Comments
469,801 - 469,820 of 599,943 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#488269 Feb 14, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame *Closes eyes in pain* I apologize for appearing melancholic, and my heart grieves for what you went through as well. I feel your pain even now and you were a good daughter and your father loved you very much as my sister did for me. I live because I want to, I have someone who loves me unconditionally and there is nothing greater than that. I will never leave this world because I have too much to live for. I see my sister often, I told you that she is a part of me and Seraphine hung the last painting she did for her over my door as a sort of dreamcatcher. It is not this one, she has placed it here before. For myself, I feel as if I need no avatar my words are sufficient and you shall know me by those. Madame, you have not overstepped your boundaries and thank you for this. Msy God bless you as well, as for myself I have received the greatest blessing of all and I love Seraphine so much beyond words my feelings for her are. Medication has its place but the side affects are dreadful to deal with I believe in holistic cures and use it on a daily basis. We personally helped many clients dying of AIDS and Cancer financially in regards to treatment, we are not your stereotypical wealthy people Madame.
It has been a pleasure writing to you and your wife, Seraphine. I pray that God will bless you both for your kindness to strangers, who are so sick. My love for my father lives on, but I know he is in a better place and I would not want to bring him back. He died a painful death, and I know he is in such a better place. I too am blessed to have such a wonderful husband who I am not deserving of. God has truly blessed me as well. Happy Valentines Day to you and Sepaphrine.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#488270 Feb 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. You just happen to worship a jealous, envious, greedy deity who pretends to be almighty, who's books lie to you about love and twist your morals so that you have much hatred against others who are not like you.
But Shintoists know that your deity is just one of many.
Knowledge - yours that your deity is the "one true god," Shintoists that it's just one of many, atheists that none exist - knowledge is based on perspective.
As I said before, He is no god. And I disagree. Knowledge is based on not just perspective but evidence and experience. You can believe or not believe if you want to because I for one won't be forcing you to accept the way I have come to know and understand the path to the Kingdom of the Most High Creator.

It is called free will. People can choose freely to go to hell or to be saved; the Father condemns no one. We find every reason to disobey, rebel and live a wicked and abhorent life and condemn ourselves. It is simple, there will be NO PLACE in the Kingdom for Evil and Rebellion. You may not like it, but even you can understand this.

Your argument is poor and miserable. When someone stands up for perversion and abominable acts and claim that they 'Love', they are deceived and are wicked people as were in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Counter_Strike: As it were in the days of Lot, so shall it be in the end.[Quo Vadis]

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#488271 Feb 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>someplace in the middle.
objective trust is an oxymoron. where the objective, trust and faith not needed.
I didn't say anything about "objective trust". I was asking whether faith could not be grounded on some objective evidence. Which is something any rational person would do every day. When you buy a car, would you do so based on faith alone? Or would you expect some objective evidence that, say, the seller was the legal owner of the car? Why would you expect less evidence for a life-encompassing ideology?
Knowing Jesus Christ is trust and faith.
Blind faith? not exactly. there is a another component called spiritual faith.
although it not objective, but spiritual experiences yearly monthly or daily, strengthen the trust and faith in Jesus Christ.
Just as the spiritual experiences of every other religion strengthen their trust in faith in entirely different gods. That's exactly why objective evidence is so important. Otherwise, religion becomes an arbitrary choice, strengthened by confirmation bias.
it all start with the existence of God. because by definition an unseen God is a spiritual being. physical seen, spiritual unseen.
This is my path with my insecurity with buddhism. First, I had to acknowledge that
[God exist}. Then what God is true God? there are thousands of gods. Buddhism no have a god, so I quickly scratch that.
On the contrary, many sects of Buddhism have many gods. But why are you making an assumption that any god exists in the first place? Rationally, it's a big mistake to start off with such an a priori assumption.
So then I move on to investigate hindu gods and muslim gods and so forth.
Then I just take a second look at the religion of my youth, Christianity. Could it be Jesus Christ?
See, I scratch off most of the gods because they just not make any sense.
Yet doesn't Christianity assert that their God is beyond human understanding?
Now I think there is a god in Islam. I think muslim people experience god, but that god is the long time enemy of Jesus Christ.
Huh? They revere Jesus as an important messenger of God.
Because no matter what they want to say, Islam and Christianity at war.
Christianity is at war with every other religion. Indeed, Christianity is also at war with itself.
That not coincidence. Its because Islam is dominated by a strong god, that only the God of Christianity Jesus Christ, is stronger than.
No, it's because each religion asserts that they are right and everyone else is a heretic. Again, that is why objective evidence is essential to a pursuit of truth.
But that another subject. All I saying is that it must begin with
[God exist]. If you truly serious start there and Jesus will make himself known to you.
Well, just about every ex-Christian proves that isn't true.
But if you not serious, then you just want to stay in you sinful lifestyles and just lashing out against Christians to feel better in you philosophy of secular humanism. Discussions is something to do I guess, but you must know what you want out of discussions. to make yourself feel better, or to make a change.
Only you can know that.
Why do you assume that non-Christians pursue sinful lifestyles? For that matter, why do you seem to assume that Christians therefore do not? The are quite a large number of examples on both sides that disprove that claim.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#488272 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty I skip lots of pages here.
My apologies to those who I like to read and respond to, I just get tired of digging through the manure to find the ponies.
May you all find your heart's desire.
Yo G

