Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488471 Feb 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it is the things that are hardest to talk about...that need to be said. It is through those hard lessons and the sharing of them that maybe others will learn...maybe it will help them with what they themselves are going through.
I understand...
I have always believed...nothing makes sense until we find a way to help others by using our own trials that we go through.
I don't know Annie. I should just shut up.
mike

AOL

#488472 Feb 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael....I believe in your own "askewed" way....You care about my well being
:-)
Thanks

I don't know you so don't take it personal, I attack your post.

I attack actions, so if it's "lip-service", I'm all over that.

I care about people in my warped way, I'm not on the internet to be liked or find friends, I have a tremendous dis-like for "lip-service" of any kind.

Don't "mind me", I'm just venting, not trying to change anyone.

Again thanks

Location hidden

#488473 Feb 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coroner confirmed today--dental records.
OK. Now that is believable and within reason.

Location hidden

#488474 Feb 14, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You were right Black Thunder!
Not altogether.

;)
mike

AOL

#488475 Feb 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your Out of body experience...My Mother in law had one. She had a massive heart attack...And said she went down this long tunnel and her Dad was waiting for her...She was so happy and hugged him...but he had a envelope in his hand and gave it to her. She opened it and it was her day of death. She told me "What is today?"...I told her...Then she said "I won't die today...but I will tomorrow"....And the next Morning she did pass on...We have always treasured that story to share with our family.
God Bless You....
That kind of sharing ticks me off.

The "MIND" is very powerful and unexplored by most. Many things are best kept to one's self. However, many what to share the unexplained in hope's of looking like "special".

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#488476 Feb 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour Madame. I owe you a Liszt/Chopin story, and here it is.
As you no doubt know, Liszt and Chopin were contemporaries, in fact they were born a year apart. Chopin was not just a composer, but a wonderful pianist who gave many public performances. He was tremendously popular, sort of the Elvis Presley of the mid-1800s. Liszt was also a virtuoso pianist (with an incredible reach, his fingers were very long), but unfortunately fortune hadn't smiled on him, and he could barely eke out a living with his music.
Chopin was a decent and caring person, and recognized Liszt's great talent. He decided to help Liszt, and formulated a plan. Chopin announced that he would give a public performance, but in the dark. On the night in question, there wasn't an empty seat in the house. The audience waited in anticipation, but could not see the stage at all, as it was in total darkness.
The concert was fantastic. At the conclusion, the audience responded with a standing ovation, mesmerized by the beauty of the performance. Then the lights were turned on, and the audience saw that the pianist was not Chopin but Liszt.
As the story goes, this event was a springboard for success for Liszt. A beautiful story, no? Perhaps apocryphal, but I prefer to believe it is true.
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you, yes it was very wonderful casts of Listz's hands have been preserved and yes he has long fingers just like Sora I do. Liszt was also generous with his time and money, he was also the father in law to Richard Wagner and helped him immensely although according to the letters that were written between him and his daughter Cosima, he found him as a person to be repulsive but he admired him as a musician. Wagner was anti-semitic although it is speculated that his father was a playwright by the name of Geyer who was Jewish and raised him. Interesting how life works no?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#488477 Feb 14, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Happy Valentines Day...
God's Love Letter to Women..
When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being
When I created man, I formed him and breath life into his nostrils.
But you woman, I fashioned after I breathed the breath of life into man
because your nostrils are too delicate.
I allowed a deep sleep to to come over him
so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you.
Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity.
From one bone, I fashioned you
I chose the rib, which protects his heart and lungs and supports him,
as you are meant to do.
Around this one bone I shaped you, I modeled you
I created you perfectly and beautifully.
Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile.
You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart
His heart is the centre of his being; his lungs hold the breath of life.
The ribcage will allow itsellf to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart.
Support man as the ribcage supports the body.
You were not taken from his feet, to be under him,
nor were you taken for his head, to be above him.
You were taken from his side, to stand by him and to be held close to his side.
You are my perfect angel...you are my beautiful little girl.
You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence,
and My eyes fill when I see the virtues in your heart.
Your eyes... don't change them .
Your lips, how lovely when they part in prayer.
Your nose, so perfect in form.
Your hands so gentle to touch.
I've carresed your face in your deepest sleep.
I've held your heart close to mine.
Of all that lives and breaths, you are most like me.
Adam walked with Me in the cool of the day, yet he was lonely.
He could not see Me or touch Me. He could only feel Me.
So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me, I fashioned in you;
My holiness, My strength, My purity, My love, My protection and support.
You are special because you are an extension of me.
Man represent my image, woman my emotions.
Together, you represent the totality of God.
So man...treat woman well.
Love her, respect her, for she is fragile.
In hurting her, you hurt Me.
What you do to her, you do to Me.
In crushing her, you only damage your own heart;
the heart of your Father and the heart of her Father.
Woman, support man. In humility, show him the power of emotion I have given you.
In gentle quiteness, show your strength.
In love, show him that you are the rib that protects his inner self.
Did you not know that women are special in God's eyes?
Evening Grace;
Beautiful gift thanks for this posting.God bless

