Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#488533 Feb 15, 2013
Today's Prayer

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto You" (Matthew 6:33). God, I want to seek you with all my heart. I want to be covered in the righteousness of Christ. I know that the things of this earth shall all pass away and only the treasure laid up in heaven will count. Please let my life count for Your Kingdom. May my rewards be spiritual blessings. Thank you, Lord.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#488534 Feb 15, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.

Romans 12:2

K-Love

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#488535 Feb 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about "objective trust". I was asking whether faith could not be grounded on some objective evidence. Which is something any rational person would do every day. When you buy a car, would you do so based on faith alone? Or would you expect some objective evidence that, say, the seller was the legal owner of the car? Why would you expect less evidence for a life-encompassing ideology?
<quoted text>
Just as the spiritual experiences of every other religion strengthen their trust in faith in entirely different gods. That's exactly why objective evidence is so important. Otherwise, religion becomes an arbitrary choice, strengthened by confirmation bias.
<quoted text>
On the contrary, many sects of Buddhism have many gods. But why are you making an assumption that any god exists in the first place? Rationally, it's a big mistake to start off with such an a priori assumption.
<quoted text>
Yet doesn't Christianity assert that their God is beyond human understanding?
<quoted text>
Huh? They revere Jesus as an important messenger of God.
<quoted text>
Christianity is at war with every other religion. Indeed, Christianity is also at war with itself.
<quoted text>
No, it's because each religion asserts that they are right and everyone else is a heretic. Again, that is why objective evidence is essential to a pursuit of truth.
<quoted text>
Well, just about every ex-Christian proves that isn't true.
<quoted text>
Why do you assume that non-Christians pursue sinful lifestyles? For that matter, why do you seem to assume that Christians therefore do not? The are quite a large number of examples on both sides that disprove that claim.
Angry extians who got nowhere near power, had no faith and couldn't get their lies into the Bible are now reliable sources? For every un credible extian or atheist 'scholar' there are 20 credible ones from different times, religions, cultures, beliefs etc...Atheists cannot possibly be objective either. Both think they know everything, no human knows everything, no credibility. Even Scientists, especially the credible ones admit no concrete evidence that there is no God. Good luck with your cause and all, but one has to wonder why you've chosen topix for it :-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#488536 Feb 15, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not see God, The man I saw in a brown robe with sandals was a holy man. I did not feel worthy enough to seek his face. He is the one who showed me hell, I was not afraid to see it...I saw people in the flames I was not allowed to hear anything just see it. My father is who walked me though, then took me back down in a beautiful valley where there was a river and three small lakes next to each other, I believe that angel was in charge of people who stayed or had to leave. My father talked to the angel, and told him I was not ready I still had things to do. What I found odd was this angel was dipping people in the small lakes and they were coming out of the water in white like linen clothing, the people were lined up for the angel to do his job. I believe if you were going to stay this was their procedure, if not you were not dipped,(emerged) into the water . Because the next thing I knew I was screaming in my husbands arms, I wanted to go back....when I realized what had happened I had pain in my body, but the love of my husband and family. I feel blessed, I have no fear of death anymore, it was easy.....Only in death will a person know their lot, it is something everyone of us will face one day. No one is promised tomorrow.
Is John the Baptist still doing his Baptism's in Heaven?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#488537 Feb 15, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>That kind of sharing ticks me off.
The "MIND" is very powerful and unexplored by most. Many things are best kept to one's self. However, many what to share the unexplained in hope's of looking like "special".
Michael....

YOU are Special.....

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#488538 Feb 15, 2013
*~*~*~*~*

Peace.....

Love.....

and

Brotherhood.....

*~*~*~*~*

L-8-TR

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#488539 Feb 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
But you are a liar
Skombolis wrote:
"You also said you don't rule out the possibility of a creator god (but would require proof)"
IANS responded
"Nope. I'm not going to continue to correct you any more."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
And you have continued a pattern of doing and saying whatever you want and taking no responsibility for it.
You think you didn't deny what you said or someone calling you out on YOUR actions gives you the right to ask if their mother is a prostitute?
Thank you for proving my point
And why is it you can chide others for not being able to handle the backlash of their posts but you cry and play the victim when it is you?
Where's the lie, you moron? Where did I say something that is untrue? How stupid are you really?

And what a surprise that a moron of your caliber found Jesus. You deserve it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#488540 Feb 15, 2013
Blessed are the meek;for the shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5

Note;Meek mild of temper,not easily provoked or irriated;patient under injuries.

Fennario

#488541 Feb 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Are you going to ask me to forgive you?
Juicylu wrote:
Forgive me for what?
Forgive you? More intellectual road kill.

With Tweedledim, here are two fine examples of the kind of perspicacity and moral courage that litter the neighborhoods, thanks to the university of Jesus - the Christian church.

I'm sorry, but that church can't die fast enough.

Location hidden

#488542 Feb 15, 2013
Take my yoke upon you and learn of Me;for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls.Matthew 11:29

Location hidden

#488543 Feb 15, 2013
Now the man Moses was very meek;above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.Numbers 12:3

Fennario

#488544 Feb 15, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Interracial marriages is not supposed to be mentioned in the same sentence with teh likes of homosexual marriages. Racial rights have nothing to do with an abominable and fruitless act of debauchery.
You confuse love with perversion. Under the guise of being a champion for the downtrodden and marginalized, you are a false prophet and could also possibly be a charlatan too. You are one of those yahoos that are ruining a great nation and you ought to be sick of yourself.
No wonder people like you are either atheists or Christians whobelieve the Law (10 Commandments) is abolished because you're Lawless. Some attorney. Who do you represent; Satan?
Counter_Strike: Flawless victory.
Catcher1 wrote:
I commend this post from Counter_Strike to other posters here. I would be very interested in knowing what others think of his views.
Will you condemn them?
Will you support them?
Will you remain silent, and thus give tacit approval?
Let's see who says what, where you stand.
Here was my comment:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Location hidden

#488545 Feb 15, 2013
But the fruit of the Spirit is love,joy,peace,longsuffering,g entleness,goodness,faith,meekn ess,temperance against such there is no law.Galatians 5:22&23

Location hidden

#488546 Feb 15, 2013
I dwell in the high and holy place with him also that is of contrite and humble spirit to revive the spirit of humble and to revive the heart of contrite ones.Isaiah 57:15

Location hidden

#488547 Feb 15, 2013
The meek will He guide in jugment and the meek will He teach His way.Psalms 25:9

Location hidden

#488548 Feb 15, 2013
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased;and he humbeth himself shall be exalted.Luke 14:11

Location hidden

#488549 Feb 15, 2013
And Jesus called a little child unto Him and set him in the midst of them and said Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.Matthew 18:2-4.

Location hidden

#488550 Feb 15, 2013
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory but in lowliness of mind let each esteen other better than themselves.Philippians 2:3

Location hidden

#488551 Feb 15, 2013
Brethren if a man be overtaken in fault,ye which are spiritual restore such an one in the spirit of meekness;Consider thyslf,lest thou also be tempted.Galatians 6:1

Location hidden

#488552 Feb 15, 2013
Seek ye the Lord,all ye meek of the earth,which have wrought His judgment;seek righteousness seek meekness it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lords anger.Zephaniah 2:3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Gabriel 989,658
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 4 min Johnny 519
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Maria 41,592
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 14 min Johnny 94
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 25 min Eagle 12 - 6,589
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 36 min Johnny 119
Poll Most Annoying BS Charity Commercials? (Sep '14) 2 hr Billusmc1969 6
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr guest 690,311
More from around the web