I hear ya. I simply don't have the time anyway. I woke up 20 minutes ago and have to leave here in an 72 minutes for work. I honestly don't have any idea how people have gone 10-15 years working at places where they do 6 days, 12 hours a day. But whether people are working or simply have better things to do than scroll through posts they aren't going to get anything out of I am sure others feel the same as well. As much as it is good to break up the divisive topics no matter what they areas they normally at least bring a worthwhile debate to the table.

I can't read over and over again why someone doesn't like the faith or people condemning others. The pointless extremes just become very repetitive to me. I want to say "I get it, I got in a month ago". But that is the bizarre thing about Topix. If someone for instance where to come to my church and try to start telling me why all Christians are this or that I would dismiss them as someone whose opinion I could care less about and keep walking. Just as I am sure if someone came up to someone outside the faith and starting telling them they were going to hell I doubt they would sit around and chat with them for hours about it. We give way too much time to nonsense we never would in the real world.

JMO

(T) Peace

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#488273 Feb 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. You just happen to worship a jealous, envious, greedy deity who pretends to be almighty, who's books lie to you about love and twist your morals so that you have much hatred against others who are not like you.
But Shintoists know that your deity is just one of many.
Knowledge - yours that your deity is the "one true god," Shintoists that it's just one of many, atheists that none exist - knowledge is based on perspective.
1.'Jealous god' is a dismal mistranslation. What or who does a Supreme being, Most High Creator who owns and created everything have to be jealous of? He is the King of Kings; your argument makes no sense.

2. Why does He need to be envious? He wants your car and your house? Does He need your job or have use for your toilet? What do you, mortal and limited knowledge being have what He would envy you for. Your argument is poor and pathetic.

3. Why would Yahweh need to be greedy of? He has everything. The entire universe exists because He made it so. Does He seek to con you for your money? Your argument is lower than abysmal.

4. Finally; why would He need to pretend He's the Almighty? Even Ha Satan can't do that. Your argument is a colossal failure.

You don't deserve a do over. perversion and debauchery is not love, even if you enjoy it.

Counter_Strike: As it is written, so let it be done.

Location hidden

#488274 Feb 14, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skom...
[and the crew there.]
have to go now myself, but always with you in Spirit!
His Love and Peace be yours all ways.
Hey sister

I appreciate the wave hello

Hope all is well with you

Making a quick pass and then gotta go. Will catch up with you soon I hope

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#488275 Feb 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Howdy Skom :)
Howdy ma'am

(Skom tips hat)

:)