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#488478 Feb 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know Annie. I should just shut up.
Not sure why you should but...okay.

This is an older story but I thought it was moving...a family that at least knows the truth now.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03...

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#488479 Feb 14, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you, yes it was very wonderful casts of Listz's hands have been preserved and yes he has long fingers just like Sora I do. Liszt was also generous with his time and money, he was also the father in law to Richard Wagner and helped him immensely although according to the letters that were written between him and his daughter Cosima, he found him as a person to be repulsive but he admired him as a musician. Wagner was anti-semitic although it is speculated that his father was a playwright by the name of Geyer who was Jewish and raised him. Interesting how life works no?
Yes, it is. Here's another example: Fulgencio Batista, the Cuban dictator overthrown by Fidel Castro,
ensured that only whites could enter the Hotel Nacional in Havana, where U.S. celebrities, politicians and mafiosos ate, drank and gambled. Little did people know that Batista himself was a mulatto....

In my view, that sort of behavior reflects self-loathing. Very sad.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#488480 Feb 14, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
That was beautiful Grace, did you write this?
Hi Knowledge..No, I didn't write this. I wish I could write this beautifully..The actual author is unknown. I found it on the internet and wanted to share it. I am glad you liked it..Happy Valentines Day to you and your Hubby :) God Bless You Both

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#488481 Feb 14, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening Grace;
Beautiful gift thanks for this posting.God bless
Hello LW..
I hope you and your "hunny" had a wonderful Valentines Day.. ; )
mike

AOL

#488482 Feb 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay let's try it this way... you ever hear of a person who got drunk... was dancing on the tables or other stuff... then the next morning they asked what happened?
Be honest Mike.
In the same way, a man could wake up next to a woman not knowing when,where and how he got there.
Nice try QU

In order to "Rise" to the occasion that "Part" of the brain must be aware of it's surroundings, you can not "rise" without awareness.

You keep referring to "hear-say".

Location hidden

#488483 Feb 14, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello LW..
I hope you and your "hunny" had a wonderful Valentines Day.. ; )
Hi Grace;
Hope you and your honey had a special day together.
Happy Valentines day to you both.
Tis very cold here tonight our day was peaceful and quite.
God bless.

