermediaries like Mary. Why can't anyone go to God directly?
<quoted text>
So God is and is not beyond understanding? What?
<quoted text>
The laws of physics aren't chance.
<quoted text>
So you accept a (specific) god which is beyond human understanding, but not a physical universe beyond human understanding?
<quoted text>
The gospels are not objective. They are just claims, like every other holy text of every other religion, past and present, and possibly future too.
<quoted text>
And what if that doesn't happen?
Excellent!
endtime

AOL

#488590 Feb 15, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#488591 Feb 15, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
christinaity is shame past 2000 years,
Jesus never called His disciples christians
I despise to have this name and be identify as CHRISTIAAN and worldwide christianity serving devil alone 2 Cor 11;13-15.2 Thess 2;3-12
Wow Doc, I agree :-) It's just a shame man has to have a label for everything.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#488592 Feb 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you have it, right from the horse's ass. A Christian need not ask for forgiveness from his victims, who are just "wicked abominable children of devil." He just gets himself some forgiveness on demand, and only in select cases - when offending other believers.
This is both Dim and Juicy's de facto position.

Actually...I have never been able to find where they are to ask forgiveness from anyone outside their faith.

According to this scripture...shrinky dink might be right...

Matthew 5

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

"brother and sister" being a fellow disciple.

Maybe it is in the Bible somewhere that they are to ask forgiveness from us little heathens...I don't know...I am not familiar with it however.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#488593 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Until you uderstand what that meant in 1st cent. Judeah you will still be dead inside.
I leave you to bury your own.
LOL! since we're fallen humans and that hasn't changed since the 1st century, being born again still has the same meaning it always has and God hasn't stopped doing what He started then;)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#488594 Feb 15, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>So what is a 'successful moral system'?
He probably thinks Rome was, well it still is and when he sees it he won't think it anymore :-)

Location hidden

#488595 Feb 15, 2013
Judge not that ye be judged Matthew 7:1

The accuser of our brethren which accused them before our God day and night.Revelation 12:10

Note;Then when we judge,accuse and condemn one another we are doing the work of Satan.

But if ye bite and devour one another take heed that ye be not consumned one of another.Galatians 5:15

Therefore thou art inexcuseable O man whosoever thou art that judgest:for wherein thou judgest another thou condemnest thyself:for thou that judgest doest the same thing.Romans 2:1

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#488596 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
As I see it, your Jesus gives weak people the permission to run their mouths, wag their fingers, and then scurry away smugly secure in their self-forgiveness. We've seen a couple of excellent demonstrations of that this week prior to your arrival.
Well with his arrival you will find that Jesus gave wasup permission to invite himself to Kaitlyn's house to watch her and her partner have sex. He can do that because it is okay for him to have some fun...he is forgiven.

Fennario

#488597 Feb 15, 2013
They do it to atheists, too.
And in both cases, it's worse than just depersonalization. It's demonization.
Gays and atheists are abnormal, immoral, dangerous, corrupt abominations - threats to wholesome family and community life, and fit to be cast into hell to suffer forever with literal demons.
And look at how many of the Christians are outraged that we might resist that.
Serah wrote:
Thank GOD it is never directed at Christians, Hey?
Why would you demonize yourselves? Or maybe you mean people like me demonize you. I disagree.

Whereas your church has been defining people like me in just those terms for centuries - and it continues to do today, even on this thread - I for one have never described any of you as less than human or worthy of torture. Nor have I seen other unbelievers do so.

Now, the tables are turning. Your church will soon reap what it has sown for so long, but you will always get better treatment from us than we have from it. The values we affirm and embody are simply better than the ones that your church teaches.

Fennario

#488598 Feb 15, 2013
manoo wrote:
Oscar Pistorius,the double-amputee who competed in last year's Olympics,has been charged in the shooting death of his girlfriend. What a sad REALITY.
Hey O, where you going with that gun in your hand?

He'll probably try a 'roid rage defense, but I don't think he has a leg to stand on.

They're refusing him bail because they're afraid he'll run rather than stand trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Chuck 701,679
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min nanoanomaly 80,384
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 58 min nanoanomaly 995,800
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Big Al 448,411
His Time has Come!: James Harden 2017-18 MVP!!! 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Chubby gay horny 12 hr Chick-fil-A-Sam 3
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 12 hr Chick-fil-A-Sam 31