(T) Peace

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#488276 Feb 14, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 places those whom are committing adultery right along with homosexuals. So should people that divorce and remarry “be told as much as possible, in any way possible, by any means possible, that their act” of remarriage “is an immoral abominable perverse sin in the eyes of God“? Where are all the Christians screaming SIN at them?
A person may remarry for the reasons listed in my previous post, that is if they follow the scripture. Now Christians who had married other than the reasons specified in the other post is, according to the scripture, in an adulterous marriage. But just like homosexual Christian who can repent of the sin of homosexuality.. so can people who are in an adulterous marriage can repent once they get over being offended, shocked and denial. God will forgive both in response to genuine repentance. Good questions.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488277 Feb 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo G
I hear ya. I simply don't have the time anyway. I woke up 20 minutes ago and have to leave here in an 72 minutes for work. I honestly don't have any idea how people have gone 10-15 years working at places where they do 6 days, 12 hours a day. But whether people are working or simply have better things to do than scroll through posts they aren't going to get anything out of I am sure others feel the same as well. As much as it is good to break up the divisive topics no matter what they areas they normally at least bring a worthwhile debate to the table.
I can't read over and over again why someone doesn't like the faith or people condemning others. The pointless extremes just become very repetitive to me. I want to say "I get it, I got in a month ago". But that is the bizarre thing about Topix. If someone for instance where to come to my church and try to start telling me why all Christians are this or that I would dismiss them as someone whose opinion I could care less about and keep walking. Just as I am sure if someone came up to someone outside the faith and starting telling them they were going to hell I doubt they would sit around and chat with them for hours about it. We give way too much time to nonsense we never would in the real world.
JMO
(T) Peace
Agreed.

Might get back into this thread in the spring, if the tide goes out. LOL

Will be putting in 15 hour days for the next two months so I don;t have time for much.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#488278 Feb 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you this...If they say it is unidentifiable, then you KNOW they are lying. If this takes more than 5 days and is pos., then you will KNOW they have fabricated material and doc.s to support that conclusion.
This individuals records and identifiers are well above and beyond mine, and I am sure if I were hit by a semi my remains could be identified within 5 hours if they had any indication it could be me.
The most fascinating class I had, was Criminalistics . I know things change from day to day since I was in college, in the things they can do now. But, already, you can see it, things have been fabricated. The cabin looked like it was burned to the ground, I doubt they have anything left to work with. If I would have been the guy, I would have slipped a ring or something connected to the body. or should I say remains . The guy had no hair, he looked like he had really straight teeth, so either false, or had lots of dental work. Teeth are the hardest for a killer to get rid of easiest to identify, by dental records... My screen is 55 inches, I didn't see anything in the cabin that looked like a body, so it must have been charred . I sincerly doubt they will have enough to identify. Will be interesting to see the outcome.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#488279 Feb 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi happy! you're like my favorite lesbo:)
.. and, you're still my favorite married, Christian rogue ..
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#488280 Feb 14, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
When this first came on the news channel my first throught was prearranged program and as the announcement came all the holes become clear in this case.I expect it all been closed and sealed and will soon disappear or be lost.With as big as la is for all we know could have been a unclaimed body from the morgue out there cause I keep wonder why just that one cabin was not cleared and all the rest were.What ever the story I figure no one will really know.They only going to feed wondering minds what they think they want to hear.
As my dear old grandmother use to say, " it will all come out in the wash". LOL

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#488281 Feb 14, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
You do not see much of that taking place here in the States, and divorce almost seems like it has become a norm. Should I sit and point out repeatedly to all of the couples that I personally know whom are remarried, that they are daily choosing to live a life of sin because they are remarried?
You know, this is another subject but I just heard that Virginia is set to strike down a 100 something year old law banning two heterosexuals from shacking up.
We believe that the Virginia law is archaic and insane but some people took marriages more seriously back then as far as it being a true commitment. The reason why there are so many divorces is because is because we let ourselves become comfortable with sin and rebellion... we are so free that we don't even know where the boundary lines end and start anymore. We've crossed over too much boundaries that the street directions are pointing all over the place... "broad is the way that lead to destruction..." not just to one's soul but to one's marriage and other things also.

dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#488282 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Might get back into this thread in the spring, if the tide goes out. LOL
Will be putting in 15 hour days for the next two months so I don;t have time for much.
your earthly time is almost end,
deal with it, you are not able to avoid to die like skunk

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#488283 Feb 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. scientists know we haven't got "it all figured out." Your caricature of people who understand biology and therefore accept evolution is ridiculous.
2. your statements about your religious belief are simply that: statements about religious belief. They have no evidence based value to them and therefore do not contribute to a discussion of biology.
Your understanding suffers much. The last time I checked this was not a Science Thread.

All you did here was evade my questions because you have no answers, yet you are bold enough to attempt to place science above the Most High who created it for our use.

When you stop proclaiming yourself to be smarter than the average bear, then I may feel kind enough to give you my picnic basket.