Location hidden

#488484 Feb 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is. Here's another example: Fulgencio Batista, the Cuban dictator overthrown by Fidel Castro,
ensured that only whites could enter the Hotel Nacional in Havana, where U.S. celebrities, politicians and mafiosos ate, drank and gambled. Little did people know that Batista himself was a mulatto....
In my view, that sort of behavior reflects self-loathing. Very sad.
Bonsoir mon ami, Sora and I have been to Cuba many times, a beautiful country in regards to racism I nor Sora have ever been targets of it as of yet. People of color such as Sora and myself come in many shades and complexions. We have been to many functons such as these and we never felt out of place although the racism is disgusting to us.
mike

AOL

#488485 Feb 14, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible states the earth is a circle (round) in Isaiah 40:22..He sits enthroned above the CIRCLE of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
When it states the four corners, It means..North, South, East and West makes up the corners.
Jesus died for the sins of the WORLD. IF you repent and believe on Him.. He died for everyone’s sins, it just means that everyone has the chance for eternal life. He isn't asking much from us except to believe!!! Its a Choice!
Jesus defeated death for us and has offered us Life eternally to ALL who believe...Thats why He is also called our "redeemer".. The victory over hell HAS been defeated already..Its not our job to defeat it IF we believe. Its really so simple. People and religion makes it harder than its suppose to be.
Hello G W

How exactly do you utilize "Redeemtion in this "Life"?

Can you use "Eternal-Life" in this life.

You "Express" "Hope", nothing more.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#488486 Feb 14, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, Sora and I have been to Cuba many times, a beautiful country in regards to racism I nor Sora have ever been targets of it as of yet. People of color such as Sora and myself come in many shades and complexions. We have been to many functons such as these and we never felt out of place although the racism is disgusting to us.
I too have been to Cuba, several times. Wonderful people, so full of energy and so happy despite their awful economic circumstances. It's truly an infectious place, keeps drawing you back. Our country has been very unfair to the people of Cuba, who suffer for political reasons and stubbornness on part of both governments.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#488487 Feb 14, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been a pleasure writing to you and your wife, Seraphine. I pray that God will bless you both for your kindness to strangers, who are so sick. My love for my father lives on, but I know he is in a better place and I would not want to bring him back. He died a painful death, and I know he is in such a better place. I too am blessed to have such a wonderful husband who I am not deserving of. God has truly blessed me as well. Happy Valentines Day to you and Sepaphrine.
Bonsoir Madame *Smiles gently* thank you such kindness shall always be remembered by use if by no other people. Our clients are important to us they are people first. What good is money if it is not used to help people? My sister I am sure is as well. We exchanged Valentine gifts early this morning when we awoke to begin our day, one does not need much for this just the thoughtcounts and we both held eachother and cried because they were all of the letters we have written to eachother over the course of our three year friendship and our eleven year marrige not to mention the first meeting. We met at a retreat at the USD and we were roomates we were seventeen and had just graduated high school as Valdedictorians (I hope I spelled this correctly, if not please assist me). We read them in front of the fireplace in the library and afterwards read poetry by Walt Whitman. There is one poem she sent to me of his on the day of our first meeting *Sobs* it makes me cry still because it explained our feelings for eachother. I shall have Seraphine post it, I am sure you shall tear as well. Happy Valentine's Day to you Madame and your husband may you both be blessed and live, long happy lives together.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#488488 Feb 14, 2013
Dear X,

Location hidden

#488489 Feb 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I too have been to Cuba, several times. Wonderful people, so full of energy and so happy despite their awful economic circumstances. It's truly an infectious place, keeps drawing you back. Our country has been very unfair to the people of Cuba, who suffer for political reasons and stubbornness on part of both governments.
Bonsoir mon ami, indeed it is that. They are happy yes and the music is beautiful too. America as a country has been very barbaric to the Cuban people and I hope this changes soon, their own government has also been cruel towards its citizens.

Location hidden

#488490 Feb 14, 2013
And He said unto them.Theses are the words which I spake unto you while I was yet with you,that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses and in the prophets and in the psalms concerning Me.Luke 24:44

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 658,957
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Insults Are Easier 71,155
14k Jewelry Hallmark b within a square 11 min bjintexas 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min TRUTH TELLER 974,874
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 15 min Rider on the Storm 289
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 22 min Johnny 5,085
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 40 min Poppyann 3,049
More from around the web