CS.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488284 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
I Know JL, I Know. I fully expected that there would be thousands lining up and crowding around my ramparts to revel in such wisdom, but alas none, even not one has yet to arrive.
They must'a all wrote the address down wrong. Either that or that satana fella went an changed the street signs again.
But that's all OK. ole' Jibber an the 5 chiwawas is gonna be "highly" edgamakated.
Jibber was tell'n me he thinks it's all a government conspiracy ta try ta stop me from "light'n up" the world.
He may be right.
I may be crazy.
But it jist might be a lunatic folks is look'n for.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#488285 Feb 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. and, you're still my favorite married, Christian rogue ..
fart
very loud

Location hidden

#488286 Feb 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you going to ask me to forgive you?
At least act like a man on the internet. If you can't even pull that off I don't know how you manage real life. You come here day in and day out and insult people, making sweeping bigoted statements, lie, and act the hypocrite while calling others out for not being able to handle other people's comments and then you are going to keep whining someone not only owes you an apology but should solicit your forgiveness when you were wrong?

I was somewhat kidding when you spoke about prescribing an addictive unnecessary medication to an adult as you definitely didn't seem aware it has the adverse effect on adults. And I have seen you complain about your malpractice insurance rates and how you get rid of patients who don't follow your instructions yet have never seen you make a post indicating you personally care about your patients. It seems like you seem them as a means to an end (money) and nothing more than an annoyance and potential liability. But it is hard to know whether someone may just be venting about the negative and there is a positive. After reading you now for some time I can't imagine people having to put their health in your hands. A self-blind, hypocrite egotist with a god-complex who thinks he can judge millions of people but can't bring himself to admit when he is wrong even when it is so obvious. And not only won't admit it but will blame the other person and demand an apology.

I think I remember you saying you retired. I hope I read that anyway. I don't even want to think about how far you would go or take a medical decision instead of admitting you misdiagnosed someone or put them on the wrong path. I think you would help put someone in the ground before admitting you were wrong.

What are your faults anyway? I mean according to you? Lemme guess, sometimes you aren't patient enough with people you don't feel are as smart as you?(Skom rolls eyes)

Get a grip. Nobody owes you an apology because you lied. And you must think people are blind not to see how you try to tist things like slamming Christians for not having empathy to painting as you were simply portraying doctrine and that technically amends aren't required. Your pride and your dishonesty is quite the combination
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#488287 Feb 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about "objective trust". I was asking whether faith could not be grounded on some objective evidence. Which is something any rational person would do every day. When you buy a car, would you do so based on faith alone? Or would you expect some objective evidence that, say, the seller was the legal owner of the car? Why would you expect less evidence for a life-encompassing ideology?
<quoted text>
Just as the spiritual experiences of every other religion strengthen their trust in faith in entirely different gods. That's exactly why objective evidence is so important. Otherwise, religion becomes an arbitrary choice, strengthened by confirmation bias.
<quoted text>
On the contrary, many sects of Buddhism have many gods. But why are you making an assumption that any god exists in the first place? Rationally, it's a big mistake to start off with such an a priori assumption.
<quoted text>
Yet doesn't Christianity assert that their God is beyond human understanding?
<quoted text>
Huh? They revere Jesus as an important messenger of God.
<quoted text>
Christianity is at war with every other religion. Indeed, Christianity is also at war with itself.
<quoted text>
No, it's because each religion asserts that they are right and everyone else is a heretic. Again, that is why objective evidence is essential to a pursuit of truth.
<quoted text>
Well, just about every ex-Christian proves that isn't true.
<quoted text>
Why do you assume that non-Christians pursue sinful lifestyles? For that matter, why do you seem to assume that Christians therefore do not? The are quite a large number of examples on both sides that disprove that claim.
like usual post from you is only worthy
FARTS

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#488288 Feb 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
/hug
Hmm.. we'll see how that goes Ms. From-you. By the way, is your name Chinese?

LOL x 10

CS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Tide with Beach 733,043
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min onemale 258,001
Are truck drivers faithful?? (Sep '08) 28 min Ginger 64 169
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 31 min tamil 5,319
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min guest 538,995
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min eduardomanalo 117,973
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min Tuco Blondie 226,358
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Blck 106
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••